Having problems with Ebid.net?

Ebid.net reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 19, 2011. The latest review No help for auction payments was posted on Feb 23, 2021. The latest complaint refund was resolved on Sep 17, 2012. Ebid.net has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 12 reviews. Ebid.net has resolved 1 complaints.

Ebid.net Customer Service Contacts

382 NE 191st St #42012
Miami, Florida
United States - 33179-3899

Ebid.net Complaints & Reviews

Ebid.netNo help for auction payments

Long time seller on ebay now new seller on ebid:
As a new to ebid, former ebay seller fo 10+ years seller. Awful auction site.
Little to no customer support in setting up payments; which I did according to ALL instructions. Not even sure if your customer service understands English. No one to call, but you get the most absurd answers from them that have nothing to do with problem.
Customer service keeps insisting problem is on my end with paypal, I can assure you it is not! My 2 ending auctions state that payment pending because my email address is not correct. I can assure you it is and there is no problem on paypal end.(this has been back and forth since auction end with your awful customer service)

Ebid.netseller fees and discriminatory, scam, criminal attitude

This is total scam, criminal company - after Paid for Seller lifetime membership - them suspended my account 3 days ago without any explanation and refund - only received a vague e-mail say: "you account dont accepted" ?
    Until today no any refund or compensation - we open a legal claim in the Court about this discrimination, criminal company! Save you time and money and avoid the Ebid.net at all cost! This is scam, rip off company...
    Wallmart Win

• Bo
        BobButler1944 Mar 05, 2021

I don't believe this person. He offered no proof as Who, What, Where, When and Why. He is high on accusations, but offers no real attempt at being honest.

Ebid.netSellers and Ebid support

I made a bid on this site and won an item. Seller said that I'll get my item within 7-14 business days, but nothing arrived. When I contacted the seller he said that my item was on its way, but weeks passed and there was no sign of it. Seller stopped replying to my messages and then I decided to ask Ebid for help. I told them that there was a fraudulent seller on their website, but they did absolutely nothing! They simply did not care and did not bother to reply.
      I asked for a refund many times but just wasted my time because these scammer ignored me. I will not use this service ever again and will warn my friends and family.

Ebid.netNo way to return!!

I decided to try www.ebid.net and I actually won something!
        I was so excited and really happy because that was the first time I've ever won anything!
        When my item finally arrived I was shocked to find out it was a completely wrong thing!
        I contacted the seller and was told that he accidentally sent me the incorrect item. When I asked for a replacement he refused and said that there is no such thing as replacement on www.ebid.net!
        So he actually did admit that it was his mistake but still refused to exchange for the correct item!
        Ridiculous!!

Ebid.netConsumer protection (lack of)

Every complaint I see about ebid.net mentions how few sales sellers get. As a buyer on ebid.net, I think the reason is that there are few buyers because there is no consumer protection. For example, if a seller sends the wrong item, on Ebay or Amazon, the process goes like this: Hit the return button -> print the return label -> post -> receive refund. Whereas on ebid.net, the process would be more like: Send message to seller -> Receive message that seller does not monitor this inbox -> look for seller email and send message -> Send another message threatening small claims action -> either give up as waste of time or pursue small claims, depending on the amount -> go to court etc... An ebid buyer is only going to last until they have had to return an item, whereupon they are going to realise they are much better off at Ebay. In my case, I only made 1 purchase, received the wrong item and decided to give up and delete my ebid account.

Ebid.netThis site now that I did a little investigation is a complete rip off

This site now that I did a little investigation is a complete rip off. Stoopid should have done this 1st MY BAD! These guys have inflated all their reviews and posted fake reviews on this site. Notice all the positve answers are never logged in with FB or a pic. STAY FAR AWAY. They cost me $12 of my social security check for nothing. I put 3 highly marketable items on there site for way less than I do on ebay and didn't get a view. This is hypebeast stuff not junk. The same items sell on ebay within a day. Who cares if you pay nearly 15% by the time you are done. at least you sell something. I would have been very happy to have had 1 bid. I should report them to Dade county crimes against the elderly for real. I now see they have locked me out of my account, GOOD hope they don't keep billing me.

Ebid.net — refund

Ebid.net is the biggest scam out there. I first joined them thinking it would be a great alternative to ebay...

Ebid.netUSA SELLERS beware of ebid.net auction site, they are scam

We are sellers in ebid.net located in USA, we subscribe to ebid but they charged us sales tax. Sales tax is only for local to UK not USA seller subscriber.

Also, they scam us with their sellers+ lifetime upgrade, we pay 49$ and avail the upgrade promo, they intentionally did not upgrade our account so they can charged us 25$ yearly.

How did they do it, very easy, they will charged you international sales tax!so it will cause a setting problem in your seller subscription page. At the end of your first year, they will charged you 25$ even you have upgraded your account to seller+ lifetime at the time you avail the 49$ promo.

So again, USA SELLERS beware of ebid.net auction site, they are scam, WORSE THAN EBAY. With ebay, they will scam you in front, in ebid.net, ebid will scam you by system problem and behind the scene charges. Plus this folks are not a member of BBB (www.bbb.org) and no telephone number. So there is no way you can complain this scam site to state regulating body.

Ebid.net has branch in Florida, but can be dummy address as its possible not a member of BBB.

• Ti
                  Tias Treasures Aug 23, 2013

I have been a seller on ebid.net for five years. I live and sell from Calfornia, a state that never misses a chance to collect taxes.

eBid.net has NEVER collected or tried to collect taxes of any kind for anything I have sold.

This kind of totally unverified accusation should not be believed. There have been rumors that eBay has people (we call them trolls) who put out this kind of accusation, trying to keep other sites from competing.

Ebid.netWorst auction site ever

Worst auction site ever. No buyers at all and gave up. I've looked up my own items and found them unsold since last year...

• Dr
                    dragong74 May 26, 2012

This is not Ebay or Amazon these auction sites take time and a little more work for a sale to be made. eBid is slowly catching up and it takes time. We now have Addoway decent auction site but still new on the auction scene. On Ebay you pay for that advertising and Ebay fee rates are too high or as it is being called now Feebay. Patience is a virtue but people are just out to make money with very little effort as possible to help earn it.

Ebid.netItems I have previously been able to sell on Ebay in a week have not been sold on EBID for 3 months

Ok. So, Let's start:The counter sometimes goes up sometimes goes down.One Day I have 100 people who looked at my auction the other day there after it was only 97.Someone of the support forum said "the counter is a bit dodgy" Similar .Items I have previously been able to sell on Ebay in a week have not been sold on EBID for 3 months.No real customer service ( same for EABY) and yes...I also paid the lifetime payment...Why? as i predicted my items will sell, so comparing to ebay I would have gained a few bob.In the mean time I have sold all items on EBAY!

SO in a nutshell: No user friendly alternative to the EBAY rip-off.

Ebid.netThey just take your money and run

I own an online supplement business and I have to agree, they are the absolute worst choice ever! Ebid has no phone support and they will not return my emails. They charged me for 2 memberships fees of $19.99 per membership, than closed both of my accounts. I can't even get a response back. Come monday I will just file a chargeback. I sell on 30 different venues throughout the internet, and ebid is the absolute worst. Period. I only found this review forum here because I was searching google for a phone number to call them. Wanna know who is great, BONANZA and WEBSTORE. They get you some awesome google traffic and are just so easy to use. Bonanza's customer service is just awesome. If they ask who referre you, tell them MuscleLabsUSA (maybe I get something free? LOL) As far as EBID.net... STAY AWAY. They just take your money and run.

Japheth large Apr 01, 2016

A bunch of charges to my credit card and I've never heard of this company... filing a complaint with my bank possibly a criminal charges through miami police dept.

• Da
                        David Sears Jan 29, 2016

Please refund all of my money to my PayPal acct. and if you know how it's ProRite Welding. I do think this is the biggest rib-off on the net...I CAN'T LOG IN ANYMORE... Thanks

• Mu
                        murat2016 Jun 04, 2014

• Co
                        cowboy2013 Aug 23, 2013

This site is horrible. No contact number at all. They said I need to send in things to verify my account which I did and they are still saying that its not verified its been 2 weeks and nothing. They have stolen $50 from me. So now I have no choice but to sue them.

• Ni
                        Niclive Jan 21, 2013

This is a shame to the human race.
                        I paid for seller account. I gave them all the documents.
                        They did not answer me.
                        They blocked me from entering my own account at their site.
                        VERY VERY BAD.
                        A dog gets better life.

• Ta
                        Takzhen Dec 10, 2012

It seems that the major requirement for sellers is their ability to produce a utility bill. They don't check out sellers at all. Buyers beware!

• Kl
                        Kleetus Apr 02, 2012

@ eBid, it was good you replied, it's always nice to get a clarification so people see both sides.

Could you please sort out my issue, ticket IDs: 120985 and then 121359.

I know it's only been 3 days since I contacted support, but I'd really like this resolved. Thanks.

• Eb
                        eBid Aug 16, 2011

Your account on eBid was closed due to you selling items that are banned on eBid. Your second account was closed as we allow only one account to be opened without permission from us. Your SELLER+ fees were both refunded to your card. Please be accurate when posting reviews of companies online. To contact our support team please click the HELP link on the top of every page or our site and then the CONTACT US link. Feel free to contact us now if you have further questions.

Ebid.netThanks for stealing my money and providing terrible customer service

Terrible, terrible site. I bought the Seller+ Lifetime membership so I could sell for free. Was "selling" (if you can say that) items for a bit. Then I "randomly" got chosen to submit my passport/utility bill. I did both. In fact, I actually submitted 2, not 1, utility bills. My electric and gas bill, both of which have my name and address clearly printed on the FIRST page. BOTH of which I had received not but 3 days prior.

I wake up the next morning to get an email saying "Please submit a valid utility bill that has your name and address and is within 30 days". What a joke! I email them back and tell them "look at the front of the page". HAH! I wake up again the next morning and my account is disabled! Emailed them again and haven't gotten a response.

Thanks for stealing my money and providing terrible customer service. You should try hiring people who have at least graduated from elementary school, because apparently they have no idea how to read.

• Mi
                          missb1119 Jun 10, 2011

I agree with you, they have responded to me. I ordered the Seller + for the lifetime membership and ran into problems also. I requested a refund and stuck to my guns. They are all full of bs even E bay . Your best just setting up your own website through Zencart or Magento anybody and do a major marketing solution. Good luck