Drive Time Credit Corporationsign up for class action lawsuit

A

Attention: drive time customers wishing to start a class action lawsuit.

If you are or have experienced problems with drive time credit corporation or have had problems with the former company known as "ugly duckling corporation " I need you to contact me immediately.

I will need your name, email, and/or phone number as well as, a detailed explanation of how you have been treated by this company, its staff. Was you vehicle repossessed or were you sold a lemon?

I and several other people are going to make every effort to close this company down as soon as possible. The more complaints the better the lawsuit will be.

Please send and email to: [protected]@gmail. com

Thanks,

Angelica

Shaun Caldarelli Mar 05, 2021

Please add me to the lawsuit. [email protected] Bought a 2013 Chevy equinox and after it we pay it off 36000 total.

Marcie13 Mar 02, 2021

I’m dealing with an issue with them now and I would like to join in on that. Could someone email me if the lawsuit is still going on?

• Te
    Ted Niemann Feb 02, 2021

My boyfriend naively and unknowingly signed a contract with these crooks when he was 21. He had 0 credit, barely any solid work history, put 500$ down on a car that realistically wasn’t worth $10, 000 new, let alone used. After they financed him at over 20% APR, he ended up basically owing about 24, 000$. After three years of paying 800$ a month plus insurance, he missed a payment due to family trouble and not being able to work. He was called (never sent any form of mail) about him missing his payment. He worked out an agreement to pay his payment the following month, once again no paperwork to validate this. He had his car for another month, the day after the second payment was missed, the repossession truck came and took the car without warning. Obviously, my boyfriend should have known that the loan wouldn’t just go away. However, three years went by 2018, 2019, 2020 until recently (last week) they called asking for money. They told him they had been trying to contact him for three years and had the wrong contact info. He has not heard from, received any emails, phone calls,
    or any form of correspondence since the car was taken. They told him he could either settle and pay half of what’s left (6, 000$ out of the 12, 000$) or he could declare bankruptcy, or pay them back the full amount. I told him let them sue us!!! They’ve pulled illegal things this entire time, including using scare tactics such as having a “lawyer call” from some law firm saying he’ll be sued, to using predatory lending tactics from their “in house” (another way of them saying it’s literally themselves, giving themselves the money?) lending team. Then they force you to get gap insurance, and you end up paying an extra 300$ a month in insurance. This place is a piece of [censored], they need to be shut down. My email is [email protected]

Jessica Roy Feb 01, 2021

[email protected] My name is Jessica. I’ll send personal contact info over email. I financed a lemon in 2016 through their in-house lender. They ripped me off with price almost 2/3 more than fair market value, charged me 24% interest and left me with no way out of the loan or to refinance because the loan was underwater basically the moment I bought the car. With payments and interest, I spent, along with repairs to suspension and mechanical parts within 6 months of buying the car, an average of over $6300 a year just to keep and maintain the car.

I was driven into Chapter 7 BK (filed in pro se) in 2019 to get out from under the loan. For over a year. DriveTime/Bridgecrest never showed up for the 341 meeting or responded to my attempts to negotiate keeping the car at it’s fair market value. A rep on the phone I spoke to when I filed and tried to negotiate with them, told me flat-out, “We don’t negotiate with chapter sevens.”

In December 2020, after I received my discharge with no apparent interest in the car from DriveTime/Bridgecrest, I wrote a certified, notarized letter asking them to release the lien in good faith. Three weeks later, on January 11, 2021, a repo company came and took the car right out of my yard.

I started a private group on FB for others who have been screwed over by this company. There are more people I’ve seen who’ve written reviews on the company pages that might be interested. All of us want justice, but a lot of us are just tired of the fight. We need numbers and strength and hope to go up against these crooks. I want to do something to make a difference and maybe get back the money I’ve lost in this whole ordeal.

• Bv
    bvalerie43 Dec 30, 2019

How do I sign up for this class action lawsuit? I am a cosigner on this car (unfortunately) and because of this; my credit will possibly be affected. This car has been in the shop more than its been driven. Even to the point where its caught on fire (right now). Bridgecrest will not help in any way form or fashion when it comes down to this payment. This is a 2011 Chevy Malibu; and we still owe $12870.18 on this car; had it for 3 years. Right now the car is back in the shop again and needs a new motor on it. They still want me to make regular payments on it WHILE trying to purchase a new motor. Any help would be great at this point. I can be reached at [email protected]

• Em
    EMB23 Dec 29, 2019

I would like to be added to the lawsuit as well. My mother hasn't had her car for a year and it's already on its last leg. [email protected]

• Dr
    Dragon bae Dec 09, 2019

Yeah well all the dgd was make a new company called bridgecrest. And they are screwing people left and right same M.O. They screwed me and I'm suing them. Also turned them in to BBB, FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, and my states attorney General for violating consumer protection act. They did not read the laws in Kansas and they violated 16 different laws and statutes. These weren't little laws either they violated the first 3 big no no's. I have all the documents and proof undeniable proof. I even have my letter carrier sworn statement that a letter was never mailed to me. The post office has no record of a letter even being posted from them to my address. So it must of got lost when bridgecrest put it in the trash instead of mail box.

• Ap
    AprilDB227 Nov 05, 2019

What is the email? I purchased a lemon.

• Pa
    ParisDixie Oct 10, 2019

Hello I would like to Sign up as well. This company basically stole my car as well. I paid on it for two years and the payments never went anywhere. Not only that the vehicle had major rust all over as if it had been in a flood and the suspension was defective. I fell on hard times and they reposed my car. They wouldn't work with me . The car was 15, 000 two years later and 9000.00 worth of payments later I still owed 15000.00. This company needs to be held accountable.

• Ke
    Kensra Oct 26, 2019

@ParisDixie I would like to sign up
    Kendradotriversatyahoodotcom
    I hadn’t even made my first payment and they repod my car and took the payment from my account.

Anna Lopez Nov 26, 2019

@ParisDixie I need to be added to this lawsuit at annadotlopez98 at outlook dot com

• Ge
    getitgal Oct 09, 2019

Hello, I am considering doing something separate against DRIVE TIME, these people are SUPER sharks and compulsive liers offering wolf cookies. By offering sweet deals over the phone, to begin with. You ask them what all would you need, such as co-signer check stubs, work verification, etc.
    My husband and I arrive there with everything and they said that he would need a co-signer, in which I knew my mom would do it for us. However, I strictly informed the salesman that we only wanted my mom's information ran once. Well her down payment came out to be $95 as my husbands were $500, of course, we were hoping to put the lesser.
    Then to only be told that they didn't have anything on their lots with that amount of down-payment.
    So we were going to put $1000 down on the next day, but we actually put half down and would bring the rest the next day!
    So we arrive ready to sign the papers, get the keys and drive off the lot.
    To only find out, that they had another customer's car pulled up and about to give it to us.
    The manager needed up going to the other location to get the one we were there for.
    However, after their carelessness behavior. We put insurance on the vehicle and were told that finance still had to finalize one last step before we leave.
    THE VERDICT? DENIED! The IRRITABILITY? LOST TIME MONEY
    UNNECESSARY CREDIT pulling on my mom's credit file.
    The accusations? FAKE CHECK STUBS!!!
    UNPROFESSIONALISM? Heck Yes, and THE last Straw...TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT being told in an open space in front f other customers that they thick our work CHECKS were FRAUDULENT.
    We will never place insurance on a car before signing the last piece of paper, and we will be sure to try and stop anyone in our power from VISITING (DRIVE NO_TIME)

• Te
    Terry Poole Oct 07, 2019

Where do I sign up 2010 Chevy Traverse has multiple problems.. Starter, Battery & Alternator and electrical problems...and I am still making payments

Anna Lopez Oct 10, 2019

@Terry Poole I need to sign up as well but im not able to see any emails here bc it says “protected”

• Ti
    Tiffany84 Aug 20, 2019

Hello my name is Tiffany and I am currently going through a nightmare with them and would like to join or see my options I can be reached at [email protected] for further contact information and exactly what my scenario is with this company.

• Xa
    xavier reid Jul 17, 2019

how do I go about doing a class action law suit

Anna Lopezzz Jun 28, 2019

I have been ripped off by Drive time as well and wanted to know if this lawsuit was still happening. I am not able to see any of the emails posted to send in my information for the lawsuit.

Anna Lopezzz Jun 28, 2019

@Anna Lopezzz contact me @[protected]

• 12
    12 tucson May 11, 2019

I believe that I have been a victim of Bait and Switch. What was in front of me to sign was not what was reported to Bridgecrest. A vehicle I purchased for $7995, magically turned into $18k. With terms of 48 months, is now 71. Total amount of the loan is 36k. I did not agree to this. All of the paperwork WITH my signature is gone. Unfortunately, I did not realize it until 5/19. purchased the vehicle in 5/18. Yea, I need to go to the states attorneys of Florida on this one.
    The vehicle is falling apart all around meto. Drive door does not open from the inside, its throwing codes all over the place. It's a POS.

Shirley Marie Spencer-Tucker Mar 31, 2019

Shirley Spencer
    6:15 PM (33 minutes ago)

to protected

Yes, I am very upset about this car I purchased from Drive-time on [protected].

First, I test drove another car, when returned from the test drive I was told the 2017 Elantra was a better car and I would receive a lower finance rate. I was rushed through the financing at the time pf purchase and was told, you can read everything and contact us if any problems with the contract or you have questions. I was offered 3 different payments when adding the Gap insurance. According to the contact everything I was explained about the Gap Ins was not correct. I feel this car was pushed off on me .I asked for a car-fax and was told the car was too new to have a car-fax.

The car has a suspension problem, wears tires out all around, front and back. The spare tire that came with the car is balled as the palm of your hand, I changed my flat was only able to make it down the street when it blows out. The mirrors are different colors.

I later call Drive-Time and was told, the spare was not check before I left with the car and they are not for-sure it is the same one you left with and nothing can be done, but I can go somewhere and buy another one myself. I was told om well about the mirrors. The car was supposed to have taken through make ready before I left with the car, a least they pretended it was and the insides were only surface cleaned.

Got home one day part of my car is missing in the front on the driver's side by the front light. Just blew off I was told you must have had a accident, wow the front light would be broken if I had a accident and I would have filed on my insurance and filed a police report. That is not true, the light is not damaged, but a side of the fender is missing and I never saw it blow off nor do I know where it is

Bridge crest is a flake. I was set up on bi-weekly payments due on Wednesday’s, when I proved I receive a retirement check on the 3rd of each month. I was told to change my account to a monthly account my payments would be much higher. They set me up for a down fall. Some months there are 3 payments due. These two week payments are about to make me lose my mind. The monthly payments are very high and I will never finish paying for this lemon.

I have serious medical problems and need my transportation for doctor appointments and riding the bus will be too much.

Please contact me @[protected]

Shirley Marie Spencer-Tucker Mar 31, 2019

@Shirley Marie Spencer-Tucker To add to my complaint, Bridge Crest customer service needs real training how to address and response to customer's issues, they call constantly from all different numbers and refuse to allow you to speak to a supervisor, all they want is as much they can get of you and tell you a bite of lies. I am afraid to drive the car. Yes, please count me in the suit.

• Ha
    Hameed Imtiaz Feb 26, 2019

Hi Count me in. I bought a 2012 kia optima. it has to date done 84, 000 km. it is full of problems
    I read about kia optima recall for engine when I took my kia to authorized dealer to get a problem checked. the car would start to vibrate, it was so loud and massive that even the steering wheel would also be vibrating.

the first dealership charged me approx. Aus $ 450 and said the car is fine they said that they have scanned the car and it has no problem.

I took the car to NRMA a government backed motor workshop. they charged me aus$ 100 but their scan alsocame up as all ok

I contacted kia head office the said the will help me with this problem. they asked me to take the vehicle to another authorised kia workshop. they kept my car for one week. did not even had a curtesy to provide me a replacement car. I was informed by kia that they have found the problem. and said that the crank shaft sensor. and they have replaced it.I was charged aus $ 850 for it.

the searing is become very hard and turns in jerky movement.
    WHAT SHOULD I DO

• Vi
    Vivian Flores Feb 04, 2019

I am a victim of this as well [email protected] I baught a 2015 kia optima in march 2018 and not even a year later the engine is out. help

• Al
    A loving family Jan 16, 2019

I am horrified by the lack of customer service and apathy this company provides. I completely understandand and support a class action law suit. Where to sign...

• Do
    Dogmom5 Jan 09, 2019

I WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP .

Sarah Brown Dec 02, 2018

I purchased a car from drivetime and 6 weeks my car breaks down every 2 months. Being on a fixed income, I can't immediately have the car repaired. The extended warranty is of no use and I canceled it, due to attempting to use it and I was told this was normal wear and tear and not covered. I had to pay them for this information. Because of the numerous repairs, my car payment has fallen behind and I attempt to make the payments, car repair and insurance. When I'm not on time with the payments, Drivetime calls me daily, sometimes 2-3 times. The company do not provide a monthly statement or a breakdown of how your payments are diversed on a monthly basis. 10 months ago my payoff according to their website was $10, 000. this week it was 9800.00. That's ridiculous. I never would suggest this company to anyone

shelley1976 Nov 26, 2018

I bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra from Drivetime along with the extended warranty with Silver Rock. My car had 62, 300 miles on. By the time I got to pick it up from the dealer, it had closer to 62, 800 from being driven down here. Cool fine they didn't adjust the mileage as they said. The first 3 days of having my car I heard a noise from the left driver side. I took it to a car care clinic as they allowed. The mechanic could not point out the exact noise where it was coming from the strut or the strut mount. He told Silver rock but silver rock denied the claim, and the mechanic said to drive it and bring it back when the noise is more persistent. I picked up my car and 2 -3 days later the noise is coming more frequent and my brakes are starting to squeal. I took my car to another car care clinic I told the gentlemen over the garage what was going on. I left it there the mechanic took it apart to evaluate the problems I was having. He then put it back together and called silver rock to tell him what they had found. Silver rock then asked the mechanic to send them pictures so they had to retake the car apart and take pictures. Car care clinic was allowed to put the strut mounts and brakes on it. Come to find out a couple months later when the noise came really bad I took it in for a diagnostic to a different shop, they said the struts were bad and leaking fluid. I pulled my receipt from the previous work order where I thought the struts were replaced and showed it to him he told me I should take it to the mechanic who did the previous work because it should be under warranty. Come to find out they never authorized the struts itself they made the mechanic pick one or other. I am a little over 10, 000 mile with this sorry [censored] car and now I need to replace my struts out of pocket. Silver Rock is a Scam.

• Ry
    Ryan Lopez Oct 23, 2018

I purchased a car from drivetime only for it to break down on me the next day. I was told once it leaves the lot they are not responsible. After arguing and more money they gave me another car. The second car has been in the shop 7 times in the first 2 months and the mechanic found water in the back end and having all kind of electrical problems. More than likely a flooded car. I'm in the Houston area and have hired a lawyer. If there are any advice for me feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Jessgober Oct 20, 2018

I would love to get in on this I'm in Alabama. Is this still going?? I was ripped off by them, maybe in March or April of 2016 I believe. That's when I purchased the car. I could be off but anyway. My entire problem started long before that but we will just discuss drivetime lol.
    I went to drivetime only because I was in a position where I either got a car or lost my job. Either way, let's just say I needed a dependable car that was good on gas. I worked nights at the time and drove around to different nursing homes drawing blood. (Which I told them) So I put miles on a vehicle like you wouldnt believe. I went after work one morning just to look and see what they had. I looked at a few different cars that were crap for my price range. And then I saw this Hyundai Sonata that the manager was driving (of course it's the one I wanted!). It was my first time buying a new car. It was my first time doing this alone also. I thought, YES LORD! Anyway, I got fed a load of bull from the begining. Not only did they take almost $300 every other week. But I was charged almost $3, 000 or $4, 000 for an extended warranty that was free because of all the recalls on my car. Which is another thing they did not disclose!!! This car has more recalls on it than I've ever seen. I called them like crazy! Right after I got the car the condensation hose was leaking into my floorboards and I would end up with 3 inches of water in my floor every time I used the air. Which they WOULD NOT FIX. Why am I paying for all this extra crap when you can't fix the ONLY $20 that's wrong?!?!? Wouldnt tell me why wouldn't even help me. Just would not cover that 1 single part. Then, the endless amount of recalls started. Everywhere from the seatbelt brackets to motor mounts to slinging rods because of shaved metal in the engine. It just still isnt ending. I tried calling Drivetime countless COUNTLESS times to talk to the manager at the dealership I went to. He will not speak to me. Will not call me back. To which I said, I am NOT paying for a car that I havent had a whole year yet and has more recalls then 1 car I've ever seen. I told them I needed a car not only to work with but that was safe for my kids. I don't feel safe in this car and dealing with that company is like banging your head into the wall. I missed a month in payment and they want to send a guy over to my home with my sick father and try to repo. This man was cussing at my dad who was dealing with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and dying. Rude just rude. Now, I'm stuck with a crap car that will not run. So I lost my job, my dad passed away, and I cant get drive time to do crap!! This car was only supposed to be $15k. And after I would have finished paying what they wanted me to pay it would have been almost $30k!!! That's absolutely outrageous!! There is way more to my story but I just didnt want to take up anybody's time. But, I would love to help get the ball rolling on that crap company!

• De
    Demonta Walker Oct 02, 2018

Hello,

I am a Nursing Grad whom at this time makes very little money and put my trust In Drive Time. They lied to me on all aspects and has sold me a vehicle that was rated as no accidents. I was told after an inspection for service that in fact the vehicle had most likely been in an accident.

The contact was also a scam as I requested to pay Monthly only for Drive Time to repo the vehicle and stated that they expect me to pay every two weeks. They also stated a $6000 Chrysler 200 which I have from Drive Time due to me going to retrieve his vehicle from the repo yard is costing me $22, 000 still a year later and after a years payment of the $410 monthly has not went towards the principle of the loan to date.

Drive Time has been charging me $10.03 daily interest which is now $2100 in back fees for a year. It gets better, However, I would and will hold out on the rest until JUDGEMENT DAY FOR US ALL IN COURT.

Sincerely & Professionally,

Larry Walker

• Dn
    Dnlcazares23 Oct 02, 2018

Drive time sucks just like bridgecrest got warranty for car that they won’t even fix, not to mention I’m over $10, 000 upside down I can’t even refinance plus check engine light and airbag light on got charge $100 to take my car to be looked at just to tell me it’s my coils but once I fixed it myself still cuts off and shakes

• De
    Demonta Walker Sep 05, 2018

Drivetime has destroyedmy trust in car purchased. I noticed a VERY VERY HIGH PURCH BEEPINGSOUND qhen starting my vehicle on August the 28th 2018..Then my car was taken on August 30th 2018, My wife answered the door for our food delivery and noticed the car was not in our driveway.

I contacted Bridgecrest and they stated It was repoed ..I have been making payments on this vehicle for a year EVERY 3RD OF THE MONTH. The COSIGNERhad abandoned the vehicle the first Month it left the LOT.OF DRIVETIME which put the payment only $1000 behind and as a Nursing Grad In CARDIOLOGY as an ASSISTANT in private practice I have been taking over the responsibilities like cl9ck work.

So, I made an $870 Payment over the phone the same day to BRIDGECREST and picked up the vehicle. When I got home I heard and followed the loud ANNOYING PURCHING AND NOTICED A BOX WITH WIRES...(ITS A TRACKER) I DO REMEMBER DENYING THAT OPTIONIN MIAMI WHEN I PURCHASED INTO THE CONTRACT WITH DRIVETIME, YET THEY STUCK.IT IN THIS CAR AND IT HAS BEEN THERE FOR A YEAR WITHOUT ME KNOWING..
    I HAVE BEEN STALKED, TRAILED, HARASSED and have have my PRIVACY STOLEN FROM ME AND MY FAMILY.

I NEED A LAWYER WHO IS WILLING TO FIGHT AND STOP THIS ON GOING ISSUE.

L WALKER

• Re
    rebecca burns Aug 23, 2018

I purchased car 3 years ago. First time I took it in for alignment was about 1 year later. 3 different mechanics said the vehicle had major rust problem and they could not do anything for fear of parts breaking. I’ve gone thru 4 sets of tires during 40, 000 miles I’ve put on it. Averex warranty is worthless because they won’t fix anything. They state it’s normal wear and tear. Value today is 937.00 but I owe 9, 000. The interest they charged doubles price of car.

• Om
    Omarcito89 Aug 20, 2018

Hello my name is Omar I bought a Bmw from drivetime and Its been in the shop like 6 times sense I purchased it.I also got ripped off and would like to be part of this.

• Eb
    Ebonee24 Aug 12, 2018

I bought a jeep from drive time only had it for three months and it no longer worked. They sent it to pep boys who stated they fixed it. I drove it for about three weeks and it just stopped on me. I then took it to precision tune and was informed that my car was flooded. They say i needed a new transmission, and some more stuff. I will make sure to have all paper work for the action suit.

• Su
    Sugarkane Aug 10, 2018

I bought a 2010 CRV from them. I'm all for the lawsuit, , , [email protected]

Jennifer WeaveQueen Martin Jul 01, 2018

Drive time is the worst experience of my life I am stuck with a vehicle that I am currently making payments for monthly in the vehicle is not in drivable condition the car has been on drivable for over two months now and I am still making payments I am a single mother that works two jobs and have a disabled child that needs to get treatment twice out of the week from the doctor my car issues is my engine I have to replace my engine twice in one year I would like to be part of your lawsuit due to lack of transportation to the hospital for my daughter she is now in ICU please pray for us This is a picture of my daughter before she was hospitalized

• Ta
    takenemback Jun 05, 2018

Complete S#[email protected] show with Bridgecrest/Drive Time... Please add me to the class action...
    Car was taken for one month not paid (my fault) same day got it back after paying to get it again (my fault)... Went on my credit report as a charge off not showing that I am making payments have been on time for over a year and credit report reflects FP (Fail Pay)... Contacted Bridgecrest SEVERAL TIMES asked why it was a charge off #1 when I recovered the car SAME DAY and #2 why would my credit report not show as being PAID ON TIME! P.S. Car I am going to swear was in an accident but to late for me to handle that one.

• Mz
    Mzangie Jun 04, 2018

My name is miss Jackson and I will Definitely like to be on this class action lawsuit my axels broke on me in the middle of driving only had this car for a year I’m not understanding but they will then countless of harassing calls as well

• Rh
    rhondas129 May 29, 2018

count me in. bought car 2016, always had a tpm light. The engine ate oil, I had to add even after an oil change. it was missing some trim pieces. you will never p[ay it off. you cant refi it. I let em have it back. I am waiting to see if they try and garnish my wages, which in the Carolinas is a No-No. They do not allow anything but taxes and child support to be garnished. Consumer loans are credit related and not allowed. [email protected]

• Ha
    Harriet brown Apr 23, 2018

Yes had issues with the warranty cover nothing paid a thousand dollars today to get my car fix.and the company over charges for the cars.

• Ni
    Nikkiupset Mar 16, 2018

I would like to be included in the class action lawsuit. My story is the same as others whom are being ripped off .

Jerimiah Smith Feb 23, 2018

Ha - SilverRock is Drivetime suckers. They prey upon and fleece the less fortunate twice by not only selling them a POS, they can sell them an overpriced warranty that covers next to nothing along with an outrageous deductible. They keep it all in house. They may say they are separate companies but I assure you, both companies operate out of the same building. How this is not a complete conflict of interest has me puzzled. Maybe no one has bothered to look into their practices at a state attorney general level.

• Ty
    Ty Ortega Feb 22, 2018

Hello my name is Tyisha Ortega I was sold a lemon from Drivetime here in Aurora, Colorado and would love to join the class act action against Drivetime. I’ve had parts replaced out of pocket and now today having to replace a thermostat housing $400 tho I brought their coverage plan I’m still having to come out of pocket only 17 months into my lease. The car 2013 Chevy Cruze is only worth $10, 000 max if sold to private buyer but after re-reading paper work I’ll have to pay over $30, 000. The car came with 72k miles and was price at $13, 000 before their taxes and hidden fees. Their coverage plans is trash and non reliable and their selling cute lemons to the middle class folks looking to purchase reliable vehicles. So yes please respond with more info or any questions you have for me. Thank You!!!

Email: [email protected]
    Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

• Li
    Lici Jan 23, 2018

[email protected] Please add me to the lawsuit, I’m paying $420 a month for a 2012 Ford focus. I was told t
    he only recall on it was the rear latch door. Turns there’s a recall on the transmission as well but I was never informed. Now there’s a shudder everytime I accelerate