Complaints & Reviews

Auto shipping

32 DAYS AND STILL COUNTING...

This message comes in frustration and desperation...with a very simple question: When will our cars be delivered?

The order nos are [protected] and [protected]. Two cars dropped on June 26th at the eagle auto drop off in Seneca Falls, Upstate NY to be transported to San Jose CA.

ETA given was July 12th. We understand there could be delays during transport but guess what... The cars haven't yet been picked up (today being 7/28)

Even more frustrating is the answers we get from the inefficient customer service department and Manager Mia Collins... ' No updates' the easy way out of further questioning is 'you could cancel the contract and find another service...'. Sometimes she doesn't even return calls!

Really? Telling the customer to find another service after 30+ days of being paid for a service is unacceptable, unethical and completely not DEPENDABLE; Why were we not told in the first place that these guys are too overbooked and are short of trucks and drivers? Why are they still accepting new quotes? Why can't they do their bit and move wires to reach customer satisfaction and deliver a product already paid for? Who pays compensation for the cars rented week after week for not having our own cars delivered? This is unacceptable!

This is not dependable at all...This is a horrendous service... Please please dont waste your time, money and peace of mind. Any questions call me at [protected]

Call anyone else ! 28 days and they can't tell me where my car is !

Fast to pick up and take your money. Then all they do is lie. They send daily emails that say nothing but " car in transit". I have shipped many cars as a collector. Don't use these guys. Very bad after they grab your car. 28 days and I have zero info as to where my car is. Calling AG tomorrow to file complaint even if I have to drive to Dallas to sign it. Call me anytime [protected]. My order is [protected]

Fraud, took money and did not deliver the service

The company was contracted to ship my truck from AZ, USA to St John, USVI. They received a wire transfer (pre-payment) for the cost of shipping my truck. When the truck arrived in the Virgin Islands I went to pick it up. I had a receipt from DAS (bill of lading) showing that DAS had paid the shipping cost to the shipping company. They actually had not paid the cost of shipping even though they had been paid 45 days earlier, my truck was not released to me. DAS told me to go ahead and pay the shipping cost and they would reimburse me (right- they really think I'm a fool) DAS finally paid the shipping company, 3 days later, only after being threatened with legal action. Buyer beware, they are crooks and thieves, will take your money.

This company uses fake offers and sales in order to obtain the details of the customers

I got the email from Das Auto Shipper.com. They offered me some products and big sale, and I needed to fill the application form and provide them. Guys, don’t do it, because they will take your details and charge you card without your authorization. These people are liars and thieves. So, please be careful and spread this information in order to warn all users.

Late delivery and damage

DAS is the worst! I got my car shipped from Minneapolis, MN to Seattle, WA in Feb 2008. It took them 4 week...

The car was destroyed

DAS Auto Shippers took delivery of my car and guaranteed to deliver the car from Phoenix to Boston in 7 to 9 days. The car arrived after 3 weeks with the following damage: the speedometer and odometer had been disconnected, which leads us to believe the car was stolen and driven. All of the windows were left open during shipment and the car traveled through very bad weather and rain. The car was filled with seveal inches of water, which destroyed the interior and several electronic modules located under the seats. We contacted DAS to claim the damages and asked that they return our shipping fee and include $200.00 to have the car cleaned. We have heard nothing from them!

• Ti
    Tirhas Andeberhan Sep 17, 2008

DAS is the worst!

I got my car shipped from Minneapolis, MN to Seattle, WA in Feb 2008. It took them 4 weeks to arrive. They promised within two weeks. When my car arrived, there were scratches on the doors, dents and was very dirty. There were 100 miles more on it then when I dropped it off. I called DAS and wrote letters asking for an explanation and they have not replied.

I ran out of options so I’ve located the names of the owners of the company and I’ve been sending emails hoping someone will hear my call.

Here are the contact names for DAS corporate incase anyone needs it.

Rick LaForge – CEO

Glenda Gideon – Customer Relations Manager

Press Release –

• Fr
    FRED Oct 19, 2008

DAS HAS TO BE THE ABSOLUTE WORST SHIPPER IN THE WORLD. THEY ACTUALLY WRECKED MY 'DREAM' CAR (JAGUAR), AND THEN THE UPSET DRIVER GOT A HAMMER AND DESTROYED THE INTERIOR TO BE A JERK. THEY NOW REFUSE TO RESPOND. CAR IS UNDRIVEABLE AND WE LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AND WARN ANYONE TO BEWARE!! DAS AUTOSHIPPERS RIPOFF!! DAS AUTO SHIPPERS WILL ROB YOU!! WORST COMPANY IN THE USA IN MY HONEST OPINION. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE COMPANY AND THIEFS THAT JUST STEAL IN A DIFFERENT WAY!!! ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!

• Da
    DAS Customer Care Oct 27, 2008

DAS has researched this particular move. The "white spots" were reported 5 days after the customer received the vehicle. It is extremely difficult to determine if this condition occurred during transit or in the 5 day period thereafter, as the condition was not noted when the customer accepted the vehicle in California. There is no notation on the BOL of the vehicle being too dirty to inspect at time of delivery, although there is a notation that the vehicle was too dirty to inspect when it was picked up by DAS in NJ. In spite of that, DAS made a good faith offer in excess of $900.00 to address the spots and a small scratch on a door handle. Rather than accept the offer, the customer disputed their credit card payment for the move. In regards to the credit card dispute, American Express ruled in favor of DAS. To date, the customer has not accepted the $900 offer.

• Da
    DAS Customer Care Oct 27, 2008

This is in response to Mr. Andeberhan's comment above. His story is very inconsitent with reality. Firstly, he scheduled his car to be dropped off at our MN terminal on Feb 6th. Instead, he dropped it off on Feb 8th which menas it missed the transport is was assigned to. This is like missing your flight and blaming the airline for messing up you travel plans. And secondly, when the car was received at destination, there was absolutely no damage noted on the Bill of Lading, Addtionally, he signed a wash form confirming that the exterior had been washed and the interior was clean. In spite of these "non-issues", DAS extended a $100 discount off a future move as a token of good faith.

• Te
    TechnoAngel Feb 10, 2010

I shipped cars twice with DAS. Once, one of the rims was scratched. My claim was filed, someone came out and looked at it and I got my money for a new rim. No complaints what so ever.

• Pr
    prasvenk Nov 15, 2018

they don't have the ability to ship the car but charged my credit card and did not ship the car for a month.Also charged me to take my car back.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices