Europcar — damage surcharge
I normally hire with Hertz. This time I hired a compact car (Vauxhall Meriva) with Europcar. A very big mistake.
The car was used to make short local trips for 3 days. It was not involved in any accident or any other incident, and had no damage of any kind - not even the slightest scratch - when I left it at Glasgow Airport. Although Europcar was supposed to be open until 7pm, there was nobody to check the car when I returned it at 7.01pm.
Today I received an email with an invoice detailing the rental charge and a 'damage surcharge' of 65.00. But there was absolutely no damage to the car. I will instruct my credit card company not to pay this totally unwarranted charge and will warn all my friends and colleagues not to rent with this company. Don't rent with them!
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- EC Vehicle Rental - unrecognised transaction
- Europcar - fraud and cheating!
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle!
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- EC vehicle rental Watford - Unrequested hire charge
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019
- Europcar International - refund