Fiat2 cars

N Nov 04, 2018

November 4, 2018

Chrysler Corporation

I am writting to share my experience and unfortunate disappoinment with the purchase of not one (1) but two (2) of your FIAT SUVs.

When I decided to purchase my very first brand new car, I did not hesitate at all on pursuing my dream car, which just so happened to be a FIAT 500L.

As a single parent and mother of two (2) children and living on a fixed income, I decided to pursue my dream of owning a brand new car. Lttle did I know my dream would turn into a nightmare in the month of March 2015 when I visited FIAT of SAN JUAN located in Puerto Rico and bought a brand new 2015 FIAT 500L Model POP VIN: ZFBCFAAH4FZ031474. The car came equipped with nothing but problems from the very beginning including issues with the transmission and loss of power going up hills among other things.

In order to purrchase my new FIAT 500L, my dad signed over the title of ownership of a Ford Taurus which was the family car I used to drive prior to handing it over as a trade-in that valued at approximately one thousand three hundred dollars ($1, 300.00).

Excited about taking ownership of my very first brand new FIAT 500L, I signed all of the paper work without any hesitation. At the time, I found the monthly payments of four hundred sixty four dollars ($464.00) a bit high, but since I was living with my parents at the time, I felt I would be able to sacrifice and make the payments with no problems.

On or around August 10, 2015, approximately about six (6) months after I bought the car, I had to return to the dealer to repair something that went wrong with the rear windshield wiper. I had to wait until October 3, 2015 in order to get it repaired by the dealer since the work that needed to get done would take a full day and I couldn't leave the car earlier because it was my only means of transportation.

On this same day, The vehicle needed to get the oil changed so I decided to have the vehicle serviced. During the maintenance service, the dealership (FIAT of San Juan), noticed the radiator was leaking coolant, which was suppossed to have been repaired by the dealer.

On October 6, 2015, I had to have the vehicle towed from my work place because coolant continued to leak out.
It was later found by the dealer to have had a problem with the engine which was leaking through a defaulted engine gasket.
This was repaired by the dealer and because they did not have the parts available and because this was going to be a major repair I was given a loaner car. It took about (3) three weeks for thr dealer to finally repair my car.

On or around the month of November 2015, I noticed the sound from the stereo system was generating a "static" effect that made the music sound terrible and unbearable to listen to. So once again after notifying the dealer of this, it wasn't until December 16, 2015 the front right speaker was replaced because it was found to have had a defect from the manufacturer causing the problem. This was repaired with no charge. Then unbelievably, on june 13, 2016 I had to return to the dealer once again to notify I was confronting similar problems with the rear right speaker.

On August 6, 2016 I returned to the dealer to notify I was experiencing problems with the transmission and loss of power while driving up hills, but was so fed up about having to visit the dealer for so many issues regarding this vehicle, I sought to speak with a Sales Representative to see if I could return the vehicle or learn about other options.
I met with Sales Representative Jorge L. Ramos, who seemed pleasant and very knowledgeable and informed me that the transmission on the FIAT 500L POP models were "deffective" and causing problems with other clients as well.
It was very unfortunate to learn that I was sold a car that was known to have a hidden vice in regards to the transmission. If I had known about this before hand, I would have never purchased the car in the first place.
After a couple of hours at the dealer, Mr. Ramos showed me the new FIAT 500X model and talked about the improvements that were made to this new model FIAT which I found to be a suitable option.
I thought at last I would be "trouble free" and I would finally have a reliable and more dependable car with tons of new features, however, I was wrong!
Mr. Ramos introduced me to the Finance Manager Ms. Yaitza Nieves who had prepared all of the paper work and numbers for upgrading to the newer 500X model. Since I was so upset with all of the problems regarding the 500L POP model, I felt upgrading to a newer model was my only option. Although the choice to upgrade to the new 500X model came with a more higher financial burden I felt I had no other option than eitiher accepting to purchase this car or turn in my current FIAT 500L and risk ruining my credit.
So I decided once again to make the sacrifice to upgrade, thus my 2nd neiw car purchase.
The monthly payments increased from four hundred sixtey nine dollars ($469.00) to five hundred forty nine (rt$549.00) dollars.

Nonetheless, I traded in my 500L for the new 500x= Vin: zfbcfxbt5gp402726.

At first all was good, but on January 5, 2017 I had to inform the rear gate latch button was broken, although minor, it was the beginning of having to re-visit the dealership once again. It wasn't until February 18, 2017 the latch was repaired at no cost. On this same day, we had to inform, the car lighter stopped working, the center arm rest needed to be re-secured and the outside flare on the driver's side was loose and falling apart. (see pictures)

On or around June 10, 2018 I noticed the car started to over-heat and on June 12, 2018 once again I had to experience having my car towed from my job to the dealership for repairs.
At this time, I was informed by the dealership that the radiator fan was defective and needed to be replaced.
On June 20, 2018 I had to return to the dealer because the car would suddenly "turn off" while driving and the car would emit a "bad smell" similar to burning smoke. The car needed to be electrically boosted in order to drive once again to the dealer.
I was informed by the dealer that the battery was defective and needed to be replaced.
Upon receiving my car from the dealer I spoke with the manager Mr. Cesar Batista to address the issue with the outside flare molding that is loose and appears to be falling apart. As he went outside to inspect the vehicle, he noticed rust (oxidation) just below the hood of the car on the driver's side. He then proceeded to take pictures and reported the issue internally and later informed the dealership agreed to fix the issue regarding the rust which seems to be a manufacturer defect.

This car owes over twenty nine thousand dollars ($29, 000) because a portion of the balance of my previous FIAT 500L was financed into the new car loan for the FIAT 500X.

All of the issues regarding both vehicles have made me sick. I have experienced so much anxiety, stress and tension due to this.
I find it repulsive to think I was taken advantage of twice and I feel as if I should have never traded-in the Ford Taurus. My old family car never gave me as much problems as did these both cars.

I am writing to you first to seek a resolve.
I do not waive any rights and may at my discretion seek legal action against FIAT of San Juan and Chrysler Corporation.
At this time I am only asking for a full refund of all of the payments made.
It is way too early for a 2016 FIAT 500X to be experiencing rust this soon.
I no longer want this vehicle and would prefer my old car back rather then having to pay for a car with so many problems.
I may be reached at [protected] or you may simply respond to my email [protected]@gmail.com.

Sincerely,
Nayda Menéndez

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.(Por favor considere nuestro ambiente antes de imprimir el e-mail.)

• Updated by Nayda M · Nov 04, 2018

November 4, 2018

Chrysler Corporation

Nonetheless, I traded in my 500L for the new 500x= Vin: zfbcfxbt5gp402726.

I am writing to you first to seek a resolve.
    At this time I am only asking for a full refund of all of the payments made.
    It is way too early for a 2016 FIAT 500X to be experiencing rust this soon.
    I may be reached at [protected] / [protected], or you may simply respond to my email [protected]@gmail.com.

Sincerely,