Econo LodgeBilling issues!

B

Recently my brother was married and spent the weekend in Logan UT at the Econo Lodge. As a wedding gift I payed for 1 night of the stay. I called the front dest a few days prior to the Reservation, and arranged payment. On tues of the following week I received the charge for the second night which overdrew the account and as a result I was charged $20.00 by my bank. I tried to call the motel and I spoke the GM. Who said as I was explaining "I Do not Care". After calling all over the continental U.S. for 2 hours I found someone who could help me get the room charges refunded however I have to accept the $20.00 charge from the bank which wouldn't exist had they not charged me so I personally as a consumer would never recommend this hotel to anyone else there are far better accommodation in Logan and the surrounding areas.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Mar 05, 2008

Dear Brad Sawyer:

Have you considered contacting their corporate office? Generally they would be the ones to assist your with you getting the $22 fee back, I wish you the best.

Pablo.

colonsmartcleasner
    Posted: 2008-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    froud

Complaint Rating:
    I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.[protected]@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...

• Bi
    BIGTAZ351 Oct 07, 2008

I had made reservations for the Kansas NASCAR Race 2008 @ the Econolodge in Kearny Mo. the total bill was supposed to be $88.xx dollars, that was fine... 25 days prior to going I had to cancel, bummer right? not as bad as the fact I got a confirmation # for the cancelation and all. But low and behold Monday after the race I have a charge on my bank account for 189.xx Dollars a 100 bucks more than stated on the website. Not only was I charged by mistake I was double charged. Anyways I called the # on the website and they sent me in the direction of calling the Kearny Econolodge, ok so I call and this guy who is "new to America" answers and says he is the manager, takes down my info but claimes the computer isnt working, ok stuff happens whatever... 3 hours later calls talks to my wife and says "Its been refunded and will show up in your account tomarrow" ok great! Wrong, 7 days later its not in there, so I go to the bank to refuse the charge and now I will have to wait a few more days to see what will happen. I also called [protected] to let their higher ups know what is going on. my Fraud-o-meter is saying this is bad.

1. Charged by accident.
    2. Charged more than Double!
    3. Computers are down!
    4. Manager at hotel promises refund, None Appears!
    5. Manager new to America, Broken English.

I Score that as 5 red flags I wont spend a dime there in the future!
    thats my rant Matt.

• He
    Heather Nov 07, 2008

While staying in this hotel, with my three year old son. I went to the restroom, and a glass pipe fell out of the the toilet paper holder and shattered on the floor. The staff refused to change my room, and when they came to clean it up, they used a wet wash cloth. DIDN'T EVEN SWEEP!! I had to call 911 to get the pipe disposed of.

• Ed
    EdAnger Jan 08, 2009

hey dummy...its called a crack pipe. you staying at a econo lodge..dont you know what goes on there?
    worse your your taking you kid to the place... why on gods name would you do that?
    im sure 911 was truly shocked that you found a crack pipe at a friggin econo lodge. i bet thats never happened before.
    trust me...they are still chuckeling about your storey to this day over at 911

NotHappyinUtah Mar 22, 2009

Econolodge Logan Utah. This seems to be a problem area hotel. I reserved a room for a "Winter Weekend Getaway Package." Room and Dinner for one low price. What they dont tell you is that the dinner menu you get on check in is limited choices and you have to "pick one" and fill out a huge coupon for it to be valid. Also, when I checked my visa bill, I was overcharged by $27.oo. I called the hotel back, and explained to the lady that I was overcharged by that amount, and she proceeded to argue with me about the amount, but did agree to refund $22.51 to my card. I thought that was the end of it, until I checked my balance again and noticed that i was charged another $22.51. I was now being charged over $100.00 for a room and dinner that was supposed to be $55.oo. She recharged me more, then credited that amount. I dont know why its always a problem for the business to credit someones account when its their mistake. Not only will I not go back, I will make sure to tell everyone I know NOT to go there, or even reserve there. Its not worth the price they end up charging you over all.

maryooski Jul 03, 2009

My daughter just called me to get a number for the Econolodge Complaint Line. Her family is on the road for a two-week vacation to Oklahoma, and they stopped last night in Indianapolis to spend the night. I think the people who manage those places are SCAM ARTISTS, and needless to say, NOT Americans! The people at the motel called about twenty minutes ago to accuse my daughter and her husband of stealing two comforters from the room and to tell them that they're charging their credit card an additional $90 for the missing comforters! This is not only outrageous, it's insulting! Believe me, they would never take anything that doesn't belong to them; but taking cheap comforters from a motel room???? Please!!! Take this as a warning to all travelers --- ANYWHERE BUT ECONOLODGE!!!

• So
    Sorden Sep 09, 2009

I am appalled about the low standard of one particular hotel; the place is a disgrace to other Econo Lodge owners. Moreover, it is a disappointment for any loyal customer who has come to expect a certain standard from this line of hotels. My wife and I do not look for extraordinary amenities but we do appreciate clean surroundings and rooms. The premises are uninviting. To get to the room, the customer walks over a sticky outdoor carpet with pieces of litter everywhere. Going up the stairs, one is greeted by the smell of urine. Our room was in a horrible state. Apparently nobody cleaned the blades of the ceiling fan for months. The socket of the sliding door that was separating the living area from the bathroom had brownish build-up of grease and dirt. One was best advised not to look at the carpet lining under the Jacuzzi when walking to the bathroom. The most disgusting piece, however, was the bathroom sink. Even when wiped clean, it looked filthy. Discolorations of unknown origin gave the appearance of a clogged sewer that has just back flushed. If you happen to think that this is acceptable, you are invited to brush your teeth over this bathroom sink and you will soon begin to see my point, I must mention that the equipment in our room was not in proper working order. The TV set did not respond to the remote control. We notified the front desk about the problem, but it was not resolved to our satisfaction. This, however, was of lesser concern to us. Feelings of disgust at the thought of returning to our room every evening finally made us switch hotels. After two nights we checked out and moved to another hotel a few blocks down the road. This entirely negative experience gives rise to several questions. What are the standards that a hotel must fulfill in order to be registered as an Econo Lodge How run-down can a hotel become before somebody tells the owner that it cannot be operated as an Econo Lodge any longer? Whether or not you feel compelled to answer these questions, my decision is not to consider the Econo Lodge anymore for future vacation planning unless I have previously stayed at a particular location and found it satisfying. With only ten days of vacation I will not afford to waste even a single day with a negative lodging experience. NEVER VISIT THEM.

• Ve
    Velouria Sep 12, 2009

You should find this hotel on Hotels.com and post your comments.

• Al
    almac3 Nov 09, 2009

i got a room on 11-9-09 at midnight;i was in line to purchase a room and the 2 white men in front of me was charged $39 a night, i looked at the guys receipt.I got up to the desk and asked how much was the room.I was charged $49 a night with just me in the room and no pets.I know that I was racially discriminated against because i am african-american.I will take further action when I get to my destination.

• Nb
    nb47mn Nov 09, 2009

Disrimination based upon gender or race is pure evil. Because of this same type of bs, I am now unemployed as of the same day you posted this complaint. I don't have very much money for food and paying bills and will be out in about 1-2 months... and I 've go a baby on the way. I never wanted this for her, but what's real has happened and I wish there was some way that I could take action and sue Menards for gender discrimination and they may have possibly been racist too, since I am also African-American. i wouldn't put it past them.

• Le
    Leah Scott Jan 01, 2010

I had a one night stay at a Econo Lodge in Takoma Park, MD on New Hampshire Ave. The fee was $90.00 for the night. There was no heat, the linen had not been changed and the bathroom was filthy dirty oh and needless to say the toilet paper had mold on it. I made complaints to the front desk and was told I could not change my room. I asked for the manager and was told he wasn't there I left my information for the manager to call and I never received a call. The place was despicable I would not recommend my worst enemy to that place. The foreigners always act as if they don't know what's going on!! Please STAY AWAY FROM ECONO LODGE!!!

• Dr
    Dr Ralph J Sharow Jan 17, 2010

I stayed one night at a motel November 2009: Econo Lodge, 340 Upper Riverdale Road, Jonesboro, GA 30236, [protected]. I was severely hurt by bug bites while sleeping and had to seek emergency medical care the next day. And suffered for the next week. As of January 2010 there has been no resolve. I can only recommend you be very careful where you stay, never place your cloths or suit case on the bed.

• Do
    dontbefooledbyeconolodge May 04, 2010

Nasty Motel Room.
    I had the unexpected pleasure of staying at the Darien Lakes New York Econo Lodge on April 29, 2010 and though they were proud of thir "new carpet", their accodations sucked!
    Very noisy motel. Paper thin walls to where you could hear your neighbor sneeze and ???? Each time someone on the same level flushed the toilet or turned on the bathroom water it sounded like a freight train was coming, as the pumps tried desperately to drag enough water to the 2nd floor for the purpose intended!
    At 3 am the fire alarm went off outside my door. It took some 5 minutes for someone to figure out how to shut if off. I can only imagine if this had been real... the utter hell of frieghtened people, without organization!
    I decided to leave at 4 am as there was no such thing as sleep here!! I proceeded to brush my teeth only to be met with "ugly, brown, hostile" looking water to rinse with! Upon checkout, I told the "customer sevice desk", (and that's debatable) about these issues and not a word was replied. Then I emailed the general manager of the motel and "NOTHING" was the response.
    My advise, DO NOT STAY AT ECONOLODGE IN DARIEN LAKES, NEW YORK, there is a very pleasant, Comfort Inn at the next exit east, just about 5 miles. Well worth the short drive, guranteed!

Sandi Sue Aug 23, 2010

The motel was dirty. The carpet was covered with animal stains. The bathroom was dirty, ring around the camode, there was dirt behind the toilet. I hasn't been updated for a long time. They scammed us out of two payments for the room. Nick, the manager (I think) would not even consider that he collected a payment from Hotels.com and then another from our credit card. He is determined to keep both. We are seniors (husband is 88) and we were too tired from our trip to ask for another room. We did not know that Hotels.com was going to keep our money after a cancellation or we would have not paid again with a coupon.
    Motels.com has someone who doesn't speak good English when you try to cancel and we did not know that they would keep our money. We have now paid twice for a horrible room.
    Both places are scammers.

• RevMarie Dec 19, 2010

I along with a member from our Organization-Jeremiah Ministries.Org we are humanitarians and was lodging at the Econo Lodge Airport 3037 E Van Buren Street, Phoenix Arizona, we lodged there for a period of 13 months and 28 days. As a member of Choice Hotels I called them to get information on my point system, I think they are wonderful, and was informed that I should have a reduced rate. The rate that was quoted was 50.99 at which I was already paying that rate along with taxes. I learned further through the Department of Revenue and the City of Phoenix that the Tax rate that I should have been paying is 2% instead I was being charged 13.27%. I brought this matter to the attention of the General Manager Rakesh (Rick) Bhakta, General Manager and on December 18 he told us we had to leave the hotel, now these people owe me $1, 877.02 in taxes that he has collected for 13 months and 28 days and this man has no intentions of paying this money, so I filed a complaint with the State Attorneys office in hopes that criminal charges will be brought against him, a full scale audit of his books and filings and Fraud charges. Remember if you are in Phoenix Arizona and you stay in a hotel for 30 days or longer you are exempt as a Non Transient customer and that is in the City of Pheonix Maricopa County. If you have ever stayed at the Econo Lodge Airport longer than 30 days and was charged more than 2% notify the State's Attorneys Office immediately you can file your complaint on line.

• Rl
    rluchinske Jan 02, 2011

Never stay at the Econo lodge in Wisconsin Dells.
    We had several aggravating issues with tickets for local attractions (Supposed to be a discount). We were told to go to our room, they would call us when the issues were resolved. After some time I checked to make sure the phone worked, it wasn’t even plugged in. I found the phone jack on the other side of the room, plugged in the phone and it still didn’t work.
    The rest of the stay only got worse. After we went to bed I was awaken by something crawling on my neck. We had Bed bugs! Please don’t ever let this happen to you for a few dollars of savings.
    We will never forget this experience! Plus we had to throw out our pillows and wash all of our cloths that night. I will be posting this on every web site I can find for the rest of my life.

• Pa
    paulamason123 Feb 14, 2011

i went to stay in hotel and i went to the room and when i open the door. a bad odor was there, beer cans on the desk and floor, hotel was freezing cold, bathroom was nasty .. there was pee on seat and floor toilet paper every where .. bed was not made everything was on floor.NASTY NASTY NASTY

• Us
    USMARINE6432 May 27, 2011

Nasty A$$ ROOM!
    My wife and I went to North Charleston SC for the weekend a couple of weeks ago. We ddecided to stay at the Econo Lodge there for a cheaper price. Most of the hotels were booked and outrageous in price. With that said here is a list of how our experience was: The TV did not work, there were no towels, the bathroom was filthy nasty, there were several BOOGERS smeered on the walls, the floor was totally nasty as there were stains and wet spots everywhere to include dirt build up in every corner. We were afraid to walk around without our shoes. Needless to say this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Never again.

• Sh
    shariduhon May 31, 2011

a housekeeper and i was being called names such as a ### and stupid all because he was saying that he had to clean the concrete upstairs... he was also saying that it was our job to clean the mess.

miller5 Jun 02, 2011

My family and I said at the Econo in Pekin Il. I booked these rooms back in March. We had five rooms. My brother and his family had to be moved before they could even get in the room due to it was dirt. The room they were put in had stuff all over the front of the fridge. Plus they were going to wave the pet fee for him and didnt. My sister and her family got charge double for a pet fee. Plus they had to remove hair off thier bed. My parents room had crumbs on the table and bread left from other people and their room was half way cleaned. My room had a broken tolet seat. Most of the pool was closed the hole weekend and that was the main reason I booked at this place. The manager that works there works from 8am to 10pm. No wonder her customer skills were bad. My family and I WILL NEVER stay at this place again and as I have been reading from others I dont think I will ever stay at a Econo again.

• Cr
    craig kiracofe Aug 04, 2011

horrendous last nights stay.loud party going on until 1:00 a.m. desk would not answer phone .guests were in pool past posted hours loud rude disturbing.could not contact any sort of management.3 emails no response

• Nc
    NCone Sep 22, 2011

This complaint is against the Econo Lodge in Leesburge Florida(1308 North 13th St34748)
    I was an employee there for 7 mo. and during that time it was sold to a guy from Canada . We was ask to stay on with him and keep it running .Him not being from America was not aware of the laws of running a business in Florida must less the good old USA. At first he acted as if he was going to comply with the law as well as the rules of the EconoLodge and then thing started getting out of hand ...Not only did this man not pay his employees right and on time but he refused to pay for the thing that it takes to keep the hotel running.At this time he has not paid the EconoLodge for the use of there name (and it is being hurt real bad after you see the condition of this place), When I left he didn't have a health Certificate or a food handlers Lic. nor did he have a occupational Lic. and he did not have the workman comp. posters posted and I'm not sure if he even has workmans comp. on the business..The rooms are full of mold and most of the air conditioners was out or going out.. This is not something you can blame on the people that work there they are doing their best to keep it going the best they can . You as EconoLodge needs to have someone go in there and close this place down it is in real need of a over haul. The people need a job and the place could be a real good hotel but at the rate it is going, it will fall to the ground in about 6 mo. to a year ...

Mitch Proctor May 01, 2012

1. makeup on the towels in the bathroon
    2. coffee pot dirty and had old coffee in it
    3. telephone very sticky, we had to clean it before picking it up
    4. spiders around the room
    5. the picture speaks for itself.

This was the EconoLodge in Lebanon IN. 4/26/12

Mitch Proctor May 01, 2012

1. Makeup on the towels in the bathroom
    2. Coffee pot dirty and had old coffee in it
    3. Telephone very sticky, we had to clean it before picking it up
    4. Spiders around the room
    5. The picture speaks for itself.

This was the Econolodge in Lebanon in. 4/26/12

• Tl
    T Lane May 31, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to see our grand kids and stopped overnight at the E conolodge in Cave City Ky.
    The hotel was off the chart horrible.!!!
    First we had a coupon that said the rm price was going to be $35and newly renovated. They charged $45, some crap about a weekend charge.
    We asked if the room had a fridge micro and we were told yes, only to get to the rm and find that not only were the items requested not there but that the cable had been ripped out of the back of the tv the door had obviously been kicked in before.
    We went to the front desk and asked to switch rooms only to be told, If I need a fridge I could use the employee fridge in the main entrance. Mind you I need the fridge to keep my ice packs for my injured knee frozen.
    They refused to switch rooms for us and were acting very put out by the request. So we asked to refund our $ and we were told NO! Corporate says we cant do that. So we stayed.
    We returned to the Lobby to check local attractions in the area when 4 elderly people were discussing a refund as well. They told the front desk lady, ( who admitted she had no Idea what the policy is on a refund) that they had bed bugs in there room and wanted a refund. So the she called the manager and lied telling the manager the elderly lady was threatening her about calling the police.
    Needless to say the manager came down, very put out and started screaming at the elderly couples telling them HE was gonna call the police.
    The couples left without at refund.
    If this is the corporate way, you can bet I will never stay in another of your hotels and be treated so badly again.
    T Lane

Jackie Ficele Jun 24, 2012

Recently stayed at Billings Econo Lodge and were charged $204.00 for a night because there was a convention in town. Guess they can charge whatever they want for people passing through. As we had been driving all day and were to tired to go on we paid the price. The room was smelly, beds were old and uncomfortable. AI would rate it at a1. On our return trip we stayed in Big Timber a much smalled town at a Super 8 for under $100.00 This room I would rate a 4. Will never stay in another Econo Lodge again. Jackie F

• Ka
    karenprice Aug 21, 2012

i never stay in a place that was as bad as this place . first of all we go to the door and it looks like someone try to kick it it second of all the ceiling tiles were ready to fsll out and some were yellow the walls look like hell patches everywhere was suppost to have a hot tub had a regular tub the outlet was put in the wall with medal brackets i hated staying there it was not worth what i paid i have picture cant load them on here for some reason

• Bi
    binknik Aug 24, 2012

I recently stayed at an Econo lodge in Windsor locks, ct got six flags package for 195.50 checked out, 3 days later have $400 charged to my card. When I checked in there was iron burn on the rug, staff said they were aware, check out call about the charges non-English speaking manager claims iron burn was worse and charged me for new rug!!! I am suiting and furious. Like I would return a rug I'm 34 yrs old with 3 kids!!!

sandra.hector vargas Sep 12, 2012

Im realy upset on the maneger s behavior not only charged for an extra night overly charged with i could get the same thing in the geto motels and not even accomedate for for the inconvenence wow realy lame

• Ly
    Lynne Sebring Oct 31, 2012

While Traveling From Farmville, VA to Camp Lejeune, NC I had car issues, I had my sister who had just had surgery the day before and my 2 year old Granddaughter. The issue with the car was more than the mechanic could fix that day so we had to stay overnight at an Econo Lodge because it was the only hotel in the area. This was in Henderson, NC. The staff was not friendly and there was only one person on at a time. The room was nasty there was newspaper on the floor under the AC because it was leaking the light fixtures and any flat surface had cobwebs and dust all over them, the paint was chipping and scratched all over, words etched in the closet doors, Carpet was filthy and there were broken TV's on the sidewalk outside the rooms. The parking lot looked like the hotel was deserted and there was trash everywhere in the parking lot. the outside of the building needed to be cleaned or repainted and any landscaping needed to cleaned up. When we went to get our "free continental breakfast" at 8:30 we had to ask for coffee to be made and then he only made enough for one cup and acted like I was asking for the world. This was a bad situation for us already and was made worse by this experience. I will never use this facility again and will never recommend Econo Lodge to anyone. After sending my complaint in the corporate office never even contacted me, that leaves me to believe they don't care how they are represented.

• Kemps Apr 13, 2013

I enjoy going to hotels and making sweet love to my girl. We have a great time and neither of us care that we get our juice all over the beds and furniture because it's not our room. We are leaving our DNA for the next sucker who stays there. Your welcome and have a sticky day.

• St
    Stinkey65 Jan 13, 2014

Stayed at an econo lodge in Columbus Ohio on i-70 exit 94 . Worst ever hotel experience in my life. Relaxing in my beat up dirty, everything broken hotel room, when get a phone call from front desk saying there was a radon leak in the hotel, instructed us to break the window the fire department was on its way..did as instructed..just a prank that cost me 200 bucks..girl at the front desk was rude said we should of called the desk..how were we to know. We weren't already talking to them..she didnt want the police called. Same scam was ran on 3 other couples that evening also..customer support no help..also very rude. So dont stay there ..ever...if you do you may need a lawyer..and it's sad you can't trust people what if an actual emergency were happening..

• St
    Stinkey65 Jan 13, 2014

Customer relations for choice hotels needs customer relations..was just as rude as the people in the econo lodge in Columbus Ohio..I have notified the Ohio better business bureau ..that will take some time ..this is rediculious embarrassing and degrading. If anyone knows of anything that can be done to avoid this for other people...

• Pp
    ppierce62505 Mar 10, 2014

I reserved two rooms at the Econolodge in Perry, Fl this weekend. Not only are the rooms nasty and smelly with beds like a sheet of plywood, WE HAD NO HOT WATER!!! The front desk tells us, I am sorry, everyone must be waking up at the same time getting a shower! Are you $hitting me!!! What was the reason the next night???? Everyone going to bed at the same time? And why advertise free breakfast when all you have is Orange Juice that was gone bad! NEVER EVER EVER EVER STAY HERE!!!

• Ti
    tinaolsz May 25, 2014

So normally I would wait till after my trip to write a review but at this point I am so beyond disgusted with this stay at the Virginia Beach Econolodge that I need to just get it all out now. We got here to check in at 4:15 with reservations already made, since check in was 3:00 that gave them and hour and 15 minutes to make sure there was a room ready. After telling the front desk girl that we had a reservation she told us there wasn't any of the rooms available that we had reserved (king bed, no smoking). Then proceeded to get a walkie talkie and scream to a house keeper about what rooms they did have available. After about 20 minutes I decided to just ask what they had and go for whatever was available which was a room with 2 single beds for my husband and I. Well heres what I get for trying to be the nice girl... we get a room with a broken ac, by the time we get back from dinner our room was roasting, the owner who is now downstairs working the front desk finally decided to send someone to look at it (after 15 minutes of convincing her it was even broken) so now its 11:30 at night and the maintenance guy has no clue what to do. We are out our money cause according to the owner we accepted the room (nice girls finish last...) and so then at MIDNIGHT we finally get a room with a working ac... I don't even know what else to say, but seriously, stay away!!!

michelleann1973 Jul 19, 2014

Disgusting, over priced, and unAmerican”

Booked this through Booking.com features included cable tv and breakfast. Pulling into the parking lot, which was packed with people going to the Jimmy Buffett Concert nearby, which is why we booked the hotel as well...at $180.00 a night, the first thing I noticed was an American flag on a pole that must have been there for years, ripped to shreds. I looked at the name of the owner, which was Patel, which to me reflected how this owner felt about our country. The dead flowers in the flower pots looked like they had been there from last year, and the grounds were overgrown. Went into the lobby, rang the bell 4 times, other guests lined up behind us, and finally someone came out. Our room smelled of a musty mold, curtains were drawn, room was outdated, a blue tub with the shower pipe barely hanging on the wall. Tried the tv, which the power button was broken, so you had to use the remote to turn it on, which had no working batteries in it. Called the desk, and she said she would send someone...but never did. $180.00 to sleep 8 hours was a little much...taking advantage of concert goers. But breakfast was included...so in the morning went to the breakfast room...NO one was there which should have been our first indication that this too was a sham...no juices in the juice machine, coffee machine was unplugged, cereal available but no milk to put on it, and outdated yogurt in the mini refrigerator.. AND of course NO one answered the bell at the front desk.

• BookingcomTeam Jul 20, 2014

Hello MichelleAnn,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I would like to investigate your complaint with the hotel. Can you please provide your Booking.com confirmation number? Alternatively, please send an email to "customer.[protected]@booking.com" referencing this post.

Regards,
    Brian
    Booking.com Customer Service Team

• Ro
    Room check in Jul 19, 2015

My family and I recently took a road trip from New Jersey to Williamsburg, VA when we got to the Econo Lodge and Suites to check in the manager on duty Vinny could not find my reservation that I had made through hotels.com. After about 40 minutes of back and forth with a rep from hotels.com and the manager on duty Vinny I finally got a room. When we entered the room it had a basement like smell, the furniture was dusty, the towels had hair on them and what took us over the edge was blood stains on the bed sheets. The manager and housekeepping both came to the room and heard our complaints. I tried to get my money back but the manager refused to refund my card. I will never ever recommend this place to anybody.

• Se
    serge abidal Sep 02, 2015

Adventure to Vicksburg or how smell like a smoker when your not a smoker

I was very impatient to get to Vicksburg. Step down my bag in the hotel and drive to downtown then historical places where my priorities.

Well, it turns out to be another story. Fellow me.

I enter Vicksburg econo lodge front desk saying “hello, how are you doing today ?”, silence !! 5 seconds latter and louder I send “HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY ??”, still the only thing I hear is silence.

30 seconds latter the person behind the desk (yes there is someone) takes plenty of time to tell me “I just can’t talk to you I’m too busy doing what I’am I doing”. It seems that at that precise time, counting the money where more important than answer a customer that is saying “hi, I happy to spent my dollar in your hotel”.

1 or 2 minutes latter, she decides it was time to take care of the costumer (me of course, still without any welcome), by complaining about the fact that the postal address attached to the credit card that has been used to book the room does not match my own address.

(I’m not fortunate enough to get a second home in Los Angeles), I’m only a stranger having some holiday in the US with a prepaid room from AmericaTours international and Instructions on the Voucher are very clear :

Bill room & tax to: AmericanTours International, LLC 6053 west Century Boulevards, Los Angeles CA 90045.

This person started to get very irritated, be unpleasant and calling the name of JESUS, as if I where responsible of her incapability to understand the situation.

At the end I get my room key, leave the desk and try to forget and forgive for that bad day. However, It doesn’t take too much time to realize that something was wrong with the room. It smells very very bad. Guess what, it was a room for smoker.

I saw red in my eyes, someone must be responsible for this. I catch the key, run toward the front desk. The Miss was not there anymore, instead a younger men kindly change the room number.

I don’t known why this person (the Miss), has reacted that way, when I enter the front desk. How could someone working at this position be so arrogant and so rude. At best it is unprofessional, here it is intentional too.

Let recap :
    acte one : a very unpleasant person doesn’t take the time to welcome costumer
    acte two : an incompetent person try to make you responsible of her incompetence
    acte three : this same person takes decisions for you without costumer agreement.

This is my fourth time to the US, and the worst thing that hapend to me.

There is only one conclusion, this person don’t like black people, (yes I’am black) and I refuse to give one penny to a company with employees like Miss Tommie H. that practice racism. I refuse to let other fall into that trap.

BTW : Adding a drop of yellow liquid into an ocean of water won’t make called Orange juice in any way.