Cox Communicationsinternet installation

I contacted Cox to sign up for internet service in my home. An appointment was scheduled for Cox to come a week later. I was the given the date (10/8/19) between the hours of 3:00 - 5:00. At 5:00 no one had shown up and no one called me. At 5:00 I called Cox customer service and was told that the technician was still at another job. Since I start work at midnight, I decided I could not wait until later in the evening since I had not been to bed and be at work at midnight. So I rescheduled the installation for the next day (10/9/19) again between the hours of 3:00 - 5:00. Once again no one called and no one showed up. So again I called Cox Customer service... a call that lasted 27 minutes. The agent advised me he could have a technician at my house around 6:30 p.m. Again, I have to be at work at midnight so this will not work. After being placed on hold numerous times, the customer service agent came back on the line and told me the next available date was on 10/17/19. I could not believe that they could not get my installation done before that date. I had waited a week for the first appointment, had two no-shows, and now they want me to wait again for another week?

I asked the agent if this is how they treat new customers, how were existing treated. I advised them that I should not have to wait another week since Cox couldn't show up on time. The agent told me they were not going to send someone out until 10/17/19. I told him that I should not have to wait another week, and that if he can't get my internet installed, I would go with a different internet service provider. The agent basically said that was "okay" and that was the end of the call.

I find it incredible that a company as large as Cox is so easily giving away business. I'm less than impressed with Cox's customer service.

Da