Epsonepson xp-446

M Mar 16, 2018 Review updated:

I bought an Epson printer about 2 months ago to replace my old Canon office printer. I have had nothing but trouble with the printer from the beginning. I have had clogged printer heads to my cartridges emptying out just trying to clean the printer head. My latest issue is the fact that after my last firmware update all of my cartridges are no longer recognized by the printer. So my office is basically non-operational until I can get to the store and buy new cartridges.
This is disconcerting for me because these cartridges are expensive and I am not at liberty to just replace full cartridges because of your firmware update. I do business with a nationwide company and my colleagues ask for recommended products from time to time. Based on my experience with your printer so far, I can truly say that your product is an immense failure compared to others that I have used and I would not be recommending it to anyone. In fact, I would discourage anyone from investing in an Epson printer of any kind.
I am very disappointed. If there is no way to reverse the last firmware upgrade, instead of investing in new cartridges, I will be investing a new printer with a different brand.

Matthew T. Bagger Jul 07, 2018

I'm with you, no solution to firmware "upgrade". See ya Epson, off to buy a better printer.

• Ro
    Ronald Kelsch Dec 15, 2018

I purchased a xp-446 to replace my old version because of clogging. I was surprised that it automatically selected PDF from Word and I could not select regular printing. I had to go to the PDF file and print it out. When I used a template, I could not select the PDF file. Every search just gave me the manual that is too long to read for a basic problem. Now I have two printers to select from, that is troubling when only the old one is set for default. If a simple thing can not be resolved, I am going to another brand. Epson has always been a great product, but now it takes too much understanding.