Menu

reviews & complaints

FabFitFun Complaints Summary

25 Resolved
48 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with FabFitFun, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Claimed
FabFitFun has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of FabFitFun. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

FabFitFun complaints 73

Sort by:

Newest FabFitFun reviews & complaints

2:16 pm EST

FabFitFun website doesn't work, hard to contact cs, items don't ship, 'customizations' don't happen

i regrettably signed up for this service in December. My first order included an item that was supposed to be 'drop shipped' and after almost a month, never came. they gave me credit to use for the site instead of a refund. My second order, I never got the email to make my customization selections and every time I went to the website, it said customization selections were not available. I tried to get help through the chatbot, which is the only way apparently to reach CS and eventually got to an agent who said i could make selections - but then the majority of them were out of stock and too bad for me? i cant get a refund for the membership i paid and now i guess i'm stuck getting stuff i dont want? total rip off.

Desired outcome: REFUND

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified FabFitFun representatives only. If you are affiliated with FabFitFun, please claim your business to access these details.

7:29 am EST

FabFitFun Company attempted to charge my credit card without authorization

I used to subscribe many years ago. A few days ago I received an email from them and just looked at their products. I never once put anything in a cart or considered purchasing. Last night I received an email from them that my credit card was declined. What?! They attempted to charge me with my cc that they still had on file! Thank goodness it has since expired and they could not charge me. This is fraud!

L
2:47 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have yet to receive my 2023 FabFitFun Fall box. I received tracking information for it August 28th, but it just says that the label was created. It looks like FedEx has yet to ever receive my box. I contacted customer service and they concluded that my box was lost and that every item in my box was "out of stock". They then said that I would not be...

Is FabFitFun legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals FabFitFun as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 34% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, FabFitFun stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering FabFitFun should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

FabFitFun earns 96% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: FabFitFun achives 96% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for FabFitFun. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

A long registered date for fabfitfun.com can be seen as a positive aspect for FabFitFun as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of FabFitFun's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Fabfitfun.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows FabFitFun website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Fabfitfun.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for FabFitFun have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up FabFitFun and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with FabFitFun's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 34% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the fabfitfun.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • FabFitFun protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
5:03 pm EDT

FabFitFun Not subscribed

I’m not Subaru to FFF haven’t been over 2 yrs even my account days closed but they are chargers my credit card, I reached out to them and they confirmed I do not have an account but yet I’m still brung charged for a FFF account. Even a box came last month and I told them I do not want or need any of the items but they said I don’t have an account yet they charged me 34.97! than another 64.97z I disputed with credit card company but it’s still in there and I don’t even wnat nor have an active account.

Desired outcome: Would like subscription canceled and stop being charged for it. I did send the box back returns to sender.

Update by Jennifer Neville
May 30, 2023 5:08 pm EDT

Sorry I should have proof read that. I’m basically saying I don’t want a subscription and yes I put return to sender when I did get one box. I haven’t had a subscription in over 2yrs and I don’t need anything. I have to much makeup and random junk they send. Why I just sent back return to sender. Please try figure out why on my end it says account is closed/ yet I’m being charged and a lot more than I use to. They charged me 2 times. I did get a box but put return to sender. They should have gotten it back by now.

12:18 am EDT

FabFitFun Sign up promo

I signed up for their annual membership because the promo for a barefoot dreams gift valued at $300 would be included. I put in the code and the invoice on the payment page had it listed.

Got my box and no gift, contacted the customer service and they said code was never entered and there was nothing they could do now. I was offered a mystery gift and told there was no way I entered the code and they could not honor it because the stock was depleted. But they have an ad for that same code still running. I sent her a picture of the ad and she said they can’t do anything but send a mystery gift.

At this point even if I cancel I’m out the money because it was an annual subscription and have to stay with this company.

Desired outcome: I would like the $300 value barefoot gift promo. I signed up for there annual subscription only because it was the only way to get the promotion.

P
6:14 pm EST

FabFitFun Mystery $400 Drop Ship item

A $400 Composter showed up on our doorstep, no invoice, nothing. After some investigation we figured out the charge on the card was from FabFitFun. No idea how this got in our cart. Very mysterious. Oh and they have a strict no return policy for these drop ship items. Bad business practices. Do not give them any of your business. Customer service is also terrible.

Desired outcome: Refund/Return.

R
12:25 pm EST

FabFitFun Winter box

For the amount of money I paid for the box just isn’t worth it . It took over a month to get here , and they sent me nothing that I would use. The products they sent were covered in dust . It’s like they didn't even look at my preferences and just threw whatever in the box . I immediately cancelled my subscription, I was looking forward for this for a while and I’m honestly so disappointed. :(

12:58 pm EST

FabFitFun Unauthorized charges

I had a membership for Fabfitfun [protected]. My sister tried to have me sign up again this past September, but I chose not to when it was apparent that things that were promised to be customizable were not. No big deal.

This winter, I was emailed a promotion from Fabfitfun that said people who did not have memberships could shop their sale. I went, browsed, and added some stuff to my cart. There was a banner with a timer at the top that said to "act fast" or something to that effect. It did not say that when the timer ran out, I would automatically be charged for the items. Apparently, however, that was the case. Several days later, I was billed $362.49.

Once I realized this, I reached out to Fabfitfun. In a lengthy online chat, I was informed that I would have to pay for the drop-shipped items, but "[a]s a courtesy this time, you can ship the order back to us at your own expense and we'll process a full refund for the [remaining part of the] order once we receive confirmation of its return to our warehouse."

I expressed my concern at several things:

1. This would not include the entire purchase.

2. It would be expensive to ship from NJ back to CA.

3. I never agreed to have my credit card charged.

At this point, I asked that my credit card information be removed from their site. This request was ignored; rather, they shared the links for "the FAQs regarding the Edit Sale and Dropship Items" in addition to sharing a screenshot of the mobile site that mentioned automatic shipping in a very small print hidden in the middle of the page.

I commented, "That is irrelevant. I left the site with no intention of buying anything. This is an intentionally nefarious business practice."

[Incidentally: The Edit Sale FAQ starts, "Every season, members have access to an exclusive sale called the Edit Sale, containing amazing products for huge discounts (30% - 80% off)! Each sale will be open for a limited period of time and functions just like seasonal Add-Ons, with automatic checkout at the end of the sale!" I am not a member, so I'm not sure how/why the information on this page would apply to me.

When perusing the Dropship Items FAQs, it's apparent that "UK customers... have additional statutory rights with respect to refunds and returns," so dropship returns are possible.]

Holding me to member agreements when I am not a member does not make sense, and I cannot understand how it is legally binding. I did not authorize FFF to charge my card, not on a monthly basis and not for that sale. I am unsure why they are permitted to keep my credit card information stored when I am no longer a customer (and even now after I asked twice for it to be removed.)

I noted that the items had not shipped yet and asked to cancel the shipping. I repeated, "I also need my credit card information removed from your site." That request was ignored again, and the associate promised that someone would email me back with some resolution.

I never received that reply, so a few days later I emailed FFF, including a transcript of previous online conversation. I said, "Again, this order needs to be cancelled. Shipping on the majority of this has not updated, so I see no reason it cannot be stopped. I feel like this delay is just making that less possible."

This, in part, was the response:

"This is a follow-up email regarding your concern. I totally understand where you're coming from and our customers will always be our priority! I've already got an update from our team and talked to one of my managing supervisors here. I've gone ahead and processed a ​​$202.55 USD refund for the following items below but you will still receive them... However, we can no longer cancel and process refund for the dropship items and I'm so sorry. Drop Ship items ship directly from the retailer and separately from the rest of your order. Information regarding Drop Ship will always be noted in the product description of applicable items and all Drop Ship purchases are considered final and non-refundable."

Since then, it appears that they issued a partial refund and cancelled the part of the order that went along with it. However, I am still being charged $159.84 for the drop-shipped items, including those that still haven't shipped. I hold that these charges are, and always were, fraudulent. I am not a member, so I cannot see how membership terms would apply to me. I did not give authorization to be charged. In addition to the financial cost, I have expended hours in dealing with this issue.

Desired outcome: Full refund.

H
12:34 pm EST

FabFitFun Fraudulent charges

Dear Fab Fit Fun Legal team,

I have an issue with your policies that need to be addressed. I was once a member but it’s been over a year since I canceled my membership.

I received an email and opened it. The email had some products that I was considering purchasing so I added them into my cart. This is a common practice among all Internet shoppers. My items in the cart were charged to my credit cart. Placing items into a cart does not grant authorization to charge my card.

I am not a member nor did I agree to any terms that you may have for your members. What just happened to me is fraudulent. There is an issue with FFF keeping my card on file. When my revolving membership ended so did the right to hold my credit card information. Merchants only have the right to store customer debit or credit cards for repeat transactions. This is in contrast to payments collected as “one-off” payments, in which the information needs to be provided each time a transaction is made.

image2.png

I have read all policies, terms and conditions. There is nothing in this agreement that applies to me. I am attaching the chat with a fab fit representative who states:

image1.jpeg

Again never did I grant permission for cart items to be considered items I was intending on purchasing or give authorization to be charged. Nor do I have a scheduled bill date for anything! I’m not a member. Please refer to attachment.

Only after reviewing my bank statement was I aware that there were any fraudulent charges to my bank account. No products were sent or received.

There are many wrong doings to consider in this scenario. First and foremost is my credit card information. Obviously items put in your cart by a nonmember do not grant permission to authorize a sale without legal verbiage stating that ridiculous policy. In fact that would contradict the below example,

image4.png

“Proceed to checkout” or “Act fast!, Items in your cart are not on hold”. If the nonsense that conveyed to me today was true it should have read “ordered” or “no need to act! we’re charging you anyway”.

Why is my credit card info being held? The last purchase was June 22 and the account was closed. Also the website does not give access for members or customers to remove their credit card information. There is an edit button but you need to replace one credit card with another. Not only are you not giving customers an option to remove their cc you’re holding their information after an account is closed. Multiple wrongs.

image5.png

The above states “reactivate“ because I am a not a member.

Show me the legal verbiage that allowed this transaction occur.

image6.png

How is this great news for me?

Not only was the charge fraudulent, I am upset! I have also waisted my morning to correct the mistake.

How is this going to be handled? How do I recoup my time and money? Is this going to happen to others? Is anyone aware of a class action lawsuit for the above reasons?

I look forward to hearing the resolution. Please feel free to reach out to me for any documents or information needed.

Heather Matthews

1 comment
Tina Marie Ted
Egg Harbor Twp, US
Jan 16, 2023 12:10 pm EST

The same exact thing happened to me. I am also a former member who received an email and checked out the sale... added some stuff to my cart, but wasn't interested. I also saw the "act fast" timer at the top of the page and didn't care because I assumed it meant I'd lose out on the items in my card that I didn't want anyway. I was charged almost $400, and I have also spent way too much time trying to take care of this. Multiple requests to have my credit card information removed from the site were literally ignored. They eventually refunded me for part of my purchase but insist that about $160 is not refundable because it is being drop shipped. They've eagerly offered screen shots and links to FAQ pages, but I am not a member of their service. I just clicked on a link that they sent me. I never gave permission for my card to be charged (or even for its info to be held by their website) and cannot understand how this is legal.

M
5:11 pm EST

FabFitFun Most recent order

I signed up in October and was supposed to get the round blow dryer brush. I was charged in October and again in November. My box came and there is no brush. Not only did I get charged twice for 1 box, I didn’t get the one item I actually wanted. I canceled before because of covid, I will be canceling this time because I am very dissatisfied with the box

Desired outcome: I would at least like the blow dryer brush I was supposed to get when I resubscribed

M
2:14 pm EST

FabFitFun Add-ons scam

I have ran into the same issue several times now leading to unauthorized charges for products on my account. I have contacted customer service several times and even spoke to Mandy, who works with the management team in the customer care billing department, but never received any follow up or resolution. So, I am here to warn others about the scam behind FFF so others don’t fall victim to it like I have.

When FFF is having special event sales (such as add-on’s) the website has an algorithm that it uses to push the products that you favorite or recently look at to the top of the page. Once you hit a threshold it will stop pre-populating the page with new items; however, if you get rid of some items in your cart, or browse the sold out section and re-favorite some items there, then new items will appear. Including items that were just sold out, but adding them to your cart is a different story.

Now, let me explain the issue. I have noticed on several occasions that items I hit “add to cart” but got the “sold out” response to, actually did get added to my cart by the end of a sale, even though they may not have appeared in my cart before the end of the sale. I have also noticed that the number of a particular item has increased, decreased or disappeared.

So while I may have added 3 green goo first aid packs to my cart to give as stocking stuffers for Christmas, I am now only getting 1…but don’t worry because I will have 3 hair dryers now -_- smh oh, and apparently they ran out of the 1L size conditioner I added but I’m still stuck with the shampoo…those are just some of the issues with this order…

How is anyone supposed to use this company reliably? They have a “no return policy” and will put whatever they see fit in your cart once the sale is over and no changes are allowed, then charge your card for whatever they put in your cart. How is that fair? They are unwilling to help when you reach out making it seem like it’s your fault their website has some type of algorithm that it uses and won’t make adjustments to the order when it’s clearly incorrect and not what you ordered. Save yourself the trouble and search for the products on Mercari, EBay or Poshmark. A lot of people are selling the same things on these apps and at least you know what you add to your cart is what is in your cart and what you will be charged for. This will be my second dispute with FFF and I will be canceling my subscription with them. There needs to be a lawsuit against this company for this scam they are running and pretending to not know anything.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund for the unauthorized products, will return if provided s&h. I would also like a solution to this reoccurring issue. If items change after a sale ends, then customers should have a final decision on the items purchased

C
3:43 pm EST

FabFitFun 2022/2023 membership

I wanted to cancel my membership but it renewed before I cancelled. I tried to dispute the charge and cancel but my credit card company denied me so I agreed. I contacted fabfitfun to advise I dropped the dispute and reactivate my membership. They are telling me to update my credit card information but it looks like I'm going to be charged again and I'm certainly not paying twice! So now I can not customize my boxes because my membership is"cancelled" even though I got the fall box and an email about the winter box. I've been emailing back and forth and just getting the run around. Fabfitfun is not fun and not fabulous in my opinion. I'm just getting completely frustrated that I paid for something and I'm not getting to enjoy it at all! How do I reactivate my account without paying an annual membership again?

Desired outcome: to just customize what I paid for

D
4:29 pm EDT

FabFitFun Subscription service

I opted out of the summer box. Upon waiting for my fall box, I got ZERO. Spoke wa rep and they said I would soon receive the summer box. Two weeks later I got nothing. What gives? Two weeks later called again, only to learn they assumed I wanted to swap my fall box. I was charged $199 but never received any box. So I requested a refund of my Sept charge, and requested to end my subscription. They said fine. Which is pitiful because I ENJOY receiving FAB/FIT/FUN boxes! Your customer service reps really need some retraining if you wish to keep your customers!

Desired outcome: Any box

2:28 pm EDT

FabFitFun Scam/ Fraud

I, like Serena’s post on Aug 04, 2022 at 6:54 pm,, am getting charged for items I did not purchase. This is the third time this has happened. They really need to do something about their add on page. I browse their items on their add-on and every time I do that I get charged for something I didn’t even select. I’m so sick and tired of this happening. I’m cancelling my membership. They’re crooks

Desired outcome: Please Refund

6:54 pm EDT

FabFitFun Fraud

Has anyone else receive a charge for things you did not order? I got charged over $800 by Fab Fit Fun and they’re refusing at this moment in time to give me a full refund. There are more details of course. Please email me if you have been screwed over as well. [protected]@gmail.com. I will be hiring attorney come Monday to file a lawsuit against them. I have called over 8 times with no resolution of getting nothing more than an offer of a partial credit again for items I never ordered. Enough is enough. I know for a fact I can’t be the only victim of this but I will be the last.

Desired outcome: Full refund

Read full review of FabFitFun and 1 comment

1 comment
Karinna A.
, US
Aug 31, 2022 2:29 pm EDT

The same thing happened to me. They’re crooks!

9:44 pm EDT

FabFitFun Summer Box

My summer FabFitFun box arrived today - however instead of on the front porch that is covered, where all deliveries get put - it was put around back at the side door that was uncovered. It rained all day long. The box had completed fallen apart and the contents were soaking wet. I reached out and the resolution I received was $10 credited to my account. I sent a photo and a photo of my receipt. Extremely aggravated by the condition my box and then the back and forth with customer service it has made me not want to be a customer and would like to be refunded.

9:36 pm EDT

FabFitFun cancell membership

I have been trying to cancel membership but have not been sble to get confirmation Sarah lempko

[protected]@gmail.com

ps did not receive Spring box

Desired outcome: replace box or refund my money

4:00 pm EDT

FabFitFun My Spring Box

I have not received my Spring box to date...tracking number:

4205634392612927005588000030548208

Desired outcome: I would like a new box mailed out to me please

D
9:55 am EST
FabFitFun has left an official reply on this complaint.

FabFitFun Canceled service, did not receive refund and did not receive box

I canceled service in November immediately after being charged annual subscription fee. I was never reminded of the pending renewal as most legitimate companies do. Upon canceling, customer service promised me a refund, which I never received. I also never received a box for that quarter. I just received a box for the second quarter, full of the worst items- and contacted customer service again and was again promised a refund. Again I did not receive the refund.

Desired outcome: Refund and never send me anything ever again

F
4:10 pm EST

FabFitFun My Box

I received an email from FabFitFun that if I reactivated my account with them I could customize my box & also receive $125.00 in extra goodies. So I paid $200.00 (they make you pay first) then went to pick my products & apparently it was too late to pick. (They failed to mention this part to me) So I paid $200 for stuff that I do not even want. When I called customer service they were HORRIBLE! I was bluntly told too bad and that there was nothing they could do about it. I feel totally scammed

Desired outcome: I would like to pick my items

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

FabFitFun contacts