DuniaUnjust loan interests

C

I would like to complain regarding dunia's very high interest on my loan amounting to aed12000 payable in 3yrs. I originally wanted to pay for 1yr only due to big interest for 3yrs payment but their agent-abigail topacio told me that they require 3ys initial computation for new loans but dunia will recompute the interest into 1 yr if I can pay it in 1yr... I have been paying for 10months now which is already aed5740 and I wanted to settle everything as I need to go back to philippines due to health problem but now dunia is saying that I still need to pay below.
Aed10114.48 - remaining principal + aed1250 - early settlement fee whic was never mentioned when I applied the loan.
Total due - aed11364.48 if im going to add the aed5740 which I already paid for 10ms it means that my total payment is aed17104.48. which means the interest of the 12000 loan is 5104.48 in less than a year.
I have tried to speak to their customer service but all they are saying is - it is the mistake of their agent and they cant do something about it.
An you please help me on what should I do with this? I dnt want to leave any oblogation when I go home but I think what they wanted me to pay is not within the interest set by law of uae. the remaining amount is so high that my fund is not enough to setlle especially now that im on medication.

Would highly appreciate to hear from you soon as I need to go home as soon as possible

Thank you and more power to you.

Brgrds,
Miriam ibarra
Mail - [protected]@yahoo.com

• Updated by Romy Fernandez · Sep 26, 2018

Dunia finance is making money cheating peoples, so many peoples suffering with this peoples, atleast
    some Government authorities should monitor and control these people. illegally there are making money from peoples.

Ivon A Nov 23, 2020

Hi Guys, I got a loan from deem finance last year December 2019 I asked the guy if it's the same as Dunia I will not proceed with the loan but he insisted that it's different company I go ahead but after taking the loan I just found out that it's the same company. I'm always paying on time but last month October 2020 my salary is being delayed for almost a month Dunia staff kept on calling so I asked them to understand that my salary is being delayed, not even a month delayed they bounced my cheque 36k, different numbers are calling me telling me that they will come to my place and also they said they will file a case on me if I don't pay till 27th of November. This is stressing so much because it's only one month delayed and they are very aggresive on collecting calling here and there every single day. Is there's anything I can do with this collecting team? looks like they're a lot of them. Thanks for anyone who can answer..

regor63 Nov 23, 2020

@Ivon A how do you know that your cheque bounced?

Ivon A Nov 24, 2020

@regor63 I got an SMS from the bank that and also next day they charged my account AED100 for a bounced check.

Ivon A Nov 28, 2020

@Ivon A Also they're saying they already filed a police case and they are even asking me if I got an sms from the police. How can they do that just for 1 delayed payment.

coucou851 Dec 05, 2020

@Ivon A check dubai police website if you have a police case. Just ignore Collection people coz they have quotas to collect payments.

Desperation Dec 07, 2020

@coucou851 Dubai police website is inaccurate, better go to police station and ask if you are confuse.

Ivon A Dec 09, 2020

@Desperation Are they not going to send an sms or notification?

regor63 Dec 13, 2020

@Ivon A ignore them or tell them that they bounced your cheque so let them file the case

joanneg0601 Oct 26, 2020

Any one got their cheque bounced recently? I mean during this pandemic time?

regor63 Nov 23, 2020

@joanneg0601 case was filed last July...

• Zu
    Zubair0407 Oct 19, 2020

Ive got a card from dunia, since 2012 and credit limit has been increased to 100k, ive almost used half of this limit, and due to non payments and interests it ballooned to more than the limit thus making more penalties (late payment, over limit and interests) My credit shield alone is almost 2k dhs. Theyve asked me to convert to loan all my out standing in April 2016. Because im in too much pressure ive agreed and they tell me i need to pay 2700 monthly for 6 years (72 months!!) with 19.255 interest rate!! Up till now im paying but last year i got laid off and this year although ive got a job they reduced my salary by 20%. Im paying every other month so still i have arrears of 4 months. ive already paid 50 months totalling 135k more than the sanctioned amount of 119k. Now full time they are harrasing me and my friends and family members to pay. Im so fed up. Please advice.

• Be
    Benny Sebastian Oct 18, 2020

who can help me? I am also in these situation which is worst now. Can't even concentrate in works as well as to talk to anybody. That much of fred up with them.
    my contact is [email protected]

Desperation Oct 18, 2020

@Benny Sebastian you can read the comments above and you will learn how to fix it, ,

• Ps
    Pslam23 Sep 29, 2020

Kindly give advise. I have settlement 10, 000aed to pay in 4 months. Now July-Aug I paid aed2500aed each month as per settlement but Sep i could pay only aed1, 000 because its very difficult already no job since April 2020 so i requested by email with all supporting documents to give me till end Oct to settle the balance remaining of aed4, 000. I didnt receive email reply instead via Whatsapp telling me only till 1st Oct I have to pay the 4, 000aed. Else all what i paid is nul and void. They already deposit my security cheque last Aug because they are forcing to pay. Now I am hopeless my company is what should I do? Thanks.

Desperation Oct 02, 2020

@Pslam23 you mean, , your Cheque deposited to the bank and bounced?

coucou851 Jul 31, 2020

Does anyone here having a police case recently?

thealove Aug 25, 2020

@coucou851 Hi, just today i come to know im having cheque my chq was reported last July 23, how about you?
    Now I am worried as my baby visa are on hold beacuse of the case, shall anyone could advise me waht to do?
    The Immigration informed that I need to go to Police Station-Muraqqabat to settle.

Maria.28 Aug 25, 2020

@thealove awww... sad to here that. it means they are stilling filing cases even they are closed already. maybe I also have a case now.

Desperation Aug 25, 2020

@thealove go to the police station where you're case filled and bring 5 k if 50 to 100 k the amount of the cheque bounce and pay.

thealove Aug 25, 2020

@Desperation Thank you, once I pay there I will be clear also in immigration? as my new born baby visa still in hold because of the case.

coucou851 Aug 25, 2020

[email protected] will they question you at the police station ? is it not a hassle to pay fines?

coucou851 Aug 25, 2020

@thealove yes same mine i have a case at muraqabat i am still saving enough money . My visa will expire middle of next yr

helpsos Sep 02, 2020

@thealove Hi, your cheque bounced on July 23 or the case was filed on July 23? When did you last make your payment to Dunia?

helpsos Sep 02, 2020

@Maria.28 I thought they are already closed yet they are still filing cases.

thealove Sep 28, 2020

@helpsos hi my last payment was last year August, case filed Julyb 23 and i clear my case paid 5020, if u will go without money they will give 1 month chance. for u to pay without and no need to leave passport to them and they will not ask as well.

Desperation Sep 30, 2020

@thealove good to hear that you already cleared, ,

Nos Ali Oct 23, 2020

@thealove @ thealove Can I still apply for a new Working Visa After paying the fines?

Nos Ali Oct 28, 2020

@Desperation @Desperation Do I need to go personally to pay the fines at the police station, or my brother can pay my fine?

Desperation Nov 29, 2020

@thealove what you bring in police station? paspport original or emirates id only?

coucou851 Dec 07, 2020

@Nos Ali yes you can get have visa after paying the fines

• Mm
    Mmariamarie Jan 02, 2021

@thealove Hello, how long was the process? And what did you told the police? I've checked and I Hava a case for 30k bounce check from dunia, I want to pay that fine so I can travel back to Philipines

• Mm
    Mmariamarie Jan 02, 2021

@thealove Hello how long was the process? What did they asked you? I Have a 30k bounce check from dunia I checked I Hava a police case and I want to pay

helpsos Jul 12, 2020

hi - are the collection agencies still calling you for payment?

Desperation Jul 12, 2020

@helpsos none, so far!

@daboy1976_47 Jul 13, 2020

@helpsos None also for me, but there keep sending the SOA.

PositiveLady Jul 14, 2020

@@daboy1976_47 2 years of no payment, no bounced cheque but Tasheel started calling again,

helpsos Jul 19, 2020

@PositiveLady me too, Tasheel started calling again but i dont answer :D

• Fe
    Felomena Jun 21, 2020

Guys anyone of you faced a civil case? Let me know in PM details plz.

• Ng
    Ngalie Aug 22, 2020

@Felomena Why did you already faced a civil case

junon Jun 10, 2020

Anyone know for I can disconnect Dunia finance to my bank so the can try to take money since the bounce my cheque. Thanks

coucou851 Jun 01, 2020

coucou851 May 22, 2020

@ben estacion opo huwag nyo na bayaran kasi di rin sila maki pag settle ng maayos . Intayin nyo nalang ung case para isahan bayad.

• Be
    Ben Estacion May 21, 2020

Sa akin din 3 mos na dna ako nakabayad ng loan ko sa DUNIA 36k, 1, 512 ang EMI ko 2 years na po ako nagbabayad pero yun balance ng principal ko is 29k pa. ang sakit ng ulo kc ngaun sitwasyon pa naman ng covid wala nko work. tawag sila ng tawag sabi mag file sila ng police case. inaantay ko nlng na mag file na cla kc kht bayaran isa buwan ganun pa din na tatawag uli sila na magkakaso sila. yun Credit card ko sakanila 2900 lng limit pero ngaun 9k na ang outstanding ko.

mayasi May 19, 2020

anyone got any update from Dunia?

• Zo
    zooby Apr 03, 2020

DUNIA finance is very big problem they have increased my debit card payment to 8000aed yet the card value is 2500aed, I asked them for settlement they refused, is there any way I can get this amount settled?

• Sh
    shafeek13 Mar 22, 2020

Never do any settlement with any bank in UAE. They will cheat you especially FAB.
    Do the settlement only through court.

junon Mar 25, 2020

@shafeek13 How much will o pay for a fine my check is 60000 but I payed them 48000 already

junon Mar 11, 2020

Good afternoon,
    i take a loan with dunia finance for 40.000 dihrams and i have been paying it for the pass 2 years but now i want to settle it because the interest is to much and dunia activated a credit card comes with koan without my permission and forcing me to pay for it too. so i need your advice.

Comments

coucou851 Mar 27, 2020

@junon dont settle with Dunia unless they filed in court. ignore all their nonsense harassment way of collections.

junon Mar 28, 2020

@coucou851 Thanks for advice

carolina cainguitan Mar 10, 2020

hi all i need your advice, i have loan in dunia as i consolidated my credit card into personal loan, and i didn't pay my monthly payment last February and they present my security cheque last Febraury 24 and it bounce, and they keep calling me and so many emails, watsapp message, i answered them that i cant pay because of the status of my salary not regular, they said they file a case accordingly and still they keep calling me and telling me to go in there main office to reduce my monthly payment and they said i need to give new cheque. this time i didn't answer there call as per my situation i already paid the Capital of my loan and paid some interest. please advice me what should i do because its 2 months now i didnt pay my monthly payment to them and they present already my cheque. and i dont want to continue my payments.

donut99 Mar 11, 2020

@carolina cainguitan Do not give them another cheques. Let them file a case for bounced cheque and prepare money for paying the fine.

Desperation Mar 11, 2020

@donut99 agreed! 11 months bounce cheque and waiting case to file,

[email protected] Mar 11, 2020

@Desperation good, if they harrass you call police

carolina cainguitan Mar 15, 2020

@donut99 @donut99 thank you for your advice, i received a legal notice by email and watsapp yesterday March 15, 2020. I paid already the capital that i owe them 60k as i consolidated my credit card to personal loan last 2017, i paid them 31 months already an amount of AED 73, 068 ) but as per there calculation still have balance 32k payable in 17 months) but
    i stop paying them last Febraury 2020 due to no basic salary. I give them before a blank security cheque and they write the amount of 86k and they presented to my bank and gets bounce. How much i need to prapare if they file me a case for cheque bounce.

donut99 Mar 17, 2020

@carolina cainguitan Just wait for which emirate they will file the case. If in Dubai it will be max 5k or 10k fine depending on the amount. I don't know about the other emirates though.

carolina cainguitan Feb 23, 2021

@donut99 I already paid my fines to police an amount of AED 5, 020/- last end of august 2020, and today this dunia is 5 times calling me and im little bit irratated so i answered my phone so it was dunia she said to after 2 days they will file a civil case against me, then i called the police who intertained me in police station he said no need to answer those from dunia you blocked them no need to answer for your peace of mind.

• Lo
    Lovely1255 Feb 29, 2020

Dear Friends,

I have loan with this brutal company
    Now almost past years i made all the payment just one month delayed now there are pushing me very baldy i payed them already more then what i have took from them . can someone tell me i dont like to pay anything to them i want to leave from this please guide me with your experience

thanks

• Jh
    [email protected] Feb 22, 2020

Dear Mr. Asaad,
    I already paid my fine in the police station but dunia finance still threatened me of a civil case? I only took 15000 but the cheque is 55k they filed a case and now they told me that a civil case is on process with 170k amount. What should I do?

[email protected] Feb 22, 2020

@[email protected] you have nothing worry about it. they just saying 170k so that you will afraid. if am with you blocked their numbers so that you will no longer bother. at least you cleared already in the police station

msva Feb 25, 2020

@[email protected] Dunia deposited my cheque for AED 60K yesterday in my account and the cheque returned due to insufficient funds. What will be next?
    How long it will take to Dunia to file a case against me?
    I am in Abu Dhabi

Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Maria.28 Feb 25, 2020

@msva how long you did not pay?

[email protected] Feb 25, 2020

@msva just wait if they will file a police case the important here at least you have a 5000 dirhams pocket money . once the police call you you will pay the bail. and khalas your free

msva Feb 25, 2020

@Maria.28 I stopped my payment in May 2018. Out of my 95K credit card converted loan amount I paid back 121K including one lumpsum payment of 25K.

msva Feb 25, 2020

@[email protected] usually how long it will take to file a police case?

@msva as far as i know 6months but sometime they will forget it already 😊

Maria.28 Feb 25, 2020

@[email protected] for me almost 2 years now since they deposited my cheque, until now no case

@Maria.28 see??

joanneg0601 Oct 26, 2020

@msva did they file police case against you?

carolina cainguitan Feb 23, 2021

@[email protected] Yes, police also advice me not to attend the calls from dunia just blocked it

@daboy1976_47 Feb 26, 2021

@carolina cainguitan Did the Police tell you anything if Dunia can still file a case (for bounce cheque or civil case)

thealove Feb 11, 2020

Hi, I want suggestions please, I am a defaulter in Dunia for 08 months now and so far no police case or my cheque still they did not bounce yet. I'm having a remaining balance of AED25k, and I am planning to pay it fully. For me to have a good score of course in the credit bureau, and in case I need to apply from the bank I can easily apply but I should repay it first.

But the questions are, shall I trust Dunia that after paying the full amount after 03 or 06 months maximum as per them depends in credit bureau my record will be clear as defaulter?

What should I need to do, or what documents except for the clearance letter I should ask from them?to make sure that after paying I will be clear from Dunia.

Thanks, suggestions are all appreciated.

coucou851 Feb 18, 2020

@thealove they are locking some messages in here

coucou851 Feb 18, 2020

@thealove they are locking some messages in here

• Ei
    eidn Feb 06, 2020

anyone here settle their loan in dunia even when you paid the police fine? can u give me idea what happened? I asked this due to credit bureau shows that we still have dunia loan and the interest is still rising up.
    I want to talk to dunia about it to make amicable settlement but let me hear your comments and experience before I talk to them.
    any idea or suggestions??

Thanks

donut99 Feb 07, 2020

@eidn The fine that you paid was for the act of bouncing the cheque. The debt is still unpaid. This will show in your credit report as outstanding debt unless it has been written off by dunia or you paid the balance.

helpsos Jan 28, 2020

Hello - Tasheel still continues to call me ( im not answering) and they are even trying to call my home country mobile :( what do you in this case? Do you still ignore the call?

Are (DEEM/DUNIA) they still continuing with there business? Arent they going to close down? :)

donut99 Jan 28, 2020

@helpsos They are still in business as far as i know.

Bigivan Jan 28, 2020

@helpsos yes i confirm they're still in business!

Positive11 Jan 29, 2020

@helpsos Thanks for the update my husband cheque bounced on Feb 2017 and we just check from the Police Station last 2 weeks ago that there is still no case against him. Just want to know that even it's already 2 year and 11 months they can still file police case?

helpsos Jan 30, 2020

@Positive11 Yes, i think they can still file within 5 years if im not mistaken. I have read it somewhere.

• Me
    Mememichelle Jan 27, 2020

Hi,

Same issue, I had loan from Dunai but Deem LLC keep on calling me as well. It is allowed Deem to collect without any notice from Dunia? Thanks for the reply

[email protected] Feb 18, 2020

@Mememichelle yes, they only change the name but they are still dunia

@daboy1976_47 Jan 01, 2020

Happy New Year to all!!!

Bigivan Jan 10, 2020

@@daboy1976_47 happy new year))

coucou851 Jan 10, 2020

@@daboy1976_47 happy new year

• Ng
    Ngalie Dec 26, 2019

Hello,

May I just ask if you didn’t pay any phone bill and tasheel send demand letter to you would you go directly to jail

blessd Dec 14, 2019

After i paid the fine they still called My hr for my contacts...my hr forwarded me the email from them and told me to give them my updated contacts..i told my HR they have my contacts and emails they already filed a case on me..My hr told me to leave them they are known...

i called a guy called mohammed who contacted my hr i told them dont bother my hrs to contact me coz am not afraid of them...i told him i have all the documents i paid for 3years and told them to ahead with civil case i will challege them...

he kept quite for a month then as if not enough he send one agent to my store..i asked him why he was coming to my workplace and i told him to give me his id to take a photo, , he really got afraid and told me he has been sent by the same guy...he was afraid so much...he called mohammed i spoke to him on the phone i told him to do what i told him to open a civil case..he told me ok.

The guy left very afraid.Guys you should be strong...dont pay after they file on u...your money will be wasted, , let them open another case

donut99 Dec 15, 2019

@blessd Whats the collection agency that still contacting you?

Bigivan Dec 23, 2019

@blessd i agree with you, thanks to sharing

coucou851 Dec 25, 2019

@blessd are you still receiving an email from Dunia for collections?

coucou851 Jan 11, 2020

@blessd FYI

blessd Feb 06, 2020

@coucou851 @coucou851 yes

blessd Dec 10, 2019

Hi guys just came from vacation..any civil cases in this thread...They called and told me they will file civil case...

@daboy1976_47 Dec 11, 2019

@blessd did they bounce your cheque before and you already paid the fine

coucou851 Dec 11, 2019

@blessd don’t believe it there is no civil case because police case will be filed first.

blessd Dec 14, 2019

@@daboy1976_47 [email protected]_47 i paid the fine on may this year 5050 now they are caling they will open acivil case..i told them to go ahead..

blessd Dec 14, 2019

@coucou851 [email protected] gave me hope..am rude now to them for what they have made me go through..

Nosreen Dec 19, 2019

@blessd @blessd I just received a whatsapp message regarding civil case...did you received the same notification?

Nosreen Nov 27, 2019

Guys, just a heads up - since my cheque bounced last 23rd October I am checking the Dubai police portal on a daily basis and no case was found under my name. However last 20th November our company PRO received a call from the Khalifa police station in Abu Dhabi stating that I have to visit the police station for further investigation . In short, I'm not sure if the Dubai police portal covers the other Emirates as in my case up until now my name is clear in the portal wherein I already have an existing case in Abu Dhabi. This is truly confusing so please double check first specially for those who are scheduled to go back to our country this holiday seasons to avoid discomfort.

Maria.28 Nov 27, 2019

@Nosreen thanks for the info.

thealove Nov 28, 2019

@Nosreen Hi Maria, are u staying and Dubai and under Dubai visa? but your case filed in Abu Dhabi?.

Nosreen Nov 28, 2019

@thealove Hi @thealove yes my residence visa is here in Dubai, however they file the case in Abu Dhabi. Really hassle sa schedule😔

coucou851 Dec 06, 2019

@Nosreen how much they bounced? why they called the number of your PRO and not your direct number?

Nosreen Dec 07, 2019

@coucou851 @coucou they bounced 116K, I really don't have any idea why the police didn't call my mobile number directly and instead our PRO. It was really embarrassing because the whole of our HR department came to know about it. Anyway, I am fortunate that our HR people were all understanding.

Maria.28 Dec 08, 2019

@Nosreen your cheque was bounced October 23 this year or last year?

coucou851 Dec 09, 2019

@Nosreen 😔ohhh mine also was bounced first week of October but no case filed yet until now when i searched Dubai police website and Abu dhabi police website. In sharjah it is a hassle coz there is no website for checking.

coucou851 Dec 09, 2019

@Nosreen do you still receive a message from bank for the auto debit monthly from Dunia?

Nosreen Dec 09, 2019

@Maria.28 @Maria.28 October this year

Nosreen Dec 09, 2019

@coucou851 @coucou851 it is not auto debited from the bank that I current use as the cheque that was bounced was my previous bank account (dormant account).

Maria.28 Dec 10, 2019

@coucou851 how to check case in abu dhabi?

thealove Dec 10, 2019

@coucou851 Hi, for how many months you did not pay? and only this October they bounced your cheque?

coucou851 Dec 10, 2019

@thealove I didnt pay starting June this year and they bounced on first week of October but still they are auto debiting until now but no funds in that account and still calling for payments from different third party collection agencies .

@Maria.28 https://www.adjd.gov.ae/sites/eServices/EN/Pages/Estafser.aspx

try this one

PositiveLady Dec 10, 2019

@coucou851 UID is equal to Emirates ID number?

Maria.28 Dec 10, 2019

@coucou851 thanks.

coucou851 Dec 10, 2019

@PositiveLady You can find it on your visa page. there is a UID no .

@daboy1976_47 Dec 10, 2019

@PositiveLady how are you...did you check if you have a case already...are you still going on vacation next month

Doraaaa Dec 10, 2019

@PositiveLady Can i possibly check also if i have a case if i am on visit visa now?

thealove Dec 11, 2019

@coucou851 Which Bank the auto-debit occurred? as mine is ENBD and almost daily auto-debit happened, but that account I did not do any transactions anymore, since June this year also same as the time I couldn't pay my Dunia loan, And how you know your cheque was bounced? Did the bank call you or send an email or SMS? As I have doubt also maybe they already bounce mine as you've said also June you started not paying.

coucou851 Dec 11, 2019

@Nosreen have you gone to the police station already in abu dhabi? How much is the fines?

Nosreen Dec 11, 2019

@coucou851 @coucou851 yes been there and paid AED5, 050. Will need to go back again to pay the remaining 5K to clear the bounced cheque fine. My total fine is 10K since they bounced my cheque for 116K

coucou851 Dec 11, 2019

@Nosreen ah ok. thanks for the info. did they take your passport until fully paid?

coucou851 Dec 11, 2019

@thealove yes i received a message the cheque was deposited and returned due to no funds available in which i am
    not also using the account anymore. If your registered no with ENBD is the same then you will be receiving all the transactions in the same no and if you have the banking online with them, you can access how much they deposited.

[email protected] Feb 18, 2020

@coucou851 sir do you know which insurance company if dunia customer does not pay? those defaulters I think they claiming insurance. thanks

coucou851 Feb 20, 2020

@[email protected] oh i dont know about that sorry

coucou851 Feb 20, 2020

@[email protected] oh i dont know about that sorry

[email protected] Feb 20, 2020

@coucou851 thanks

helpsos Nov 26, 2019

If the bank filed the police case, will it be effective on the same day or there will be processing procedure?

regor63 Nov 27, 2019

@helpsos same day...

regor63 Nov 25, 2019

bka me gusto mag join sa kita kits ng grupo nmin… Sunday sa Dubai Dec.1….pm lng [protected] ….dala lng kau ng share nyo food...

helpsos Nov 21, 2019

Since a new law is coming to an effect by Jan 2020, do you think banks will try to file cases till Dec 2019 so it will not be covered by the new law as the case is filed 2019?

coucou851 Nov 25, 2019

@helpsos This law is not applicable for individuals i have heard from friends. This is only with court cases like businessmen.

helpsos Nov 26, 2019

@coucou851 "It will support individuals who are facing existing or anticipated financial difficulties, rendering them unable to settle their debts. Individuals will be allowed to reschedule their debts and will have the opportunity to avail of new concessional loans."

I think for businessmen, there is already a bankruptcy law in place

• Go
    gorgonio Nov 19, 2019

To come into effect in 2020.
    Debt-ridden individuals will be protected from criminal prosecution and instead offered support to repay debts within three years, according to a new UAE law.

The UAE Cabinet approved a new Federal Law on Sunday to regulate cases of insolvency.

The new law will protect debtors from legal prosecution, decriminalise the financial obligations of insolvent persons, and offer them an opportunity to work, be productive and provide for their families.

According to legal experts, the law is the end of 'bad news' for people faced with spiralling debts.

"This will stop people with financial difficulties from running away from the country, " said Ashish Mehta, founder and managing partner of the legal firm, Ashish Mehta and Associates.

Social workers hailed the law saying 'it is a great gift' to many families knee-deep in debt.

The law, which will enter into force in January 2020, will assist debtors in settling their financial obligations through one or more experts, to be appointed by the court.

The laws aims at enhancing the competitiveness of the UAE by ensuring the ease of doing business, creating favourable conditions for individuals facing financial difficulties and protecting those who are unable to pay their debts from going bankrupt, Wam reported.

The law is part of the government's efforts to ensure convenience for citizens and residents, and respond to their needs.

The experts appointed by the courts will coordinate with the debtor and creditors to come up with a plan, lasting no longer than three-years, to settle the financial liabilities and fulfil all obligations stipulated in the plan.

During this period, the debtor will be prevented from taking any loans until the court decides, upon the request of the expert, the debtor or any of the creditors, that the implementation of the plan has been accomplished.

The law also contains special provisions that contribute to the swift completion of legal procedures and reduces the fees charged for rescheduling and restructuring the debts, with a view towards finding a fair compromise for both creditors and debtors.

The legislation not only contributes to enhancing the credit-worthiness of the country and its future growth prospective, but also enhances the competitiveness and strength of its economy, thus ensuring and enabling an environment that encourages entrepreneurship and provides favourable conditions for doing business.

The law, which complements existing financial laws, will contribute to increased transparency, in terms of civil debt repayment transactions, and will ultimately strengthen the UAE's position as an ideal hub for investment, where the rights of all parties are guaranteed.

"The law essentially gives some hand-holding for individuals and assures them that there is no need to cross the coast. I will say this is fantastic news, " said lawyer Ashish Mehta.

According to him, when people take extreme measures like running away from the country to escape debts or legal prosecution, they leave a trail of losses that affects hundreds or even thousands including his clients or employees.

"That will stop now as the law gives them a breathing space to restructure their debts and rebuild their lives. And in turn, this will also boost confidence of businesses and investors as there will be more confidence in the market."

"More than just helping businesses, this is a great humanitarian gesture, " said Naseer Vadanapally, a social worker based in Dubai.

"I know cases where debts have driven people to extreme measures like suicide. In fact, mounting debts and harassment from banks were the reasons for the majority of the suicide cases I had dealt with in the past."

According to him, families will hugely benefit from the law because most of them are eager to negotiate and settle their debts so that they can continue to live and work in the UAE.

@daboy1976_47 Nov 19, 2019

go to this web site...https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/home...for Police Clearance Application

helpsos Nov 19, 2019

HI. do you know if i apply for police clearance certificate I would get to know if i have case?

helpsos Nov 17, 2019

I hope Dunia/Deem will follow what Chase bank did to its customers - wiped out their credit card balance. We have paid them enough. For sure they can claim it in their insurance

helpsos Nov 14, 2019

Question: There are banks that have merged / bought by another ( i.e., FGB and NBAD - turned into FAB or Barclays to ADIB), which is similar case to Dunia and Deem at the moment. How does it work for those banks when it comes to debt collection?

donut99 Nov 14, 2019

@helpsos The debt is still there and Collection methods are still the same.

@daboy1976_47 Nov 14, 2019

@donut99 so it's means that we don't have any options...but to pay them or face them in court...

donut99 Nov 14, 2019

@@daboy1976_47 Yes still the same process. The debt doesn't go away unless it has been written off or cleared by the debt issuer. Google Chase+credit card+canada. They closed their business in Canada and together with that cancelled all the debts of their Canadian customers.

@daboy1976_47 Nov 14, 2019

@donut99 i think if Dunia/Deem will close permanently then...it will happen to us...will be free of all this problems

helpsos Nov 05, 2019

What are other means of checking police cases in other emirates aside from going to the police station?

Doraaaa Nov 05, 2019

@helpsos Is there any way to check a police case without eid. Because im on visit visa now and i want to know if they already filed a case.

@daboy1976_47 Nov 07, 2019

@Doraaaa Anyone read that post regarding DEEM FINANCE, is it true???

Maria.28 Nov 07, 2019

@@daboy1976_47 which post?

@daboy1976_47 Nov 07, 2019

@Maria.28 Search for DEEM FINANCE here, it's a post from Karma...

PositiveLady Nov 12, 2019

@@daboy1976_47 emails from dunia shows DEEM as domain, so they are definitely changing the company name.

@daboy1976_47 Nov 13, 2019

@PositiveLady Yes...i received statement under DEEM email last 2 days ago...but their letter head is still Dunia...

Just changed their name...not closing at all

Maria.28 Nov 13, 2019

@@daboy1976_47 but we don't owe deem so why they need to send us emails?

@daboy1976_47 Nov 13, 2019

@Maria.28 contract/agreement signed under DUNIA not under DEEM...to whom we can ask regarding this matter...

Maria.28 Nov 13, 2019

@@daboy1976_47 yes, that's why we don't owe them. when dunia is closed our credits are closed as well.

@daboy1976_47 Nov 13, 2019

@Maria.28 we hope that's the case so that we will be free from all this stress and problems...

donut99 Nov 13, 2019

@Maria.28 That may not be the case yet. Just wait if there are any further changes when it comes to dunia/deem. If they closed then good but the debt may be undertaken by the new company who may go after the defaulters.

• Yo
    YouNel Alitube Nov 04, 2019

I Know you’ve had travel ban if you have police case, is that connected to employment visa even if your not existing UAE?

Nos Ali Nov 06, 2019

@YouNel Alitube https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation//good-conduct-certificate-in-uae-suspended

Nos Ali Nov 06, 2019

@YouNel Alitube https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/dubai/good-conduct-certificate-suspended-for-all-nationalities-in-dubai-1-

Nos Ali Nov 06, 2019

@Nos Ali The state has the right to protect society and its members, ” Major General Khalil Ibrahim Al Mansouri, assistant commander-in-chief of the Dubai Police for criminal investigation affairs, said.

Moreover, it is not just aimed at preventing and reducing crime in the UAE. “The new procedure will also help those involved in financial cases to clear their names and come back or continue to work in the country, ” Al Mansouri added.

Good Conduct Certificate explained

• Yo
    YouNel Alitube Nov 04, 2019

Pls help, I had bounced cheque last april submitted by dunia now a new company wants to employ me. Can still get employment visa if i have POlice Case?

donut99 Nov 04, 2019

@YouNel Alitube No you can't.

Doraaaa Nov 04, 2019

@YouNel Alitube How many months u didnt pay before they bounce your cheque?

Nos Ali Nov 04, 2019

@donut99 Thanks, i just thought if someone experienced it. I heard from friend, somebody get the employment visa frm DMCC without exiting dubai. With the same case as mine.

@Doraaaa More than a yr

donut99 Nov 04, 2019

@Nos Ali You can't have your visa renewed nor apply for a new one if you have a police case.

Nos Ali Nov 04, 2019

@donut99 What i need to do if dunia file a police case against me last april?

Doraaaa Nov 04, 2019

@Nos Ali More than a year of not paying and they bounce your cheque? How did you know that u already have police case?

Nos Ali Nov 05, 2019

@Doraaaa I checked on dubai police website. Below is the link:

helpsos Nov 05, 2019

@YouNel Alitube Where did Dunia file the police case for you?

Doraaaa Nov 06, 2019

@Nos Ali Do u know how to check please if i dont have EID?

Nos Ali Nov 21, 2019

@donut99 Finally I had my new employment visa without any problem.

Nosreen Nov 21, 2019

@Nos Ali @Nos Ali did you just pay the fine in the police station?

Nos Ali Nov 21, 2019

@Nosreen Nop! not yet, need to wait for my salary ;)

@daboy1976_47 Nov 21, 2019

@Nos Ali hi congrats...how much you bounce cheque check and how much fine you have to pay for the fine...which Police Station you check your case...thanks

@@daboy1976_47 You can check on below link:

donut99 Nov 04, 2019

Dunia is now known as Deem Finance. They changed their name.

@donut99 I hope they just close