Expediaworst of all, very rude customer service people!

K

I have recently booked a vacation with expedia. Ca to disney world, figuring that I got a good deal and how hard could it be? Boy was I wrong!! There have been nothing but miscommunication, delayed responses and worst of all very rude customer service people. I have been treated and spoken to by a "customer service person" like I did not have any comprehension of the english language and helping me was a waste of her time. I have lodged an e-mail complaint and have spoken to a manager, only to hear nothing... Not even a sorry.

I have been told different things about my package, i. E... Yes, I have the park passes included, no, you do not. And when you e-mail then about a problem do not be in a hurry to hear back from them if you ever do. It is not that I am a picky person, nor do I need to be coddled, but I don't wish for anything to go wrong with my $4,000.00, week vacation either.

So my advice, be very cautious when booking with expedia... I will never do it again.

Karen.

• Bo
    Bonnie Keyser Sep 11, 2018

I will never book with Expedia again. I bought tickets with travel insurance. Latter stated clearly 100% refundable through Travel Guard. When I had to cancel I found out that the “small print” limited cancellation to medical emergencies. Lesson learned.

• Se
    seasonn Aug 26, 2016

Going to NM in July. Booked plane and car t hrough Priceline Apr 28 and hotels through EX. Four nights at three DIFFERENT hotels. Got confirms and because i had neer had trouble and because we weren't traveling til Ju, i didn't open them immediately. Few days later when i was to print them, I opened them and I had been booked for eleven nights at one hotel, six nights at another and one night (wrong date) at another----ALLl int he wrong month and overlapping.. La quinta and Ex DID refund the six night reserve, but Best West in Taos and Expedia are refusing to refund the 1200.00 I have been billed for the eleven nights . BW says it's up to Ex and Ex says if BW won't budge they won't. There WAS a computer malfunction because the Priceline reserves made at the same time went through just fine, and having done this a lot, I DO know how to make reserves..

• Am
    AmyL177 Aug 15, 2016

We made reservations for a hotel that was supposed to have 2 queen sized beds. We paid $166 expecting that we would have two beds. When we got to the hotel they said our room only had one queen bed. Expedia's code that they used was for a one queen room. After we got back from our trip I called and complained to Expedia. They tried getting out of it by saying that it was some issue with the room description. That isn't my problem, I shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistake. Expedia finally agreed to put a $25 credit on our account. I believe we should have got money off of our room and then some for this inconvenience.

• Sh
    Shishu Yadava Aug 04, 2016

I had booked total 8 flight tickets on 12th june 2014 through expedia.co.th (6 Tickets Itinerary [protected] & 2 Tickets Itinerary [protected]).

I had booked the tickets for fly on 26th december 2014 from Bangkok & return on 28th december 2014 from Phuket. But the flight dates has been changed to 26th November & 28th November respectively from 26th December & 28 December.

I am 100% sure that I had selected 26 December & return 28 December (not 26 November & return 28 November).

If I have done the mistake then please note, a man can commit a mistake once not twice. Addition to this, Whenever I make booking my 18 years old son sits next to me to double check the dates & amount etc. so 2 persons cannot make the same mistakes at a time.

I have booking of Mumbai Bangkok Mumbai from 24 December to 1 January 2015, so how can I book Bangkok Phuket Bangkok on 26 November ???

I am sure, it was 26 December from Bangkok & 28 December from Phuket.

When i contact & lodged a complaint under the case ID [REQ:M-7670329](6) they simply replied -

[Please be informed that any change made to Air Asia Flight, there will be penalty fee and additional charge;however, please contact us via phone regarding this inquiry.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.]

Again i wrote them & request to take this seriously they replied -

[Please be informed that your issue has been escalated to involved higher department.We will get back to you once we receive an update from them.

Once again apologize for the inconvenience caused.]

Again after n numbers of reminders they replied -

[Please be informed that we have check on the system and the system has no errors while you make the reservations. Kindly, refer to the attache files ].

Now after this incident I have google about expedia & I have shocked to see numbers of scams & bad reviews against them.

In the last, today I replied them through mail...

[Hi,

Sorry to say that but it was not pleasure to read your last mail about my case which was not handled properly. I have gone through your attachments & even taken advice from an advocate who practice in Supreme Court in India to look into all the legal aspects before going to take further actions.

This is my humble request that please look into this once again & sort out this matter at this level otherwise I would have no other option left except to escalate this case to DEPARTMENT OF CYBER CRIME IN INDIA.

I have even contacted to private agencies who look after consumer rights in India as well as in US at Aviation Consumer Protection Division where my co passenger & their children stay {whose (incorrect) booking were also there with me in this same itinerary through your site only}.

This is completely your website's fault & this is a case of incorrect booking as I am sure I had booked for 26 December while you booked for 26 November. Even after the completion of booking process I had checked, & it was showing the travel date was 26 December. Then suddenly what happened ??

I was even shocked to see that your site was charging more lesser amount then what the airline (AirAsia) was charging on that particular day. I should have checked before booking about your scams & bad reviews on various sites. Please google about your company scams & reviews.

Still I am looking to sort out this issue in healthy atmosphere otherwise lets see what happens !!

Waiting for your early & sensible reply.

ENDING WITH WARMEST REGARDS

• So
    soopy Jul 20, 2016

My husband and I wanted to use our credit card miles toward our airline tickets and rental car so after I booked our tickets (4 ea)and rental, I called to confirmed within 24 hrs what I saw on our itinerary: "(Mastercard####) Payment $1527.60" as a lump sum charge. The Customer Service Rep told me she couldn't bill the rental car and tickets together, but the ticket prices would be billed on my credit card as one amount. Three days have passed since then so we decided to check on these charges to see if they were posted. We saw they had been listed individually, which meant we will need 240, 000 miles rather than 157, 000 to cover these tickets. We contacted Expedia's Customer Service dept again and were told they apologized for the confusion. The rep said we should have booked our rental & tickets as a "vacation package" for a lump sum billing but there's nothing they can do now but offer a $50 credit to our acct. We recommended they play back the recorded phone conversation from 12/29/09 so they could hear me stressing the importance of having our charges grouped together -- roughly 3x. We requested to speak to a supervisor, who blamed the billing on Delta airlines, stating they are the ones who billed our credit card, even though we did business with Expedia.com.(?) We also asked why didn't the rep suggest to us other ways get our charges billed together so we could make an informed decision within the 24 hrs limit. Expedia said they will make sure to notify all of the reps about this from now on...

Jack Wasilisin Jul 20, 2016

I booked a hotel (Econolodge, Olmstead, Ohio) for 5/17/08 with Expedia ( her name was Corri ? ). I wanted a hotel room for the night with Park & Fly. My itin# was [protected]. I got to the hotel at 6:30 PM to find out I had "no reservation." I said how could I have no reservation when I have an itinerary number. The desk person then said it looks like a JOHN WASILISIN canceled the reservation. I said the only John Wasilisin was my Dad, and he died 15 yrs. ago, and I didn't have this number to cancel myself. I made the reservation the night before. They did have other rooms for this price which I was about to book when I found out they "didn't have any shuttle service for about a year." I called Expedia back and they were no help in finding me something else close. I had to find my own hotel and pay double on what I was supposed to pay.

Man Jul 20, 2016

September 18, 2010 I traveled to Baltimore Maryland from North Carolina to attend a baseball game. When I arrived at my hotel, they did not have my reservation (which I had made through Expedia three week prior). Other people who had booked through Expedia had the same problem. We were told by the hotel employees that Expedia had made no confirmation on reservations because this hotel only allowed a minimum of 2 night reservations for weekends. So needless to say, our hotel had not made the reservations and Expedia did not contact anyone regarding the problem.

I was seven hours away from home, in a city that had BOOKED hotels for that night - with no where to stay.

When I called Expedia, I was put on hold several times before speaking to someone who booked me at another hotel (further away from where I had originally planned to stay).

Yes, I was given a $24.99 credit back to my credit card and given a $100 coupon to use on the website another time. So you might ask, Why am I complaining if I received this refund?... Well the point of the matter, people, is that - at that particular time, I was in a state of panic and coupons didn't exactly make me a happy woman. I will say that I am glad Expedia did reward me money back and a coupon; that was the least they could do. Had Expedia followed through with reservations and had correct protocol about the hotel I was staying at (2-night reservation minimum), I would not have had a problem. There were other hotels that I searched that clearly stated from Expedia that there was a 2-night minimum, but when I booked my hotel, DoubleTree at the Colonade, there was no mention of a 2 night stay minimum. Several people had this problem also.

I had never had a problem with Expedia in the past, and this incident discourages me from using the travel agency in the future. When people make reservations and receive confirmation, they expect everything is taken care of on the other end of the line.

Lesson learned: Do not trust online booking - Double check with the hotel after the reservation has been made.

• Valerie Jul 20, 2016

Purchased tickets in May. In late June Airline canceled flights. Expedia was unable to find me a comparable/compatible replacement and offered me a "full refund" (minus their processing charge). However the "refund" was promised within 1 to 2 MONTHS. Ok, so I'm supposed to carry the charges for up to 2 months and still have to buy new tickets elsewhere? Irritating, and costing me more money, but whatever.

3 months later I realize they have never refunded my money. I call and they tell me that "hmm, that is strange, it was requested, let me put in another request."

I call the credit card company and they have never received a request for refund. I call Expedia a week later to check on the status and the woman tells me that the initial request was never passed on to the correct people. So they essentially lost it.

And now they tell me it will again be "1 to 2 months" before the refund is processed. She explained that it really only takes 7 to 10 days (still a ridiculously long period of time) but that the 1 to 2 months is when it will appear on my statement. Requested expedited service since they have essentially stolen my money, but that seemed to go in one ear and out the other. Its now been about 15 days and my card has not been refunded.

Isn't is simply amazing that they can take my money in a matter of nanoseconds, but it takes them 6 months to return it? Really excellent customer service. I'm not holding my breath this time either.

• Valerie Jul 20, 2016

I booked, through Expedia, a flight to Rome, airfare and hotel included. I also purchase a vacation cancellation package

On April 11, 2008 I was injured in a car accident and suffered four broken bones in my feet I cannot walk very well at this time.

Expedia now tells me that Eurofly does not honour the cancellation voucher and will not issue a credit.

Expedia should not have sold me the insurance. They should have known the policies of the airlines they deal with. What was I insuring against?

Do I have any recourse? I would be happy with a credit to be used at a later date.

• Ve
    veeceeonefive Jul 20, 2016

Note: the following deals solely with international flights - I have no experience or opinion re: Expedia.com for domestic flights, hotels, etc.

Speaking recently with an Expedia manager (I'll call her "K") over the phone, I asked her if she could identify ANY benefit of booking with Expedia versus through the airline directly. Her answer tells you everything you need to know about this business: no. So, should you book your flights through Expedia? Well, take K's word for it.

What can you expect from Expedia.com? Bait and switch pricing, incomplete flight and pricing access, adherence to policies which the airlines themselves don't enforce, and terrible customer service.

First, let's talk bait and switch. I had called to move up a flight, as unforeseen family obligations required us to travel sooner than expected. When I first called I spoke with an agent who quoted me a reasonable price for the change, one which reflected the fares and change fees on the airline's website (let's say $2000). She didn't say anything about the price being an "estimate, " nor did she state that the price was contingent, conditional, etc. I said hey, go ahead.

She put me on hold for ten to fifteen minutes (a sure sign of trouble), and then returned to tell me that she was transferring me to a "supervisor" with no further explanation. The supervisor confirmed the flight numbers, locations, and times, and then said he had to check something. I was put on hold again for five minutes, so by this point I knew something was up. Sure enough, the supervisor came back on to tell me that the price had increased by approximately 50% (so it's now $3000). The supervisor told me that the original price was no longer available, and that the airline must have adjusted the pricing between the beginning of the call and the processing of the transaction.

In other words, Expedia.com offered a price, I accepted, and then that price was revoked. The supervisor's justification for advertising a price which Expedia.com neither intended nor was capable of fulfilling: Expedia doesn't control flight pricing. This brings us to the second issue - if Expedia.com has no control over the price, then aren't you better off booking through the airline? The answer is a resounding YES. The flight I wanted was available for the lesser price on the airline's website, though NOT through Expedia.com. Further, there were other even less expensive (though also less timely) options which were either unavailable on Expedia.com or far more expensive on the site.

So, if you want to see only a limited subset of flights which may cost significantly more than they would elsewhere, Expedia.com is for you.

As the supervisor offered nothing to remedy the bait and switch I mentioned above, I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to K, who claimed to be equally powerless. Fine. I asked her to cancel that itinerary (and booked a new one directly through the airline as she did so) - no problem. Not wanting to give Expedia.com any more of my business, I also asked her to cancel a separate four-flight itinerary, so that I could have a clean break with these folks. Here's where the third concern comes to light: as with prices, Expedia.com also does not control the refund procedures applicable to flights booked through its service.

Thus, K told me that this flight was non-refundable, as for some reason it "belonged" (her words) to one of the two airlines involved in the trip - conveniently, the one with a more stringent refund policy (we'll call it "C").

Oddly, there was only one flight with C on this itinerary, and it was not the first flight nor the longest. Even more oddly, I had reason to inquire with both C and the other airline on this itinerary concerning the possibility of refunds/changes, as I feared that family obligations would interfere with these flights as well. Representatives told me that as I had booked through Expedia.com they could not issue a refund to me, but that if I had booked directly through them, I would have received a total refund less a nominal fee (around $100). Oddest, perhaps, is that K insisted that was acting in accordance with C's policy, despite that C itself indicated that the ticket was indeed refundable.

To justify this position, K contended that Expedia.com was bound by airline policy, with which she could not interfere. So, Expedia.com doesn't control price or policy - what exactly are you buying, then? Other than poor customer service, which is the golden thread running through this whole episode. An hour and thirty eight minutes on the phone, the only thing they ever told me was how the airlines dictated the process, so they couldn't help me. Well, that sounds like an awesome reason for me to deal with the airlines directly in future, right?

tl;dr airlines can give you more complete access to their flights, will often have better pricing, and in my experience have less rigid refund policies. And, if airlines offer you a price, they're no less likely to honour it than Expedia.com. So take K's word for it: you have nothing to gain by booking through these folks. Cut out the middle man: don't book through Expedia.com.

• Valerie Jul 20, 2016

I purchased a plane ticket from expedia for 763.00 to fly from Pensacola, Fl to Little Rock, Arkansas. It was a round trip ticket. I didn’t check in with the delta clerks 30 mins before *** so they marked me as a "no show". Delta told me to call expedia, who I booked my flight through and see what they could do. I called and dealt with an overly attitude stricken women for her to tell me there was nothing she can do for me. I asked to speak to her supervisor, I did so to be told it was MY FAULT. I simply asked if I pay 700.00 out of pocket to fly to Arkansas can I use the ticket I booked through expedia to get back to Fl. Nope sorry, your entire ticket is VOID. As a person who makes minimum wage 763.00 is a lot of money. I ended up having to drive 700 miles one way to get to Arkansas and 700 miles back. I will NEVER book through expedia again and recommend any person who doesn’t feel like flushing 800 dollars down the toilet do so either.

• Valerie Jul 20, 2016

I booked a trip through Expedia that included a hotel stay at a Westin. The policy when I booked the flight on my printout stated cancel by 5/19 at 4 pm EST without penalty.

On 5/19 at 10 am EST I called to cancel and was advised that the date to cancel was 5/18 now and that I was due to pay the whole hotel cost. I went back and pulled the interval electronically and the date had changed to the 18th even though my printout says the 19th. They deny anything changed.

I paid 640 for nothing.

• Dd
    D. Dixon Jul 20, 2016

Travelocity is no better. I was on hold for 11 hours (yes, 11, that's not a typo) to cancel our trip because the information I was being given was not correct. In short, our flight was changed three times so that we were leaving 8 hours later than originally booked and the hotel pool was still closed 2 months after Travelocity's website was saying it would be opened. I had to get VISA to call with me and demand the refund in writing.

• Ji
    Jill Altman Jul 20, 2016

I encourage you to NEVER AGAIN use Expedia.com

I recently booked travel for a freelancer of mine and had to change his flight. When I booked the information Expedia.com did not recognize my account log-in information, and I was in a hurry and the system gave me the option to book it without being logged in, so I did. I booked it in his name, but gave my email address, phone number, American Express card and billing information for the ticket. The itenerary was sent to me. I had the correct booking information on the receipt. But, just now when I called to change his return flight they would not let me do it. They said that they had to speak to the ticket holder - for security reasons. And, since it was not booked via an Expedia.com account they would not allow me to change it. They tried to contact the freelancer, but his phone was busy. So now he has to call back in to give them permission to change it. But the kicker is that he is allowed to re-book himself using MY credit card. Apparently there is no security concerns around potentially stealing a credit card! The worst part is that when it was booked the system asked if it was for business or personal travel. At that point it should have allowed me to enter alternate contacts, if security is such a primary concern, right?

Anyway, with all of the other travel booking services out there, I implore you to please use Travelocity, Orbitz or Kayak. Why put up with this B.S. customer service if you don't have to? I know that I won't any more.

• Va
    Valentin Jun 21, 2016

Everytime I called the customer service I was put on hold for long periods of time. Whenever I got to an agent they say I have come to the wrong department and put me on hold to transfer to another department. No answers it there after. They are very very inconsiderate of customer's time and call costs. In short it is INCONSIDERATE & RUBBISH. I guess they just don't want people to cancel their booking and so they do this. I will avoid booking through this website again and will advice anyone against using their service!!! No listens to customer's frustration in Expedia.

Rex Nipper Jun 14, 2016

Booked two rooms through Expedia to stay in Estes Park Colorado. Called the hotel with questions and they said that they didn't have any rooms and that their systems didn't work with Expedia. Asked if I could cancel, but was told they would have to get back to me. Called Expedia and cancelled. Expedia said they would charge me half the room rate plus 50.00 per room. This is even though the hotel had a zero charge cancellation fee.

• Valerie Jun 09, 2016

I was given a price for a flight, when we went to actually book the price had gone up a bit, about $15. I stated that it was OK and gave the phone to my wife and I went to bed. (Had not gotten much sleep and it was late.) The next day when checking my email I found that the salesperson had updated the price AGAIN for OVER $100! Then to make matters worse another email was sent stating that the flights had never been confirmed so I had NO flight booked. Wow how can they treat customers like that.

• Valerie Jun 08, 2016

Reserved hotel in Atlanta, GA highly recommended by the phone attendant. When I arrived there with my kids and family, the motel was a dump, with prostitutes on the parking lot and a bunch of drunks. The place was nasty, unsafe and very dangerous. Expedia could not find a replacement and refuses to give a refund. Claims did not know the motel conditions beforehand, but as I looked later on their site everyone else before me had the same experience and even got their tires flatten there. Still trying to get a refund! Expedia was not apologetic and lied to us.

• Di
    dirk amara Mar 16, 2016

in the fine print, expedia booked my flight at a time that was impossible. I booked at a time that was appropriate, and the fine print said that in fact they book randomly! When I discovered this, they said it was too late(.after waiting on hold for 2 hours) and said tough luck) It was sickening

Reviewer92260 Mar 02, 2016

Trying to book flights through Expedia the cost would have been over $1, 000 per ticket to Budapest, Hungary. Flights were also not as convenient. When I went off site, directly to the airline I saved over $400 per ticket and got the itinerary I wanted. Now I wonder how much money I have wasted in the past booking through Expedia.

Reviewer86271 Mar 01, 2016

Flight Dec 27th 2015 was canceled due to weather. We sat at the airport for over 5 hours and even called from the airport to make sure Expedia understood that it was canceled by the airlines not us. The rep said we would get all our money back. I called customer service 6 times to find out about refund. Every time I called they disconnected me after holding for hours. I will never use Expedia again. They act like they are transferring you but just hang up.

• Di
    Digicat Mar 07, 2015

I had a return ticket from Norway to Angola and I needed to change the return date. I had paid $500 extra for the ticket so that it was changeable for a fee. After calling Expedia for 4 days in a row being on the phone with them for 1 hour at the time to try to change the ticket theytold me "sorry" it can not be done even though it was written on the ticket that it was changeable. In the end I had to buy a new ticket costing me $ 2000. The "we are so sorry" from Expedia is really offensive since in the end it was I as a customer that took a huge loss and the cost for Expedia was zero. I WILL NEVER BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN!!!

• Ke
    Keith Sales Jul 15, 2014

Asked Expedia for a specific dated itinerary from Manchester UK to Minneapolis USA return, with the return flights in the afternoon. They provided one at a 'Special Fare'. I phoned to book and they wanted very much more, couple of hundred £'s or so more. I argued but they wouldn't budge so I hung up and booked it online - No problem with that! I got the 'Special fare'.The first return Domestic flight gave me a connection period of just 48 minutes, to change terminals at Atlanta where the Domestic terminal is apparently 1 mile from the International terminal and I didn't think that enough for a 77 year old fella, plus the need to go through TSA again so I wrote to the carrier, Air France, who said it was definitely not enough time and I should contact Expedia to change the Dometic flight.I emailed Expedia who replied that they wanted to see the Air France reply and even then there would be an unspecified charge. I forwarded the Air France email, saying that I expected not to pay a charge and they replied to me to 'phone Support. I did and they said they would change the flight but there would be an unspecified charge. I argued this and said if I had to pay I would pay under protest and then do a chargeback on the Credit card as it was their fault as my agent. More argument and then they capitulated and did it FREE!So, the recommendation is to pay by credit card, it cost no more, and then if there are problems threaten a chargeback! I think that was the only reason they gave in. I won't be using them again ever.

• Ni
    Nicola Archibald Jun 18, 2014

I too, will never use Expedia again to book my travel. I am on the road, things are changing quickly. I can't manage by booking from my account and so phoned in for some support. I need to reduce the hotel stay by one day and add another person. I was asked a security question and when I couldn't answer it, the person on the end of the line said she could help me and hung up on me. If this occurs with my bank, they have a long list of questions they can ask to verify I am who I say I am. I have never had them terminate the conversation. The lady was rude and extremely unhelpful. She must not travel. It is past midnight and I am trying to make arrangements to get my team from Vancouver to Calgary with very short notice. The last thing I needed was a rude and absolutely useless customer support agent. If you designed your website properly so that I could make changes I wouldn't have to deal with the rude people at the end of the phone. I am on-site at a client's office this week and will be again next week. So far this week, I have not hung on them once or told them I couldn't help them. I plan on sharing this with anyone and everyone I can think of and posting it online. That type of service is just not acceptable. From the posts on this page it is obvious no one cares.

• Ot
    Ottawa613 Mar 31, 2014

I called Expedia this morning to use my non-refundable credit towards a flight. I get connected to a Cairo Egypt Expedia Representative who books me a flight to Washington DC instead of Washington Seattle. Here is how I found out that this is a mistake. I go into my RBC VISA online and check if I was charged right away after the first phone call. Guess what? AirCanada charges my card right away. An hour later, I get a phone call from the Expedia Representative again asking me for my VISA information. I said to her that I have been booking flights from Expedia all the time and this is very strange to get a phone call asking for my credit information AGAIN. She said that it wasn't charged and luckly I checked and said no it was. She then says no it won't go through unless you supply me with your information again because the flight company needs to see that information. I then got irritated and asked her to cancel my flight. I called RBC to reverse the charges and RBC asked for a cancellation code. I called and got a cancellation code from Expedia to supply RBC with the necessary code to reverse the charges. I call AirCanada to complain and they put me on hold for close to an hour and still on hold...guess what??? while I am on hold I am reviewing the itinerary and it says Washington DC. The moral of this story is two fold 1) Don't every order from Expedia again 2) Read your itinerary and ensure that whoever you talked to actually booked you the right place. Thank God this happened now before I went to the airport and was in another state!!!...the rest of the story to follow - stay tuned after I get throught to talk to the AirCanada Representative.

• Lu
    Luis34 Feb 12, 2014

I had the same problem that almost all people out there I did a reservation for 3 tickets for 3600 dollars, when I wanted to change it hey wanted to charge me almost the same amount, when I reject that position they react violently by telephone and hung up. I call almost all days during 2 weeks with no answer at all neither from agent nor supervisor, I decided to cancel to receive my partial refund, but they never refund me, they stole all this money all complete the partial refund I got nothing at all. The worst company ever in Internet for tickets, I will never use it again really robbers

• Ab
    abdul halim Jun 29, 2013

I have one of the worst experience with expedia, their customer service really suck. you don't get any sort of help at all. I booked hotel in toronto for four night. when I reached there, there was no reservation under my name, and after awhile when the hotel found it, they said the reservation starts from the next day. when I called expedia, my impression was that they were willing to resolve the problem, but I was dead wrong. they disconnected phone on me 4 times when they realized that it was their mistake. I tried to talk to the supervisor, and I was put on hold for 30 mins each time. finally, when I thought that they fixed the problem, I got an email from expedia in which they had charged me almost double. When I finally end up talking to the supervisor, she was more willing to cancel the reservation and charge me cancellation fee than resolving the matter. I will never ever book anything on expdia again. its a big company but their customer service really sucks.

• Mi
    Mike Nichol May 09, 2013

These people are just disreputable, every problem that arises is your fault and their standard mode of customer care is to treat you like crap, then put you on hold for hours on end till you go away.

• Om
    Omnia Jan 23, 2013

I have spent my whole day today waiting and waiting on Expedia.ca phone service to talk to someone who could help me change a misspell on my flight ticket. I had to make 5 calls and one of the phone representative really shocked me today, she called herself Omnia, this girl was so upbeat and fast on what she was saying and at first she sounded very professional and smart. However when she came back from a long hold where she has called the airline company to address my issue, she just told me with a flat voice that their is nothing that she could do and that she could not change the misspell, I asked her to explain what would that mean and she repeated the same sentence, I was startled how robotic she sounded, like she was programmed to make sound. I tried to reason with her and asked if that meant I will lose my ticket and my travel, she just said yes that is right. I could not get upset with Omnia because she sounded like she was dead inside, and her monotonic voice was just like a tape repeating words till the person who calls gives up. I was more shocked that all she had to do was to transfer me to a supervisor, instead she told me that I should just lose my money and just walk away. I really feel the company should not put a person who has no compassion or feeling to represent themselves BUT if this is their tactic to make customer suffer financial for having chosen their company, . I will say that the lesson was learned, I will use another flight agency next time.

• Sc
    scott52ll Jul 29, 2012

I've never been to Marco Island before and heard great things about it so I went to Expedias website and looked up Hotels and found a moderate priced one called; Beach Club of Marco. We took a cab from the Airport as we planned on just lying around the beach and pool. Much to my surprise this is a condo. There was no toilet paper, no changing of towels or linen and the nearest store/restaurant is at least a half mile away. I feel duped. When I called Expedia to complain (3 times) i was placed on hold for over a half hour each time and then transferred to the condo. I finally spoke to a supervisor who said that condos and hotels are lumped together and I needed to read the fine print...I WANT MY MONEY BACK EXPEDIA!

• Lh
    LHoward Jul 19, 2012

We booked a room in a specialty hotel and later received an email stating that the room was not available. We were given several different reasons for this by several different Expedia representatives--all of which placed the blame on the hotel. My husband had several phone calls to Expedia . He was told that they would contact the hotel and get back to him. When no one did we called again ---- no help, so we canceled reservation only to find out our refund would not be forthcoming until maybe a few weeks,
    The next day I went back to Expedia.com and found that they were selling rooms at the same hotel for a higher price! We were told that they had no other rooms. When I called Expedia, they of course said that the hotel was to blame because the hotel controlled the posting. So I called the hotel. The hotel staff, at the Delta Queen in Chattanooga, said that "every weekend" they have this same problem with Expedia selling room that are not available. They also denied any electrical problems or computer problems-- two of Expedia's reasons for our cancellation. They assured me that they do not have the power to remove an Expedia posting. They expressed regret at ever entering into a contract with Expedia.

• Je
    Jerry Bennion Jul 15, 2012

I purchased cancellation insurance with Expedia, and when I tried to get a refund, was told that I needed to contact the insurance company to find out the Policy on refunds with DElta Airline, and that I probably would have to settle for Airline Credit When I called Expedia and asked about this, I was told that I SHOULD HAVE READ MORE, and that the insurance only applies under certain and very specific instances. WHAT A RIP OFF. I ADVISE PEOPLE NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH EXPEDIA.

• Ju
    Julie Coleman Jul 02, 2012

I Flippin Hate Expedias LACK OF Customer service. Changed my flight thru their rep over phone.. we get to airport.. NO flight for me..spent 2.5 hrs on phone with Expedia while at counter, missed flight.. Had to arrive at destination hours after business partner ..Theeen, coming home the same Expedia joker didnt have a flight back for business partner we had itinerary, apparently he still mess it up ! Another over 2 hrs on phone While holding up Long line.. other expences occured due to mess as well. Their solution after 3 hrs on the phone??? $200 voucher

• Ne
    Nele99999 Jun 23, 2012

You can forget about Expedia`s best price guarantee. If you think you get the best price on Expedia, stop in your tracks! I was charged $240 by Expedia for a hotel room in Ohio, only to find out that the hotel would offered me that same room for $170. When I called to get the best price as promised by the best price guarantee, they did not refund as promised. Lesson: NEVER book through Expedia before you have checked with the hotel directly if they offer the room directly to you for less! Same goes for airline tickets. Expedia is nothing more for you than a waste of money.

andi.is May 30, 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Michigan for our family of 4. We stayed at a Hampton Inn booked through Expedia and when we checked out after a one night stay, there was a difference of almost 50% less than what we were charged by Expedia on the receipt. When I called Expedia their only answer was that the hotel should not have given a copy of that receipt to us and they would not refund the difference. While I understand that Expedia does need to make a profit, I think that 50% is unacceptable and becasue of their refusal to refund a portion of the difference, I will never book through them again. Unbelievable.

Andrea

• Ki
    KimBjor Apr 24, 2012

We just has the same thing happen, we bought tickets to Europe, we were not able to go 2011, I went to rebook April 13th 2012 and when I called I was told they had expired. I freaked out!!! Same thing we were told ad you. and we lose over 3000.00
    What can we do about this?? My expiry was April 9th I was 4 friggin days late, and was NOT aware I was even late.
    Very angry

Angry as I have to be Mar 06, 2012

Phone service stated that I had "one year to fly" when recording a cancelled flight. Expedia reports that "their notes" say I was told that I have "one year from the original booking date to rebook." I asked them to review the recording of the transaction and they told me that the recording was for internal use only and that they would not go to the recording unless a court ordered them to do so. The Supervisor "Chloe" lacked a full mastry of the english language (which is no biggie) but also lacked a sense of logic -- insisting that their records were accurate and that I could not possibly have been misinformed (unless I had evidence to prove that I was given the wrong information ... which they will not check themselves). How convenient ! Itin: [protected] I can kiss that $550 goodbye.

• Ko
    koala Dec 19, 2011

In May we booked our flights to Italy through Expedia.com. When the time came for us to get on our connecting flights, we were told they were non-existant! IWe were outraged. We had to got back and search through Expedia.com and then we found out that our flights had been cancelled in June! The dates of our flights were in September. During all that in between time, Expedia.com never once notified us that our flights had been cancelled!

We spent over 3 days and 9 hours on the phone with their customer service, who were absolutely no help at all! Over and over again we were disconnected (or they hung up on us). They offered us no answers and didn’t seem to care at all! We lost so much money, not only on the tickets but on hotels and phone calls to their customer service. We had to figure out how to get home ourselves, losing more money in the process. This was supposed to be an amazing trip, instead it it was a horrible disappointment!

Next time we will book directly with a travel agent or the airline. Don’t waste your time and money trying to save a couple hundred dollars with Expedia! You won’t! This has been the worst experience with a business we have ever had!

• Un
    Unhappy234 Nov 15, 2011

I was put on hold for 50 minutes this evening on the telephone. I eventually realized that the person I was talking to had no intention of coming back to me with any answers. This experience will cause me to never book through expedia, and I will share my sentiments with anyone I come across who is booking a holiday.

• Hi
    Hifler Sep 26, 2011

We began booking a hotel in SC. We opted for the "Hotwire"-type deal where you don't know what exact hotel you'll get but you're told how many stars and the location. The first rate we were given was $65. The site wouldn't process the request and we had to start over. Then, the price increased to $75 at a 3-star hotel. After booking, we were assigned a hotel in a different location and the hotel that we were assigned does not even have any stars assigned to it on Expedia's own site. We called immediately to complain and they said there was nothing they could do about it. And, the customer service rep - Leonard - would not even provide us with his last name. I would strongly recommend against using Expedia --- false advertising and about the worst customer service I've ever experienced.