CylaprilNo product & fraudulent credit card chgs.

A

Adrenal Fatigue Institute ( CYLAPRIL) ... I just called for the FREE Sample ... and had to give my credit card number to pay for shipping and handling . Its been awful ! I've never recieved a product and I was billed a full amount for another that I never recieved . I've made many Calls to cancel and complain and can never speak to a manager and have been on hold so many times I cannot count . I had to finally Cancel my Credit Card. What a SCAM ! I suppose I have learned a lesson about ordering online...

• Tr
    Travis Nov 18, 2008

UPS handles shipping, seems as though the delivery was the problem here. Were you home to sign, or did you sign a driver release form so they can leave it w/out a signature?

The product works well, I've been using it as part as a new life style and I'm down to 170lbs at 6 feet tall.

• Am
    amanda rogers Dec 02, 2008

I agree, Cylapril is a deceptive advertisment... I too am having to cancel my card after being billed for two products, i only received one.

I paid postage as said for two products $29... within 5 days of receiving the product another $109 was taken from my bank account.

I called the customer service line to be told they would only refund the first postage and nothing else... they take the 14 days trial from the first phone call, no matter how long it takes to arrive !!!

I have paid the full price for something i never received, they just took it !!!

SayNoToSurveys Dec 02, 2008

I am just getting ready to try the product, however, after reading your complaints I got a prepaid Visa from www.Netspend.com and only put a small amount on there. I definitely want to try the product but there is no way in HELL I will go through the nightmare of voicemail abyss and fraudulent charges!

• Da
    darciecal Jan 11, 2009

Oh boy, I think I'm in for it. I ordered the "Free" trial and I do seem to have more energy (altho that could be due to me starting the South Beach diet and exercising at the same time). Anyway, do you really have to cancel your credit card, or can you just have them block the charges? I guess I might find out.

• Pa
    Pat Mar 23, 2009

I too have been trying to get my money back. On Jan. 27th ordered product, canceled the next day, but they said it was too soon-order had not been processed. Told to call back in 2 days, but was too late. Angry had to pay for shipping, so they waived the restocking fee in exchange for paying the shipping fee, returned product on Feb. 3rd. It is now March 23rd and I am still waiting for a refund. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. THIS COMPANY REEKS OF SCAM. My first big hint was when they said I could not speak with anyone at the corporate headquarters or email them or get their phone number. They would not even let me know what city and state the corporate headquarters is in. I have kept notes which reflects all the people I have spoken with and up til now I have spoken with 11 different people. Today I can't get through because the service lines are too busy to get through and this is the second time this has happened. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU????

• Fl
    fletcher Mar 28, 2009

Thanks for the heads up gals and pals!!! I was just about to order the product (cylapril) but something (God) said research it first on the internet. I have found out more negative info then positive so I don't care how "good "cylapril might make some people feel it's not worth the BIG FINANCIAL HEADACHE in the end so I'm jumping on board agreeing with the other folks DO NOT BE SUCKED INTO BUYING THIS PRODUCT!!! I'M going to GNC to find out what types of ADRENALINE BOOSTERS they might have>>>>>

• Re
    Reasonable Mar 29, 2009

Hey Fletcher, you ###! GNC sells Cylapril!

• Di
    Disappointed Mar 31, 2009

Well im glad i decided to check out this product before ordering it... Thanks everyone i guess i will go to GNC and try to get it and if not i will pass on this one..

• Er
    erbear Apr 09, 2009

Same thing happen to me. No product, just a charge for $54.95, and the lady I spoke with was very rude. They won't refund my money, supposedly they'll just cancel my membership. Its like what memberhip, I don't have anything from them. What a scam, beware to all who thinks just paying for postage is all you'll do. Whether the product works or not, I'll never know.

• Re
    Reasonable Apr 16, 2009

God, you Canadians are ###s! You were told you would be charged for the bottle you got unless you canceled, just like I was.

• Cu
    curious Apr 23, 2009

Interesting how someone who calls himself "Reasonable" feels the need to call people "###s".

• Ni
    niki karotseris May 11, 2009

i got ripped off as well...i had over a hundred dollars in charges and i'm thinking of canceling my credit card...i filled a report with the bbb in west palm beach and the dept of justice...anyone reading this and who has been ripped off by this company should consider making a formal complaint...this company should head for the hills and stop victimizing so many people...if enough people complain, maybe something can be done...i'll tell you one thing, this'll never happen to me again...

• Co
    completely pissed off May 23, 2009

I think I have been taken for the biggest ride of all. I have tried to cancel my order for almost six months. I have six unopened packages of Cylapril because the product doesn't work. I could never get through the phone
    lines to cancel the product, but I could always get through the lines to place an order. I would like to know if
    there is any way I can get my money back for all those unopened packages. After all, it was $55.00 a bottle
    times 6. I did finally cancelled my credit card. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT!

• Ti
    Ticked Off May 25, 2009

I saw the infomercial on this product where they said over & over that you can get the product for FREE to try it out. They also said that they would send a free book. I decided to look at it on the internet to see if they actually did charge you for it with some hidden clause. What I saw on the internet also said that it was free to try. There was nothing saying you had a certain amount of time to try it out or they would charge you for it. So I ordered it and they charged me $9.95 for shipping & handling on the product and the book. There was an invoice in the package, and there was nothing on the invoice saying anything about returning it within 14 days or they would charge you another $49.95. I ordered the free sample on 1/24/09. It took a little over 2 weeks to get here, and on 2/17/09 they charged the $49.95 to my account. So even if I did know anything about the extra charges, I wouldn't have had time to cancel. When I saw the charge on my account, I called them until I got through. The person I spoke to was totally rude, also. She said that the terms were clearly pointed out on the website, and I explained that I had purposely gone to the website to make sure there weren't any hidden costs. She said that I hadn't looked close enough, but that lots of other people had made the same mistake, so they had to change the website so that people could not order the product without checking a box that showed that they had read the Terms & Conditions clause and agreed to it. So, essentially, she was admitting that there were lots of complaints just like mine - and they had to do something to cover their ###. Of course, they would not give me my money back. They did take me off of their automatic monthly shipment list - which is I also did not know I was on. What a rip-off! Even though I did everything I thought I could possibly do to make sure that I would only be charged the Shipping & Handling charge of $9.95, they still stole another $49.95 from me. And this is for a product that did not work -- it did me absolutely no good.

Marilyn May 27, 2009

I ordered my free sample of Cylopril on 3/29/2009. To date (5/27/09) I have never received my free sample.
    Finally after almost 2 months to date, on 5/26/2009 a free sample of ChromAcai was received instead. A supervisor sent me this. He also ordered the shipping method to be by UPS as the institute had failed to ship my free sample to my correct address. They sent it 2 or 3 times to an incorrect address. I paid my postage and handling by personal check so no credit card issues here. Am going to call the supervisor again today to tell him I still have not received the Cylopril and to ask about cancelling my membership. Absolutely the worse customer service I have ever encountered. I did at least get to speak to a supervisor simply by waiting out all the shipments that were supposed to happen and never arrived until the nearly 2 months had passed. I just kept insisting every time I called. The next place I am going is the Department of Consumer Affairs!

• Ku
    kunttree_girl Jun 05, 2009

my mother ordered this product for the "free" sample and when she called to cancle her order she was informed they had already charged her credit card.this product is a rip off and a scam.i hope the company worked as hard for this money they riped her off, as she did!!

• Pe
    pengualien Jun 27, 2009

I have been using this product for a while now and am very happy with it !!!
    At the beginning we did have some issues with the delivery and being charged full price when i hadn't gotten the product but after talking with customer service ~you have to get a good rep~ i was sent my order and other product to make up for the inconvenience. So far we have have had no other problems and am happy with how it works.

• Te
    teresa502 Jul 10, 2009

First sorry for the spelling etc..just had gallbladder surgery, but wanted to thank everyone... if it wasnt for the info on the internet I would have been a victim too. I pray that you will get your money back & the nightmare will end for those of you that are in the nightmare. Everyone needs to contact their atty general. Tthere is only one fraud division for scams like these. I found out when I sold an item in local newspaper & online. A gentleman sent cashiers check for 1500.00 ... it was for a cat...how stupid do they think I was..it was from michigan address..then another address was from ohio. I found out later..it was from Nigeria . They have people here in the states that find ads for items that are for sale, then they send a cashiers check for more than the amount. They state that they dont know the amount for the S&H, Insurance etc...to send it overseas. So the large amount will cover whatever costs u have & just send the remaining amount back to him...so it sounds like they are just making sure they have sent enough to cover all your expenses to ship out of the states. The cashiers check was very real looking, even the teller at my bank thought it was a good cashiers check..if Iwould have deposited into my acct & I would have been stuck with the entire amount coming out of my bank acct...no recourse either..I would have been out the entire amount of the cashiers check ! There's only one division that takes these complaints when they are out of the country or on the internet, or phone...U have to go thru the postal fraud division & its in chicago...they have their hands full so its very difficult to get things fixed...just wanted to tell u about this since I almost fell victim to both scams...whatever u do always look online first. Also when you have scam on credit card at least u can work with your bank and u have protection but is a huge nightmare...I will find the link for anyone that has fell victim from cashiers check sent to you for whatever reason & its no good. I will post it within the week also u can put in search: fraud division internet scams chicago illinois...because we spoke with postal & atty general & thats all u can do..keep all emails & correspondence full headers for isp addresses..links etc to give to them.. so they can set up and burn these a*******s sorry but its wrong to take advantage of anyone like this. Also I saw a posting from one of the guys in nigeria (there was a huge article w/ footage of one of the men that are in one of those computer camps over in nigeria..a room full of computers & thats all they do. It's very lucritave & they are getting away with it ..he said here in the U.S. that we are stupid people..greedy & we get what we deserve...hope they fry every single computer campsite...that does nothing but prey on honest people..thanks for the heads up & pray that all of your nightmares will be solved soon...god bless. also there is a site I think its care.com or something lke that... I will have to look ...its a site that is nothing but petitions to be signed...for whatever cause...that are being signed to stop alot of the things in this world that are so wrong..so maybe if there's a petition sent to the atty general & senate etc., maybe we can get some type of protection by stopping these groups that are frauding so many people especially the ones that are sick or ill & are trying to get better...I had previously found the site, because of charlie in alaska..he has been in alaska for 20+ yrs has to fly in to his home. He has taken care of bears that he has named & are his family... there is 5 generations anyway s..they are going to put him in jail if he continues to feed the bears..& the bears come to his home!!!...in the wilderness..!!! where you can only fly in!!!..its ot like its in public areas!!! These bears aren't going to end up in a public park..its so many miles into the deep alaskan wilderness ..u have to fly in...there's nobody around except charlie in the spring & summer, except during hunting season.I saw it on discovery channel & animal planet..they are trying to make a law that would put him in jail if he continues to feed the bears on his property... but this site I found when I put his name "charlie" in the search w/ the name "bears" & "alaska" & there was a petition for all to sign... to keep him from jail...this is on his own property way in the thick of the wilderness & these bears have been coming to him for over 20yrs. He has 5 generations ..very amazing..but I found this one site that has every petition in the world..for all different causes...there might already be a petition on this subject... I will have to look...but for those that may want to look for it or want to start a petition to send to the appropriate authorities etc... thats one way to find it...I'm very ill & totally disabled but will find the chicago division for the fraud & also the petiton site. I will put links on here...give me a week or so & come back It will be on here... I will suggest a new category for petitions & links to authorities etc. for fraud. Thanks again all of u that posted.
    ALSO... please when someone posts something on a site...dont ridicule them...thats so childish...please try to be humane & proper...this is a place that people are coming to because they have been ripped off. Just because they trusted in something or someone...its on tv & on the internet..for heavens sake..just because you are a good honest person & still believe in the good of the people doesn't mean that you need to be ridiculed ...there are so many that have nothing better to do than to be a critic of others...those are the ones that need to take a look at themselves & ask themselves why they have to make negative remarks towards others...just to make themselves feel better? or smarter? ...whatever it is that it does for you...please have some manners for heavens sake.
    Its a sad day when people have to be so lame when someones been a victim because they trusted someone or something...get it together & grow up...it will make this world a better place. Tee

• Ve
    vendaloop Jul 11, 2009

Oh my, I wish that I had looked this product Cylapril up on the computer before I ordered it! I decided to look it up after I ordered it, only to see all of these comments about being overcharged ect... Well, I ordered this product today 6/11/09 and a few hours later I tried to cancel my order. The man who answered the phone told me to give him my order# so I started out with the #8 ect... and he tells me that none of their order numbers start with the #8 but #6 instead. Then he told me to call customer service so they could help me with this, and when I called, the office was so conveniently closed. Well then I called my credit card company, and they told me to wait a few days for the order to process and then I can file a product dispute to them and in turn, they will just issue me a new card and number so this company will not be able to charge me anymore before I even receive their product. This way, if I receive the product, I will be getting it for free whether they like it or not! Ha! Ha! for them and not me.

• Th
    thatoneguyinthecorner Jul 13, 2009

I called this "institute" last night during one of those infomercials, having a good laugh while it rang considering it seemed like a crock to me. Long story short I grilled the guy on the other end of the line and he finally told me what was in it: less than 10 mg of three different minerals (that do nothing, by the way), Adrenal Bovine (dried and powdered bull's adrenal cortex, could cause some health issue later in life I do believe...), and passion flower extract (causes a short lived and mild euphoric feeling). All in all it is a placebo that should be avoided AT ALL COSTS due to the fact that it will only make you feel good for a short amount of time, and could cause problems worse than what you currently are having.

• Be
    ben3009 Aug 21, 2009

For anyone considering using Cylapril, consider the following:

Use google maps to find the location for the corporate address of the
    Adrenal Fatigue Institute, Inc.
    931 Village Blvd Ste 905-75
    West Palm Beach, FL 33409

It is a shopping center--and suite #905 is a UPS store (there is no "corporate headquarters").

Google "consumer complaints Adrenal Fatigue Institute" and you will find 3 pages of very angry customers who didn't understand the confusing explanation for 14-day "Free Trial" which apparently starts when they get your order, not when you receive it.

Also, it is spelled out in very light gray small print letters below the order button that you are automatically enrolled on day 15 for 3 additional orders, unless you call yesterday to an understaffed hot-line [protected]; M-F 10AM - 5:30PM EST) to get permission to return or refuse your order, you will otherwise be billed for the full order that was already sent. Even if you do cancel, you are still out shipping/handling and 15% restocking fee--for the "free order." Oh, and the "free" book is $50.

Finally, if you are interested in the history of the pseudoscience behind this pill, read the following paper...

Briefly, adrenal fatigue is a modern reincarnation of hypoadrenia, a discredited early 20th Century theoretical concept introduced to America by Dr. Charles Sajous in an 800 page book which speculates about the importance of the adrenal system as the source of numerous ailments. This theory has been rejected for lack of evidence.

The kernel of credibility is provided by analogy with symptoms of Addison's disease which does lead to many of the symptoms relating to weight gain and fatigue described in commercials, however the prevalence of this disease is close to 35-60 per million (though one study suggested it was a high as 106-127 per million (Laureti, 1999).

In any case, there is no evidence of a sub-clinical Addison's-like disorder--hence the disclaimer at the end of the television commercials stating that all claims have not been validated by the FDA.

(feel free to distribute this to anyone considering the use of Cylapril)

SAH2 Aug 23, 2009

Having been burned on another product -- I checked this one carefully and am very glad I did. What they don't tell you is that their method of operation is to NOT send ANY product ("free" sample or otherwise) until the trial period is over, THEN CHARGE YOU FOR THE 3-MONTH AUTO CHARGE of $39.95 per month plus $9.95 s/h (calculates to $129.80). All this BEFORE you get ANY product of any kind. So before you get any product you are out nearly $150 without your realizing it.
    I got scammed on another product done very similarly to this one and had to fight for nearly 3 months to get a refund of the unauthorized charges. And whatever agreement is on the website, is in the "fine print" and you nearly have to get magnifying glasses to read it. They count on you believing the hype and not paying attention to the "fine print".

char614 Sep 02, 2009

This company is a big scam- i ordered and tried to cancel the same day i was told i had to wait 2 days to cancel. When i called back 2 days later, i was told my order had shipped i was also told i will have to repay for shipping after spending $24 to return the product plus they will be deducting 15% restocking from the order. Never again!!! Beware

• Ba
    Badnblonde Sep 12, 2009

Wow, for once I didn't take it in the poop shoot. I found the link to this site on Dr. Wislons site. It bothered me that the Cylapril site did not list the ingredients anywhere on the site. I had been looking at another product that contained DHA, EPA, a few root herbs ect. I wanted to compare ingredients so I wasn't paying 60 bucks for ginseng. Being a complete blonde I almost missed the warning on the Dr. Wilson site. In very fine print and also very very very dull font on the bottom of the page it mentions you are NOT obligated to purchase any amount to receive the free trial, but it goes on to say something about charging your card. The wording was deceiving and the fact that you could not list the ingredients sent up a flag. I am sooooo freakin glad I looked at this site. Contacting consumer fraud is a good place to start. When they get enough complaints they will go after the company. It's bad enough to be sick and tired all the time, but to be sick, tired and ripped off would blow. Good luck to those that didn't get the warning and got duped. The Dr. wilson product looks interesting. The reason I look up the ingredients is because I was going to go to my local Co-op organic store and see if I could purchase them and either make a tea or by the vegan gel-caps and make my own swallowable pills like I did with the cayenne pepper that was suppose to go into the master cleanse lol. I poured it into the gel caps and swallowed without tasting.

• Ju
    just crazy Sep 27, 2009

I ordered the free sample as well and it was free for the first 15 days . The problem is, is that it took 14 days for me to recieve the product. There was no results for me I had no renewed energy, no weight loss. This products is a total rip off. There is something related to what they are selling, but the official name is adrenal insufficiancy, But I dont suffer bad enough for the medical community to help me.

• Co
    Coperfield59 Sep 30, 2009

1. The following is the corporate address listed on the website:

Corporate Address:
    Adrenal Fatigue Institute, Inc.
    931 Village Blvd Ste 905-75

1025 N Florida Mango Rd, Ste 5
    West Palm Bch, FL [protected]
    [protected]
    Job: Adrenal Fatigue Institute, President

The cylapril website states the following:
    By choosing the Free Book Offer/15 Day Trial Option, you are proactively opting into and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Cylapril ™ Free Book Preferred Customer Program. Additionally, you are NOT obligated to remain a member, there are no minimum purchases and you may discontinue at ANY TIME. On day 15 of your trial, we'll assume you love your results and how great you're feeling and we will ship you a new 3 month supply of Cylapril for the low price of just $39.99 per month’s supply plus $9.99 S/H and then about every 90 days thereafter for the same discounted price billed to the account you provided us today, unless you call our service line to customize or opt out with no further charge.

By selecting any of our non trial offers for Cylapril, you are proactively opting into and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Cylapril/Preferred Customer Program Additionally, you are NOT obligated to remain a member, there are no minimum purchases and you may discontinue at ANY TIME. Each shipment beyond your initial purchase will contain a one month supply of Cylapril™. The credit card you use today will be billed $54.99 plus $6.99 shipping and handling for each shipment additional shipment. Please note that if you wish to discontinue membership, you MUST cancel prior to the next shipment to avoid being charged.

There doesnt appear to be any secrets on what you will be charged.

Eveyone is free to file a complaint with the

Florida Division of Coporations
    Florida Consumer Protection Division
    Federal Trade Commission

BUT, the problem is that these guys do post what will happen. I just found all of this with less than 5 minutes of research. I DO NOT work for these people, nor am I a lawyer.

madwomaninva Oct 14, 2009

I am so glad to learn I'm not the only person on the planet to fall for this scam. It was only $9.99. No big deal, right? WRONG!!! First, the information about calling to cancel within 2 weeks is in small print on the BACK of the invoice. Everybody reads that, right? Second, they didn't even let me try the product for 2 weeks before they sent more and billed my credit card $129.95. The shipment was supposedly sent exactly 2 weeks after the trial supply was sent but it took the trial sample a week to get to me. So I got to try it for less than a week before they sent more. And the worst part is the stuff doesn't work. It's supposed to calm you down but it had the opposite effect on me. I walked around in an absolute rage the whole time I was taking it. I mean I was totally furious contantly. Maybe, the people working for them are taking it, too. Because I never encountered such hateful, rude customer service. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and I feel so much better already. I still haven't gotten the second shipment, but I think I' just going to close my credit card and cut my losses.

check it out first Oct 18, 2009

After reading the reviews I decided not to purchase the product. I will check out the GNC thou. Because if it doesn't work they WILL refund your money within 30 days. I know I use to work at GNC.

• Fn
    fn145 Oct 18, 2009

thanks before i ordered this scaming#?"#

• Te
    teachingforareason Nov 03, 2009

PS for all of you, first of all when has anything ever been given to you for FREE? You cant get a bank account for free unless you put something down right? When you go to a bar its a scam so what isnt these days? be honest, with the unemployment stakes so high people are trying to do whatever it takes to make a living. You know what I think are SCAMS- AT&T and all CELLPHONE COMPANYS PLUS and ALL CREDIT CARD COMPANYS So in todays economy people are just going to send everything free right? because people feel sorry for you? I dont work for the company but I ordered the stuff and like it. I just paid only $5.80 in shipping and got a voucher which i just sent in to get my shipping refund. When it comes to Auto Ship thank God. If I love it no issues I'll keep getting it if not then I can CANCEL and PS Customer Service is actually really great and have helped me alot in future payments. Maybe I just got lucky or something, I dont know. I just know when my rep told me about the "disclosures" I actually listened and said yes so Im in for the long term. You all that are complaining either NEVER listened, PAYED ATTENTION or JUST SAID YES WHEN THEY SAID SO AT THAT POINT are DUMB. They have you on ACUAL RECORDING SO TRY THEM PLEASE WHEN I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS FISHY I CALLED THEM, ASKED FOR MY RECORDING AND HEARD IT AND THEY WERE RIGHT. I LEGALLY gave out my information and now am THANKFUL that I did because Ive lost 12lbs since starting it 2 weeks ago and feel more energy. BUT YES, IF I WANNA CANCEL I CAN CALL UP MY REP NAME LISA AND SHE WILL HANDLE ME and help me out. SO FOR ALL OF YOU CRY BABIES THAT CLAIM THAT YOUVE BEEN RIPPED OFF "SAVE YOUR DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA" AND STOP CRYING. THEYRE A LEGAL BUSINESS AND THEY TAPED YOUR CONVERSATION AND YOUR AGREENMENT WITH THE PRODUCT. THE ONLY ONE TO BLAME IS YOURSELF. You were in total control you werent FORCED to buy anything so enjoy Cyrapril and if they continue to take money off of you then GOOD for THEM because then you must be on an below average intelligence level to notice anything and to do anything. PS THAT SAYS ALOT IM A DYSLEXIC AND I STILL CAN REMEMBER TO CALL THEM TO CANCEL OR ASK THEM ANY MORE QUESTIONS THAT I MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE. If you want to hate any scams talk to AT&T and other cell companys plus credit card co if you dont have a valid one. YES I DONT HAVE A CC BUT I DO HAVE A DEBIT CARD have a nice night GO PRES BUSH OBAMA SUCKS!!

• Jb
    Jbarajas Nov 08, 2009

www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

If you have ever been scammed and money taken from these places, , , , please report it to the above site, , , , it sickens me!

Joanna

• Jb
    Jbarajas Nov 08, 2009

who is that teachingforareason??? lol, , , psycho is all I can say...lol. The entire world says the damn pills dont work idiot, , , , maybe you have cancer or something and you think its the pills making you lose weight...something is def wrong with your head besides being ###ed(dyslexic). Oh well duh, , , you must work for that rip off company!!

Joanna

• Ca
    Carlene Summers Dec 02, 2009

Add me to the list of victims. I'm out over $100. What a hassle. I cancelled after the
    free trial and the next shipment came anyway. I was told by the company rep not to
    refuse the package but send it by delivery confirmation. I did as I was told. Now they're
    claiming the returned package they rec'd was the trial sample and refuse me any
    refund. I hate to admit I got sucked in. I can't believe after all the complaints I've read
    online that this company is still advertising on TV. Pass it by whatever you do. It's
    a ripoff!

• Qu
    queen holly Jan 25, 2011

HEADS UP!!! I got a letter from the attorney general in Palm beach. They want an avidavit from me. I got a check and a letter from the Adrenal Fatigue Institute saying they had researched my claim and were giving me back my money. I had filed a report with the Better Business Beaureau.