Flixaddict.comScam - charges your credit card when they say they won't!

J

This site says you can get free movies for your computer. They have different prices for different access levels. You must give your credit card to try it, but it says you will not be charged if you select the "free" level. I did this, and of course, had never heard of any of the free movies, so I never paid for any additional level access. I figured you'd have to pay for the top level to get any movies you've ever even heard of, much less anything you'd want to watch. Of course, my credit card was charged for 39.95. When you call their number, you get a recording offering to cancel, or if you have questions about your billing. That just gives you a recording saying you were informed they'd charge you after 5 days (which you weren't supposed to be for the free level.) They even rig the numbers to fool you (like you hit yes I want to cancel, and it says "Are you sure you want to cancel? if you don't want to cancel, press 1" since they figure you are already about to hit 1. If you can finally find your way through their menu for an option to speak with a representative, it hangs up on you or keeps you on hold and then hangs up on you.

• Pa
    PapaNOTSmart Feb 02, 2018

Crap! I can't believe that I fell for that! They have my debt card number and I'm going to have to close down my account - get a new debit card. Feeling really stupid!

• Je
    Jean Bonnefoy Jan 25, 2018

oops, good I searched for reviews and comments about that website before falling for their alleged free trial. Anyway, with this sort of site, I only give them a "throwaway" mail address and use a randomly generated password before doing anything I mjght regret (like giving my visa card details...)

• Su
    Suzanna O'Hare May 10, 2017

Got scammed too.I'm from Ireland and fell for the same offer. I've tried cancelling and still they take money from my account. They are ###... Xx

• Ne
    Newlife 50 May 02, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience .I almost to be their victim.

• Mi
    Mikkel Quintero Feb 09, 2016

I have about 6 left... [email protected]

• Mi
    Mikkel Quintero Feb 09, 2016

You want real free .movies... I sell boxes with unlimited movies, shows, , some live TV, sports, etc... I been doing these for years...I can also load videogames on them so you can play with a ps3 controller... Message me for info if you like... As long as you have internet, everything is free..

• Bo
    Boolynnloo Dec 26, 2015

The world is full of scammers and thieves, I'm so sorry that this happened to you but GO TO THE BANK AND CHANGE YOUR CARDS AND CHECKING ACCOUNT INFO!!! That's the only way to stop them from taking anymore of your money. I know it's a pain in the you know where. After that the trouble begins with you trying to get your money back which may not happen. Maybe all of you that has been scammed and cheated can get a lawyer to help you start a class action lawsuit against the perpatraitors. Also report this to the BBB. I hope that this idea might help you. Good luck!!

John V Harris Oct 27, 2015

Did the same to me this week; I did some checking and found an address listing this company and several others with like names; 207 Regent Street, London. It's probable a mailing address but surely someone out there has the knowledge to follow the money and find out what bank? is receiving the money. I am in Canada but if anyone reading this lives in England call Scotland Yard?

• Ro
    Roxana Perez Oct 17, 2015

They are a bunch of thieves .they did the same to me.

• Ro
    Roxana Perez Oct 17, 2015

It is a scam .flixplay charged my credit card too. They are a bunch of thieves!

• Br
    Bridgette Bryce Williams Sep 08, 2015

This flixsaddict is a total scam charged my credit card $50 haven't even used the website will be reporting as fraud
    Totally disgusted and cannot ring them as I'm in Australia
    I Call BULLSHXT

• Iv
    ivorbigun Jul 09, 2015

glad I read all the reviews and didn't put my card details in. I've already had one scam this year but not from this low life bunch of fraudsters .
    just hope no one else gets taken in by them
    You know the best way to watch films ? GO TO THE CINEMA OR WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT ON DVD

• Tr
    TruthSeekir Jun 20, 2015

Best way is to call your bank institution that number is located on the back of you c/c or d/c. Report it as a fraud, that is what I did. Tell them exactly of what it says on the webpage of the website, better to even do a screenshot of a picture. Your financial institution will try to contact them, once they will realize that the number of the webservice gives them run around, they will credit you the money within a few days. It worked for me, hopefully your financial institution will take care of you. But you got to report it as a FRAUD.

• La
    ladybug2535 Jun 05, 2015

The site very clearly says that your card will be charged after 5 days if you don't cancel. There is no "Free" tier, you will be charged after the 5 day trial. TRIAL. That said, there have been numerous complaints stating that people are being charged immediately even after selecting the free trial option.

• Mu
    musiclady1949 Mar 18, 2015

Thanks for the advice! Sorry you got scammed. I searched before I "bought".

• Dr
    Dr. Asiago Jul 31, 2014

Let's find their address, then get a bunch of us to go down their and pound their punis ###! These kind of ######ers deserve violence - lots of violence to stop this kind of Washington PoliticIan's behavior.

CHINOU Feb 20, 2014

my bank account was unduly cahrged by flixaddict for a five days free of charge test, they charge me 37 euros . It seems I am not the only one ; this kind of robery is unfair

• Lu
    luvigay Mar 21, 2013

I thought it only happens to me, i just click the free and and they billed me since dec.2012 i cancel it right away but still they are charging me i didnt even watch any movie because its not really free, so can i cancel it again so that they will stop charging me..

Christa Venter Jul 26, 2012

Please help! I got billed with R67.84 and need to stop this. Tell me how please

mark carpenter Mar 09, 2012

I got billed dont know how, or how to stop it

mark carpenter Mar 09, 2012

what do I do to stop this ?