CPS Securityphone call

I received a letter from CPS-Security today saying I owed some money for a returned check dated 7/26/09. I called the number at the top of the letter (San Antonio Tx) to see what was going on and why so long ago. The man that answered said I would have to pay it today because they have sent 5 letters out to me and they are going to file a suit on me. I asked if I could make pmts and he said they did not do anything like that and hung up on me. I called him back and asked to speak to someone that would not hang up on me. He said he was the supervisor and wanted to know the acct. #. I gave him the information and said he was the same one that just hung up on me and he wanted to know if I was calling back to make the payment. I advised him I needed some information and he said all I need was to pay what was due and hung up again. I called back and was put on hold.

• Je
    JE6724 Dec 27, 2013

I called Winn Dixie today as well since my 46.00 check was rejected. I was instructed to call CPS from Winn Dixie Collections. I called and got same jerk; stated I had. 4 bad checks from 2010 amounting to 416.00. He stated CPS sent letters to house I sold in 2011. He stated I was lucky they were just going to file for judgement. He hung up on me when I asked if I could talk to manager. I called back and he said he was manager then hung up. I called back and he stated he was going to file harrassment charges and hung up. So I did same called back and finally got nice CSR who sent to supposed managers voicemail after telling him what had happened.

They never sent letters and had my contact information. To top it both my boys worked at Winn Dixie an I sure wouldn't jeopardize their job by supposed bad check writing. Something needs to be done with this company. I call WD customer service and filed complaint.

Lastly, I wrote check for 186.00 to Walmart prior and they same national data base as WD.

• Be
    BellevueKG123 Jan 26, 2010

I just called today and got through to (what sounds like) the same guy. I had to call back 4 times in attempt to have a conversation with the idiot, so I ended up calling the company that sent me to collections directly. I will not pay this ### a cent! My recomendation is to just send the check to the campany owed directly even though they don't prefer it (saves you money as well).

• Ti
    Tired Of The B.S. Jan 19, 2010

at least you got a live person. I've been trying for days...I do believe this is a scam