DR Horton Homespoor quality

R Review updated:

Their homes are made with poor quality materials and sub standard workmanship. I recently visited their newest community in Hudson Florida. You should see the quality of these homes. They look like they are being put together by 5 year old with Lego blocks. Buyer beware. In a few years after your warranty expires you will have structural and foundation issues. You will have plumbing issues and electrical issues. Stay away from these homes. You can thank your lucky stars you did later on. I'm a professional Home inspector and I have a friend whose a professional custom home builder. And we both agree. They are a piece of crap.

Don't buy. They only care about numbers. And are in a rush to sell sell sell. They have a huge turn around in their sales staff. Why? Some have ethics and a conscience and know what's going on. Or they just don't sell upgrades and gouge the customer.
Others don't care and need to make money and as long as it doesn't affect them they don't care. Beware. Think about why they named it Express Homes. All their locations have "Express Homes". Especially at the newest location in Hudson Florida. One of many areas with sinkhole issues.

Ray DeFelipe Jul 24, 2016

I agree. I've been there and seen it with my own eyes. You don't find good builders unless they are private. These cookie cutters look out for Wall Street. And their own personal family.

Ray DeFelipe Jul 24, 2016

John Paresi here. I was planning on buying a home in Hudson. Will steer clear. Thanks Ray. What else are they hiding?

Ray DeFelipe Jul 24, 2016

I have heard and read the same thing from other posts about this builder. And the sales staff lie to you in your face. It's their commission if they don't get that house to close. They don't care. Once they sell out. On to the next community and bunch of suckers.

• Fe
    Feistyvcsc Jun 19, 2019

We purchased a home DR Horton Express South EXPRESS and now we know why these homes are called express!!!
    250k and looks like we bought it a an auction on the court steps on a Tuesday morning. They are about money ad numbers. Once you are in the home buyer beware.. DR HORTON homes come with an 11 month warranty however they take 10 months to fix a simple nail pop!!! RUN RUN RUN do not buy DR HORTON