Dish TV Indiaharassment and disconnection issue

R

I had taken a DISH TV VC card in January 2007 for 6 months free in CAS affected area of Vasant Kunj. They have disconnected my VC in the 3rd month and have not solved my query. There customer service executives even hung up on me. They have still not solved the problem and also the dealer is not helping.

Please advise and help.

Regards,
Rahul Kakkar.

• Updated by Dish TV Helpdesk · Jul 11, 2007

Hi Rahul,

I thank you for taking time to write a detailed feedback on our services. I understand and apologize for the fact that we were not able to live up to your expectations.

With reference to your complaint, Please share your VC No., complaint No (if any) along with your Contact Number with us. on our mail id : [protected]@gmail.com

And will check this at our end and get back to you ASAP.

Contact us: [protected] , [protected]

DISH TV HELP DESK

• Updated by Dishtv Helpdesk · Sep 26, 2007

Dear Mr. Ray,

Thanks for sending us your valuable feedback and details.... and i hope your problem has been resolved now.

Please check once again and revert in case of any issue.

Please leave your remark/ comment here if your problem have been resolved completely.

Dishtv Helpdesk
    Email: [protected]@dishtv.in
    contact No: [protected], [protected]
    Website: www.dishtvindia.in

• Ms
    M.Srinivasa Rao Jun 11, 2007

After CAS is made mandatory in Mumbai, DishTV was installed in our new building at Thakur Village, Kandivali East. I paid 3 months subscription starting 15 February and was informed on phone by DishTV's Noida office sometime in March / April 2007 that the subscription is valid up to 14 August 2007, in line with DishTV's offer during cricket World cup season, of 3 months free viewing.

When I returned from a fortnight vacation, I noticed on 2 June that all my pay channels were deactivated. When I contacted DishTV's local dealer / service provider M / S Bhagyashree Electronics in Borivali, I was informed that they have lost my payment details in their database and that the system was showing Rs. 300 outstanding even though the subscription validity is shown as 14 August 2007.

I once again provided the details, but the channels were not activated. Innumerable calls to the company did not help. It promised every time that the database was updated and that the channels would be activated by the evening and that I should keep the STB tuned to channel 100/ 550/ 662. So many days have passed but nothing happened. I am shocked by the insensitive attitude of Dish TV and its service provider by making the customer suffer for no fault of his, but due to absence of sound business practices in place at DishTV. When will the pay channels be activated and will the subscription validity be extended beyond 14 August 2007 by an equivalent period of deactivation? Who says customer is the king? Definitely not with DishTV, which treats its subscribers as trash. Can somebody draw Mr.Subhash Chandra's attention to the series of complaints about DishTV on this site? Where can we have his email address?

M.Srinivasa Rao
    12 June 2007

• Ha
    Harsh Kumar Garg Jun 15, 2007

I had recharged my dish TV on dated 13-05-2007 or 14-05-2007 of Rs. 500/- for dish maxi plan. But till yet all the channels are not started or provided on my dish & now i seem that my renewal date is on 13-06-2007 for the payment of Rs. 500/-.

• Sk
    S K Kohli Jun 20, 2007

It is not possible to reach their customer services phone. It is on IVRS. First we are put on hold and then the computer says that our call can not be completed.

It is also not possible to enroll for web access.

With this kind of service, they are sure to lose many many customers to Tata sky or other new comers.

S K kohli

• Up
    Upendra M Nayak Jun 25, 2007

They have abruptly de-activated my 1 year subscription too when I had still 3 months to go for its expiry forcing me to call them and ask for reasons. It was then that they told me that I owe them some money on account my viewing 3-4 movies on MOD channel. If only they had sent me a bill for these movies, I would have paid it instantly. Now that they have downloaded & installed a software upgrade in all customers' STBs, you can use these STB boxes for their service only unless you know how to change the software to the original or default software so that you can at least view Doordarshan India's FTA channels. If anyone knows how to change it.

• Si
    Siddharth Singh Jul 16, 2007

I have been suffering these insensitive, incompetent, useless executives for more than 1 year. My complaint number is 7286167 and my VC number is [protected].

The dealer cheated me and I have been complaining for 1 year now I have spent thousands on phone calls and have waited hours on the phone only to be cut off, assured that the services will be activated. Then nothing happens.

• Di
    Dino Raj Paul Jul 21, 2007

Hi ,

I am Dino who shifted from Pune last month. I want to install my dish tv here and need the service center number or someone who can suggest me. Its been difficult for me to get some one to install this, over here.

I don't mind my mobile being charged. I stay in madivala bangalore.

Dino

• Ra
    Ramesh Jul 25, 2007

I unfortunately took the dish tv connection on 11-July-2007 and my connection has still not been activated. The numerous calls to the customer care fall into deaf ears. All I get to hear is ""We'll call you in 4 to 24 hours". But, I have not yet received even a single call. Once when I demanded to speak to a senior officer, the customer care agent??? Swore at me (That ###er forgot to put the phone on mute while doing so). After that the call mysteriously got disconnected. I have recorded the entire call on my phone and I am planning to use it as as legal evidence if required.

I am not able to see even the FTA/Doordarshan channels. I am planning to approach the consumer court and get refund. I have had enough of "No Dish TV". If any dishtv employee is reading this, my complaint no is 7773127.

But I am sure no one from dishtv would read this as these guys don't know how to speak english.

• Pr
    Prabhat Kumar Ray Sep 18, 2007

I sent my subscription to dish TV through 2itz cards of Rs. 150 each, but they didn't renew my subscription. I reside in a remote rural area and the agent is not at all attentive to his job although he was very eager to sell the connection. I tried to communicate this to Dish TV through phone but failed because whenever I got connected I listened only ads and ads. There was none to take the complaint. I don't know what will happen to my payment? They say a lot but their service or customer care is highly frustrating.
    All channels have been promptly deactivated. When I contacted Dish TV's local dealer at the district HQ at Samastipur he showed his helplessness. I wanted to renew subscription through internet but I had two itz cards of Rs 150.00 and the format developed for online renewal didn't accept my entry on the ground that the amount should never be less than the subscription amount. What a person having two itz cards will do ? Why are the dealers selling these cards? I don't know who will come to my rescue? My V C No. [protected]. I sent the subscription on !4th Sept. as SMS to 57575 through my cell phone.
    Please help, if possible.
    P K Ray

• De
    Deepak from chennai Sep 30, 2007

Iam Deepak from chennai.Past 3 days iam not able to see sunnetwork tamil channels.I made a call to customer care to more that 10 times but no proper response,they just make me to wait for 10 mins in line and then automatically the line will be disconnected.Atlast one person called me and said your channels are activated (from the number [protected]).But after that call Iam not able to see any tamil channels now.It is fully blank.Now iam keeping disvtv as toy to play...and soon i will thru into dustbin.My contact Number [protected]

• Na
    naresh kumar h Mar 15, 2008

Dear Sir,

I want details regarding subscription. Can we subscribe single channel to watch. If so please give information to my email. Ok.

• Aj
    Ajit May 18, 2008

Hi,
    How do I check my account how much days balance or due date/
    Please write proccedure.
    It should be a simple method to fill the receiver card number in the box and should get the status.
    Anyways thanks if you write in details.
    With regards,
    Ajit

• Gu
    gurmeet singh Jul 06, 2008

i want to know that ndtv imagine or neo cricket channel dishtv pe kab ayenge
    pls tell me

• Mo
    mohdfasiullah Sep 17, 2008

actually i have paid rs 1800 for my renewal through my credit card and my brother also paid rs 2000 through cash but my statement is showing only 6 months validity. so what can i do now.

• Ij
    ijazkhan Sep 26, 2008

can i see india vs autrailia cricket series in india on dishtv india

• Sc
    S C KOHLI Mar 10, 2009

I had written about a dozen Complaints to Dish TV from June to August 2008 to Customer Care but was frustated with their Response ( VC - [protected]). Thereafter I changed my Service provider and the money spent upon Dish, Set top box and installation by me gone waste.

S C KOHLI
    E-mail [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ku
    kumarSS Apr 19, 2011

I had similar exp VC no [protected]

• Mo
    mohdkhizar Feb 04, 2014

Hi I have a problem with my dishtv reciever its showing me problem again and again i have credit it 7 th of april but its showing me vc card deactivated please recharge, please help me to solve this problem, i have call the centre they ask me to took card out and put in again i did but its comming for 2 secs and then the same vc card deactivated my no.[protected]. and please reply me on my email address mohammedkhizar.[protected]@gmail.com thanksyou.