Enterprise Rent-A-Carrental car insurance scam

I obtained a rental car through Enterprise Rent-A-Car on South Fort Apache Rd. in Las Vegas, NV at the beginning of May paid for by my insurance company for a one month duration of time while my car was being repaired after an accident. At that time, the staff asked me if I wanted insurance. They stated that if I did not get insurance, I would be liable in the event of an accident. Knowing that I had full coverage for my rental vehicle through Geico, I signed the contract, assuming that Geico would pick up the cost because, who would drive a car without insurance? Little did I realize (no one explained this to me), that the insurance they were referring to was a separate insurance from Geico and was completely unnecessary since my policy covers any damage during the rental period. No one mentioned the $10 per day cost for this unnecessary insurance (It was obviously carefully concealed in the fine print). Thirty days after I rented the vehicle I received a phone call during which I was told I owed $300 in charges for rental insurance! $300 FOR NOTHING! I already had insurance coverage. Rest assured that I will be contacting the state attorney general's office, Better Business Bureau and the state insurance board to report the shady practices of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Never again will I do business with Enterprise and I will ensure that everyone else knows what kind of business they are operating.Their employees understand full well that people are already covered under their insurance policies. They work very closely with Geico and understand this but yet they continue to mislead customers so that they can make a few extra dollars. This is fraud and it needs to stop now.

RESOLVED

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 03, 2011

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we'd like to pursue this further. Please email us: [email protected] with your full name, contact information, the rental agreement number and any other details.

When emailing please list reference #[protected] in the subject line.

Amanda with Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Samoan_soldier Jul 16, 2011

I am also experiencing this problem. They had told me that they would refund me back my $300 last month but still no avail!

• Pa
    Paul Hough Jun 03, 2011

The exact same thing happened to me what a scam! they told me I would be personally liable for any damages to the vehicle. when I already had insurance through my truck that was in the shop. They intentional mislead me so they could bill me for the insurance. I travel a lot for work and I guaranty I will never ever rent from these scam artists ever again! And every chance I get I will tell my story to friends and colleges. The way I see it for the 100 dollars they got off me for insurance they just lost about $1000 or more a year in business!

Enterprise well pick you up . . . and drive up your bill

Great business plan Enterprise!