Menu

complaints

Ecoline Windows Calgary Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Ecoline Windows Calgary's perfect complaints resolution rate, you can expect exemplary service. However, it's beneficial to read beyond the numbers. Explore detailed customer reviews to understand the context behind their success. Familiarize yourself with the full range of services offered by Ecoline Windows Calgary and prepare clear communication for any interactions. Keeping a personal record of your dealings will help you navigate their services effectively and ensure your satisfaction with their performance.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ecoline Windows Calgary has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ecoline Windows Calgary. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Ecoline Windows Calgary complaints 16

Sort by:

Newest Ecoline Windows Calgary complaints

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary In early August one of our sliding windows completely fell out without being touched

In early August one of our sliding windows completely fell out without being touched. All the windows in our home are less than 5 years old and were installed by Ecoline. I have tried repeatedly to get help from Ecoline to repair the window. I was told they no longer use that particular brand so I would need to contact the manufacturer directly to get parts, but the manufacturer is in *** and will not ship directly to me. I eventually found a way to get the parts, and paid Ecoline a service fee to have them come out and inspect/attempt to repair the window but they were unable to do much. Their service tech told me the window is damaged from falling out and likely unrepairable, which appears to be caused by poor installation (there are 2 other windows in the house with installation issues). I had another window company come and look and they agreed it looks like poor installation and will likely have to be completely replaced.I have phoned Ecoline almost weekly for months now (it is December) to get some help, and they will not respond or assist me. Their website clearly states that they warranty labour and their windows (https://www.ecolinewindows.ca/warranty/), but they are refusing to deal with my issue. I just want a working window.

Read full review of Ecoline Windows Calgary and 3 comments

3 comments
B
B
B. Watsica
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We had our windows replaced by Ecoline Windows and Doors Calgary. After our windows were replaced we had our blind installers come to install the blinds and it was determined that the front window was bowed in a number of places. We contacted Ecoline and they had repair people come out, they drilled some holes in the casing of the window but we're unable to fix the problem. We contacted them again and twice they sent out individuals who advised there was nothing they could do. We are getting the run around and they're saying now there's no possible way for them to do anything until April next year because of the weather. Yet the problem is with the interior of the windows, not the exterior. It is difficult to get their service department to get them to call us back. They hang up on us when we call and we have to use other people's cell phones with unrecognizable numbers for them to answer our calls.

T. Beer
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Weeks have turned into months and still no answers. Over and over my replies are met with your Items are in back order and we had to lose contractors and planned Renos all because Ecoline Windows promised they would be installing in April and now its almost July1st. My family is beyond mad and we are paying for storage units that are now holding our hardwood flooring and carpet that was supposed to be installed after the windows and doors.We have three sliders and one front door with window attached. Im sad about this, and on the phone when I asked months ago, Will it be delayed months and months? He said, Definitely not, more like a couple weeks.Now I realized he was lying and I feel really stupid. We paid well over *** deposit, and now the price for storage.

Z
Z
Z. Jast
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ecoline sold and installed new windows for me in my house in June . The warranty of 25 years on the windows that they offered formed part of my decision to buy from them as opposed to other companies.In May 2022 I discovered that one of the custom windows they manufactured and installed has a crack that started in the top left side.I informed them and request a replacement or repair under warranty.They informed me that Ecoline's warranty was updated after my contract and now excluded crack later than a year from installation and I have to pay for a new window of $775 +GST +They admit that the exclusion clause was introduced to their warranties after my contract was signed in 2015.A few e-mail interactions with their services department did not resolve the situation - (see uploaded documents),On 13 July I called Ecoline and spoke with the acting services manager ***, who confirmed to me on phone call that Ecoline management will not honor the warranty on my contract.Based on legal advice I got, my understanding is that a warranty is part of a contract and cannot be changed unilaterally.I don't feel it is right that I have to pay for a defect that is covered by the warranty I purchased - please help / advise.

L
Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary Ecoline Windows installed 9 windows and 2 doors for me in April

Ecoline Windows installed 9 windows and 2 doors for me in April. 3 of them are open in the wrong direction. One of them is not openable. I have talked to them with emails and phone calls to raise the issues many times, but the service team refused to fix the issues.The salesman, ***, came to my house at the beginning. He designed all the windows in the same direction. I questioned him about this, but he said there is no problem. He said the company will give us 25 years warranty. If anything is wrong, they will replace it with new windows. With this promise, I accepted the company as the contractor. However, I found the windows are installed in the wrong direction when it is installed and ask them to fix the issues, they said they can only fix the window, which is not openable. They will not fix other two windows. If I don't accept this proposal, they will not do anything for me.Their logic is that they followed the contract. The fact is that I have no idea about the window technical function and open mechanism as a consumer. The contract only means that I accept the contractor's price and warranty. The company shall be responsible for the function of the window.I hope Complaintsboard.com can help me asking this company to be responsible and fix the issues they created.Thanks!

Read full review of Ecoline Windows Calgary and 1 comment

1 comment
G. Hartmann
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Had a consult and agreement in August to purchase and install three windows from Ecoline with estimated install November/December . Production delays install scheduled for January 2022. Installers showed up with only two windows. Ecoline said the *** is missing and may be lost in a warehouse. They lost the window and put it back into production queue. Presently we still do not have the *** installed and Ecoline has no ETA for completion. Over the last four months we get the same message with no ETA. We asked for a refund and they refused. We were required to pay for all windows upfront on the day of install in January 2022. Windows are paid in full and we are no closer to getting the *** installed. The messaging from multiple emaiks and phone calls with Ecoline line is be patient and well get back to you. We just want this to be resolved with a refund of the *** and looking for assistance to resolve this and hopefully no one else goes through this

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary We have a contract with Ecoline Windows for the installation of several windows, sliding glass doors and a main entry door

We have a contract with Ecoline Windows for the installation of several windows, sliding glass doors and a main entry door. The total value of the contract is $44400. There are two issues that have risen. First, the *** Act requires that we retain 10% of the contract until the work is completed, then released after it is verified that their are no liens. Ecoline insists on all funds upfront before completing the work. When I made it clear I was not prepared to do that, they agreed to us withholding 10% until the work was complete. The work is not complete and they are now insisting on the remaining 10% before they finish the work. As I agreed and as the *** Act requires, the balance of funds will be forwarded once the work is complete. The second issue is that they cancelled the initial instillation date at the last moment, after I had already arranged to have the day off work to be at home when the installers arrived. *** While we accept accidents happen, we do not accept that the impact of that mistake falls on us ***. I needed to take an additional day off to be here when the installers were working.

Hide full review

Is Ecoline Windows Calgary legit?

Our verdict: Ecoline Windows Calgary has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Ecoline Windows Calgary's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Ecoline Windows Calgary can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Ecoline Windows Calgary earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Ecoline Windows Calgary achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Ecoline Windows Calgary resolved 100% of 16 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Ecoline Windows Calgary has received 9 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Ecolinewindows.ca has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Ecoline Windows Calgary website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Ecolinewindows.ca has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Ecolinewindows.ca you are considering visiting, which is associated with Ecoline Windows Calgary, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Ecolinewindows.ca regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Ecoline Windows Calgary.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Ecolinewindows.ca has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The ecolinewindows.ca may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Ecoline Windows Calgary protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • This website appears to offer a link shortening service. Scammers may also use shortened links to make malicious or fraudulent websites appear more legitimate or to hide the true destination of a link. Therefore, it's important to exercise caution when clicking on shortened links, particularly if they come from an untrusted or unfamiliar source.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Ecoline Windows Calgary. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary We purchased four Ecoline Windows to replace our basement windows that were original to the house

We purchased four Ecoline Windows to replace our basement windows that were original to the house. Work Order Number: 0-*** Windows were installed February 19.We did not see any immediate issues with the windows upon installation, however, in the first few weeks following, we noticed a significant draft. Examining closely, there are visible open spaces in the bottom corners of each of the windows (two in each window) visible in the photos. Wind can be felt on cold days and the windows ice up. We first contacted Ecoline within weeks of installation and they responded on March 23 saying they would replace the weather stripping on the windows. By the time they came out, the winter weather was gone and they said there was nothing wrong. We continued to follow up, multiple times, and they came out again this winter (a year after installation). They tried weather stripping on one of the four windows, which did nothing, and they again said there is nothing they can do. We have sent photos of the windows with the openings clearly visible and the ice all around the windows. On March 23, 2022 we received an email saying: "We have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that can be done. Everything is fine with the windows and the installation." Obviously this is not resolved and we would like the windows repaired or replaced. Photos attached.

Read full review of Ecoline Windows Calgary and 1 comment

1 comment
H. Murazik
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

September we hired Ecoline to replace 9 windows in our home. February the windows arrived and were installed, however the master bedroom window was incorrect and could not be done. We were told they would order a replacement and we paid the *** in full. Over the past 9 months Ecoline has contacted us 4 separate times to say the window has arrived and each time either they sent another incorrect window or they cancelled the install appointment, on the day it was scheduled to be completed, saying the window was once again incorrect and had to be reordered. This last time, November , they called ahead to promise us that the window had arrived and been checked, it 100% was ready to go. Today, install day, they called us 2 hours after they were to arrive to tell us that once again the window was wrong and they couldnt install. As always it was someone from customer service who had no other information and we need to wait for someone in Management to get back to us. Again, the initial issue was February , this is the 4th time over 9 months. The invoice has already been paid, they do not seem concerned.

Ecoline Windows Calgary 10 windows installed end of August

10 windows installed end of August. Service out to look at installation issue as recommended by Project Manager. September 4 Service person noted on his report that he fixed as he could and to be fixed properly, window should be reinstalled. I asked about the slight curve at the top of the large kitchen window and he recommended I have someone inspect the installation as there is "wave" happening around the casing on more than one window. September 5, emailed Project Manager to request a call to resolve this issue. September 6, Project Manager emails to say he will have someone contact me. September 8, email came to confirm closure of service issue. I call to say that it had not been resolved and to please have someone call to book an inspection. No call or contact. September 22 I emailed to request a call. September 23, I called and the person I needed to speak to was "Not available" per receptionist. Left message with receptionist to have a call back. September 24, called at 9:30am and was on hold and then voicemail came on to leave a message. Left a message. Called again at 5:13 pm. Same hold message and voicemail. Did not leave a message. I have no idea what is going on, what can be fixed, if the installation issue is serious and will affect the life of the windows. Also, because windows were installed by professionals, I do expect the installation to look professional.

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary On July 27, I entered into a contract with ecoline windows to replace my bathroom window and put in a new window in my dining room

On July 27, I entered into a contract with ecoline windows to replace my bathroom window and put in a new window in my dining room. On January 14, 2022, the company came to install my windows and did not complete the interior work in compliance with a building permit requirement that needed the city inspector to see the structural work before closing the walls. City inspector found that vapour barrier is not to code. Also, the manner in which vapour barrier was installed was not to acceptable as a continuous seal had not been made by the contractor. Upon examining the installation the next day (with daylight), I was shocked to see the quality of work that had been done. The j strips of the bathroom window were very mangled, with the top piece completely missing, thereby not keeping out moisture. The living room windows had j strips not cut properly to size and big gobs of caulking to fill large 3/4 gaps. The *** at the top does not span the length of the window. As a result, I called the *** to complain. He assured me that the job is not complete. As far as I know, the company is only returning to complete the interior of the home (drywall). The outside is a mess. I stopped payment on my cheque as the company requires full payment before doing the work. Now they refuse to complete the work. I do not have any issue with payment, but I need to see that the job is done with some workmanship. I want them to finish the job properly, make fixes to the original work. I will pay when job is complete.

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary Ordered and Install 3 doors through Ecoline Calgary 0n 10/05/

Ordered and Install 3 doors through Ecoline Calgary 0n 10/05/. Cost $*** plus GST ***, paid required deposit $*** 10/05. On 24/09, 2 doors were installed only as Installers had wrong Aluminum Storm Door and had to return at later date. Prior to installation we were billed the balance of $*** of which had to be paid before any installation was to occur. On 08/10 Installers returned with wrong Aluminum Storm Door ordered and installed it anyway and stated They were only the installers, contact office with concerns. When I got home sent Phone Complaints and Text messages to both Sales Rep. *** and Calgary Office, stating the problem of this matter, as well as to the quality of craftmanship at installation. We were left not only the wrong door, but the Lock did not work, the door did not seat properly and would not seal on top, bottom or left side. Please see *** photos taken on 08/10. Mr. texted back and said it will be reported to Service, as well *** texted back the same message of forwarding to Services, of which we still have not heard back for any resolution. Tired of waiting, and no response from Ecoline, I engaged *** to square up the door and eliminate the gaps and set a proper seal around the door costing us $*** (***() only to learn that this door is twisted and cant be set properly. Sent another text msg on their site yesterday 12/10, and no response. I have tried too many times to get satisfaction, and no one is contacting us with a resolution, hence this complaint to Complaintsboard.comC.

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary In April 12 we have a quote from saleslady *** from company Ecoline Windows to full replace 19 windows and patio door

In April 12 we have a quote from saleslady *** from company Ecoline Windows to full replace 19 windows and patio door for the price of $*** contract #*** invoice #***.In Sept 09 2021 they came to install but need full payment from us because they said company policy .We are very upset when they installed with poor workmanship as windows in bathroom is smaller than what they coded for (we paid window 34x34 they installed window 33x33 etc..) and patio door was installed without brickmold outside as coded for by saleslady in contract. She is not quite honest anyway and refused to explain what for in contract and refused refund. Now Apri 19 2022 the contract is still not finish as 4 windows are still not finished inside and patio door still no brickmold .We called and email them so many times and they keep responds that waiting for parts to come (4 months so far)We don't know why they have A+ with Complaintsboard.com and our warning that new customers watch out this company.(they are not honest and difficult in conversation) Please help us ( we are seniors ) to deal with this company and resolve the problem in finishing 4 windows and 1 patio door as we paid for in contract #***.We will spend same money or more to take them to court with help from lawyer for breach of contract and for our distress . We can accept smaller windows in the past even they charged us bigger windows but misconduct to senior customers like us is very bad .They can refund us what left over if they can not get parts but not keep saying waiting for parts due to covid and supply problem *** customer id#*** invoice #

C

Ecoline Windows Calgary Unfinished work and constantly getting hung up on

Unfinished work and constantly getting hung up on. (This is for the *** store)I ordered my windows in July this year. I was verbally told my windows would be installed end of October to early November. I was ok with that, I gave my deposit and signed the contract. I waited around until October, heard nothing, so I contacted the phone number for serving ***/*** area. I was told it would be end of November to beginning of December. It was a few extra weeks, but whatever. I got my phone call towards the end of November and got a date for installation for November 30 to December 1. They came and installed most of the windows. The incompleted work was to seal the outside of the windows, and the large bay window out front. The workers said it was too cold to install that window, so told me to call the office to rebook on a nicer day. So I looked at the forecast and called later that afternoon, after the workers left for the day. I said the following Sunday was looking nice and asked if they can be available for then. I was told that they don't work weekends, and to wait another time. I waited the weekend and saw the forecast looked nice on Thursday and Friday, so I called on a Monday to see if we can book in that time. The lady on the phone said she would contact the workers and get back to me. She never did. I tried calling again the next day, five times, and each time when it came to my turn in the cue, they hung up on me. They had been screening my phone calls and will not answer my calls. Now I have unfinished work and it is delaying me in my own life, because I plan on listing my home and move to somewhere that has far better service for my *** son. I just want it done already!

Ecoline Windows Calgary Sadly, we have had numerous issues with Ecoline

Sadly, we have had numerous issues with Ecoline. This is focusing on the last issue that needs to be resolved. Ecoline installed a new window in our back wall. It was not a replacement. See *** pictures. The installer knew the window would be close to the light. He talked to my wife about it. My wife said just as long is it does not interfere with the light. In other words, move it to the one side so it does not interfere with the light. this was not done. In the *** pictures under "ecoline issue pic 2" you can see how they dealt with the light during install. They actually notched the trim to make a space for the light base. That does not look professional. I complained and they came back to fix the issue. what did they do to fix it? They bought longer light mounting studs for the powerbox and then re*** the light to the box at a bit of an angle just to get it out of the way of the trim. This is unacceptable. So, what happens if I need to (and I will be) change that light and the light base is different? Am I now expected to "notch" the new trim to make the new light fit? or am I stuck with this light for life because of this window? All I asked was to have the light moved. I was told in the latest *** email "Unfortunately Ecoline is not responsible for moving electrical wires and can not do this." They are the ones who made the error so they need to correct it. I asked Ecoline to have an electrician to come out and move it. it is mounted on the outside of the wall and the siding/Styrofoam insulation was put around it. This is not a big job. Even if it was, I am not sure how this error would be the responsibility of the homeowner. This needs to be corrected or I will persue this matter further.

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary We think Ecoline Windows has misrepresented to us from the outset, their ability and expertise in being able to install this product

We think Ecoline Windows has misrepresented to us from the outset, their ability and expertise in being able to install this product. We hired them to install new double entry doors as well as a new double retractable screen door. The installation was scheduled for Jan 19, 2021 at which time they installed the doors but were: unable to finish the outside of the doors, they could not install the screen door at all, stating that it had been made the incorrect size, and we expressed concerns regarding the quality of the finishing on the window casings in the doors. Ecoline returned to our home on Feb 12 with the promise of mitigating all 3 concerns. No concerns were addressed during this visit. the explanation given was that the outside pieces were the wrong size, the screen was the wrong size and the screw plugs the wrong color. Ecoline returned a third time on Mar 1. This time they finished the outside of the door, told us they weren't addressing our concerns about the window casing plugs and inadequately installed the screen door. It was brought to their attention before they left that the screen was coming out of the frame, hanging loose with holes at the top. The installer took pictures and commented that he didn't know why it was doing that. A 4th appointment was booked -- informing us that the screen door producer would video call in with the installer to walk them through how to fix the issues. We have lost confidence in their knowledge and ability to adequately complete this work. They have not delivered and installed the product within the 30days stipulated in the contract and we want to cancel our contract and receive a refund for the screen portion. We informed them of this on 03/08. Ecoline has declined our request. Additionally, our contract is not itemized and Ecoline will not tell us the value of the screen installation.

C
Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary Ordered 14 windows May 18; paid deposit at time of order and then balance due before installation Paid balance Sept 16/17th Thirteen

Ordered 14 windows May 18; paid deposit at time of order and then balance due before installation Paid balance Sept 16/17th Thirteen Windows installed Sept 20/21st. There have been a number of issues with the install, but these are the ones still outstanding:i) They damaged the parging around all 4 basement windows. Their repair attempt was sub-par. I had to bring in a parging company to seal the windows to prevent damage through the winter. I will need to bring the parging company back in the spring to fix the parging. I have told them about this and they haven't even acknowledged the complaint.ii) Two basement windows were installed without flashing. When I pointed this out, I was told that they weren't required to install flashing on new windows if the old ones didn't have it. Odd response from them. Generally speaking, you should do the install correctly. Windows need flashing or rain/moisture runs in and damages the window and the surrounding structure.iii) Four of the new windows upstairs have moisture accumulation. They told me to 'turn down my humidifier'. This is not the issue and I let them know that we don't have a humidifier on our furnaces and further, the other windows do not have moisture accumulation. It's an issue with the installation of these particular windows.A guy was sent out for a service call on Oct 26th. He turned up and did absolutely nothing.Asked for a different guy to be sent out. New guy turns up on Nov 2nd. He's the one suggesting the moisture accumulation in normal and that they are not responsible for installing flashing on the basement windows.A guy in their service department left a message last week, week of Nov 1st. I have called him three times since and it appears I'm being put on ignore. Here's what I'm looking for: 1) Reimbursement for parging costs (current and those expected in the spring); 2) Leaking windows fixed and 3) Flashing installed on the basement windows.

A
Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary I do not know where Ecoline production or accounts office is as I deal with them through emails

I do not know where Ecoline production or accounts office is as I deal with them through emails.I contacted them from online ad and a sales rep came to my house in Edm. Original contract Oct 19 2021 for custom blinds and installation *** & I made *** deposit.Changed contract to remove installation Dec 8: Blinds ***. Balance *** paid on pickup Called cust serv to pick up blinds at Edm showroom Dec 20. No one was in showroom so I went to the back where the warehouse is. There the employee took my paperwork and cheque for balance. I watched him retrieve my blinds in the WAREHOUSE where they were propped upright against a pillar. Then he moved to wall by his desk where they slid twice once hitting a metal box on the desk, then claimed he had to call to check my payment About 20 min later he ushered me out of the warehouse and into the showroom. A few minutes later he brought blinds out, had me sign a paper I received and carried and placed blinds in my vehicle.When I got home opened the blinds from the BOTTOM, discovered no cardboard protection...only the thin plastic bag and some thin bubble wrap. The PLASTIC CASEMENT for the blinds was dented in approx middle & directly behind the dent was a slit in the blinds.Contacted Ecoline via email and received the following replies:1. This has never happened before and therefore very unlikely Blinds are wrapped, protected and sealed off from warehouse 2. likely we slit the blinds "if the plastic part was damaged with blinds were dropped there would be zero questions asked" Blinds can be replaced for *** (plastic part was dented in middle of blind...we opened from bottom not )I witnessed blinds stored in warehouse and CARELESSLY handled. I do not know if perhaps the blinds were slit in their production or shipping process. The plastic casement was dented. They were not wrapped well. I feel like Ecoline has taken my money, provided a damaged product & does not believe me.

Ecoline Windows Calgary I ordered a patio door and financed through ***

I ordered a patio door and financed through ***. The door finally came and was installed January 25. I went to look at door installation and noticed that the bottom kick lock wasn't working and that they had reused my old trim and didn't fit so there was unpainted drywall showing around door on inside.I emailed Ecoline and also spoke with the sales man, who assured me that the service department would follow up and fix the problems. On Jan 23rd the service men came to the house, my one tenant let them . Once they had completed the service men asked my tenant to sign off on an agreement saying work was satisfactory and asked her to etransfer the money for the door. My tenant called me and I said no, I have too see the work and sign the form since it is my house. I just had foot surgery and couldn't get over to the house to look at door and sign form. I then received a call from Ecoline windows saying I needed to sign the form. I told them I just had surgery and can't drive that I could go look at house Feb 2 and sign the form. He said he a note was put on my file. Then I received another call from a woman asking if I could sign the form and send an etransfer to ecoline. I told her I had just spoken to another pain and then explained that I couldn't drive to go see the door or sign form. When I get over to the house Feb 2nd to look at door I would then send the form. And as for an etransfer I told her I was set to make payments. The woman said not a problem and emailed the form. Not 5 minutes later I got a call from a *** from Ecoline. He started accusing me of refusing to pay for the door. Which is false. I explained my foot surgery & inability to get to my house to look at the door. *** kept telling me to just sign off on it and send an etransfer. Which I said no I want to see the repairs and I am making payments to *** who will pay Ecoline. He then *** to put a lean on my house. He was pushy and ***.

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary To start, I am getting no customer service from this organization

To start, I am getting no customer service from this organization. On September 17, I contacted the business through the service request form which, after submission, promises a very quick response to this issue. Ideally, a service request would provide an associated ticket number. In this case, it does not, and it is quite obvious, the organization receives "service requests" by email which they can choose to reply to or not. It is now September 29th and I have had no reply to the service request. This was followed up with a phone call the next day to "***" who advised that I would receive a follow up from the salesman within a couple of days. It is now September 29th and after twice communicated to get a basic level of customer service, I have had no response and do not want to have to continually chase to get a basic level of service. Now, the issue. Approximately 2-3 years ago we had Ecoline windows installed throughout our entire house. Although late in the day and after living with paper blinds to lone time it has come to my attention that one of my arched windows and a partially arched window do not have headers while the original wood windows had. Being that I now intend finally to put blinds on these particular windows and due to the size of the windows I have been advised that headers may be required. That being said, it obviously did not occur to me that the windows in question could require headers at the time of installation, why would it. In consideration and fairness as it relates to the above comments, it is my understanding that arched windows sometimes do not have these headers installed (although my original ones did). As well as the fact it has been 2/3 years since installation I am not necessarily going to call this a warranty issue. My phone call with "***" immediately sluffed off, and to paraphrase, that "you signed off on the installation at the time", but promised to forward my issue to the salesman after coaxing. I had no reply.

Ecoline Windows Calgary has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ecoline Windows Calgary On April 1 we signed the contract on and put down a deposit of $***

On April 1 we signed the contract on and put down a deposit of $***.On June 10 we got out windows installed.On June 10 we made the final payment of $***.During installation and after we noticed some issues, which I emailed Ecoline about right away. These issues are as follows:Upstairs bathroom window was ordered incorrectly - Ecoline ordered a clear window instead a frosted glass (Silvet Frosting)Main Master Bedroom Window Handle: The handle doesn't close properly. The installers noticed it and we need a replacement. We did have a service member come out on June 15 to replace or fix it and we were told "this is just how it is" which is not the case as the left side window handle closes properly. It has been left as it and we've been dealing with it as it.Locks: Two of our windows have the lock position going up, whereas the rest of the windows have the lock position going down. I was finally able to discuss this with a service member saying these two windows need to have the lock position going down and I was told "Unfortunately that's how the windows come but that's a great idea to make sure they lock in the correct position, I will let the correct people know about this idea so maybe they can do this going forward." I am NOT happy with this answer and, again, would like to have these two windows lock the same way the rest of the windows lock.Windows Installed in the Incorrect Hole: Our two spare bedrooms upstairs have the wrong window in the wrong hole; meaning I am unhappy with which way the windows open in those rooms. The other windows in the incorrect hole is our basement windows. We were lucky to catch this while they were installing but I am VERY unhappy to not have been asked about this before they installed. If I ordered these windows a certain way then I expect them to be put in a certain way. I should be asked or there should be better instructions for your installation team with what was discussed in the sales.

Read full review of Ecoline Windows Calgary and 8 comments

8 comments
Natasha Lir
Sep 24, 2023 1:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We had Ecoline windows come in and replace all of the windows in our house. They were super professional and we love the work they did. The windows look fabulous and we are looking forward to all of the money they will save us with heat costs in the winter and cooling costs in the summer. Thank you Ecoline for taking such good care of our house.

Dayna Moritz
Calgary, CA
Sep 24, 2023 12:59 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Had Nick and his crew out to install our windows and they were great! On time, Professional, Polite, Cleaned everything up, and inspected and showed everything to us, explained everything we needed to know about the product and their work. Would definitely recommend them to anyone needing windows and doors,

Homer S
Sep 09, 2023 3:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ecoline Windows look great and was easy! The quote was thorough and accurate. The installation was quick and clean. The windows look bigger (they are not) and are easy to open and close.

J
J
Julie Rob
Sep 09, 2023 4:07 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We replaced all our windows (12) and patio doors. The team is very professional and the product is high quality. Special thank you to Vitalii (Project Manager), who was knowledgeable and helpful, and the staff and the installation team did a great job.

Best regards

View 0 more photos
E
E
Eleanora Mottresu
Sep 03, 2023 12:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Professional quick installation, very good quality windows. After replacing the old windows with EcoLine windows, energy efficiency of the house increased significantly. We're very happy with the quality of the windows and the quality of installation.

Dayna Moritz
Calgary, CA
Aug 30, 2023 8:55 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The install was quick and they helped point us in the right direction for filing a greener homes grant. The cost came in lower than we anticipated and we were very happy with the end result.

View 0 more photos
Merdith Claiborne
Aug 29, 2023 2:59 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The installation process was decently smooth and organized. The contractors who arrived made good progress on the windows but did chip off some paint on two of the installations. Overall a good service despite the paint.

Sonni Ramesh
Aug 22, 2023 11:13 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We purchased a house and replaced some of the windows. Ecoline Windows in Saskatoon was terrific. Ecoline Windows look great and getting them was easy! The quote was thorough and accurate. The installation was quick and clean. The windows look bigger (they are not) and are easy to open and close.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Ecoline Windows Calgary contacts