Custom Silk CreationsBBB rating

J

Here is an excert from the BBB hot topics for February 2017- I have included the url so you can see it for yourself- btw- she is up to 29 complaints in the last year- please think twice before using this company- she has scammed too many people and I really don't want you to go through what she has put some of us through.

3. Custom Silk Creations has established a pattern of complaints from consumers nationwide. Consumer complaints allege that products ordered and paid for were never received, poor customer service, and lack of communication from the business. The company failed to respond to or resolve 16 out of 24 complaints processed by the BBB since the firm’s BBB file was opened in November or 2017.

• Dr
    Drakko Apr 08, 2010

This so called flower business has got to be the worse place to order flowers if you want them on time and especially if you want all of them! I didn't get everything I paid for and have yet to get a refund. They were not delivered in the time promised. She actually blocked my number so I couldn't call to check on the order!!! Do not order from this place! You will be sorry. I wish I had checked reviews instead of going by the website that she probably wrote up reviews herself.

• Br
    Bridal SCAM Apr 02, 2010

I placed an order with Custom Silk Creations online on March 12, 2017 for a silk bridal package for my upcoming wedding May 2017. After placing the order, I sent an email and also made a phone call to Susan Ketchum, she advised I could pay by wire transfer for the amount of $ 157.94 and then she would call me after receiving the money for a consultation. She first contacted me on 3/17/10 when my cell phone rang 1x and she left no message. When I called the number back I received her voicemail requesting a call back and I sent an email. I did this several times for the remainder of the week. She didn't call me until 3/24/10 and I was in a meeting at work and could not take the call. I did call her shortly after and left another message to please call me back. I sent another email indicating I was concerned about the timing and if we could not have a conversation today then I would respectfully request a refund as I will be inflight next Wednesday 3/31/10 on business and it would then be 5 weeks from my wedding. She would not be able to fulfill the order as her requirement is 6 -8 weeks! She finally responded via email and told me I could consult with her by email. I responded stating I was not comfortable with choosing my wedding flowers via email and if she cannot return a customers call after receiving full payment for services and product not rendered then that raises a red flag pertaining to credibility. At this time I did some investigation on her online and found numerous complaints, guess I should have done my homework.

I now knew I had been scammed! I sent her another email informing her of my findings and requested she provide a full refund or I would file a complaint with the Attorney General's office. She then responded indicating she did nothing wrong and that I took a "Temper Tantrum" and I have made this "ugly". She then proceed to email me a cancellation order with a store credit. My wedding is less than 5 weeks away, a store credit serves no purpose. In addition, In several emails sent to her expressing my concern with timing she had opportunity to assure me she would be able to fulfill the order and she did not! Please read the complaints against this woman...she has been doing the same thing to every bride since 2017. How is it she has been able to get away with stealing money from people? This is internet fraud!!! Why has no legal action been taken? This is appauling! She refuses to respond to calls, she expects you to sit by the phone every Wednesday between 10a - 2p and if you miss her call then "oh well".

Attorney General's website states: In certain instances, when there is a compelling public interest or where there are a number of complaints against the same business, the Bureau may file a lawsuit in state or federal court seeking relief on behalf of consumers.

• Mt
    MTchicK Sep 12, 2009

I did not receive my wedding flowers. I emailed Susan over 25 times and I only heard from her 4 or 5 times. Of course she took our money. I ordered them in January and my wedding was in August. I've emaile d her twice now to get a refund and she hasn't replied until five minutes ago when she said that I cancelled my order and so I have instore credit. I did not cancel it and WHAT GOOD DOES IN STORE CREDIT AT A WEDDING FLOWER STORE DO AFTER MY WEDDING IS OVER?

• Su
    SUSAN IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT Aug 29, 2009

Notice the date of MTrahns complaint is 2-25-09- which is more than 7 weeks after she ordered with a 4-6 week delivery. The date on the conformation that Susan herself is providing is March 5th- MTrahn states that her wedding is in 9 days on 2-25- that makes her wedding date March 6th- the day after these were delivered and 2 weeks after the promised date. Susan is such a liar and she's not even smart enough to realize she gives you the proof when she does things like this. If you're ordering flowers for your wedding do you want them to arrive 2 weeks after the promised date- one day before your wedding- who needs that kind of stress.

• Wi
    Will Aug 08, 2009

Please do your research on this company before giving them any of your money! You will find multiple complaints that all say the same thing. I placed my order Feb 6th, agreeing to an order time of up to 8 weeks. I sent multiple emails asking for the status on my order. The shipping date kept changing over and over and the finally I received the response "I think they shipped Friday" along with a tracking number. That tracking number was delivered to Michigan, I am in Tennessee!! So at that point I asked for a refund which she says I can't have. She says I agreed to her policy when I placed my order, but she did a lot of things I did not agree too! I am filing complaints everywhere and contacting the Attorney General. She's crazy if she thinks I'll give up that easily and let her steal my money this way. Please do not make the same mistake I did, doing business with Custom Silk Creations is a HUGE MISTAKE!!

Shawna Jun 13, 2009

I ordered my flowers back in February for my June wedding. She doesn't answer her phone, call you back and rarely returns e-mails. She made promise after promise and excuse after excuse. I recieved my picture of my bouquet a week before my wedding, and by that time I had already had a back up plan and bought new flowers. But, anyways..my wedding was 6 days ago, and I still did not recieve my flowers. I want my money back, but she says she doesn't do refunds.

• Gl
    Glenn Jun 07, 2009

This scam artist has been stressing out my fiance for months now. She ordered them back in March for a wedding in June of '09. She placed her order, the place took her money( Red flag) don't give money without at least seeing proofs of your items. Susan said she will be calling her to start the order, which she did, but then that was it. no word from her. after weeks of emails and phone calls, nothing. finally got an email from some guy stating that the flowers were ready and shipping out on Friday, 2 day priority. No proofs of the flowers though. 2 weeks went by and no flowers. we are less then 3 weeks from our wedding and nothing. My fiance is stressing on what to do. This company has no right to even be in business. Susan should be in jail for fraud. How is it so many others get caught and hauled off to jail, but this one is jill ripping off everyone? There is enough complaints here to fill a book. Do something about her.
    and Susan, if you're reading this, which I'm sure you do, cause your a sick twisted soul, HOW DARE YOU!!! ripping of people, Brides. Funerals...whatever the occasion may be. HOW DARE YOU!!

• Tr
    Trinity Simpson Jun 04, 2009

I paid for flowers for my wedding back in April I never heard anything from her but once, and she has stated that she will e-mail me the week of May 19th 2017 to send me a picture of what the flowers looked like she said that she was sorry that her husband was in the hospital and she was working nights, well its june 4th and still nothing! Im getting married in two weeks!!! She is scaming people for there money. I went to my bank today to filed a complaint on her. She should not have an business if she cant give the produt to the person espically for there wedding. Something needs to be done I also looked on the BBB and she has sererval complaints, I've tried to call her several times and sent e-mails and still no response!

• Kd
    kdlind258 May 03, 2009

Please do your research on this company before placing an order or giving them any of your money. They are notorious for not completing orders when they promise and not returning phone calls or emails when you try to check on the status of your order. I placed my order Feb 6th for a wedding May 9th. I was told I would have my bouquet picture by March 19th but never got it. I sent multiple emails asking for the status of my order without a response. Finally I just asked for a refund and got a response that they would ship April 13th. I asked for confirmation and was told they didn't ship but would on the 14th. After a week I asked again for confirmation and was told she "thought" they shipped April 17th and was sent a tracking number. I tracked that order all the way to the delivery, in Michigan...which was too bad because I am in Tennessee. At that point I demanded a refund and was told the mistake was because my name was similar to another customers and that my order was "sitting in front of her waiting to be boxed" and would ship the next day. I told her I no longer had a need for her service and wanted a refund. She said I could only have store credit, which I have no use for!! I will not give up until I get it back though. That is where I am now, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!!

shast68 Apr 27, 2009

Absolutely true!! Im there with this crooked lady now!!

This is the truth!!

shast68 Apr 27, 2009

Do Not Use Custom Silk Creations. I ordered a 42 piece set from this lady on 1-24-09. I had my consultation about 2 weeks after. She promised that I would have my flowers by the beginning of April, if not sooner. She told me that within 3 weeks of my consultation, I would have a pic of my bouquet to approve, and within a week from that date, I would have the rest of my flowers. Susan Ketchum is the owner, and she is a scam artist. This is all a lie. Today, 4/27/2017 I dont have any flower. I have tried calling this lady hundreds of times. I call-- and the voicemail box is full. I call back a little later, and the voicemail box is then emptied, so you know she is getting the messages. I have emailed so many times-- I cant even count. I finally got in contact with a Debbie that answered the phone on 3/24/2017. She told me that they were finishing the batch that they were on, and that I was the first person in the next batch-- and I should be receiving a picture of my bouquet within the next 3 days. Still, nothing!! I emailed several times-- and finally on 4/21/2017 I got an email from Debbie-- stating that Susan was working there night, and her husband was in the hospital--- so she was at the hospital during the day. Well, if she is working there at night, and I was the first person in the next batch to be done, and the day that I spoke with Debbie, they were finishing the batch they were one---- then I should have my flowers by now!!! Right!!! So, finally today, I had to call my bank and dispute the charges on my account! Susan Ketchum is nothing but a liar-- and she doesnt care about what she does to people. Someone like this should NOT be allowed to have a business. She has absolutly no customer service (very very poor), very rude, and ruins peoples special day. Whatever the occasion may be, she is out to ruin it. (whether funeral or wedding) Get this lady off the market before she continues to ruin more peoples lives and takes more money from people. She deserves to be in jail for what she has done to countless people. Also-- notice that on her website-- she has comments made by her customers-- but also notice that there isnt anywhere to post a comment-- so this tell me that she probably did this herself! I think that she is probably the only person that can give her good comments!!

mausi54539 Apr 27, 2009

i agree this lady is out to get your money and that is it . we ordered flowers from her in feb and did not recieve then to two days after the wedding can you see how bad it is to find flowers for the wedding in one day .cause she told us she mail them and now she is saying it was the postal serives flaut and she trying to get her money from them .so now she is trying to scam postal services to .

• Cs
    CSC Mar 09, 2009

You are a liar you not only got your flowers but you lied and said you returned them and did not.

Label/Receipt Number: EO95 8024 186U S
    Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 9:35 AM on March 5, 2017 in BROUSSARD, LA 70518. The item was signed for by M TRAHAN.

proof is in the signature my dear!!!

• Mt
    M Trahan Feb 25, 2009

I placed my order with Susan on January 6th, 8 weeks before my wedding. Of course, the production time is 4-6 weeks so I should have had nothing to worry about, right?! WRONG!! My wedding is in 9 days and I have still have not gotten a picture or shipment confirmation to say my flowers are on their way. I have emailed her numerous times and called and called only to get a machine saying the voice mailbox is full. As soon as my wedding is over, I plan to dispute with this woman to get my $150 back. Any tips?

• Me
    Melissa Rumbolt Oct 14, 2008

Well good luck to you then. I have paid for mine since June 2nd and didn't receive anything, after trying to reach her numerous times and getting lied to numerous times. SHE canceled my order and said she would refund my money, that was on August 22nd, still haven't gotten anything.

• Ji
    JILL HENDRIX Oct 09, 2008

I ORDER FLOWERS FOR MY WEDDING IN JUNE, THEY BILLED MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE ORDER RIGHT THEN, I KEPT GETTING THE RUN AROUND ABOUT WHEN THE FLOWERS
    WERE GOING TO BE SENT, EVER EMAIL, WAS JUST ANOTHER
    AND THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU BACK. I AM TURNING THEM
    IN TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS, THIS IS CONSIDERED INTERNET
    FRAUD./

• Valerie Sep 30, 2008

I ordered from Custom Silk Creations in July 2017. I received a phone call from Susan in late August stating I would receive my proof via email by the week of August 27, 2017 and receive the product by September 3, 2017. I have not received anything as of September 29, 2017. She does not return phone calls or emails and when she does email, she is dishonest. I have read positive and negative reviews. I hope to get the product in a timely manner and be pleased. In the meantime, my stress level is getting higher and higher. I have requested a proof by October 1, 2017 or a refund. Wish me luck. Anita, Reno, NV.