First Choice PowerOvercharge

D

We finally switched to TXU. My bills from First Choice would go from $200 to $400 to $300 and the last straw was a freakin' $557 bill that blew my mind. Not to mention had my power shut off once and had to fax them a copy of my canceled check to prove I'd paid my bill. I get sent to some lady that says my power shouldn't have been turned off and some 1, 500 people had had their bills screwed up. They'd have it on ASAP. The next freakin' afternoon my power still wasn't back on so I called her back. She says her records show my power was turned back on. "I'm standing here in the DARK. My power is not on!" She asks if I've checked my breakers. As if I don't know the difference. It took another few hours before my power is finally back on.

My first bill from TXU? $159. It's a no-brainer to me.

• Sh
    Shana Feb 13, 2009

I would try Ambit Energy.
    They are a discount energy provider.
    They also have a program where you can get free energy. You can also quote your savings online.
    www.yoda.joinambit.com

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices