Having problems with Fitbit?

Fitbit reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 27, 2013. The latest review Charge 4 was posted on May 24, 2021. Fitbit has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 49 reviews. Fitbit has resolved 0 complaints.

Fitbit Customer Service Contacts

Thu6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fitbit Customer Service. Initial Fitbit complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fitbit above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fitbit. Discuss the issues you have had with Fitbit and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fitbit Complaints & Reviews

Jan 09, 2020

Fitbit — fitbit ionic/adidas edition

I bought a Fitbit Ionic in July and by September it stopped working. Called customer service and got a...

Jan 06, 2020

Fitbit — fitbit charge 3

This is the most frustrating watch. It's also pointless when one of the main reasons I bought it, will not...

Fitbitwatch band merlo braid style

I received an item different from the item I have purchased. The item I ordered was a watch band to go with a new Fit bit. The item that showed up a month later was a charging cable for an old Fit bit. The watch band was back ordered do to its style and popularity. I went ahead and ordered it anyway.
I'm sure it's a common mistake as Christmas time is busy for everyone. To be clear I ordered the latest Fitbit and merlot braided watch band.
I received the Fit bit quickly. A month later I received a charging cable for a different product. Also I received no info about the delivery it was just shoved in my mailbox.
Please help me resolve this issue as I am a long time user of fit bit. I feel like I have been ripped off.

Fitbitcharge 3

The caps represent the importance not yelling.
    My charge three shows charge and then within 245 hrs. it is completely drained. and when I contact C. S. I have to do your JOB and monitor the issue!!! I believe that you are selling inferior products and once sale is complete you create a scenario that is complicated and will have the customer just give up!!! REPEAT CLIENTS ARE NOT SINCERLY CONSIDERED !! CHARGE 3-BATTERY NO GOOD OR BEGINNG TO FAIL- NO RESULOTION - VERY UNSATIFIED CUSTOMER (FORMER)-- (replacement) I would never recommend your products to anyone.
    I most likely will never hear from you or no settlement.
    Unthank you

Dec 16, 2019

Fitbit — delay in delivery

I ordered a Fitbit Versa 2 on 12/2. Got Fedex tracking number for estimated delivery on 12/10. On 12/10 it...

Fitbitcharge 3

I suffer from cardiomyopathy and insomnia. I hope asked my wife last Christmas for Fitbit. I was very satisfied with it up until October. The day I updated my Apple phone in early October shortly afterwards my Fitbit went crazy. The face started jumping changing different screens etc. etc. Contacted Fitbit and they said if I didn't buy it through them they wouldn't take care of it.I went to the community and that was a huge mistake on my part. Too many millennial's! I'm an old man I'm just looking for satisfaction! So far I've gotten done! I'd like to return this thing to you for free so that you can hang it on your wall as an abysmal failure. Please send me an address where I can mail it.

James Costello

Fitbitfitbit charge 3

I've bee having issues with my Charge 3 between Blacked face, not tracking stairs (and most likely steps too), hard time syncing, and not getting notification. Today was 7th time called and purchased the device July 7th 2019. Have to constantly have to hard reboot the device. My issue is when I reboot the device it works for a few weeks and then I have problems with it again. I feel there is a defect in my charge 3 and they wont address it... Just want to put a band aid on the problem and not addressing the real solution. Im tried of calling with every little problem. I paid for a device and I'm constantly dealing with trying to fix it and only had for 5 mths. I dont know what else I can do. Please help me
        Thanks

Fitbitall of the watches I purchased in two orders

: Transaction ID

7P552618LJ4212915

Transaction ID

69T35385NX030130R

I have already sent two emails to you concerning these watches.
          They are not at all the quality expected, do not sync, and I just want my money back. I had purchased this for my husband, myself, and three elderly aunts, but they do not work as explained on the site nor in the directions.
          Just refund my money and send a return label.

• Updated by Denise Lynch · Nov 27, 2019

Transaction ID Transaction ID

7P552618LJ4212915
              69T35385NX030130R

These items did not work as said, were not the quality claimed in the ad, did not do what it claimed in the ad, would not sync with app., cheaply made. These were to be Christmas presents for my husband, myself, and three Senior Aunts. No way would I give them. Please refund the money and send the label to return.
              I have been to the sites suggested and received nothing or was redirected to other sites that were not what they said they were. I feel I have been scammed.

Fitbiticonic watch failed to work after firmware update

My 1yr and 5mth fitbit Iconic was working fine until i was prompted to do a software update. However it got hung halfway during the update. And then the watch keep flashing on and off the logo. Now no device can see the watch via Bluetooth and according to the service staff, the watch is deemed as spoilt. Becos my watch is more than 12mths, theres Nothing that they can do except to advice me to purchase a new fitbit.

How can fitbit just get away with that. This is so frustrating.

Oct 24, 2019

Fitbit — fitbit surge

The strap keeps breaking and coming away from the watch. I've had to return it to the shop on 3 separate...

Fitbitcharge 3

Worst customer service ever. Four-months after purchase of a Charge 3, screen became too dim to use. Common problem, according to Fitbit Community Forum. Customer service had me reset in July, then said it was a "known issue", and that Tech Support were "looking into it. I've requested replacement, repair, or reprogramming, but two months later, this POS is just a paperweight, and Fitbit has made NO effort to resolve the issue in spite of weekly contact with Customer Service.

Fitbitcustomer service fitbit charge 3

Absolutely disgusted that I can not speak to anyone higher than a supervisor! I am in an email thread with their "customer service" (joke) about an upgrade or change of fitbit due to the fact this will be my 6th charge 3 since jam this year due to faults with them. I was bought it for my birthday to replace the charge 2 that I had been having problems with for 2 years. I had 4 of them in total. I even comained about the battery draining on the 3 and never got told that the latest update was causing issues. It would only charge to 99% and from 9am - 11am it had dropped to 52%. They sent me a 4th pebble only as a replacement and that was scratched. Now they have agreed to send me a brand new complete charge 3 and 3 months fitbit premium. I don't want another charge 3 and 50% off another type is an insult. I work in customer services so know how it works and know all about "good will" etc. If they are going to send a new charge 3 and 3 months fitbit premium then I would rather they keep that and I add the remaining £20 and try the new versa 2 that is being released!!

Fitbit Versacomplaint

Have been using my versa for approx six months. Last two weeks battery running low within 3-4 hours and not recording steps. I'm a fitness instructor and rely on my Fitbit versa. Email margo.[protected]@hotmail.com. I hope to get some resolve ASAP. Should this be happening with a fairly new item? I have had manyfitbits in the past but have never had a problem such as this. Unfortunately I don't have receipt, box or paperwork.

complaint

Fitbitfitbit replacement email

Today, I was able to speak with Chenelle (the last point of contact MANAGER).. I have a Fitbit alta that stop charging. After stating my complaint this is the email I received. Please everyone comment to decipher how you interpret the email and the meaning of ALSO? Ionic 40% off plus 25% off??? OR 25% off or 40% off ionic, but not together???
                    FITBIT DOES NOT STAND BEHIND PRODUCT OR WRITTEN EMAIL AND CHENELLE ---stated, "She could not account for her employee typing this email". NOTE---CHENELLE IS THE (LAST POINT OF CONTACT FOR THE FITBIT MANAGEMENT)!

fitbit replacement email

Fitbitfitbit ionic notifications inconvenience

Hello Pramod,

This is a follow up email to your Fitbit Case #: [protected] regarding your Fitbit Ionic notifications inconvenience.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We're aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
                      Juan Felipe G. and the Fitbit Team

• Updated by Pk-usa · Jun 10, 2019

Very a standard and worst exp I got from customer service.

Fitbitweekly report sent to my e-mail.

I use to receive a weekly progress report on my activity for the week. Found it to be very helpful and inspirational. The report contained such information as total miles, average daily calorie burn, total active minutes, days exercising, average restful sleep, average hours with 250+ steps, average resting heart rate and weight change. It suddenly stop for no reason about 4 weeks ago. Can you please explain why? Thank you.
                        John Regenfuss

Fitbitcharge 2

I upgraded to a charge 2 so I could stay in contact with a sick family member via notifications. I'm not getting any notifications anymore. The support team said it was because of an upgrade and my phone is no longer compatible with the fitbit.
                          There is nothing they can do. Gee...thanks alot. My phone was compatible when I bought the fitbit and now it's not. Wish I knew that when I bought it.

Fitbitfitbit surge

I have a one year old fitbit surge. Hoping to record heart rate during sleep hours and calorie burn, I spent a lot of money on this tracker.
                            My first negative experience with my fitbit surge was about 3 months in, and I got this red rash where I wear my fitbit. I wear a Gshock on my other hand (and have for years), and this has never happened. I started searching for the reason for this rash and it turns out that I was not the only one to have rashes due to fitbit use, it just so happens that there are a LOT of complaints on their website concerning this rubber/silicone material causing skin rash. I stopped using it for a couple of weeks and started to use it again, once the rash came back, I had to stop and start again.
                            This was the beginning of our love/hate relationship.
                            A couple months later, the fitbit company decided to change/improve their website (which their consumers are already used to) and that really angered me that they force their consumers/costumers to re-adapt to their new dashboard and website navigation.
                            After re-adapting, everything ran smoothly, but I started having difficulty to charge, after looking at the bottom of the watch, it seems a lot of my dead skin has blocked the charging hole and I had to clean it (which is normal, but please, who puts a charging hole in contact with skin?), I blame this on a faulty design. After cleaning, it worked normal.
                            After a few days it stopped charging again, and it turns out the charger was also faulty, and I had to fiddle with the position of the charging cable to charge the watch, and the more this happened, the harder it was to find the right charging position.
                            I eventually gave up and told my daughter to order me a charger, but she had difficulty finding an original, so she bought one off an online shop.
                            When the charger arrived it worked fine, and I was happy for another couple of months, though my wristband was getting a bit torn.
                            Some months later my wristband was completely torn and I've had to use my handy stapler to staple the parts together so I at least can continue wearing it. "Why not buy a new band?" you ask? Well, this fitbit surge is an "old" model, and they have so many new fitbits releasing that the surge's spare parts were no longer available on their site. It's not even being marketed anymore, maybe it was a faulty product that fitbit no longer wants to be distributed.
                            Again my daughter had to look on online shops to find my surge band, and lucky me, my size was XL which made it ten times harder to find. FINALLY she found one on amazon.com, and the band is imported from China (We live in Indonesia by the way). So to get this SUPER RARE AND EXCLUSIVE FAKE BAND, we had to order from amazon.com, they had to ship it from China, to America/Canada (forgot), and then ship it here. The shipping costs were more than the actual product price.
                            Thank you so much for that FITBIT.
                            After all that, again we had a problem, a month ago my surge stopped recording my heart rate. I check my dashboard every single day and it has always recorded (synced), but that day, there was no data. It continued the following days and I have tried to clean the watch, re-charge, reset, played with the dongle, and nothing worked. After contacting costumer service they informed me that it may be that the fitbit is not updated, so I asked how to update, and they said it must be connected to the smartphone app. I do not use handphones at all, and do not own one, luckily my daughter does, and she helped update the software on the watch.
                            It could sync the her phone, but it wouldn't sync to my pc which is ridiculous.

The only advice customer service had for me is "If all else fails, buy a new watch".
                            This angered me to the point that I am writing this complaint right now.

Fitbit — fitbit alta hr

I absolutely love my Fitbit Alta HR, it does everything I want it to do... except last. I'm now on my 4th or...

Fitbitcustomer service

my fitbit froze on the fitbit logo..dispite numerous attempts to fit the situation as well as sending a video of my attempts to fix the situation thru fitbits customer service I was told that I was under warranty and would be sent a replacement...dispite numerous calls and the run around..no one knows where my fitbit is or the status of my replacement...if youre going to send me a replacement send me one already why do I have to send mine in and wait over 2 weeks and still don't have the product..would you just refund my payment so that I can get an apple watch.