Dealathons.comThis is not a site that I would want to give business to

G

The information about a deal was very vague so I contacted the company for more information. They did not return my call despite leaving 2 messages. I sent a message to dealathon advising them of my poor experience with one of their service providers and was given a nasty reply. This is not a site that I would want to give business to. There are a ton of other daily deal web sites that offer good customer service and deal with legit companies.

dealathonsowner Jul 29, 2016

Hi, we have tried to reach out to you numerous times. According to our records a refund was provided. Please confirm with me at [email protected]

Sarimiele Jul 29, 2016

I purchased 2 painting vouchers awhile back. Painters didn't show up. I contacted Dealathon who said they would send me a credit. Great - I have a credit memo. Doesn't do me much good unless they actually put the money back in my paypal account. That was 10 business days ago.

I guess the next step is to notify paypal that I've been ripped off.

• La
    Lamtike Jul 29, 2016

I emailed them (no response), emailed two days later (no response), emailed two weeks later (no response), called them (inbox was full), called them and left a message (no response), called them (FINALLY SOMEONE ANSWERED YAAAAAYYYYYYY).

Customer service is terrible and the girl on the phone didn't seem too concerned that the merchant did not give the full spectrum of services. She offered me a $20 credit and I was out $100.

• Am
    Amdem Jul 29, 2016

Can you say beyond frusterated... I had bought 5 different vouchers for a resturant that had no expiry date however the place has since closed. I called May 15th for a refund and was assured that they would mail a refund to my home address as no credit card information was stored. Nothing came, phoned again on August 15th and spoke to the same person who said that they would re-issue the cheque for me and that someone from from accounting would call me the next day to confirm a tracking number. There was no call so I called back and spoke to the same girl who assured me that the cheque had been put in the mail that morning, August 17. I asked for a managers name and extension to follow up. To date I still haven't received a refund, so i just phoned back for the third time and spoke to Anton, who assured me that it would be in the mail in the morning. I requested again for a tracking number and was told that he was unable to provide it until the morning. So lets see what happens tomorrow.

dealathonsowner Jul 29, 2016

Hi, My name is David and I am writing on behalf of Dealathons. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience and to let you know that I will take care of this issue for you right away. Please email me at [email protected] Sorry again for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

• Ki
    Kiosex Jul 29, 2016

BUYER BEWARE … If you really need to purchase from Dealathons.com please use a credit card where you can easily dispute the charge(s). I am an avid user of the deal/coupon/voucher sites and have not encountered such lack of respect to their customers and poor quality vendors (basically scammers). In my case I requested a refund for a voucher which specified they accepted paypal which after much effort found out the dealathons vendor no longer accepted payal. The vendor did not return my many emails and phone calls pertaining to this issue … instead I was informed from paypal themselves. I then proceeded to contact dealathons numerous times via email and phone (if anyone answered it was always ‘the person you need to speak with is not in right now I will have her call you back’). Suffice to say they never ever called or emailed me back. To-date I still have not received my refund nor a reply. Nice.

Dealathons Jul 29, 2016

Hi, My name is David, I work here at Dealathons. Can you email me [email protected] and I will solve this issue right away. Please put "complaint" in the header of the email.

Dealathons Jul 29, 2016

Hi Leticia, I have looked into your case and we have refunded this transaction. The refund transaction ID on Paypal is 9R7913331E209564C

Again if for whatever reason you feel this was not solved please email me at david at dealathons dot com and I will be happy to help you further. A goodwill $10 credit has also been added to your Dealathons account.

• Le
    Leticia28 Jul 29, 2016

This website is most definitely a scam. 2 months ago I ordered a 30 dollar product, not really anything worth scamming people on in my opinion but evidently... Anyway, I've emailed them, called them all hours of the day. Within business hours or outside of them the phone does nothing but ring and send you to voicemail if you're lucky, if you're not lucky it just hangs up on you.

I paid using paypal but unfortunately gave this "company" the benefit of the doubt until I passed the time I could launch a complaint. I'm going to let Paypal know regardless that this company has no intention of doing business properly but I'd be surprised if I ever hear from this place again. Buh Bye 30 bucks.

andreas s Feb 17, 2015

I had a $170 credit with dealathons which magically disappeared when nCrowd bought the company. According to nCrowd, they were never made aware of any credits and they were never passed on by dealthons.
    I'm filling a complaint with the BBB. I'm not expecting to ever see my money again but these crooks needs to be taken down before they make away with more ppl's hard earned money. I believe the same ppl are now running deal's club or similar.

Very disappointed and angry about this.

• St
    strumminman Nov 10, 2014

Ordered items Sept.19/14. Still have not received any items to date. Numerous emails have not been replied to. Their phone #s do not work.

• Sh
    Shopper1234 Feb 27, 2014

Stay away fro this site. The owner David Magazzinich is a fraud. He along with a guy called Steve are launching a site called dealsclubcanada.com ... Please be aware and do not let them rob you..

• Bo
    Bochokoy Jan 16, 2014

FROM A MERCHANT!

I am a merchant and have serviced all the customers that had paid and ordered a deal from dealathons. I have never gotten any payments from Dealathons. They keep saying the cheque is in the mail. It took me 3months to receive the cheque from them. When I finally received the cheque and deposited it, the cheque came back!! We are going to file a lawsuit against this company and the Owner/CEO David for SCAM and FRAUD!!!

So Merchants out there, try to pull out all your deals from this company!! There is no way thr Dealathons are ever going to pay you!!!

Also Consumers, beware!! Do not purchase from Dealathons!! You will surely get
    Disappointment and frustrated. The reason why the merchants are not honouring your vouchers, is because dealathons do not pay their Merchants!!!

Any merchants out there who are willing to file a lawsuit
    Against Dealathons, email us at [email protected]
    and our lawyer will process everything!

• Sl
    Slim4sure Jun 28, 2013

Hi There----

I am a merchant and did a deal with dealathon. I have never seen a cent and had to tell my customers finally that I can no longer finance it any longer. My customers where very mad at Dealathons. I told them to get their money back through their credit card company. Do not think that Dealathons will give them their money back when they have not paid me. They keep on telling me that the cheque is in the mail...so after 4 months I just gave up on the whole thing.

• Ho
    Horse1 Apr 18, 2013

This is the worst company to work with. We featured a deal with them. Sent the products and they still have not paid us. It seems they like to screw their customers and vendors alike.

dealathonsowner Jan 24, 2013

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your experience with Dealathons. If you could email me the information to [email protected], I will rectify this issue for you right away. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Dealathons.com

• Wi
    Wirekes Jan 18, 2013

Terrible - Half of my purchases didn't even go through because they misinformed the public of what the companies wanted to offer. I am STILL (4 months later) waiting for my reimbursement of $300. I will never fall for this Dealathons trap again.

• Am
    Amirkode Jan 08, 2013

Stay AWAY, Never Buy anything through this website.

• Co
    Colipper Nov 22, 2012

At least it's better than dealfind as you can actually speak to someone on the phone, but their interest is in making money and not making sure the customers are happy. Buyer beware on these types of deals. Not sure I'll be using these deal websites ever again.

• 22
    2221 Nov 02, 2012

YOU ARE RIGHT BRO. THIS THING IS HAPPENING WITH ME. 1ST THEY SAID THEY WILL CALL ME FOR REFUND.
    NO ONE CALLED ME BACK NOW AFTER ONE WEEK I CALLED THEM, SAID ITS IN PROCESS. AND NOW AFTER ONE MONTH NOTHING IN MY VISA ACCOUNT ...

• Pa
    Partier Oct 24, 2012

Bought a voucher for a car wash from Dealathons. After many attempts to book, it turned out the company offering the car washes didn't really exist. i know this because I did a drive-by one day to ask for a booking in person and it was a deserted industrial unit. Asked Dealathons for a refund. Around 2 months later they finally pay up, into a Paypal account, so I consequently get charged a fee by Paypal. Not sure how stupid they think their customers are. They were hard to get to speak to, didn't return a single message and when I did get hold of somebody, they lied about the company being in business (repeatedly) and they lied about the refund being sent when it was originally supposed to have been. They even sent me a confirmation email for the refund, then conveniently 'forgot' to process it!

Being very generous and ignoring the fact that Dealathons did not check out the company properly in the first place, their customer service is appalling. Give them a wide berth, there are better deal sites out there.

Dealathons Oct 19, 2012

Hi, we are sorry if you feel this way. Please email me [email protected] and I will check into this asap and make sure a refund is issued.

SIncerely,
    David

• Bb
    BBBBB101 Oct 18, 2012

I purchased a voucher to use with a merchant that does not return calls or make an effort to schedule appointments. Whenever I do get in contact, she will say to call back, which I do and again, there is no response. I have raised this with Dealathon requesting a refund as I am unable to render their services and have not heard anything back. I have written up to three emails and still there is no response. This company does not care about what companies represent them, they don't care about the customers, all they want is your money. It makes me truly appreciate other group buy sites that take the time to acknowledge you, whether it be a concern or not. BAD BUSINESS!

• Fr
    Frienes Oct 10, 2012

Their website says you can get a refund within 14 days of purchase - WHAT A JOKE. I bought a voucher and requested a refund the next day when I found something cheaper, they said they would issue a refund, it's been a month now and still nothing. No reply when I follow up with them either. THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM.

• St
    Steve Wong Sep 28, 2012

Stay far far away from this place. The customer service with this company is horrible and that’s putting it nicely.

I purchased a coupon to use at a local business to use from this dealathons website. Something went wrong with the merchant and I was let down by their service. When I called I was expecting the person to at least listen to my concerns at dealathons, but instead of listening to my concern the rep only insulted me for redeeming the voucher in the first place. I was told by “David M.” that it was too bad that I didn’t have a good experience with the company I bought the voucher for. The website for dealathons refund policy states: “At Dealathons we strive to offer the best experience for our subscribers. We also understand that life happens, so we offer a 14 day refund policy on all of our deals, but remember that most of our deals don't expire so just hold on to it until you are ready to use it. “Dealathons stands behind every business featured on our site. Our mission is to offer our subscribers the best their city has to offer. We expect our subscribers to be treated well and to have a positive experience. If for whatever reason you feel you did not receive the services offered by the voucher you purchased or you were treated unfairly, please contact Dealathons at [protected] or email us at [email protected] and we will do our best to resolve the matter.”

The person even repeated the same refund policy on the site as we spoke. Everything I asked he countered as if I was personally attacking him. He said that he could not refund me as it would take away from Dealathons profits. They say they stand behind the businesses they promote but that is not true at all. This David M person said he was “the one and only working there”. Turns out this David M who really is David Magazzinich the CEO for this company, which truly now shows how the company is run. I will not be purchasing anything from this site again nor recommend it to anyone ever.

• Bu
    Butte Feb 02, 2012

I found the CEO David Magazzinich to be very unprofessional. Not only did he not reimburse me as he said he would; he also didn't pay the company that he did business with concerning this deal.

jon466 Dec 13, 2011

I paid for a deal for Beauty Bar for laser hair removal using paypal and i noticed the same thing about not having an account, but i got the voucher in my inbox when the timer expired.

• Jm
    jmcc444 Dec 09, 2011

I agree. I purchased a deal and paid through Paypal. It appears that if you do it this way, you do not have an account and your voucher does not go into an area where you can collect it, you have to wait for them to send it to you. I've sent e-mails, I've called (only received a response once, but this was before the deal closed. Since then no response and no voucher. I will probably have to go back to Paypal for a resolution of my money.) Jerks.