Easy Saver / Oriental Trading Co.Unauthorized Charges

S

Upon checking my bank account balance online, I found that I have been charged $1.95 in April, and $14.95 in May for "Easy Saver" on my debit card. When I called the bank, they gave me a phone number to call "Easy Saver." When I called them, they told me that when I ordered from Oriental Trading Company, I had signed up for the "Easy Saver" membership program. I had no intention of signing up for any membership program when I ordered birthday party supplies, nor did I know I was getting suckered into paying a monthly fee from someone! They agreed to refund my money, and stop any further charges, but now I have to wait 7-10 business days to see if they really refund them. And now I am probably going to have to get a new debit card, so I can be comfortable that it does not happen any more.

• Pa
    Pamela May 17, 2011

did you get your money back?

• Kf
    kfdalrymple Jul 22, 2009

This happened to us as well, word for word. However, I did not notice until 7 charges had been taken out of our bank account. When I called Easy Saver they were only going to refund four(4) charges of the eight (8) that they had taken out and when I asked what kind of service they provided there was not a response given. When demanding to speak with a supervisor, I was told that she was not available and that it would not matter because she would tell me the same thing. My husband later called back to find out what their service was and he received a round about answer but not a complete one. The operator he talked with did finally tell him that they would refund ALL charges that had been taken out, but it was the same thing; we have to wait 7-10 days but we are not going our breath before we will probably have to call them back to complain again and report them to the BBB.

• Ta
    Talendre Jun 24, 2009

This just happened to me also. Just the $1.95 charge. Best just to get a new card with a new number. Saw the posts about easy saver all over the web. I've ordered from OTC many times and now this.