Flight CentreFlight credit

Folks, don't book with Flight Centre if you need to cancel a flight. We did last summer and learned in March that we lost approximitely 650.00. I've used Flight Centre on a number of occasions, but this is the only time, last summer that I had to cancel.

First I called Air Canada, as it was their flight to learn I had to cancel with the travel company which is Flight Centre. So I called Flight Centre. They appraised me of the various fees I'd have to pay to cancel. There was an immediate charge on my credit card, plus additional charges ahead when I went to rebook. This doesn't include the 150.00 charge air canada was going to charge to rebook. So in effect, you pay double the cancellation fees. The worst to happen however was they never informed me that I had to reply to a confirmation email they were sending out, so when I saw the email arrive, I saw the confirmation of cancellation header and filed it away. Buried mid point in the email is the warning that you have to reply back or the flight isn't cancelled. So unknown to me at least until March of this year, was that I lost my credit and I was still charged to cancel the flight. This information surfaced in March, 2016 when I tried to rebook a ticket for Vancouver and was then informed I hadn't cancelled in spite of their email being clearly labelled that it required a response. When I explained that the agent had not mentioned, at any time there was the need to watch for this email and reply back, I was told there was no recording of my conversation.

Therefore in spite of the many times I've used Flight Centre to book flights to the UK over the years, this is how their customers are treated. Meanwhile, a month later I booked a flight directly with air canada. I also had to cancel this flight. I did it by phone, they have a record, no problem. Hence, deal directly either with a credible travel agent or with the airline.

Don't book with the Flight Centre!