Menu
Five Below Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Five Below
reviews and complaints

www.fivebelow.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.4 201 Reviews

How responsive is Five Below's customer service?

0 Resolved
14 Unresolved
Absolutely frustrating 🫠
It's quite possible that Five Below is not aware of the complaints or rarely monitors their existence because we find it hard to believe they don't care about their customers. We advise reviewers to be very careful and have a backup plan if their issue isn't addressed. Check out other unresolved complaints on ComplaintsBoard to avoid problems caused by Five Below's silence.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Five Below has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Five Below reviews and complaints 38

Sort by:

Newest Five Below reviews and complaints

12:00 am EST

Five Below Mixed Experiences at Five Below

As I reflect on the reviews from various customers, it's evident that Five Below offers a mixed experience. While some customers appreciate the affordability and variety of products, others have expressed concerns about customer service and product quality. It's important to approach shopping at Five Below with realistic expectations, considering the range of feedback provided by customers. Whether you're looking for budget-friendly items or unique finds, it's advisable to be mindful of potential challenges highlighted by past customers.

O
11:12 pm EST

Five Below Great prices

This is my go to to stock up on affordable gifts for Christmas. Fast shipping too. I have never had an issue.

10:31 pm EST

Five Below Five Below Compliments

They have the nicest people! Every time I go into a store, they are so helpful. I love visiting & will be back!

Is Five Below legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Five Below as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Five Below stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Five Below should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Five Below earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Five Below achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Five Below has received 11 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Five Below has registered the domain name for fivebelow.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Fivebelow.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Fivebelow.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Fivebelow.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Five Below, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Five Below is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Five Below website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Five Below has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 14 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Five Below. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    1. Affordable pricing: Most items under $5.
    2. Trendy merchandise: Constantly updated stock.
    3. Wide variety: Toys, tech, decor, and more.
    4. Fun shopping experience: Bright, engaging stores.
    5. Good for gifts: Ideal for budget-friendly presents.
  1. Cons
    1. Limited product quality due to low price focus
    2. Intense competition from online retailers
    3. Vulnerability to economic downturns
    4. Narrow target demographic (teens & pre-teens)

Five Below Great place and works r nice

Me and my friend went in to get sum stuff and our Apple Pay wasn't working and generously one of the works payed for us

G

Five Below Great store review by Mr. Gabriel C

This is a wonderful store that is clean and friendly. They have all the items you are looking for. All the employees are very friendly. Thanks Culiat

Five Below Great service at Willowbrook Store

I visited 5 Below in Willowbrook NJ and spoke to the employee at the door. Her name was Leighana. I was looking for a particular key ring and she knew exactly what I wanted and where to find it! She was so friendly and helpful! She showed me the great reusable shopping bag, so I bought 10! I will definitely be back to shop!

A

Five Below Amazing shopping experience

Went into Five Below to return and replace phone chargers. My husband had gotten 2 sets of chargers for our phones, but they weren't the right fit. I brought the chargers to the front ti return before I went to find what we needed. The cashier needed a code or something from the store manager. This is where I meant Kristina. She asked me to go what I wanted first and we would do the whole process at once.

While I must have been gone too long because Kristina came over to me and noticed I was lost. I was on the phone with my husband trying to figure out what he wanted me to get. She asked if she could help...I put her on the phone with my husband and very patiently she helped. She brought the chargers back to the desk and even tried them out to make sure they worked the way we wanted.

How many people in this day and age take such pride in their job. She not solving major world problems, she was just being kind, respectful to a store customer. She deserves an acknowledgement from her superiors. She deserves a raise. She deserves something. This kind of interaction is natural, she must be like this to all customers. Hope she gets rewarded.

Store manager Kristina at Five Below Pittsfield MA

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Extreme Service Issues! Don't Ruin Your Day!

June 15 2019 I emailed customer service the info below. Today is July 16 and they never even responded!

I just called your customer relations line and the greeting states a message may be left, or alternatively, an email may be sent via one of two email addresses.

I wanted to leave a message and the call disconnected after the greeting states goodbye.

I was visiting your store on Northwest Highway in Dallas Texas first thing Saturday morning (around 9am), for the start of my shopping spree.

As I approached the entrance a lady possibly around 30 years of age, slender, brown hair in a shoulder length ponytail was hauling items out for sidewalk placement.
I said hi, are you open yet?
She responded with a look of disdain and then looked right past me as she continued to haul the items out.

In disbelief I said wow I know you heard me and that was rude, are you open yet?

She mumbled something and then shrugged both shoulders, with both palms facing upwards and said you see the door open!

With eyes and mouth agape. I said well sometimes stores need a few minutes to set up and I didn't know if it was 9 yet (I'd just seen hours on the door.)

I then said forget it, with your rude a!
I'm calling headquarters right now!

I have never had something that inconsiderate or rude happen in a business in any recent years.

My son has long recommended the store and this was my second visit-the item I bought yesterday was not in working condition.

I will stick to mainstream stores-I didn't get 20 feet inside Target without being greeted by three employees.

Do something about that lady!

Revise your phone greeting menu to actually accommodate the options that are stated.

1:20 pm EDT

Five Below Shift leaders

The Southaven MS store that have recently opened is ran by unprofessional people. The shift leader name Marissa tried to fight one of the customers in the store due to the customer having a complaint. This is giving bad reviews and the store haven’t been opened a month. She also need to learn how to talk to the employees inside the store. Some people aren’t meant to be in management because they abuse the authority!

N
11:37 am EDT

Five Below Exchange policy

I buy multiple things from five below in Oswego, Illinois. Things do go bad quickly. Today August 19 I walked in the store coach. The lady at the register call Sophia. 10:30am I tried to explain my iPhone cord I bought was not working properly, and immediately she told me if I don’t have my receipt they can’t help me. I believe, knowing the product breaks down easily they could at least exchange it. I spend a lot of money at five below. I’m very upset.

Desired outcome: Exchange the chord

F
5:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Charged me an incorrect price, rude manager, worst customer service

Purchased 3 mats, with sticker price on the mats and on the BOX which held the mats. Price $4.00 each, I have the pictures, tags and pic of box reflecting the $4.00. However they rang up at $5.00 each, I informed the associate, she would not give me her last name, but stated her first was Alicia and she was the manager. She was rude and condescending to me. I showed her the mats with the tags and showed her the box reflecting the $5.00. She just laughed and told me “no”. This is not a good practice and rude service. Will never purchase items from this store. I work at a bank and have purchased thousands of dollars over the years for our community events.

Desired outcome: Refund and charge what was stated in the items. An apology from this rude associate

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Disappointing Experience with Five Below's Online Store: Delivery Mishap and Poor Customer Service

I was so pumped to try out Five Below's online store and ordered a couple of things from their Michigan location. My first order didn't quite go as planned and I ended up getting a partial refund in the form of store credit. No biggie, I thought, and decided to order something else.

But then the waiting game began. I kept checking my email for updates on when my package would arrive, but nothing came. Finally, I received a notification that my package had been delivered. Hooray! But wait... it was delivered to an address in Grand Rapids that I had never heard of before. I live in Big Rapids, which is a good 50 miles north of there. And get this - the address numbers weren't even remotely similar.

I tried reaching out to Five Below multiple times to get this sorted out, but it was a total hassle. I had to jump through so many hoops just to submit a request to them, and even then I never got a response. I'm beyond frustrated and disappointed with this experience, and I don't think I'll be shopping with them again anytime soon.

R

Five Below Disappointing Quality and Comfort: Five Below Headphones Review

So, I recently bought some headphones from Five Below's website, fivebelow.com. I was hoping to use them while working out or at school, but I was pretty disappointed with the quality. When I started listening to music, it sounded like a bunch of loud, screeching noises that hurt my ears. I'm pretty sensitive to sound, so it was really uncomfortable for me. Plus, even though the headphones were supposed to be comfortable, they didn't really help much. One time, I was in the car and they hurt so bad that I had to take them off.

This morning, I went to grab the headphones and put them on, but they snapped in half! I was pretty frustrated, but I didn't want to deal with the annoying kids on the bus, so I just kept them on. Unfortunately, they still hurt my ears and it was really difficult to listen to music. All I wanted to do was listen to Set it Off and K/DA in peace, but I had to keep taking the headphones off to fix my ears from hurting too much.

Overall, I wouldn't really recommend these headphones from Five Below. They might be cheap, but they're definitely not worth it if they're going to hurt your ears and break so easily. I think I'll be looking for some better quality headphones next time.

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Disastrous First Order from Five Below: Missing Items and Poor Customer Service

My first order from Five Below was a complete disaster. I spent over $204 and was missing six items from my cart. When I reached out to customer service, they refused to swap out the missing items or provide a refund. This left me extremely disappointed, as I had planned to give these items as Christmas presents to my kids. I strongly advise against ordering from this company, as they clearly cannot be trusted to fulfill orders correctly.

To make matters worse, the representative I spoke with, Jacqueline, was extremely unhelpful. She seemed disinterested in resolving my issue and offered no solutions. If I could give a negative five-star review, I would. As a customer, I am beyond frustrated and disappointed with the lack of care and attention given to my order.

I sincerely hope that Five Below takes steps to improve their customer service team. It is unacceptable to treat customers in this manner, especially during the busy holiday season. I urge them to get their act together and prioritize the needs of their customers. As for me, I will not be ordering from Five Below again and will be sure to share my negative experience with others.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Mixed Experience with Five Below: Great In-Store Finds, Disappointing Online Order

So, my daughter dragged me into Five Below for the first time and I gotta say, it was pretty dope. We found some really cool stuff at a great price and the quality was surprisingly good. I was so impressed that I decided to order some things online a few days later. I added everything to my cart and paid right away, but it took a little longer than I'm used to for my items to arrive. When the package finally came, I was bummed to find that some of the items were missing. I paid eight bucks for shipping, so I was pretty annoyed that I didn't get everything I paid for. I mean, why let me pay for something if you're just gonna sell it to someone else later on? And to top it off, I didn't even get an email about it. But, I talked to the online chat and they did refund me my shipping fee and the missing items, so that's something. Overall, it was a bit of a letdown, but at least they made it right in the end.

L

Five Below Excellent Customer Service at Five Below: A Review

I recently visited Five Below to purchase a new cell phone screen saver. I had just left the cell phone store and thought my phone was cracked, but it turned out to be the screen saver that was cracked. Luckily, I had purchased my previous screen saver from Five Below, so I headed straight there to buy a new one. The cell phone store wanted to charge me $45 for a new screen saver, but I knew I could find a better deal at Five Below.

When I arrived at the store, I was greeted by a friendly sales clerk named Christopher Banks. He helped me at the self check out and made sure that the cover I was buying was the correct size. Unfortunately, they didn't have any full screen covers in stock at the time, but Christopher went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. He even waited while I went to my car to get my phone so I could make sure the cover fit properly.

Christopher was very friendly and welcoming to all customers entering the store. He greeted them with a warm "Welcome to Five Below!" and made sure they felt comfortable and taken care of. I was impressed by his excellent customer service skills and decided to share my positive experience with his supervisor.

Overall, I had a great experience at Five Below and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for affordable and high-quality products. The store has a wide variety of items, from electronics to home decor to beauty products, all priced at $5 or less. It's a great place to shop for gifts or just to treat yourself without breaking the bank. And with friendly and helpful employees like Christopher, you're sure to have a positive shopping experience every time you visit.

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Warning: Five Below's Fart Spray is a Disaster - Don't Buy It!

Listen up, folks! I have a warning for all of you out there. If you're thinking about buying the fart spray from Five Below, DON'T DO IT! I made the mistake of buying it as a stocking stuffer for my cousin Joey, and let me tell you, it was a disaster. I couldn't resist the temptation to try it out before Christmas, and boy, was that a mistake. I told Joey to just do a tiny squirt, but he went all out and sprayed half the bottle all over the living room. And unfortunately, I got hit too.

Let me tell you, this spray is no joke. It's like a demon in a bottle, waiting to unleash its foul stench on unsuspecting victims. The smell is so bad, I can't even describe it. It's like a mixture of rotten eggs, spoiled milk, and something else I can't even put my finger on. It's like the creator of this spray took all the worst smells in the world and combined them into one vile concoction.

Joey and I were both gagging and coughing for a good ten minutes after he sprayed it. I had to scrub myself down with soap and water to get the smell off, and even then, I could still smell it. I had to use up all my apple-scented room spray just to mask the smell a little bit. But even now, there's still a hint of it lingering in the air.

So, take my advice and don't buy this spray. It's not worth the money, and it's definitely not worth the smell. Spare yourself the misery and buy your kids something else. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

R

Five Below Five Below's Website and App: A Frustrating Experience

I recently had an experience with Five Below's website and app that left me feeling frustrated. I was trying to make a fairly large order for my son, including things like pool floats, games, and fillers for around the house. While I don't expect these items to last forever, I have been pleasantly surprised by the durability of some of the things I've purchased from Five Below in the past.

However, my issue was with the website and app. I spent days trying to shop and put my order through, but half of the items I clicked "add to cart" for were not showing up on the website. I couldn't remove or add anything at that point, and the app was even worse. I spent a long time adding things to my cart, only to find out at checkout that my cart was empty. I was so confused and frustrated! When I tried to use the website instead, I had similar issues. It was a mess, and I ended up giving up on my order altogether. I would give the website and app one star - they really failed me.

As for the products themselves, I think it's important to remember that you get what you pay for. If you're paying an average of $5 for something, you can't expect it to be top-of-the-line quality. However, most of the things I've seen and purchased from Five Below serve their purpose well, and some have even exceeded my expectations. Some people might expect these products to perform at a higher level, but I think it's important to keep in mind that you're paying a low price for them. If you want something of higher quality, you'll have to pay more for it elsewhere.

M

Five Below Disappointed with Five Below's Lack of Customer Service at Checkout

I used to go to Five Below all the time, for all sorts of reasons - back to school shopping, getting gifts for the holidays, even picking up some things for work. But I gotta say, I'm not too happy with them right now. They've gone and made it so that the only way you can check out is by using the self-checkout machines. I get that they're trying to save some money, but come on - what about customer service? It feels like they don't care about us anymore. And that's just not right. I mean, we're the ones who are spending our hard-earned cash there, right? So why should we have to put up with this kind of treatment? Honestly, I'm thinking about taking my business elsewhere if they don't change things up soon. It's just not worth it to me to deal with all this hassle.

B

Five Below Unpleasant Experience at Five Below in Columbia, SC: A Review

So, I went to Five Below in Columbia, SC and I gotta say, it was a bit of a weird experience. I mean, I was just trying to shop and enjoy myself, but this older lady kept following me around. At first, I didn't really pay it no mind, but then she just kept popping up everywhere I went. It was like she was trying to catch me doing something wrong or something. And to top it off, when I went to check out, she was just plain rude to me. I mean, come on now, I'm just trying to buy some stuff here. It was pretty embarrassing, to be honest. I don't know if I'll be going back to that store anytime soon. Maybe I'll just stick to shopping online from now on.

Five Below In-depth Review

In summary: Five Below is a popular retail chain known for its vast array of products priced at $5 or below. The store offers a fun shopping experience with a focus on value for money, making it a go-to destination for budget-conscious shoppers looking for a variety of items ranging from toys to tech accessories.

Overview of Five Below: Five Below is a unique retail concept that specializes in offering a wide range of merchandise at a fixed price point of $5 or less. The store caters to teens, pre-teens, and value-oriented shoppers, providing a treasure-hunt shopping experience with an ever-changing assortment of products.

Product Range and Quality: The product range at Five Below is impressive, with categories including toys, beauty products, home decor, party supplies, and tech accessories. While the quality may not be on par with higher-priced items, the products are generally reliable for their cost and serve their intended purpose well.

Pricing and Value for Money: Five Below excels in offering competitive pricing, with most items priced at $5 or less. This pricing strategy provides excellent value for money, especially for shoppers on a tight budget or those looking for inexpensive gifts and novelties.

Store Layout and Atmosphere: The store layout is typically bright and colorful, with products well-organized into their respective categories. The atmosphere is lively and inviting, encouraging customers to browse and explore the variety of items available.

Customer Service Experience: Customer service at Five Below can vary by location, but staff are generally friendly and willing to help with any questions or concerns. However, during peak times, the stores can become quite busy, which may impact the level of service received.

Online Shopping Experience: Five Below's online shopping platform provides a convenient way to browse and purchase products from the comfort of home. The website is user-friendly, with clear categories and images, although the online product selection may not be as extensive as in-store.

Checkout Process and Payment Options: The checkout process at Five Below is straightforward, with various payment options available including major credit cards, debit cards, and gift cards. In-store, lines can be long during busy periods, but cashiers work efficiently to keep the process moving.

Sales, Promotions, and Discounts: While Five Below's pricing is already low, the store occasionally offers sales and promotions on select items. These deals are typically well-advertised in-store and online, providing additional savings opportunities for customers.

Return and Exchange Policies: Five Below has a return policy that allows for exchanges or refunds within a specified period, provided the items are in new condition with original receipts. It's advisable to check the specific terms as they may vary or change over time.

Location Accessibility and Convenience: Five Below stores are often located in shopping centers and malls, making them easily accessible with ample parking. The store's popularity ensures a presence in many regions, providing convenience for a wide customer base.

Store Cleanliness and Organization: Stores are generally clean and well-maintained, with products neatly displayed and organized. However, due to the high traffic and nature of the low-cost items, some areas can become disorganized, particularly during busy shopping times.

Product Availability and Stock Levels: Product availability can be hit or miss, as popular items tend to sell out quickly. Stock levels vary, and there may be limited quantities of certain items, so it's often a case of 'get it while you can'.

Brand Reputation and Reliability: Five Below has built a reputation for being a reliable source for affordable goods. While not known for high-end products, the brand is trusted for providing a diverse range of items that meet the needs of budget-conscious consumers.

Community Involvement and Social Responsibility: Five Below has shown a commitment to community involvement through various charitable initiatives and partnerships. The company's social responsibility efforts contribute positively to its overall reputation.

Comparison with Competitors: Compared to other discount retailers, Five Below stands out for its unique price point and trendy product selection. While it may not offer the same quality as some competitors, its focus on affordability and a fun shopping experience gives it a competitive edge in the market.

How to file a complaint about Five Below?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint against Five Below on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account on ComplaintsBoard.com, log in using your credentials. If not, create a new account on the platform.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue you have with Five Below in the 'Complaint Title' section. Be concise but descriptive.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Five Below. Mention key areas of concern, any relevant transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, the nature of the problem, and the personal impact it has had on you.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data in these attachments.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses incurred and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking from Five Below.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it. Ensure all necessary details are included.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to officially submit your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for any responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com. Stay informed about the progress of your complaint.

By following these steps, you can effectively file a complaint against Five Below on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Five Below customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Five Below?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Five Below Customer Service. Initial Five Below complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Five Below above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Five Below. Discuss the issues you have had with Five Below and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.