eBayunfair to sellers

I sold an item on ebay in September of 2010. Nearly 3 months latter, Dec 4, 2010 customer complained of defect. I inform customer that item is still under factory warranty and I agreed to issue refund upon return of item or have factory repair item, his choice. Customer claims to have mailed item to address in Beverly Hills. I have never had an address in Beverly Hills. Customer claims item is lost in mail. Customer complains to Ebay. On Jan 15, 2011, Ebay resolution center orders that I issued refund upon return of item. Same as I offered originally. Same day Customer claims to mail item. Impossibility since Customer already had claimed the item was lost in the mail. Upon receipt of box I find 3 old video games. I immediate call Ebay customer support and inform them of this and that the item was not returned. Customer support claims that they can do nothing until after Ebay issues refund. Tell me to wait and file appeal.
On April 29, 2011 Ebay issues refund to customer and claims that I owe them reimbursement.
I file appeal on the same day.
Ebay currently shows "Appeal under review. Unfortunately, we need a little more time to make a decision. Expect an email from us soon."
Only emails I have received are bills for refund and now notice my account is on hold.
Even in criminal law, action is normally stayed pending appeal.
Ebay should do the same.

unfair to sellers