FastFloors.comtiles

K

I read the complaint listed for fastfloors.com and it made me nervous. When I use a website for high dollar construction materials, bad reviews ares concerning. I am happy to report that I am entirely satisfied with the purchase, inc follow through, delivery and the quality of the product. The sales rep was professional and helpful. I would rate the experience as 9 out of 10. Quotes for local tile vendors for the same product were double the cost, even with the added shipping expense. I will happily use fastfloors.com in the future.

• Pa
    Patent_Lawyer Dec 03, 2009

Hi,

My wife and I had a much less than satisfying experience with Fastfloors.com. Let me start by listing all the good points, before moving to the bad points:

1) Their prices are the best in town
    2) We were able to resolve the matter in its entirety. Kudos to Sharon Spencer at their claims dept. for refunding our money. I know she was probably as frustrated as we were.

Now...for the bad points:

1) Some of the products they sell are outdated relative to what the flooring manufacturer is currently offering
    2) They don't specify on their webpage that the product that you are buying is not of the quality that is currently being offered (e.g., veneer moldings versus solid hardwood moldings)
    3) They have a difficult time in TIMELY responding to customer inquiries (you have to resort to being a pest in order to get the information you want)
    4) Even when they assured us that one of the 2-month backordered items were going to arrive in the current quality, they let me know 2 months after we placed the order that they would not be able to fulfill my order (which my guess is that they get special deals on the outdated products because that merchandise needs to move). Logic tells me that if they are an authorized dealer for a product, they should be able to order/sell the most up to date products of that flooring manufacturer if they chose to.

My advice to you is to contact the flooring manufacturer directly and request the product numbers of everything that you plan on buying (make sure you know the material type, manufacturing process used, color) and then ensure that those product numbers appear in your invoice. That is your only protection when you get the wrong product and request a replacement or a refund.

In fairness, we did get our refund. But, two months and countless e-mails and voicemails later...was it worth trying to save money with Fastfloors.com? In our case, the answer is a resounding "NO".

F.Y.I...I am an attorney, not a flooring professional or "brick and mortar" store or other online flooring retailer. I am just a person who wanted to share his experience so that others in a similar situation can make a more informed decision when shopping online. :)

Best of luck to you all!

• Jh
    jhksgj Aug 17, 2008

Fastloors is a scam. Go with other websites. All of the other sites ive dealt with are legit...