Resolved ESBIFraud

Just received my verizon phone bill with charge for 13.60 for voice mail service from esbi who is this how can they put charges on my phone when I don’t know who they are and have never received service from them this is fraud, fraud, fraud. How can a company keep billing for this two months ago it was another company for the same thing the same amount and verizon was suppose to put a block on for misc charges but here we go again just a different name now wonder poor ppl are poor and rich ppl are rich how do they do this.

• Su
    susan jaques Jul 24, 2008

I got charged voicemail also for $12.95 and charged for internet listing. I did not agree to either and they are buried on page 23 of 24 in my bill. Gone on over a year!

• Gl
    Glen Parker Jul 24, 2008

I spent six hours going though every browser history for the last month after getting a $12.95 extra charge on today's phone bill. It didn't take long to find scores of other people with stories like mine. The FTC filed a complaint against this company in 2001 got them to refund $350, 000 in ill gotten gains. 7 years later and ESBI is at it again. They say I signed up for a Fax service. Why would I do this when I fax things with no problem any way.
    I am sure they are doing this, hoping nobody will notice. I have a agreement with Vorizen to not get any third party charges. ESBI has found a way to get around these details. They think it is easy money!

• Bo
    Bonnie Allen Aug 12, 2008

They got me too - - this company is a SCAM...they told me that they must have typed an incorrect phone number and that's how my account got switched...federal/state regulation should be 3rd party verification on all telecommunications services

• Le
    leon maddox Sep 21, 2008

just received ATT bill and was charged 29.90 for some service from esbi that I don't even know what it is for . I went on browser for esbi and e-mailed them a little note about what they could do with their bill and that I would have my ATT service disconnected and that they could go to hell.

• Br
    Bruce Oct 17, 2008

I was charged on my AT&T phone bill $15.70 for email service from ESBI, which I have never heard of and obviously never signed up for it. Someone is scamming is us. They should be investigated & put out of business.

• Ad
    Adrinne Oct 20, 2008

Company bill o my phone number - when i called they say they bill on bhalf od third party - then refuse to say who authorize it - did not refund money - happens 2 times.

• Valerie Nov 24, 2008

I had called ESBI ETS and they said that I had ordered this internet place and I didn't and they said that it would be taken care of and stop the billing my phone company Qwest It also reads on my phone bill that they would or can not remove this and that they would find a way for me to pay the bill that I never ordered.

• Bo
    Bob Nov 26, 2008

ESBI added a charge to my Verizon bill. Don't even Know what it is.
    BLVD network LLC electronic Fax MOfee ??????

james Nov 26, 2008

I work for a major telecom company and I constantly get customers who are billed by this and other "3rd party billers" without knowledge or permission. USUALLY this happens when a customer answers an online survey or contest ("Get a free $100 gift card just for taking survey" etc.) and there is usually some sort of disclosure (3 pgs. of fine print that people don't usually read) that says by accepting you will be billed by XYX company for this service.

james Nov 26, 2008

Don't be a victim! Read your bill every month and contact your phone provider asap to dispute charges, sometimes they can credit your account and help you dispute it with the 3rd parties. Be careful (and warn family members) about giving out your tel. # online for any reason.

• Gr
    Greg Urban Nov 26, 2008

The problem is that customers dont have the time to validate their cellphone bills. MyValidas.com will do exactly this: Our website finds errors, points out all your downloads, gives tips on avoiding these charges, optimizes your rate plan, gives a cross carrier analysis and even automates an email to your carrier so you dont have to spend the time calling in our recommendations!
    Go to MyValidas.com and upload your bill for free. You can see the savings we offer, if you dont like it, dont buy it.
    Everyone that uses MyValidas.com LOVES the experience!

• Valerie Dec 04, 2008

I am being charged for services that I did not apply for and the phone numbers that are listed for the company billing is not in service 1-800-660-6574. This is the first time that these charges have appeared on my bill and they are unavailable for a response or cancellation of services.

• Pe
    Peter Dec 17, 2008

I received my phone bill w/ this miscellaneous charges and credits from some voicemail network mo service fee $12.95 for sept.2, then $12.95 for oct. 20th total of $25.90. This is suppose to be a sight for free coupons and free samples. They did credit me for one month still trying to get the 2nd month off and also had to put a block on my phone so they can't do this again. Here we are all trying to service this economy and use coupons and things to save money and you get this, A bill for $25.90 for some sight i didn't even get anything from.

Michelle Schneider Dec 26, 2008

We were charged $15.72 by ESBI as a third party on our Embarq monthly phone bill. We have never heard of this company or ever signed up with them for any service. Embarq refuses to remove these fraudelant charges, & when we call this ESBI, they ask us for information & then hang up on us.

Michelle Schneider Dec 26, 2008

What if your local phone company will not back up your dispute & you cannot get through to this ESBI company? Any suggestions??

• Vi
    vialogos Dec 27, 2008

After a careful review of my Verizon phone bill I discovered that I've been charged $12.95 a month since March 2008 for "Blue Dog Online" email and vmail that I never authorized. This service is billed through Verizon as a third party by ESBI. I have tried to contact them by phone and by their website www.billview.com/esbi with no response as yet. Their website appears to be unavailable or offline. I will continue to try the phone number.

• Bz
    bzurkburk Jan 07, 2009

Im 17 and my dad just said he got charged 14.95 from some ESBI they said I signed up for some free movies/music thing its a load of bull, im not an idiot I think I would remember signing up for some special offer. I tried to find this website that I supposedly signed up for, typed it in on google and all I got was a bunch of websites saying ESBI is a scam.

• Wi
    w-in-brimfield Jan 22, 2009

I too was charged by Blue Dog on my Mass. Verizon bill. ESBI will do nothing for you. You have to go directly to Blue Dog and Verizon, not that this will do much good either. I noticed the $12.95 the first time it showed up on my Aug bill. Blue Dog kept promising me that they were reversing the charge. It never happened. Finally, after canceling my Verizon service, Verizon agreed to bill Blue Dog and take the charge off my final bill. It took over 4 months, a lot of aggravation, a lot of phone calls, and a few seizures.

• De
    Debra B Feb 15, 2009

I just viewed my Verizon bill on line and was shocked to see charges from ESBI on my phone bill totalling 15.89. I have not authorized these charges, nor have I been contacted by this company. I do not have voicemail on my phone line and don't want it. HOW can a company go into your phone account and make these unwanted charges??? THIS IS FRAUD!! Watch your phone bills very closely. I have contacted Verizon and have requested that these charges be removed from my bill. I am waiting to hear back from them now. I just can't understand how something like this is allowed to happen!!! FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!

JOSEPH TUTUSKA Feb 23, 2009

NOTICED ON MY VERIZON PHONE BILL AN ADDIONAL $14.95 CHARGE FROM ESBI.NEVER HEARD OF THEM.CALLED VERIZON TO DISPUTE THIS CHARGE AND INFORMED THEM THAT I WILL NOT PAY IT!VERIZON IS AWARE OF BOGUS CHARGES FROM ESBI BUT YET THEY PASS ALONG B.S. ONTO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

• Br
    Braddock Mar 11, 2009

It happened to me just now on Embarq - $15.11 charged for Residential Email Services, for something that my wife apparently signed up to - Flat out lie! I called ESBI and they confirmed my wife's personal data and the info on my phone account - unbelivable! Anyway, the lady at Embarq customer service was nice enough to dispute the charge and credit my account, claiming that: "It happens more & more everyday"...

• Gl
    Glenda Lai Mar 23, 2009

I was charged $14.95 for a Intelicom message fee by ESBI included in my phone bill by Embarq. I did not sign up for this nor did I approve it. I thought I was alone in this until I looked up the sight for ESBI.

I believe all telephone companies should block all third party charges. This my second. First was ILD Teleservices. Still fighting that one as well

Mike Mar 30, 2009

I just got billed 21.40 dollars from esbi. This was on top of my phone bill. I have not paid anything yet and i'm quite meticulous about the bills so i'm pretty sure this is the first time.

What do i do???

• He
    hezmana Apr 09, 2009

ESBI places fraudulent charges on phone bill in the amount of 14.95. The BBB in DE was of no help stating the company does not respond or is out of business.

• Mr
    m. Rathjen Apr 21, 2009

I was charged $14.95 on my Verizon phone bill by www.unitedtel.com hellomail for a service from ESBI that I did not subscribe to. When I called ESBI they told me I had signed up, possibly on a pop-up, for a service providing games and other entertainment. These people have stolen my name, address, phone number, e-mail address from some other area as I would never sign up for a service like the one they offer. They cancelled the service as of the date I called but did not credit the charge on the Verizon bill.

• Ju
    Julie Apr 29, 2009

Call your phone company and block any 3rd party billing.

Donna Apr 30, 2009

We also have charges from this ESBI, but we have for several months, did not notice cause our phone company charges us the same price for voice mail except it was not working, (becasue of the scam from ESBI) so we cancelled, and I noticed the charge still there, so I called Verizon to complain, and they told me they removed it, that it was this toerh place. Gave a number to get it off, we called she said can only take off 3months then gave a bogass web address to remove the rest of charges. You have to call them and really get angry, tell them it is FRAUD, and they are on the internet all over about the FRAUD. Hwo can they charge you, and never even tell you how to access your voicemail thru them, we asked that and she said, not their responsibility to set up acct., so where is all our mail going? she said she did not know. anyway the number we called is 1-866-473-1981. try this number and good luck--hope it works for you.

Donna Apr 30, 2009

I have a number for this place that you can really talk to a person, and get part of your money back--GOOD LUCK this is FRAUD, and when you call it PLEASE repeat to the person on the other end FRAUD, it helps state your case. They got me for several months.
    1-866-473-1981 Pass this on to others, maybe we can help STOP this
    I am trying to give this number to all in this forum, Please pass this number on to all you can, HELP OTHERS STOP THIS FRAUD!!
    Donna

Donna Apr 30, 2009

not sure if I sent a comment to you yet or not, am trying to send to ALL on this forum, sorry if I did already. I hear you can get these charges many ways, I entered a drawing, (online) for $1, 000.00, from a receipt I had, and that is how I got charged this. I have a number for this place that you can really talk to a person, and get part of your money back--GOOD LUCK this is FRAUD, and when you call it PLEASE repeat to the person on the other end FRAUD, it helps state your case.
    1-866-473-1981 Pass this on to others, maybe we can help STOP this.
    I am trying to give this number to all on this forum, hoping to help others, and STOP this place and others from taking our money. Donna

• Bi
    bill May 06, 2009

I received 2 unauthorized billings on my phone bill which i did not even know what it was for and did not authorize. The billing company was ESBI and the amount was $29.95.

christine May 26, 2009

For two months in a row I have been charged $14.95 for residential email. I have never heard of ESBI and never signed up for such a thing. I called ESBI directly and complained and they "cancelled" my account saying someone must have signed up and given them my phone number accidentally. They even sent me a refund for $14.95. However, the next month there was another charge of $14.95 for ESBI residential email!!!

• Ne
    Neuroticat Jun 15, 2009

I've read a few of the posts and can commiserate. I just received a bill of my own with an ESBI attachment. I was so ticked off. I called the number listed to dispute the charges and spoke to someone with an Indian accent, which in itself screams FRAUD if I can't even speak to someone on the same continent. I complained and was told that the charge would be dropped. What a loud of BS. I know when I'm being toyed with. There was also a website listed on my bill http://www.billview.com/esbi. They have a section for Customer Support but require you to fill it out completely before your complaint will be acknowledged. I gave them all false information, made up name, made up phone number, made up address, followed by a warning. None of my information was questioned. I included the words FRAUD and CLASS ACTION SUIT. I encourage anyone else who these con-artists have tried to victimize, do the same. I'd go to small claims court for something as trivial as an unauthorized change on my phone bill.

• Kr
    krispix318 Jun 15, 2009

I pay my company's Verizon bill. When these charges show up, I call the provided number and speak to a similar person, who usually identifies himself as "Pete Jones" or something ridiculous like that. I dispute the charges and the money is refunded. Since I'm not at the locations being billed, I never know if the charges have actually been authorized, but I tell them they haven't. I never have an issue.

AnnO Jun 28, 2009

I also got charged $15.85 from ESBI on my Verizon phone bill. I called Verizon and was told that not only do you have to block 3rd party billing, but also miscellaneous billing, which I had Verizon do.
    After 3 months of waiting for Verizon to reinburse me for the ESBI charge, I finally had to call them. Was told to take the charge off my bill and that ESBI may send a separate bill.

• Tr
    tringuyen Jun 29, 2009

I am charge 14.95 a month for the last 4 month in my phone bill for this services I never use. I am looking for the way to sue this company.

• Ca
    Carl Jul 23, 2009

ESBI said they would cancel the service. I told them I have never heard of them, did not authorize this charge and did not sign up for any such service ever. I asked for immediate reversal of charge and credit to verizon. ESBI said service is canceled and hung up. I called ESBI again, I again asked for credit reversal of the charge, ESBI said I had already called in and the account was canceled. I said that this does not answer the question: When can I expect immediate reversal credit of the charge to Verizon telephone. ESBI said they will not credit. I informed them again, I did not sign up for service or authorize this charge, I will not pay this charge and I will report as SLAMMING.

• Li
    Linh Huynh Jul 29, 2009

This company has scam so many people, I look on the web there are so many complaints about this company. It charged to my mom bill for $14.95 for the unknown services that my mom does not know about. My mom is an elderly woman who live in Adult Foster Care and don't speak English. This company took an advantage of my mom.

• Kf
    K. Fisher Aug 25, 2009

I had unauthorized monthly charges added to my phone bill.
    They said they would never do that but I see that it has been reported many times. FYI - ESBI phone number is 800-460-0078

• To
    TomFightsThisFraud Aug 27, 2009

I too had this stupid service billed on both of my phone lines!!! ERRR!

I TOTALLY AGREE THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS!

I checked the Better Business Bureau and they know about it and rate the company an "F" for failing to give them information.

This company just needs to be stopped...period...end of story here!

Verizon should lose it's customers and CLOSE down for allowing this crazy crap to happen to us all!

I bet most customers are getting this charge and don't even check their bills!

We are the customers who care about keeping our bills in the right amount it should be! ERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

HELP US ALL!! I HATE THIS PROBLEM and HAD TO CALL 3 Times to verizon and had a BLOCK put on ALL MY PHONE LINES!

Ask Verizon reps to BLOCK YOUR LINES everyone!! I did and now I don't worry but STILL CHECK my phone bill EVERY MONTH!

• So
    softdelights69 Sep 15, 2009

im getting charged for a sevice i didnt authorize i want a full refund of all chrges from the daye they started!!! i am very very upset!! i am a disabled mother of two children and am on very very strict budget i cant afford to be ripped off like this!! please give me a refund aSAP!!! HERE IS MY CONFERMATION CODE THAT I HAVE SPOKE TO A REPRESENTITIVE OF YOUR COMPANY AND AM DUE THE REFUND 5894704 please issue asap thnk you
    samantha smith