Extra Space Storagemonthly fee

Aa Oct 02, 2019

I'm writing you today because I was given misinformation when I called your customer service on monday 09/30 to advise I no longer needed the storage unit I currently had which was to big now for what I was storing and I was looking to get a smaller space. I was told at that time there was a smaller unit available the rate would be $33.00 plus insurance and taxes per month and there would be a $10.00 transfer fee which I had no problem with and understood. So that evening I went in to my location and proceeded to explain what I needed and that the customer service person I spoke with had set everything up for me. I was then told ooh no you cant have that $33.00 rate because your an existing customer and that internet rate is only for new customers. I went on to explain well that's not what I told and I wanted the rate I was promised. I was again told sorry you cant have that rate. So i'm writing today because i'm upset I was mislead and misinformed of what my rate would be. While is does not seem like much of a difference and yes its only a $10.00 difference from what I was told I would pay and what i'm paying now, but this is about principle and your company standing behind what I was told I would pay. I have been a loyal customer off and on for several years and always choose your company for all my storage needs. I would like for someone higher up to contact me and make this right. My number is [protected] and my email is [protected]@yahoo.com. My previous unit number was a178 and my new unit number is c440