Everglades Universityfinancial billing fraud

T Review updated:

I started attending Everglades University in May of 2010 with the hopes of receiving a bachelors degree in Alternative Medicine. The program started well but soon after I started to receive charges from the school's financial department for changes in educational fees to miscellaneous charges and fees. Soon, I became unable to continue with the courses because I am a single mother and my children need me first and foremost and I decided discontinue my enrollment at the school. At that time, I informed the administrators of the school and requested, by phone, a copy of my records so I could prepare a plan to pay them back for overdue charges. On October 1st, 2012, I signed and faxed a statement signed by myself and an official "online" signature by Debora Medici, University Registrar for the Online Division with Everglades University for the amount of $1257.00 as well as an official withdrawal letter. I received a phone call stating that the office had obtained my letter and forms and they wished me well. On February 22, 2013, I received an email from Pamela Peterson with the Bursar's Office, stating that my outstanding fee was $3309.45 and this was forwarded to me after I had made plans to begin a payment plan to begin diminishing the original charge of $1257.00. Let me add that this letter was signed by an "N. Davis", a person whom I've never spoken to or done any business with regarding my schooling there. On that same day, I got yet ANOTHER email from Pamela Peterson of the Bursar's Office, for a Ms. Muhummad(clearly not me) for $4400.58. Today I called the school after struggling to reach them for months by leaving phone messages and emails, none of them returned in a timely fashion, and after a 30 min. phone conversation with Tina Huelsman of the Online Bursar's Department, I still have not reached a resolve. She claims that I was sent a letter on November 19, 2012 with an 8 page itemized statement, stating that I now owed the school a total of $4602.00 and now have an outstanding balance of $5593.45! Every time I make an attempt to contact the school in regards to my situation the totals of what I owe for the months that I attended Everglades University has changed. Let me also mention that I have been receiving phone calls from FMS - Financial Management Services and when they call, I am told I owe a total of somewhere along the lines of $3300.00. There is something truly misinforming about this situation and I am making a complaint here and with the Better Business Bureau as well as the U.S. Department of Education in regards to this matter. I want to be done with Everglades University for good but I WILL NOT be swindled out of my hard earned finances to pay for a poorly contrived educational program. I am highly disappointed in the lack of customer service and general care for their students and their well being. I suggest that anyone looking to study with this school, turn and run in the opposite direction as you will most certainly be swindled too!

• Tg
    Tgru Jun 23, 2021

I began attending in 2009 and have a similar experience. I regret ever attending everglades university. Now i just have a lot of financial federal debt to show for my education there with no degree.

• Gw
    gwynnmadelyn Oct 31, 2019

Did you ever get your issue resolved? They did the same thing to me and I need transcripts to start college somewhere else. They are refusing to give them to me. I took TWO CLASSES and they are saying I owe them $8000, they lied to me about student loans, would not unenroll me when I asked numerous times. I was in an abusive relationship and had to live in my car and they said I didn't qualify to drop out. wtf???? ALSO had the audacity to drop my debt if I would reenroll and finish my degree with them. I would NEVER!!! They are disgusting.

• Tr
    TrulyDissatisfied Jul 10, 2014

I am also going through the same thing with that place they call a "school". I withdrew because of all the charges and now they are telling me I owed them 4000 dollars for two courses I did not even take. Their other explanation is that they had to return all the financial aid back to the board of education so now they need to charge me that money. Everglades is the only place that charges students money that had to be returned to the board of education. Greedy much? Did anybody find a way to solve this issue with this "university"?