Ecoin - New Station, Singaporemisleading and dishonest practice

E Jun 27, 2019

CASE Singapore received many complaints against the hair saloon Ecoin in the past. They reinvented themselves by changing their name from Ecoin to New Station and continued their dishonest ways of getting customers. I don't understand why they are allowed to continue to run their operation when it was clear that their victims included our senior citizens.

I'm writing this because of I am a recent victim. This time at the Bedok Branch. They have people stationed outside their saloon announcing to people about a $5 haircut without making effort to make clear the condition attached to it. When I walked in they ushered me in in a very friendly way, made me sit down and had a hair dresser attend to me immediately. At this point, who would ask questions about a $5 hair cut?

At the end of it, then they told me that the $5 per hair cut is for member, for non-member it was $10. This was done after my hair cut. When I had no choice they further said that there was another condition which was that the $5 is for a package valued at $50.

When I refused the package, they showed their displeasure on their faces making it a very unpleasant experience.