Edgars Fashion / Edconshelley bra

M Aug 13, 2018

I would like to lodge a very serious complaint. As in, I am right now so furious if I had another [censored]ing bra I would be burning this one in front of the store I bought it at.

A few months ago, I bought a set of Shelley bras at Edgars Paarl Mall. After hours of searching at Woolworths, Donna Claire and the other fancy one in the mall, I decide to go to Edgars. I've had an account there; I've bought my clothes, shoes and bags there back when I could still afford it; the quality has always been outstanding. Ah, and here is a set of two - beige and black, perfect. One for me, one for my mother. In the right size, and oh, the fabric feels fantastic - so soft and smooth.
I pay happily and go back home. At home, we fit them and they're PERFECT. So comfortable, so soft and yet keeps everything perfectly in its place. Great. But alas, the dream was not to last.
Within a week the first underwire popped out. Okay, fine. Push it back in, sew it closed.
And then again. And again. And again. And again.
And oh God, don't let the stupid things be washed - on the gentle cycle, in a pillow case, on their [censored]ING OWN - because then, all the underwire comes out at all possible points. Do you know that there are only four places on a bra where underwire can come out? Well, the last time I washed the black one, because the beige one's wiring snapped in half, while I WAS SITTING PERFECTLY STILL AT MY DESK, the wiring came out at THREE PLACES.
Three places that has been repeatedly sewn closed, with increasing aggression and stronger thread each time.
Saturday, the 11th of August, I sat on my bed and sewed the wiring back. It is now Monday morning the 13th of August and THE [censored]ING WIRING IS OUT AGAIN.
So I want to know: were these bras disposable, and Edgars just forgot to put that on the tag? While the idea of disposable underwear is probably a good one, I'm not willing to pay R300 for a set of two disposable bras. Also, IT SHOULD PROBABLY BE MENTIONED THAT THEY'RE DISPOSABLE AND SHOULD BE THROWN OUT AFTER THE FIRST WASH.
If they're not meant to be disposable but should only be hand-washed once every six months, mention that then.
Or if they were actually meant to function as actual bras, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the quality control.
The material is sagging, limp and completely stretched - this on a bra that didn't even stretch when I put on the first time.
The lace - stretchy - is frayed and stretched out. I would like to stress at this point that this is a piece of underwear I paid a lot of money for in the exact size that fits me PERFECTLY without being stretched beyond its limits.
It has never been washed in boiling water or acid.
It has only ever been washed on the "gentle" cycle of the washing machine, separated from everything else inside a pillow case.
And yet, here I sit at the front desk, with a piece of underwire that was sewn shut inside the pathetic, frayed piping on Saturday, sticking into my arm. I can only be grateful that it's not in the centre, and I haven't been impaled yet.
Here's a wild idea: maybe they shouldn't make the underwires out of [censored]ing RAZORBLADES - then they probably won't come out so fast.
Or perhaps they could employ some sort of quality control measures at the factories to check up on this sort of thing.

I am viciously unhappy about this.
I realize that whoever is reading this from Edgars' side probably doesn't care because you're either a man or you buy your underwear from Victoria's Secret and couldn't care less about middle-class people who have to save up to support a store like Edgars.
Well, this middle-class woman has had it with this enormously disappointing piece of [censored]. I've got a bra in my drawer that is so old I don't even know where we bought it. Its straps adjust themselves randomly but you know what? ITS UNDERWIRING IS STILL IN-[censored]ING-TACT.
The Woolworths one lost its wiring, which is why I went looking for a bra in the first place. Again, guess what. It lost its wiring after NEARLY FOUR YEARS. NOT TWO [censored]ING WEEKS.
I don't know what you plan on doing about it.
But I plan to complain until I no longer have a piece of underwiring sticking into my arm, popping out in public or snapping when I am sitting perfectly still.
If you don't want the middle classes supporting Shelley and Edgars, reply to this mail and say so. Then me and all my middle-class, unworthy patrons of your store will take our business elsewhere.
If you would like our continued support - because I may be the one complaining in writing but with me there are a whole squad of ladies with the exact same complaint about quality - then I suggest you do something.
I will continue to complain about this EVERY SINGLE TIME THIS STUPID WIRE COMES OUT BECAUSE UNLIKE YOU I WORK FOR MY MONEY AND DON'T HAVE ANY TO WASTE ON DISPOSABLE BRAS WITH RAZOR UNDERWIRING.

I am furious.
I want this solved.
Oh and why didn't I take it back the first time?
BECAUSE UNDERWEAR CANNOT BE EXCHANGED, COMPANY POLICY.

EMPLOY PEOPLE TO DO QUALITY CONTROL.
FIND A BETTER CHINESE SUPPLIER FOR YOUR WIRING AND MATERIAL.
CHECK UP ON YOUR MACHINES EVERY NOW AND THEN TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE NOT MANUFACTURING [censored].
JUST A FEW TIPS, FROM A VERY, VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER.