D.R. Hortonhating to be lied to

C Jul 11, 2018 Review updated:

I work from home. I teach graduate school online. I asked specifically who the internet service was from and was told Mediacom. It was listed on the "numbers to call" list as well. After closing, I call to set up my services to find out this house is NOT serviced by any internet provider. The guy at the sales office said he wasn't aware there was any problem with the service when he told me that. Once I meet neighbors they all say that is a lie because they have all lived here longer than me and were told that also after they moved in some as long as 8 months ago.
I have Alexa's I can't use. I have a Simplesafe security system I can't use. I can't teach my class as they should be because I am working through my phone service provider.
I just wish I hadn't been lied to just to sell me a house. They suck!

• Di
    DiDu Jul 16, 2018

That appears to be the usual route - based on incompetent sale reps and site supervisors. Please ensure that you continue to communicate via email, no phone calls. You have to have everything documented should you decide to enter arbitration. I have my own story since purchasing a home April 23 in Hampton GA.