Easirentcharge on debit card

D Jul 17, 2019

On June 16, 2019 I reserved a car for rental on July 12 through July 14, 2019. On the morning of July 12, 2019 I went to the car rental agent at 150 N Australian Avenue here in West Palm Beach, FL. I explained to the two men at the desk ( one was either a supervisor or manager) that I had a reservation for that day. Immediately, the person who appeared to be in charge read off the rules/guidelines for renting a vehicle. At no time did he ask me my confirmation number (NEXP4C44FD); nor did he even look into the computer for my information. Yet this man explained that I could not rent a car without liability insurance. I do not own a car but the person I was going on my trip with does. So after going back to my associates' car and calling the rental agency's customer service was told that I could transfer my reservation to the other person. I went back inside the rental office and told the manager what the customer service department said and yet he said I could NOT transfer a reservation. He told me that I would be offered to buy insurance but that it was expensive and I would have to get it for one year. He told me to cancel my reservation and make another one. But after calling customer service back a second time I was told there were no cars available. Your company has charged my credit card $102.43 for a car I did not rent and I was refused to rent. I would like this money back!!!