Emirates Driving InstituteMisbehaviour of the person at duty

M

i am a resident of dubai and was student of your institute and was proud to be holding a driving license after taking the training classes from your institute.i was eager and went to your centre at al ain centre bur dubai and 7 o'clock(14th january 2010) in the evening.i waited for around 30 minutes for the person on duty but after inquiring with the security of al ain centre i found out that he was sitting at the back security desk.i went to call him and ask him that i was waiting for you from last 30 minutes.in his reply back that gentleman was very rude and rather than apologising, he told, " i know my duty and if you have any complaints you can call and [protected] and for your information it is closed now you may complain now on saturday."
anyway i again asked him that i want to know about fresher driving for my wife.
without listening to me he asked me the registration number.i again told him that i dont have registration number but his instant reply was, "i cannot trace your wife without registration number on the computer." in a very angry manner.
i told him not to speak in bad way for ladies but without listening to me anymore he started shouting and told me to leave the desk and complaint.
when he was shouting, even i had to shout at him and the security persons tried to relax the situation but that gentleman had the guts to say, "shut up and go out!!!".he refused to give his name and identity and told that address and timings of this centre is good enough for you to complaint.
Then after listening to the security and to maintain the decor in the mall i left.
Im sorry to see that such type of persons are working in your institute and expect your comments to my complaint.

RESOLVED

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Nov 27, 2019

Dear Student,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Kindly call us back or please provide your contact details to contact you regarding the issue.

• Va
    varun pillai Apr 29, 2017

Hi I am varun pillai was a student in emirates driving institute, I am very thankful to ms edna manager (who is available for students in worst cases), mr darshana (one of the best executive in uae I came across) executive, & main person my trainer, my guru, my teacher... mr basheer, one of the best institute in uae, good service customer service is very good, my suggestion if you want a professional training in driving then join edi. I got my driving license in second attempt.

• Ro
    Roshan V Mar 02, 2017

Dear RTA, please stop employing undeserving jobless Emirati women as driving test inspectors. All they do is eat and eat and with their lazy demeanour get fat. They pass all those women (arabs and certain other nationalities) who are making a lot of mistakes during their tests. Women from India, Srilanka, etc are failed even ten times!!! Please replace your useless female Emirati inspectors. They are better off at home and running around spending their easy money shopping. RTA, PLEASE STOP BEING RACISTS!!! PLEASE STOP YOUR UNFAIR MEANS!!! WE CAN SAY THAT RTA IS THE MOST UNFAIR GOVERNMENT AGENCY IN THE COUNTRY. PLEASE REPLACE YOUR UNWORTHY EMIRATI FEMALES INSPECTORS. LET THEM DO THE THINGS THEY ARE CAPABLE OF... NOT GIVING DRIVING TESTS DEFINITELY... BECAUSE THESE WOMEN ARE THEMSELVES VERY BAD DRIVERS AND RUDE ON THE ROAD... WHAT A JOKE!!! DEAR DUBAI, DO YOU HEAR US? CAN YOU FEEL THE INJUSTICE THESE WOMEN ARE DOING??? ALL THOSE IS AUTHORITY WOULD YOU TAKE ACTION ???? OR ARE YOU ONLY INTERESTED IN CHEATING EXPATS OUT OF THEIR MONEY????

• Ni
    Nicodemus Oct 19, 2016

The worst i had is when i was doing night driving Classes last month, the Instructor from Al quoz institute he shamelessly removed his shoes and socks in the car and he started scratching his feet, asking too personal questions which is not acceptable, after 30 minutes he slept and i was driving him on the highway, when i went for Road Test i got immediate fail Funny.

• As
    asamu Feb 07, 2016

EDI is the worst money oriented company in UAE seriously i don't understand what understanding they have with RTA for functioning like this... they have worst customer service... if your student fails in school the teacher is held accountable.. well not in EDI apparently they take your money mercilessly and teach you absolutely nothing, i have been driving in UAE for 16 years.. when i did my driving when the instructors student failed 4 times the instructor was retested by Sharjah Police to see what is wrong.. so not many students failed more than 3 times.. instructors were extra careful and extra attentive, ... today I'm writing this blog in desperation.. 2 assessment exams and 8 final road exams my wife hasn't still passed her driving.. I'm 19, 000 dhs poorer and my wife started this 20 months ago and she is in tears.. i wish the RTA will take strong action against this soon called excellent driving institution... now I've been in UAE for 33 years and i talked to multiple people and got similar testimonies ... if you complain and make a complaint in EDI they will mark your file and make sure you do fail a couple more times... its a conspiracy. i will not comment on the corruption ... hope the UAE Govt takes action...

• Fr
    freeman0179 Jun 08, 2015

EDI is so far the worst as I know, they only give licenses to their VIP students (17, 000 dhs - full package) even if you driver very well, more and more students are transferring their files from EDI, try Galadhari/ Dubai driving Institute u will get license in 2- 3 tests.

• Sh
    shiju.sk Dec 31, 2014

It's been a 6 months been having in the institute. And still I have failed. I'm not sure I am the error seems I have been during in my country for 5 years.
    first test i failed, 2nd test i get after one month 2 nd also failed. 3 rd test date i get after 45 days, now i going to finish 6 months total waste of time @ EDI.during road test examiner making sudden brake before reaching stop line, i know very well where is the stop line car speed below 10.they can make money my time and money going.

• At
    attention here pls Sep 05, 2014

I have joined the EDI one year back as a fresher 40 class student automatic until now I have given 5 RTA road test I didn't get my license and in my last 2 tests they didn't tell me the mistakes at all and simply the examiner replied "I DON'T KNOW" and failed me and one more thing they have asked me some thousands of dirhams as a bribe in order to issue a license, so please think if you have chosen EDI

Noor1881 Aug 15, 2014

I'm current student of EDI, as I heard from people outside is the best driving institute, however I faced with opposite. It's starts from the very first day of opening file, instead of my nationality in learning permit I have totally different, then when I went to complete my lectures after 7 days of registration they told me that my file is still in dubai mall, and I have 2 options wait few days or go to dm and bring it my self...so what I did . When I finally complete my lectures I asked them that I wanna have driving classes near to my home, it will be easier for me, one hour they we sending me from one building to another and in the end of the day they gave me number 9 the branch so I can arrange it my self...amazing service . I was cacaring to the branch 3 days, and no one picked up . I called to the call center, after that one guy finally picked up the phone and said first of all in branches we don't hhave same timing u sign in for and we don't have classes 3 times per week only 2 times, and you should wait minimum of 2 weeks to start your classes, it's makes me really mad I told him that why should I wait for 2 weeks I wanna start immdetely on what he said that here's number for complain I can't help you with anything. Still one weeks passed and I haven't received any call.

• Pr
    Pranav Sharma Dec 25, 2013

Yes, I agree that they wont issue license until 5 to 6 attempts which will not only effect you mentally but also financially. They have now started failing in assesment test also.I have given 2 tries for assesment test but they failed me in both the attempts.For next attempt again they load you with extra 8 classes or 12 classes sometimes.In my last attempt i made sure to stop at stop sign and rolling speed at give way sign and even rt & left turn, even then they failed me giving remark as improper approaching, not stopping at stop sign and steering control. All they want is to make money. I have decided to transfer my file to other institutes which are not so reputed as EDI but success rate is very good. Many of my friends who started driving class with me with other institutes (like Galadhari, Al Ahli and Dubai driving) got their license in not more than 2 attempts and even fees is also reasonable comparing to EDI. I have realized my mistake to chose EDI.

Saak Jun 18, 2011

the rta examiners especially female are so rude ... when i drive with my instructors teh yseem to be happy but while doing teh exam something or teh otehr i always fail .. im not agfraid to hurt the examiners feelings but im waiting 2 get my license ... i wish teh ycould see that even we try so hard and pay so much fr it !!! and they donty see hwo much effort we put im going fr my 10th try n i feel so ashamed n useless... n the last tym i drove teh examiner was freakin busy over teh fone and dint bother and she failed me .!!! i really need 2 pass my tenth or my father will really be very angry ! and im very scared !! ... i just hope these ppl can see it atleast this time !!! ... edi is really scaring me !! please i need to pass i dunno whom to go to what to do !! im just very lost and im leaving next week ! and thsi has to be my last shot ! :( i really feel some of the female examiners r so arrogant and annoying .. you drive fr lik 5 mins or 8 moins and they spot so much mistakes while theyre over teh fone ?thats magical!! how would teh yfeel if 11 000 dhs was ripped off their wallet in like 2 month ?!??!

• Ez
    EZLY Apr 15, 2010

YES, I AGREE 2 - 5 MINUSTES WILL NOT BE ENOUGH TO JUDGE A STUDENT DRIVING. I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF EDI CAN DO SOMETHING ON THIS MATTER COZ WHAT THE STUDENT GET IT WILL ONLY REFLECT ON HER/HIS INSTRUCTOR. MAXIMUM 2 TIMES FAILURE SHOULD BE ENOUGH AND NOT MORE THAN THAT COZ I'TS ONLY MEAN TEACHER ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO HELP THE STUDENT TO PASS THE ROAD TEST AND BASE ON MY EXPERIENCE MY TEACHER WAS EXCELLENT ANd SHE DOESNT DESERVED LIKE THIS AS WELL. SAD THING IS EXAMINER GIVE CHANCES ONLY IF YOU FAILED SEVERAL TIMES LIKE 5 TIME OR MORE. NO CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER, EDI CLASSES FEE ARE TOO EXPENSIVE NOW ADAYS + TEST FEE AND + RETAKE FEES, MY SAVING FOR 1 YEAR IS NOT ENOUGH TO GET A LICENSE AND IT REALLY FEELS ME BAD. AND NOW I HAVE DOUBT IF I CAN DO RECOMEND MY FRIENDS TO GO FOR EDI ...:(

• Ib
    IBL Mar 06, 2010

I have gone through a number of road tests from the so called "proud to be professionals" EDI. In one of my tests the examiner failed me saying "you drive slow". I told him the speed limit is 40kmph (as it showed on the 2 signbords right at the beginning & end of the road), but he argued that the limit is 60kmph. This is how much they know about their duties.
    Another case when I had waited from 8.00 am in the morning & my name was called at 4.00 in the afternoon. The examiner purposely wanted to fail me saying why did I wait at the give way sign (very well knowing that there was traffic on the main road making it my duty to wait) finally he failed me. some minutes later i came to know that they had put my name in the failing list in their system at 3.45, while my call for test was at 4.00. This is their business, morality & honesty.I have many experiences with them & each one is a lesson for the new ones. I had also applied for a committe test in which there are supposed to be 2 examiners & maximum of 2 students giving tests. The student is being given more time to drive in it so that the examiner can judge better. In my case, after waiting for 3 hrs an examiner called 3 students & i was one of those. Not giving more than 2 minutes to any one, and pointing out stupidly silly mistakes (eg. you ONLY saw the side mirror befor overtaking) he failed all of us. He was the same examiner who took my test at 4.00 pm earlier while my name was already in the faling list at 3.45pm.
    Till date I have given 12 tests and my instructors and even those students who give tests with me say that I drive very good & must be given a liscense. But...
    After my last test I went to the officials asking them what is the reason, why dont they pass me ? he reffered me to another person, then another person and so on...
    And now I get a message for the recent discounted rates for the students who fail & apply for new tests...really pissed off