Dress BarnBilling Practices / Customer Service

M

I am a Canadian who was shopping in the US. While in a Dress Barn store I was offered a store credit card. When I questioned if I was eligible I was guaranteed that it did not matter I was from Canada - payments were easy to make from either side of the border. It took two months to receive my first bill - by which time they had charged me a late payment fee. I was not able to register on the company website to make my bill payment - does not accept anything except USA addresses. All of the normal payment methods are not available to non-US addresses except to pay by money order or by another credit card - both of course costing you more money! I sent a money order, closed the account and thought I was done...Noooooo...they took 3 weeks to apply the payment during which time they sent another bill with another late payment charge ($20 each month) and they continue to harass me and refuse to acknowledge the account as being paid in full. I have written a letter and made several phone calls stating I have no further business with them. Any suggestions on how to finish this off? I refuse to let a greedy company with nasty customer service agents win this battle!