Exotic MotorsRipped off by Exotic Motors!

I purchased a 2004 Mercedes Benz Model CL55 from Exotic Motors of Rolling Meadows IL on 5/7/2009 I saw the vehicle listed on the seller’s website (exotic-motors.com) as well as Ebay. The vehicle was advertised as having excellent Paint, excellent Exterior and excellent Trim. I checked the Carfax report on this vehicle and noticed there was an accident reported in 2008. Prior to purchasing, I called and spoke to the sales manager “Rick” and he explained that the car was in a very minor accident and only the front bumper was scratched. He then explained that the previous owner decided to replace the entire bumper assembly rather than have it repaired. He told me the car was in excellent condition with no scratches and no body work repair. TOTAL BS!! I received the vehicle to my home in Las Vegas, NV on 5/24. I could not believe how bad I was lied to. There was multiple scratches and damage to the vehicle. The front bumper was never replaced as Rick explained, it did however have scratches and gouges in the paint and trim on the driver’s side. The lower body panel on the driver’s side also was repainted which is evident by a very poor body work job that has “drips” due to over concentration of paint. There are multiple deep scratches all over the vehicle. The driver who delivered the car (hired by Exotic Motors) confirmed all the damage was present when he picked it up in Illinois. He made sure Exotic Motors initialed all the damage. Lots of other problems with the car like suspension issues and interior problems. I have called over a dozen times in the last week attempting to speak with Rick or anyone at Exotic Motors who would discuss this situation with me. Nobody will take my call, or call me back. It is going to cost me over $4000 to get the vehicle fixed properly. THESE GUYS ARE VERY SHADY, COMPLETELY DISHONEST CROOKS! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, TRUST ME YOU WILL REGRET IT.

• Mi
    minivanmom Sep 21, 2009

Did you have an inspection done prior to purchasing?
    Carchex charges around $100 or Exotic Motors will even take your car to anyone you like to have it inspected within their area...on your dime of course.

I just picked up a Toyota Sienna (flew to Chicago and drove it home). Had a great experience with their staff and drove away with one heck of a good deal. It's a beautiful automobile at a price that I'd never find where I live now. The staff was friendly, courteous and patient. I'd definitely recommend them.

• Vj
    V. Johnson Oct 17, 2009

I'm just curious if you bought the car in the last few months why does Exotic Motors ebay satisfaction rating not mentioned. Did you not make a complaint with ebay on this purchase?

• Vj
    V. Johnson Oct 17, 2009

I have noticed a couple of complaints about this dealer and it makes me very leary to deal with them from such a great distance if other people have had problems such as yourself. My suggestion is that you go to the approval ratings on Ebay for Exotic Motors and post your complaint because it is showing nothing but positive feedback.

• Ka
    kamaii Oct 19, 2009

Hello.

I bought a Maserati Spyder from a rip off dealer in San Diego named El Cowboy Auto Sales. The car was also inspectionned by Carchex and according to both dealer and the carchex report, the car was almost as new.

I recieved it here in Europe and the costs to have it fixed are over USD 20'000.00. It was the first and the last time I buy a car in the USA. Suspension completely damaged, frame damaged, the exhaust wasn't complete, engine light was on and a lot of other problems.

Can anyone tell me what I could do?

Joseph John Oct 20, 2009

To V Johnson
    Just to make you aware of how guys like this operate when they receive BAD ratings on Ebay. They will search out negative posting member and have a Bad ratings entered against them, then offer to withdraw bad rating in exchange for same/reciprical action on their part. In my opinion Shady operators like these guys should be barred from ebay. But, being a capitalistic society, everyone wants a share of the pie and it would seem ebay is just another oganization in that rat race. So be careful people, do your homework before closing any deal.

• M3
    M3-e46 Dec 23, 2009

Good thing i found this thread...i was about to purchase a car from them that according to carfax was in an accident. I too talked to Rick and he seemed great to deal with, but i have a feeling that as soon as i pay them, i'll never hear from them again.

chayya Jun 23, 2010

I purchased a used Hyundai XG350L from their delarhip from sales rep. Sagar. Great guy... The car is great. I have it for 5 months... I have no issues with the vehicle. Exotic-Motors was great, professional... The whole transcation was smooth...I strongly recommend Exotic-Motors for my second car...

• Ra
    Rachelmc1126 Sep 25, 2010

Bought a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T with 89K miles on it, one owner- "a nice older lady who treated the car well, " clean carfax. 40 miles into my trip the car overheated, died, smoke rolling out from under the hood. $1400 and a new head gasket later, the car still has issues. Trusted mechanic says engine was missing bolts, etc when he took it apart. Only fix is new/rebuilt engine. Currently trying to get a lemon law case filed against them.

• Wi
    William Hammone Jan 29, 2011

You guys type too much.
    They suck period

Joseph John Jan 29, 2011

I posted very negative comments on this firm last Oct. and suggested E Bay should pull their Ads. What has to be done ??

• Cr
    Cronenberg May 31, 2011

So, you're complaining because you failed to do the research yourself? It's your own fault for not inspecting the car yourself before buying it. Blame yourself.

Joseph John Jun 01, 2011

Hey Cronenburg. Have you heard of the word HONEST. These guys are shoddy to say the least. Glad to see good ones get sold now and then. A GOOD organization takes care of the Bad deals as the GOOD ones should be the Norm and negative threads like we see here would be almost non existant.

• Fe
    fellow_canadian Jun 05, 2011

Please get in touch with the attorney who has successfully sued Exotic motors in the past:

Their website is http://www.chicagolemonlaw.com/

• Mi
    MicahZ Aug 28, 2012

I purchased a GTR and it showed up with a broken caliper, dirty and with higher miles than was attested to. Unbelievable. Rick and his crew are refusing to reimburse me for over $2400 in repairs. I am seeking reimbursement from the authorities. Micah Zimmerman

• Be
    Beverly Hills Girl Aug 28, 2012

Shades of Banner mattress.!!!
    Once you buy and drive off...Exotic Motors is through with you.
    Banner Mattress makes defective beds and then has a female owner you may have seen on TV who's voice mail states ".Pease do not leave a message'
    As many compalints as I have read about Exotic Motors..why don't you all get together and do something.!
    Call your local TV station and tell your story.!
    It works wonders.
    Palm Springs has KMIR and they do that.
    Advertise everywhere you can about this company.
    I think with all the complaints I have read about Banner Mattress.they should all... 63 people ...go down there in the morning to greet them when they come to open and...bring your mattress.!!!

• St
    Stole Deposit Nov 02, 2012

Anything you see posted that is positive regarding Exotic Motors was probaly posted by them.

• Eu
    Eurovan Apr 24, 2013

March 12, 2003 purchased a 2003 VW Eurovan from Exotic Motors, did all the paperwork and drove back to Arkansas (11 hour drive). The vehicle works fine, problem is Exotic Motors refuses to send the necessary funds down to the Arkansas DMV so that I can register the vehicle ($1210.84) they collected $1427.01 from me at closing to cover these costs. After many calls they said they sent the check and that the DMV had lost it. That story changed and Rick Ghous the business manager called to say that everything was worked out and the check would be overnighted to the DMV.. all LIES!!
    At the time of this posting I am still waiting, the temporary tags have expired. (Day 47)
    Its amazing that the American Consumer can be OPENLY preyed upon by people of this sort and allowed to continue to operate and prey on more people without some sort of City or State intervention.

saaaaaa Nov 15, 2016

Where to begin... Let's start off with the fact that I am located in Seattle, WA and I baught a 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 3 from Exotic Motors about 3 months ago. Now, before anyone tries to claim that this is a "fake" review I can provide any form of proof including my purchase agreement from Exotic Motors. So do not believe them when they say the competition is trying to make them look bad. Exotic motors does enought to make themselves look bad.

I was helped by 3 individuals... Ali, Shawn, and their so called manager, Rick. I was told many false statements regardling the car I was buying. Things like, "The car is as good as new", "The car has no scratches and no flaws", "We have ensured to replace anything that needs to be replaced"... That and many more "sales statements" that all turned out to be a... you guessed it, LIE!!!

Flaws (please read):
    I payed $1000 for just the delivery of the car and not only did the delivery of the vehicle take an EXTRA week and a half to be delivered but it also came filthy, inside and out. Mud stains and dirt all over the interior, and the exterior looked like someone went drifting in mud. There were scratches on the exterior of the car and interior. The tires were as BALD as Mr. Clean and needed immediate replacement which cost me an extra $2, 000 out of pocket. After a month of driving the car, A MAJOR ALERT of a faulty air bag came on the BMW dash EVERYTIME I started the car (quite embarressing). The gas cap wire was also cut and needed to be replaced. The exterior lining of the windshield and moon roof was peeling and looks horrible. The backseat belt covers were missing (not sure what they are called. Also, the drivers all weather floor matt was missing. They also LIED about the features of the car, stating that there was bluetooth audio playback for music and THERE WAS NOT. Oh and to top it off, GUESS WHAT?? the whole car had an ILLEGAL tint that I have already got a ticket for here in Washington. NONE OF THIS INFORMATION WAS GIVEN TO ME IN ADVANCE even though I asked about EVERY POSSIBLE significant detail of the car.

Communication:
    Now let's talk about their communication, I tried to reach out MULTIPLE times with Ali, Shawn, and Rick. Each tried to pass me to the other like I was a hot potato. Ali ended up leaving the company and I was promised that, Rick, the manager would reach out to me to make things right... WELL GUESS WHAT... NO ONE EVER REACHED OUT and I was once again fed lies.

I can go on and on about the horrible experience but I am making sure to leave this review in AS MANY places as possible. DO NOT go to this dealership. DO NOT buy from hem. You will be lied to. TELL YOUR FRIENDS FAMILY AND ANYONE ELSE TO STAY AWAY FROM EXOTIC MOTORS!