Dooney & BourkePoor quality of purse

K

I used a new Dooney & Bourke purse for 2 months before the strap broke after just normal use. Their best offer was to replace the dog hook for $5 and charge me $7.50 for shipping. The repair and shipping should have been free. The purse strap was defective and should have lasted more than 2 months. Considering the prices they charge, they should stand behind their products. Don't bother spending money on these over-priced, poorly made purses.

• Je
    Jency1 Aug 27, 2016

For the last 28 years I have purchase one Dooney and Bourke leather handbags. I currently own 30 DB handbags, and 3 watches. I ordered the Editors Traveling Tote in black. Below is a list of events that has happen:
    A. I used the Trade in Program ($137.50), and I placed the order for the Editors Travel Tote in Black. The balance was put on my credit card. I was very disappointed when I received the handbag. The front of the handbag had full grain leather. The sides/bottom of the handbag is made from smooth leather. The upper part where the buckle is located, and the back of the handbag is a mix of full grain/smooth leather. This was clearly a defective item. A leather handbag should have the same type of leather. I returned the handbag, completed the return form, included the shipping receipts($14.30), and ask for a replacement as instructed by Customer Service Rep. for reimbursement. Also, I included a note asking for someone to inspect, and make sure the leather was okay.
    B. On 08/20/16 I received the replacement handbag. The second handbag was made up of the same leather as the first handbag that I returned. No shipping reimbursement was received.
    C. I contacted Customer Service Rep vie email explaining this situation about the second handbag. I also attached photos(.jpeg) of the handbag. I wanted to know if the Editors Travel Tote was made from two types of leather. I mention that I did not want pay shipping fees again for another defective bag being deliver to me. Thinking of another option, I ask when the Return Department receive the defective Editor Travel Black Tote, could Dooney & Bourke do the following:
    Credit my VISA Account in the amount of $170.13.
    Send me a gift card in the amount of $137.50.
    Send me a check in the amount of $26.00 Shipping cost.
    The response that I receive from “C” option, was to fill out the return sheet with a copy of the Shipping Receipt. The rest of my inquiries was ignored.
    D. I called(08/22/16), and spoke with a Customer Service. I asked if there was a way she could check to see if all of the Editor Travel tote's leather is made up like the ones that I received. She informed me that she would call the stores that carry the handbag, and call me back. I gave her my contact numbers. No one has called or left a message. I am force to keep this handbag because I do not feel that this company will do the right thing! I will never purchase another dB handbag.