eCampus.comFraud and scam

K

I sold a book to ecampus for 37.00 dollars. It said allow 4-6 weeks for a check to be sent. My book was received 1/20/2009 and today's date is 3/3/2009. I looked on their website and my buyback report says that the book has been received and is in good condition. Yet, no check has been printed. Your telling me that they have had my book since 1/20/2009 and its in good condition and still no check has been sent to me yet. I emailed them today also asking when they are going to send my check, I got this response, 'Your buyback was received on 1/20 please allow six weeks for your check to be sent. Guess tomorrow will be six weeks, and one day, and counting. Do not, Do not, Do not send your books to ecampus. Ill update you, when or if i get my check.

mamamonica1973 Mar 31, 2014

I returned a book I had rented from them and they tried to charge me for the book. They told me that it was water damaged. It was not when I returned it. I never even used the book so there was no wear and tear from me at all. The book was returned the same way I received it. I disputed the charge with my bank and I called Ecampus to complain. Waiting to see what their response will be. They call pull this scam on anyone! Never shop there again!

• La
    laek Apr 08, 2009

Same here. They received my shipment on 2/12/09. Tomorrow will be 8 weeks and nothing. Their customer service people won't even answer some questions I have. They just tell me it's going to take an additional two to four weeks to get my check. It's totally a scam.

• Jm
    jmbullis Apr 03, 2009

http://www.lexington.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=14005012, FYI

• Jm
    jmbullis Apr 03, 2009

I also had this exact same issue. I sent my books on 2/4 and they were received on 2/8. I was already in a time crunch but opted for a check. I was told that there is an overwhelming response but I am worried. In an economy like this, I am afraid they will shut the doors and I won't ever get my due. So I opted to swtich to in store credit so I can finally buy the textbooks I needed. To speed things up for lost time I opted to buy their ebooks. One came fine but the other link doesn't work. Getting them to respond to customer service needs is like pulling teeth. I have been using this service for years but vow never to use them again.

• Mi
    mikerobe08 Mar 30, 2009

they did the same thing to me mine was received 1/21/09 and its now 3/30/09 where is my money?