Having problems with Fitbit?

Fitbit reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 27, 2013. The latest review Fitbit HR was posted on Apr 18, 2021. Fitbit has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 48 reviews. Fitbit has resolved 0 complaints.

Fitbit Customer Service Contacts

Thu6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fitbit Customer Service. Initial Fitbit complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fitbit above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fitbit. Discuss the issues you have had with Fitbit and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fitbit Complaints & Reviews

FitbitFitbit HR

Weeks ago I called the company because neither mine or my husband's Fitbit HRs were tracking sleeping restoration (heart rate comparing resting with sleeping rates) with a chart. We both pay the monthly premium service fee. I have contacted them three times and am told each time they are working on it. I asked for refunds since the only reason we went with Fitbit rather than Apple was because of the heart rate tracking tools. I was told refunds had not been discussed and they had no idea when the problem would be fixed. And now all data is gone for weeks and weeks that previously was there.

FitbitVersa 2

I bought 2 fitbit versa 2 and after 1 year on both the top piece fell out. When I called customer no service they said the watch is out of warranty. Why do they make a watch that last 1 year and the warranty is 1 year? The same issue on both watches. I will not advise buying this product. Does anyone else have that issue? It seems like a manufacturer fault but fitbit is not standing by their product.
    They sent me a discount to buy another one. Why would I buy another one when the same thing happened to 2 watches and at the same time just after the warranty is over, makes no sense. I am done with fitbit.

FitbitIonic smart watch- the screen is blank but it is fully charged and the sensor is working

After a discussion on the chat calls to resolve a malfunctioning / non-functioning fitness tracker that was just over a year old and cost $500, this company refused to offer a solution. After doing some research I came across many negative reviews about the same issue (blank screen) and feel that this is a common fault. I was advised that it does not happen to every device in return I advised that it does happen to many therefore this is a fault!

$500 for a year's worth of watch! think again Fitbit I would not purchase again EVER!

FitbitFitbit Inspire HR

The function on my Fitbit watch which reports sleep patterns has stopped working. I bought it about a year ago for that particular function. I had a chat online with Fitbit. The operator went though all the possible fixes. None worked. He said he would get back to me. He has not done so. It seems that it cannot be made to work and needs to be replaced.

FitbitFitbit

I just learned that you have merged with google! I will be selling my Fitbit and will never purchase another one!! I was already not going to buy another because you support blm, but was willing to keep it till it broke, but google is the last straw. I may not even sell it, I will probably crush it and buy one from someone else or just go back to the very expensive watch I had and haven't worn since buying a Fitbit!!! [censored] you and [censored] google!!!

FitbitVersa 2 Fitness Tracker

After making many calls to resolve a malfunctioning / non functioning fitness tracker that was less than 30 days old, this company refused to offer solution or honor warranty. Blatantly will NOT offer a replacement and remedy a problem product that obviously is a widespread problem device.

Terrible in every way. Worse, the absolute refusal to replace a 30 day old product that has a 1 year warranty.

FitbitIt died in 15 months

Bought a Fitbit Charge 3 with extra bands on 9/17/19. Total cost with tax: $183.64. On 1/18/20, it stopped working. Several months ago it froze, but I cleaned the charging connection and it worked well again--until a few days ago.

Contacted Fitbit, but (as I knew) it is out of warranty. Still, nothing that expensive should stop working in under a year and a half. I'm a senior citizen, and I mainly use it when walking. Never abused it in any way. I liked it a lot and am very disappointed.

FitbitService

Customer service is less than stellar. Ordered two Fitbits for my grandkids Dec. 3rd for Christmas presents. I have contacted the company twice as the estimated delivery date, on their tracking page, shows no date, the delivery location, and only that it is running late. This product is stated to be mailed First Class Mail. To date, Dec. 17th, Fitbit can't tell me where my order is OR when it will be delivered. Are they willing to replace and expedite the order, no. Poor service.

FitbitFailure to fix faulty band design

I have owned a Fitbit Alta for many years. I have had to replace the band more than once because it broke. The way it breaks can result in the Fitbit falling off without notice. My wife, daughter and myself have had that problem. Fitbit could easily change the design of the band to fix this issue but they have not for years. I was able to find a 3rd party band that did not break.

I have to replace my Fitbit Alta. The Fitbit Alta is no longer sold so I am looking at a Fitbit Inspire 2. I researched the new model and found customer complaints on the FitBit Community site saying that the Inspire 2 attachment to the device fails and the Fitbit falls off. They have not been able to fix the problem by buying a 3rd party band.

I like everything else about Fitbits but if the company can't figure out a way to keep it on your wrist, it isn't worth buying. I no longer trust Fitbit because of their failure to fix the Alta problem for years and reports of a new device with a similar problem. I wonder why they would sell a device that can be lost because of a known band issue.

FitbitVersa 2

I bought a Fitbit Versa 2 to replace a Fitbit Versa that would not recharge. When I received the Versa 2, I discovered that the Versa 2 was not compatible with my LG G7 ThinQ Android phone. The replacement of the phone with one that was compatible was cost prohibitive. I uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled a current version. Additionally, I installed a Bluetooth dongle to allow my computer to connect to my Bluetooth devices. Eureka! Things started to work as advertised. I was happy with my Versa 2, in that it was now able to link up to my smart phone. Then I was asked to update the Fitbit software. Of course, I lost the text messages notification and the phone call notifications through the Versa 2. Using the Fitbit chat room seemed difficult to try and resolve my problem. I just can't help but feel the answer to my Versa 2 functionality problems is to replace the Versa 2 with something else.

Jim Cooper
                    [protected]@fuse.net

Aug 25, 2020

Fitbit — Versa

Good evening/morning I hope you are well and healthy, I have spoken to you several times, the last time I...

FitbitBad Customer Service

I had an issue with a Fitbit product. Contacted them they gave me a
                      return label. I sent it to them and waited, and waited, and waited. After 30 shipping days they finally rec'd it. They then sent the wrong thing. I had to send it back again and waited another 30 days for them to receive it. I still have not got my product back. GA to CA. I have contacted customer service several times but did not get anything resolved. They just tell you someone will contact you when they get everything figured out. This company has horrible customer service. And where else does it take 30 days to ship something from GA to CA. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Jul 17, 2020

Fitbit — Verse 2

My Verse 2 started buzzing all the time. it would not operate correctly the battery would only last 3...

Jun 03, 2020

Fitbit — Charge 3

My Fitbit is often wrong. Today it tells me I took tover 5, 900 steps. Dead wrong. It did not track my bike...

FitbitVersa

FitBit (Versa) has let me down in a very big way.
                        Very disappointing & they've lost me as a brand fan forever.
                        I would NOT recommend this brand.

The 1st time I purchased it, it malfunctioned after several months of basic use. I got a free replacement b/c it was in warranty. Then recently, when I tried to update the hardware (to get it to sync with my other activity apps), the updating process hangs forever. For literally several days, I spoke with diff reps who told me to restart many devices and processes--with the same end results each time. It's like they had no clue about their product.

Apparently the warranty timeframe for the (defective) merch is only good for the original purchase. Right--so I got a defective merch replacement since the original merch was defective. And if I want to get a new FitBit, then I'll get 25% discount off a device. What is so hard about this concept? I'll pay 100% for products that will work 100% of the time, not 75% for products that might work x% of the time.
                        WTF.

FitbitFitbit Inspire HR

We purchased it from Challenger Technologies Limited at Plaza Singapura on 3Oth November 2019.
                          Within a week it was unable to show anything on the screen.
                          We approached Challenger they asked to go to one shop Mojito in the same mall Plaza Singapura.

They had no stock and asked us to see again after Chinese New Year on 25th January.

We have approached them many times but they still don't have stock.

We are really finding it a headache, to get it replaced and loosing our patience.

Can you please help us in this matter.

Fitbit Inspire HR
                          Fitbit Inspire HR

Fitbitversa

i have been calling for two days now with no help m y versa won syncwith my galaxy s 10 e i still cant get any help i have done everything i am very upset i cant believe the custumer servce i have gotten i am in tears no help i am very frustrated i still don have my fitbit working and nothing is solved i am ready to send it back and try something else i cant belive this is how you treat your custumers i was very loyal too, thank you for your time, Esther Fuentes -Brown

Fitbitfitbit charge 2

As was confirmed by Fitbit during two telephone conversations with corporate, in a percentage of the Fitbit Charge 2 faces spontaneously crack. Although Fitbit was aware of this they did not inform buyers and once the Charge 2 is out of warranted they will not replace it. They continued to sell the Charge 2 after they were aware of the flaw. Fitbit does not repair trackers. Fitbit offers a percentage off a replacement and no other adjustment. I am disappointed in the corporate policy. Every hour I am electronically prompted by Fitbit and am sent weekly email progress messages. Certainly, I could have been notified of the manufactured flaw and replaced the product in a timely manner within warrantee.

Jan 16, 2020

Fitbit — versa 2

I got a Fitbit for Christmas and it won't receive notifications I contacted them numerous times and they...

Jan 09, 2020

Fitbit — fitbit ionic/adidas edition

I bought a Fitbit Ionic in July and by September it stopped working. Called customer service and got a...