Duty Free Depotno goods - fraud

R

Website said that these were duty free to ireland - no no no
Cigarettes were confiscated by customs.
No refund and indifferent customer service.
Do not deal with dutyfree.com

• Re
    Reviewer49787 Jan 08, 2016

after being ignored by duty free depot I got a letter saying my parcel had been seized this is shocking they take your money like a bunch of fraudsters and ignore your complaints, I want a full refund they took payment straight away, con men so angry

Comments

• We
    Well hacked off Aug 10, 2010

NObody needs to know any restrictions.

When you buy and pay by card you enter into an international contract. It is up to the SELLER to fulfil his obligations of the contract and supply the goods purchased.

IF YOU DO NOT GET THE GOODS GO TO YOUR CARD COMPANY AND DEMAND A REFUND. THEY ARE OBLIGED TO REFUND YOU.

Thereafter, change your card as this lot thereafter tried to take more money out of my card!

• Gi
    GIll UK Jul 04, 2010

Yeah OK,

I could have crafted a better letter from the government than they (or you) did.

It is all a load of ###!!!

They never sent the Cigs, the letter they sent does not even have the correct government phone number on.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CHANCERS!!!

• Gi
    GIll UK Jul 03, 2010

I have ordered 400 Embassy No1 from these shysters and guess what they have been seized. Despite me paying extra tax on their website to comply with duty free laws in UK.

I have now received a very suspect looking letter from the UK border agency. YEAH RIGHT!!!

CON MERCHANTS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I paid $182-00 including extra duty tax for 400 Cigs these were not cheap and you still ripped me off.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.

• Ra
    rafnal May 24, 2010

Well when the sender advertised the products as coming from the EU and not Israel - in fact Israel was not mentioned at all on the website.
    Thank you for the "whatever political party" broadcast - I will keep you in mind the next time I vote - NOT
    I think you work for Dutyfree.com - Don't bother telling us you don't because I know you do - you do - you do - you do
    May I ask why you were running into a snug - were you hiding away from the many disgruntled customers - Ha Ha

mateol May 24, 2010

If the cigarettes were confiscated by customs, I do not see any fault of the sender. You should be aware of the laws of your country. Even more those laws were passed by people you have elected, so go complain to them. I've been doing business with Dutyfreedepot for over 2 years, and yes I have run into snugs, but all were local. I cannot blame people in Israel for local government inefficiency and stupidity.

• We
    Well hacked off May 22, 2010

Mate, get on to your card company and simply explain you never got what you ordered. THEY WILL 'CHARGE BACK' what you lost!

It is illegal to take money, offer partial refunds via Paypal and not supply the goods advertised! YOU WILL GET A FULL REFUND!