Cymax Storesawful company

I have never posted anything like this before but this company has made me so angry I had to do something. I ordered two sets of bedroom furniture. After a week or so I was given a delivery date that was about 3 weeks away. When 3 weeks came I still had no furniture.

To make a long story short they delivered the furniture about 5 weeks later then they promised. Then when it was delivered one of the pieces was damaged. We refused delivery on that piece and it has been two weeks without any information from Cymax about when they will ship the replacement.

I guess I'll just have to wait another two months!!! Please don't deal with this company!!!

• Valerie May 20, 2008

We recently ordered a bed and a dresser from one of Cymax's MANY sites. The dresser we received was damaged. We showed the damage to the delivery person but he still checked that the item was delivered in good condition. Because the damage was not noted on the delivery form, Cymax would not get a replacement for us. We called Cymax immediately after delivery to inform them of the damage and took pictures which clearly showed the item still mostly in the original shipping packaging. Yet, they claimed that because it wasn't on the form, all they could offer us was a measly dollar amount and a repair kit. To add insult to injury, part of the bed we ordered was missing and it took another week for that to be delivered and then when we went to put the bed together there were no instructions and we had to wait another few days to receive those. Buyer beware, if you choose to order from this company read all their "fine print" carefully as to not be taken advantage of by it. We will NEVER order from them again.

• Cg
    cgamble Aug 01, 2008

I have recently been through a horrible ordeal with cymax . I urge anyone who intends on purchasing from cymax to be very very very careful . When the mistakes are made by this company they make sure you lose . Again i can"t stress it enough buyer beware .

• St
    steveatlanta Oct 09, 2008

I had a terrible experience with Cymax stores - much delayed shipment and then outrageous restocking fee and shipping fee.

Don't buy from these crooks or at any of their online stores!

• Valerie Oct 13, 2008

This company should be put out of business and I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau. I ordered bunk beds from this company in June. They did not deliver until late July, but believe it or not, that's not even the problem. Before the delivery date, the distributor, Home direct, calls and informs us that they no longer assemble items in the home for liability reasons. We paid for white glove delivery which guarantees a half hour of assembly. Then, we waited around all day only to receive a call at the end of the delivery window time that their truck broke down and they couldn't deliver that day. But wait, there's more... when they finally delivered the item the guardrail was broken and unsafe to assemble because it would have put my small children at risk. We signed the paperwork that the items were damaged but the delivery person did not give us a copy and Cymax denied any of the items were broken. A month later, they sent us an email, stating that there was no damage to the product and threatening us that if we did not arrange for redelivery of the product that they would ship it back charging us over a thousand dollars in restocking and shipping fees!! Just to prove a point, we arranged for the delivery and they sent us the SAME BROKEN ITEMS. We have refused the items again and are disputing the charges with our credit card company. They are HORRIBLE. Do not order from them!!!

Mariel Nov 01, 2008

Cymax stores are truly awful. I placed an order two weeks ago. After not receiving any shipping info, I placed several calls and emails. None returned until I took time off from work to call them during the day and they said my item was backordered. I asked when was I going to be notified and all I got was silence and a lame "we just got the email today". How convenient, they ignored me for a week and then when I call them, they just got the email?! I cancelled the order and I am hoping I will get a speedy refund or I will dispute it with the help of Paypal. Awful company! Don't order with them.

• Ai
    Aimee Mendel Nov 04, 2008

Oh my goodness...I had no idea so many people had problems with this company. I ordered a tv stand; signed up with Ebillme, paid the money and never got a receipt. The money was debited from my account; when I sent Cymax an inquiry they had no record of this transaction but they did send me a Fed Ex tracking number that showed no package had been sent. Ebill me says this is between Cymax and me; Cymax is not being helpful at all and I am furious. I will not give up until I get my money back; if the item shows up at my doorstep tomorrow I am sending it back because I don't want to deal with these people.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Sh
    Shirley Pierce Dec 03, 2008

I purchased a dinette table with glass top and 4 chairs from Cymax Aug.4th. 2008, was told I would recieve in 2 weeks or less. After several phone calls I finally revcieved multiple table bases, and chairs, No tops. When I called they acted like I was an idoit and couldn't count. Finally after a month + they picked up extra pieces. After 2 months I recieved a headboard, (???news to me) I refused it, another call, ...got glass top but was broken. To make along store short, I called my credit card company to stop payment..at that point I recieved a new top. My credit card company paid my bill to cymax again, now they (cymax) keep calling me about payment...After first call I told lady bill was paid and I never wanted to hear from that company again, and would tell all not to order from them, but they keep on calling, I just don't answer the calls as they are on my cell phone and they are using up my minutes...PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. SUPRISED THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS..

• 1c
    1camp Dec 09, 2008

AGREE AGREE AGREE!! Do not think you are being a savvy consumer by purchasing furniture online from Cymax Stores. They have quite a racket going on - and really have you by the short hair when you want to complain. Horrible experience. Horrible wait time, damaged furniture, substandard product, condescending respoose - awful, maddening, frustrating. Ugh.

• Do
    DoctorA Dec 27, 2008

If you value your time, money, and sanity please donot purchase anything from this company. They are just a bunch of loosers that live off the hard earned money of honest people like parasites.
    Their "customer NO service" is only for lip service... that is if they ever answer your calls.
    I would never deal with them again nor would I advise any one to fall for their trap.

JAX8181 Feb 15, 2009

I agree - I ordered an office set from ComputerDesksNMore.com...only later did I realize it was part of Cymax Stores. The shipment was repeatedly delayed and their customer service team was completely unhelpful. I would NEVER EVER order anything from this company again!

• Dr
    dragonhawk Feb 22, 2009

Although I also had a bad experience, I do not think Cymax is all to blaim. You have to remember that Cymax does not actually ship, store, or make anything that they sell, so if you receive a broken product, the manufacturer you ordered it from is to blaim. I ordered a tv stand where the glass top was broke... I followed all of Cymax's procedures directly but never heard anything back for two weeks... So I went over Cymax's head and called the manufacturer directly and it was all rectified within a week. It appears the manufacturer gave Cymax instructions to give to me and Cymax did not follow through... Sure Cymax's customer service is not the best, but regarding broken products... That is not really Cymax's fault. If you are having problems with a broken product though, try doing what I did and call the manufacturer directly.

• Qa
    QAdmin Feb 26, 2009

I have ordered file cabinets from them before and have had few problems. This time they sent me the wrong cabinet. When I placed the order the sales lady told me to refuse shipment is something is wrong with it. That's what I did. When I called them to let them know they said that no one would ever tell me that. In essence they were calling me a liar. Then they said that they would not refund the shipping and I would have to pay a restocking fee. I just called the delivery driver and had him bring it back. They were completely unwilling to work with me to get the right file cabinet. I will NEVER by anything from them again!

• Sl
    slief Mar 09, 2009

I placed an order with Cymax 3 weeks ago for a coat rack. I called the order in. When I called it in, the sales person indicated that she had to call the manufacturer to verify stock. When she came back on the phone, she indicated that the had a few left and if I placed the order with her, she would have it shipped within a few days.. Based on that, I placed the order with her.

Since it had not arrived as of today, I decided to call only to find out that is was on back order and not due to ship until May. Whats worse is that they dont even notify you that there is either a problem with the order or a backorder. That is no way to do business!

In the mean time this was a birthday gift for my wife and now I am empty handed.

I have come to find out that Cymax does not handle any inventory and everything is drop shipped. Also, not that I have any issues with foreign companies but they are not even a US based company.

In a bad economy where business are struggling, this is no way to do business. I would hope they go out of business as they are doing a terrible disservice to those manufacturers whom they represent!

BUYERS BEWARE!!! Cymax is not a good company to do business with!

• Be
    Bey Mar 14, 2009

I wish I knew this !!!

I had really terrible experience, too. Ordered one bed and it took 20 days to be delivered even it says they would in 2 weeks.
    I kept calling and all they said was'Wait"! And then, when I opened it, it was damaged item(not damaged by UPS since there's no damage on the box).
    And when I called to cancel it since THEY HAD SENT ME A DAMAGED ITEM, they still said THEY WOULD CHARGE ME FOR RESTOCKING FEE AND SOME OTHER FEES!! So I complained but no help so I processed replacement of the item.

TO ORDER REPLACEMENT ITEM, I NEEDED TO CALL MANUFACTURER!

IT TOOK ANOTHER 3 WEEKS TO GET HERE EVEN THOUGH I TOLD THEM, 'WITHOUT THIS BED I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR''.
    I WILL SUE THEM, LET THEM PAY.

• Un
    Unhappy consumer Mar 16, 2009

Do not order from this company. 2/17/09 ordered a Serta futon mattress. Never received a shipping email, so I called them. I was informed it was on backorder with the manufacture and was promised a new shipping date. When that one past, I called again. Promised new shipping date, when that one past, I called again. Finally got a new shipping date and the product came when expected----all in all one month later. Well to my surprise, this grey futon matress has no stickers/tags on it indicating it is a Serta mattress. I finally located a warranty booklet inside indicating it is a Cannon Sleep product. Hmmmm...wonder if they did that on purpose. I have called today and let Cymax know. They said they'll ship a new one as soon as possible. We'll see about that. Just awful experience all around. Should've ordered from Target.

• Lo
    Lori Amber Mar 16, 2009

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. It is just awful how this company has treated you. I probably shouldn’t be sharing this information but I have the Vice Presidents of Cymax Online Stores contact information. I would recommend calling her and complaining directly as the call centre staff is extremely unhelpful, especially the agent by the name of Maureen.

Please post your results if you get any.

Shima J.
    shima.[protected]@cymax.com

• Cy
    CymaxStores Apr 09, 2009

Hi there,

I wanted to say how sorry I am that you had unpleasant experiences at Cymax Stores. We do our best to give you the best service and get our products out to you as fast as we can. At Cymax stores we try to do everything that we can for customer satisfaction. All our policies are plainly posted on our websites I apologize for any confusion. Our customer service team would love to talk to you if your issue has not be resolved please call us and we will do our best to solve your problems.

Cymax Stores
    [protected]

• Fj
    fjkakljfu Jun 24, 2009

Cymax is the worst possible company you could ever order ANYTHING from. Their return policy is horrible and everything arrives unassembled and lacking parts.

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE FROM CYMAX STORES!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Fr
    fred12345 Jun 28, 2009

DO NOT...I REPEAT..DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CYMAX...

BUYER BEWARE...THIS COMPANY'S RETURN POLICIES ARE AN ABSOLUTE SCAM. PRODUCTS COME DAMAGED. COMPANY DOES NOT OFFER FULL REFUNDS. THEY WANT YOU TO "SCAN" THE PRODUCT FOR DAMAGES AND ONLY RETURN THE PIECES THAT ARE DAMAGED. INSANE!...THEY LIVE IT UP TO THE UNTRAINED EYE TO SORT OUT WHAT IS ACTUALLY "DAMAGED" IN A PRODUCT THAT COULD BE DAMAGED NOT VISIBLY BUT INTERNALLY AS A RESULT OF POOR DELIVERY. NO COMPREHENSIVE RETURN POLICY THAT ADDRESSES FULL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

IF YOU WISH TO RETURN THE ITEM THEN YOU ARE HIT WITH ALL KINDS OF RESTOCKING FEES THAT REDUCE THE REFUND BY OVER 25%. NOT ONLY THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN RETURN!!..

• Ah
    A Harmon Jul 09, 2009

I am appalled by the service that I received from this company. I placed an order on 3 Jun 09 and have yet to receive it. (VRC121-1112911) Was advised on 1 Jul that it would ship on 2 Jul and then received an email on 8 Jul that the items had shipped with an expected arrival date of 14 Jul. Thats a 45 day time line and is absolutely unacceptable. I happened to look at the testimonials on their websire--must have been done by staff members. NEVER AGAIN!

• Ha
    Hate CYMAX Jul 21, 2009

I ordered my frined present from Cymax on June 9, 2009. In the suscription, they said "Expected to ship no later than July 15"
    Since I need the product on July 18, I ordered it.
    But, day passed and it was July 17, and I wan't getting anything from them.

I called them several time, and finally got, and had complained about the situation.
    They told me that they need to get a tracking number and get back to me soon.

After week passed I got a call from them that they do not have the product in their stock!
    What the hell!!!

I'll NEVER order anything from them again. EVER!

• Mn
    mnl Aug 01, 2009

I just received a bed from Cymax and when I tried to put it up, the head/foot board did not fit into the frame and it looked nothing like the illustrations on the instruction manuel. Plus, the quality is horrible. I called the manufacture to explain and the lady was very snappy and when I called her out on it she became really quiet. She advised that she will send replacement screws but how can a curved frame fit into a flat board?
    Now that I am looking at the other "stores" under the Cymax umbrella, I see that South Shore is a part of the chain and I had ordered a chest of drawer from there via Amazon.com. They sent the wrong support beam and the second drawer kept falling. When I called, they sent out the correct beam but the chest was already damaged. If I had know that it was all the same company, I would never have ordered from them.
    I am so upset! I was expecting a really nice bed.

• Br
    bradleydad Aug 29, 2009

Perhaps this is just the way some companies do business. You place an order, but Cymax doesn't really have the item. The order is sent to the company that does. So, there is no way to know when the order will be filled, but some day that company will fill the order, and meanwhile, Cymax says it's out of their hands. And some day that unnamed company will send me tracking information, and I might even receive the item.
    So, OK, it's not Cymax fault. I could have avoided the issue if I had not ordered from them.

Perhaps I'll get the desk before my son outgrows it.

• Hj
    hjohnson1971 Sep 01, 2009

This is why I always check with SmartSearchShopping.com. Whenever I want to buy anything, I go to SmartSearchShopping.com to compare prices, store reviews, and compare products.

• I HOPE ALL OF US WHO LEARNED COSTLY AND AMAZINGLY FRUSTRATING LESSONS FROM DEALING WITH THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY AT LEAST CAN HELP PREVENT OTHER UNSUSPECTING CONSUMERS FROM MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE. DO NOT ORDER PRODUCTS THROUGH CYMAX STORES. THE ENTICING PRICE AND MISLEADING PHOTOS WILL TRY TO FOOL YOU. BUYUER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW THE FOLKS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY WHO THEY TRAIN TO TAKE YOUR COMPLAINTS EVEN SLEEP AT NIGHT. THEY USE THE SAME CONDESCENDING VERBIAGE WITH EVERY PERSON, THEY ARE SHORT, RUDE, TRY TO MAKE YOU FEEL STUPID. IT IS BEYOND MADDENING. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT ONE OF THE CYMAX STORES GOALS, IT IS TO MAKE MONEY OFF UNSUSPECTING CUSTOMERS BY SELLING CHEAPLY CONSTRUCTED SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS. EVEN THE DELIVERY MEN WHO HAD TO TRY AND ASSEMBLE THIS JUNK TOLD ME I HAD BEEN TAKEN. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM CYMAX.

chevelle396 Oct 21, 2009

I think this is a great company. Bought 5 pieces of Stanley furniture for my daughter. When three pieces came in with minor scuff, dings, I called them. They asked me to email them pictures which I did. They asked me to accept the order and I was thrilled for this as my daughters room was cleaned out and it needed the furniture, minor blemish or not. The person I talked to followed up with me every other day and sent me updates of the shipping for her replacements. When it was all said and done, I asked what to do with the old damaged stuff. He told me to keep it for my aggravation. That it was not worth shipping back and forth. I said wow, really? Sure enough, 3 weeks later the new replacement dressers came and the old ones with damage have now completed a second bedroom. I was a little amazed at how nice, professional as well as generous they were. I mean they went out of their way for me to treat me as though I were dealing with Nordstroms. It was that good. Wait for their holiday sale days, It is nearly impossible to have them retro the price if you don't, they are sticklers on that. That amounts to about an additional 4% off, and worth it. I would highly recommend CYMAX. Remember, they have furniture at all price points, and you get what you pay for. Most complaints above are for the really cheap Chinese made stuff. Duh... what did you expect? I bought Stanley because its made in America and thats IMPORTANT to me. I looked at the dimensions and taped off my walls and floors with pieces of blue masking tape so I could see the dimensions in the actual room. I took my time and recommend you do the same.

• 1k
    1kuniroy2 Oct 27, 2009

I would like to add to the growing list of people who have had a TERRIBLE experience w/ Cymax Stores!!! My wife and I ordered a bed frame in late June and, as of November they now say we will get delivery in December! After giving them months to deliver we wanted a refund of the charges they made in June and, they kindly informed us there would be over $300.00 in charges for canceling! UNETHICAL!! DO NOT order anything from this company!!
    You will no where fast with these people.

• Te
    Ted Mayhem Dec 17, 2009

Do not order from CYMAX!

We orderd a platform bed approximately Nov 20th. That slats and side rails arrived Dec 11. We notified the trucking company, DB Shenker and Cymax that we did not receive the head or footboard. Cymax told my wife that someone would get back to her to arrange replacement. It is Dec. 17, and no one has contacted us or has any remedy when we contact them. Their customer service department is non-functional. Their tracking system does not work. Do not order from them!

• Li
    LisaBK Dec 18, 2009

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM CYMAX STORES. I purchased a Little Tikes Kitchen online from Children's Furniture Select which later I found out is part of Cymax stores. At the time of purchase I confirmed the availability of the item over the phone before making the online purchase. The estimated shipping date passed and I did not receive any communication from the company so I called the customer service. They told me the item is on backorder for at least one month. By this time one week has passed from my order date. But no one from the company told me about this backorder and they already charged my credit card. I canceled my order but did not receive confirmation. I called back 2 days later. they do not have a record of cancelation. I'm on my 3rd try trying to cancel my order for an item that they don't even have in stock. I asked to speak to the supervisor. They said that person will call me back. Guess what? No one called back. I make online purchase almost everyday and this by far has been the WORST ONLINE PURCHASE EXPERIENCE. STILL TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK FOR AN ITEM THAT WAS NEVER DELIVERED.

• Uh
    uhbilly Jan 13, 2010

This company is the worst ever. and they wonder why north american companies are not making it. damaged products, returned fees, ordered what seemed to be one simple table. took about 25 email and 20 calls to get what i asked for and i still paid $$. Took them off the approved vendor list. never ever to do business with. they should do the world a favor and close the business.

• De
    Debra740 Jan 21, 2010

I wish I had known ... This is my letter to Cymax...

Rick, Sorry to inform you.. But my experience w/Cymax is less than desirable

I should not have 13 e-mail n my Inbox from Cymax for a simple on line order.. If you would please follow the links to see that Cymax failed to offer Quality Customer Service.

First of all I never got a "personal" e-mail from Cymax when my order was place... Thu 12/17/09 11:20 PM.. It was left up to PayPal to deliver the message..

Your site says it will track my order.. So, on Monday, December 21, 2009 10:37 AM I logged in to the account.. Order still "Processing". No tracking number had been assigned. I immediately sent e-mail to cancel the order.

Wed 12/23/09 2:14 PM. Two days later I get "general" e-mail..

"Thank you for contacting Cymax Online Stores and sorry for the delay in our response.

Your order shipped with FedEx tracking number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and is estimated to arrive at your address tomorrow. (Christmas Eve) Therefore we are unable to cancel the order. Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions or concerns".

Cymax seems to have a lot of delay responses..

Sun 12/27/09 9:59 AM The return process begins.

I need to return this order..

I could not find the "request form" on your website..

Could you please supply me w/ a ( Return Merchandise Authorization ) number ?

Returning an item or Order

Please follow the directions below to submit a return request. This is not possible since there is no on "request form" at your website.

1. Submit your return request within 15 days of receiving your order, by logging into My Account.
    2. Complete the request form with as much detail as possible.
    3. Once your request is submitted, you can expect to receive an email from our Returns team within 1-4 business days.
    4. An RMA ( Return Merchandise Authorization ) number will be issued and sent to you via email along with the return instructions on how and where to return your order. Your RMA will expire within 15 days of receiving it, and items can not be returned past this date.
    5. Returns without an RMA number, will generally be refused by the return warehouse.
    6. The return tracking number needs to be provided to Cymax as soon as it becomes available from your selected carrier. This is an important step, so that we can confirm the return. Please save this tracking number for future reference.
    7. Once the item(s) are received in the expected condition at the manufacturer’s warehouse, Cymax Stores will issue applicable credits. Please note the inspection timeframe can vary by manufacturer. An email confirmation will be sent to you once we have processed your refund, which will go back to the original method of payment

Cancelling an item or order
    If we are unable to cancel your order as requested, you may return the product under our Standard Return Policy. If your order has successfully been cancelled, Cymax will process the refund back to the original method of payment within 3-5 business days.

Hello Debra

Can you please call our customer service [protected] we can fill our the return request form, we will need to know why you are returning, if you still have the original packaging, one the returns request form is filled out a returns agent will be in contact with you within 3-5 business days I have also provided our Standard Return Policy

Best regards,

At which point. Mon 12/28/09 7:08 PM . calling the above number became ridiculous . when finally someone actually answered Rick.. and you seemed quite user friendly..

From: Debra
    Sent: Mon 12/28/09 7:15 PM
    To: [protected]@cymax.com

I just spoken to your customer service representative "Rick".

He said he would send me an e-mail conformation and, I would be receiving a Return Authorization Number in 3 to 5 days.

Deb

On January 2nd.. I had not gotten any response from Cymax so I called PayPal and explained to them the awful service I was having.

It was not until after PayPal had contacted you I did get a reply ..
    Your Cymax Stores Order VRC121-1531388‏
    From: Michelle V (Michelle.[protected]@cymax.com)
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
    Sent: Tue 1/05/10 2:58 PM
    To: [protected]@msn.com ([protected]@msn.com)

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your order with Cymax Stores.
    I have requested the manufacturer to issue a Return Authorization number for the Panasonic Vacuum Canister 3 In 1 that you ordered, and I am still awaiting their response. I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience. Please note that the manufacturer will not issue credit if items are returned without authorization.

I have attached a breakdown of the credit that will be due once the items are received at our manufacturer's warehouse as per their Return Policy. The complete instructions to return your item will be emailed to you when we receive the Return Authorization number from the manufacturer.

Original Purchase: $122.99

Restocking Fee: $24.60

Outgoing Shipping Fee: $8.68 <<<<<<<<<<<<< This is ridiculous You offered "Free Shipping"... and now take it back.. switch and bate...

Return Shipping: You will be responsible for this cost

Total Refund Due: $89.71

Michelle.v

Mechelle... seem to think I was aware of "Terms and Conditions".. well you can explain to her... when you go thru PayPal.. there are no "Terms and Conditions" to check/click where I was supposed to have agreed to such terms and conditions ... When I chose PayPal as an option, it went directly to my PayPal account.

I finally had to go to my bank to start a dispute claim to actually get any attention.. and a week later was sent an RAN...

This is very poor service.. and the gouging fees are unmentionable, ,

The people at my bank and PayPal are aware of the awful service Cymax delivered I would think the least Cymax would do is to waive all of your "fees".. and give me a full refund on my order.

Well Rick.. good luck .. Debra

• Mo
    mom2madison Jan 26, 2010

Everything negative you ever read about this company is absolutely true!! I ordered two things, actually received one - but was charged for both. A month later, multiple times on hold, multiple promises...still no resolution OR REFUND!!! They will promise you the moon just to get you off the phone! They do NOT follow through with any of their promises!! I have never submitted a negative review of a company...but this company takes the cake.

• Rl
    RL Page Feb 04, 2010

You can add me to this list too, but I've no one to blame but myself. If I'd thought for a moment to research this company I'd have known not to deal with them. Bought a computer chair for $99. Color didn't work out -- also my fault. I wanted to send it back to them and found out my shipping charges along with their ### "restocking fee" were more than half the cost of the chair! Maybe I'll just give it away to charity and take a modest tax write-off.

• El
    Eliothemingway Mar 05, 2010

Actually on the phone with them right now, trying to resolve the fact that I brought a futon from them which I never received. This has been going on for a month. I did receive a mattress without a receipt that looks like it was packed in a war zone. I'm pretty certain this place is a racket, but they just told me that they called the manufacturer and that someone will call me in the next 48 hours about a replacement. I'm not holding my breath, though.

• Ordered two Legare desks from this company on 2/26. Was not informed on website of awful shipping times, and did not find out until order confirmation had been sent to my email that it may take up to 3 weeks to get my desks.

3/2/10 I receive an email saying the order has been shipped, and there is a tracking number, stating they will be delivered on 3/5/10.

3/5/10 comes, I leave work for an hour to go pick up the delivery, only to find that Legare has only shipped ONE desk. I call the number on the packing slip, which clearly states TWO DESKS, and am sent to some warehouse which has employees who know nothing about it, and tell me to call Legare sales, and ask for Diana.

Call repeatedly, and "Diana" can't be bothered to answer her phone. No department picks up except Accounting, so I complain to them, and they give me to Diana's assistant (who wasn't answering Diana's phone for some reason? Some assistant.) She ASSURES me that there must have been a mistake. Maybe it was sent with 2 tags? Who knows? She then promises me that the remaining desk will be put on the truck by that afternoon, and I should have something before they even get an email to me with tracking information.

This is ridiculous. Will never order from this company again. Shame too, because the one desk that arrived is really nice.

Jasarthur May 24, 2010

Had a similar nightmare experience with Cymax. Won't go into all the details, but they sent the wrong item. PayPal couldn't resolve the dispute, and after 6 weeks and many emails and phone calls, I'm still waiting for the promised refund. Customer service? They don't know the meaning of that phrase.

• Je
    jen418 Jun 16, 2010

Awful company!!! I ordered 2 nightstands on April 25th, 2010. I received them very quickly. However, when I opened the boxes they were the wrong color! I ordered them in 'walnut' and they were black! The boxes said 'walnut' on them but they clearly were NOT! I called Cymax that same day, and was told to email pics of the tables and they would email me to tell me how to proceed with the return. Several days later, they sent me an email stating that the color I ordered was no longer available (false advertisement!!!) Obviously they knew that and sent me the wrong ones on PURPOSE! So they told me that the tables would be picked up on May 18th, 2010 by FedEx and that upon receipt to the manufacturer, I would then receive my refund. FedEx gave me a tracking number so I tracked the tables. They were delivered back on May 24th, 2010. I called Cymax the next day and was told that it may take a couple of days for the refund to be processed. Still nothing by June 1st, 2010. So I called again. I was told a 'supervisor' would email me. Nothing!! I called again. They told me that since the tables were paid for with a visa giftcard (that I no longer had) that they were not going to be able to refund my money! Oh hell no!!! I told them that it was their fault for sending me the wrong tables to begin with, and that I would call everyday until they agreed to send me a refund check. They finally agreed and 2 weeks later I finally received the check yesterday June 15th, 2010! Two months of hell with a company from hell!!! Never ever order from them!!!

• Dy
    Dyan About Fairness Jun 30, 2010

We ordered a daybed with trundle ($899.00) from the website of Cymax. When we did not receive an email confirmation of the purchase, we telephoned Cymax and were told that they did not receive an order from us and that if we still wanted the item that we would have to place another order online.

So, we received two daybeds. When we contacted them they said it would cost $401.80 to return one of the daybeds. (They initially said we hadn’t received a confirmation email because we had input our email address incorrectly. They then constructed a fraudulent email stating they confirmed the first order. So they lied on the phone or by sending the email. We’re familiar with Spam.)

Eventually they withdrew the restocking fee and it we would be charged $222.00 to return the item, but we would have to pay the nearly $200.00 in shipping fees.

We believe that Cymax intentionally steals from its customers. On pisssedconsumer.com there are over 73 complaints.

Mark Hogan Jul 26, 2010

I tried to get a baby crib and changing table combo for about two and a half months. The website showed the product as available but the shipment email never came. They don't communicate well by email and most go unanswered. I tried with two different products and the result was the same on both. It was back ordered and I could wait or cancel the order. I suggested they hire some Amazon people to get their website info up to date and accurate. I suspect they are trying to operate with too few employees. I just hope I can get my money back easily, but based on what I've been through, don't really expect that to happen. I would have bought the customer a steak dinner and knocked 20% off his bill if I'd put him through what they did me, but they just said it was the nature of their business and besides, I could cancel if I wanted. They never seemed to grasp that I really wanted the items I thought I had purchased. I had to give up in the end and order from Amazon. It was time to move on and the baby was going to be a teenager the way things were going.

• Es
    essman Aug 30, 2010

I ordered a grill from these scammers in July. It arrived damaged and I immediately (within minutes of receiving it) notified them by email. Over one month later and dozens of phone calls and emails later, and I still haven't resolved this. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, but want to warn others that this company is NOT reputable. Don't but ANYTHING from Cymax, regardless of price!!!