FactoryOutletStore.comavoid this seller at all costs

S

I purchased the Plantronics Backseat 903 Plus from this vendor. It was advertised as "Brand New". I received a used, scratched headset that wouldn't even charge. I had to send it back at my expense via UPS. When I called for a refund they deducted 15% for restocking fee. I paid $45.00 + another $10.00 to return it. Customer service was terrible Now I filed a dispute with AMEX to get my money back. Avoid this seller at all costs.

• La
    Lady7thart Nov 25, 2011

this company did a quick bate and switch and then as soon as I discovered the fraud called them and they shipped it out anyway!
    Beware they listed the item in the google best price compare as new and then switched to newly new!

• La
    Lady7thart Nov 25, 2011

the scammers of this bait and switch on 11/25/11 is factoryoutletstore.com also g.factoryoutletstore.com tel [protected]

• Dl
    dlelonek May 30, 2012

First of all, I had really thought that they part of Garmin, the manufacturer of the GPS's and other similar devices. Instead they sell refurbished GPS's with very deceptive presentations. I bought a GPS from them online, which I thought had Lifetime Maps and Lifetime Traffic for both North America and Europe. Well there was a tiny * by the maps line that pointed to some small print at the very bottom of the page that said "North America Only". I did not see this * when I ordered the GPS. When I tried to download the European maps, I then found out that I had Lifetime North American maps only. So I then called Garmin directly and I then found out that they were not part of the Garmin company. When I called the Factory Outlet Store (which took about 30 minutes for them to answer, I was then being switched several times to other people and then being put on hold for a while each time), they said I would have to either return the item to them (resulting in a 15% restocking fee) or exchange for another product. Considering the exchange, I had questions about other products so I tried to call back. Sadly they have a bad habit of answering and then putting you on hold for a long time and often hanging up (they are just bad news all around). I am going to try an exchange the GPS I bought but as they are such a shady company, I am very apprehensive but I am hoping for the best. I would advised EVERYONE to STAY AWAY from them in the future.

• Fr
    Fran Swallow Oct 18, 2018

@dlelonek I wish i had known about this company. I never would have ordered from them. the guy that took the order was rude.
    I will pass the word around.