Courts Singapore Logo

Courts Singapore

Having problems with Courts Singapore?

1800 222 6868 (Customer Care)
+65 91 873 905 (Shuttle Bus Service Enquiries, Feedbacks and Lost Items)
+65 65 004 168 (FlexiPlan Accounts)
50 Tampines North Drive 2

21 Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, № 03-01, Lot One, Singapore, 689812
Jem
50 Jurong Gateway Road, № 04-30/31/32 Singapore, 608549

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] by sending a debt. collector to the house of a 72 year old lady at 10 pm.

Hello,

My name is Angeline Standbridge and I'm residing in California, USA. My mom lives in singapore and we were surprised to know that you send debt. collectors to an elderly living alone in a house at 10 PM. No letters but a person showing up to the house. Surely this is not acceptable.
My mom bought some furniture sometime in 2003. Now is 2019. How can this be possible? Please see the attachments and let me know if this sounds legal to you. It is not legal. I would like to have the contact number of who sent this person to my mom's place at that time.
Waiting to hear from you ASAP, please.

Warm Regards,
Angeline Standbridge
Email: [protected]@msn.com

by sending a debt. collector to the house of a 72 year old lady at 10 pm.

• Courts Singapore's response · Jan 04, 2019

Dear Angeline Standbridge,

Thank you for contacting Courts.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience. Allow us to investigate this further and we will get back to you for the update.

• Courts Singapore's response · Jan 05, 2019

Dear Angeline Standbridge,

Good day to you.

Our officer had sent you an email yesterday on your email address provided with regard to your concern.

We shall await for your feedback.

[Resolved] extended warranty /poor customer service / no reply

I called Courts customer service line twice on 25 September 2018 and 23 October 2018 to report an Extended Warranty issue for the Europace Split Aircon system 3 which i gad bought and both the officers told me that they will passed it to the relevant department to handle and get back to me but till today still no reply from them yet.

Please response to my compliant...

• Courts Singapore's response · Jan 01, 2019

Dear dsst35,

Thank you for contacting Courts.

We sincerely apologise for the delay. Kindly provide us your Tax invoice number in order to check this for you.

• Courts Singapore's response · Jan 03, 2019

Hi dsst35,

Good day to you.

We would like to follow up on your tax invoice in order to assist you on this matter.

• Courts Singapore's response · Jan 08, 2019

Dear Dsst35,

Good day to you.

We are willing to assist you however, we have not received any details since the date of this message. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1800-222-6868. We will assist you accordingly.

• Updated by dsst35 · Jan 18, 2019

Hi Arlene,

You have requested for the invoice and where can i send to? email?

Can I have your email please?

Darren

[Resolved] horrible customer service, rude and irresponsible sales representative

I've purchased a sofa from courts megastore on 10th Nov, delivery was set to be on the 13th Dec. Sales rep...

[Resolved] neck pillows

I would like to dodge a complaint as started with an order of 12 neck pillows on the 7th of Dec, only to have an attention after 2weeks but initiated by myself sending an email asking of my product status of when would the delivery be.

Secondly on the third week, received a decent called by mina claim to be a supervisor or actual to drop a bomb that a particular color has been out of stock while order was made 3weeks beforehand as reservation was not available within the 3weeks. Amazed as the online table says stock available.

Thirdly delivery man came late and no apologize made over the phone or whatsoever, late for 30mins after a promised time of 2-5pm while 3hrs are being redundant. Signed by my father who is half-stroke yet gave no service report or delivery report of 1st half.

Lastly, mina called after a coincidence after dropping the line with the delivery man. Just to land a good news that delivery was available tomorrow rather than on a 31th. That was indeed coincidental that the delivery could be pulled forward.

I believe everything landing in the hands of an experience person could have an Excuse or Excuse, I would clear the air that I would not want an explanation as anyone could but a good compensation with an Apologized, by Wavier. No More Questions from me.

• Courts Singapore's response · Dec 26, 2018

Hi mansfield cheah,

Thank you for contacting COURTS and our utmost apology for the unpleasant experience you have encountered and we understand that it is definitely unacceptable. This matter has already reached the manager in charge for him to look into and take up necessary measures to avert the same thing to happen again and for a much better service improvement. Meanwhile, please provide us your purchase invoice number and we will check, Thank you

• Courts Singapore's response · Dec 28, 2018

Hi mansfield cheah,

We would like to follow up on your purchase invoice number for us to assist you. Thank you

• Courts Singapore's response · Jan 01, 2019

Good day!

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us or email us at [email protected]

www.courts.com.sg

[Resolved] poor customer service / refund policy

I wish to give feedback on my bad encounter at Courts (Lot One).

Last Friday, I bought a rice cooker from Courts (Jurong Point) for my mum as a Xmas gift. She doesn't like the model unfortunately, hence I thought I could do a refund. I went to Courts website and saw this 30days hassle-free exchange/refund where customer could do an exchange or refund at any store. On Sunday, I went to Courts (Lot One) since it's the nearest store to my home.

I produced the receipt of purchase together with the product in an unsealed box as I had already opened up to show my mum. The cashier asked for my reason of refund. I told her that my mum doesn't like this model. She was blunt and told me that I am not able to do a refund simply for that reason. She said that refund is only if the product is faulty, then I will be allowed to do a 1-1 exchange or refund. The cashier called one of the Sales staff over and the latter told me the same about their policy of refund is only if the product I purchased was faulty. I pointed to him the 30days hassle-free exchange/refund which was clearly stated on the wall behind the cashier counter and he insisted that he was instructed that it only applies if the product was faulty. He even commented that I should not have bought it in the first place if I don't like the product. I asked if I could do an exchange to other products or a refund at Jurong Point since I bought it there. This Sales staff told me that their exchange/refund policy is the same across all stores so even if I go over to the other store, they won't be able to adhere to my request. Feeling disappointed, I walked out of the store.

I looked through the return clauses carefully and I went back to the store to look for the same Sales staff whom I spoke to earlier. I told him that it was stated in the website that if I am unhappy with the product, I could do a refund. He still stick to his earlier words that it only applies to faulty product. Not feeling satisfied with his reply, I asked him for another staff with higher authority who can confirmed this and he directed me to his "senior" named Sebastian (not sure if it's correctly spelt) who was sitting at the desk alone. Sebastian told me that the product box has been unsealed thus unable to allow a refund. I have to show him on my phone the next clause which says that I can still do a refund within 14days if the box is unsealed. Only then he said I could do a refund with an insincere attitude.

I walked over to the same cashier and handed the receipt of purchase and told her that I want to do a refund on the product I brought along earlier. She said she had already told me earlier that it cannot be refunded. She then asked who I spoke to and subsequently paged for this Sebastian to the counter to ask if he had allowed me to do a refund, before she proceeded the refund process which took merely just 5minutes of her time.

I am utterly disappointed and unhappy over this encounter. I do not know if your staff lack the knowledge on your company's refund policy or they are trying to bluff their way through by telling me there's no way for refund unless the product is faulty. It was only when I pointed out the return policy on your website that a refund was allowed which in my opinion was done unwillingly.

I can't help but left the store thinking that Courts is not genuine in honouring their promise to customer on their refund policy.

• Courts Singapore's response · Dec 26, 2018

Hi Kris_tin,

• Co
    Coolrunner7 Jan 14, 2019

My elderly parents purchased a LG fridge from Courts Toa Payoh last week paying $777 plus $150 for extended warranty and $20 for disposal of old fridge. Later I realized Courts online advertised the same fridge at $645 and extended warranty $119. Worst still, Harvey Norman is selling the same fridge at $630 and extended warranty $123. Where is the lowest guaranteed price? I am seeking a refund of twice the amount for the price difference as promised by Courts on their customer service delivery. I hope the price difference is not due to overcharging on vulnerable elderly customers but the stock-market like price fluctuation.

online purchase

Courts services are very poor and their customer officers are liars!

I purchased a printer on Courts online on 23 November, 2018 and then got an confirmation email that confirms the purchased item will be delivered on 29 Nov and they will contact me to arrange this.

I waited until 7 Dec, nobody contact me. I checked my online account that says my order is processing. I called to their customer services, and after waited and had to hear a very loud ads sound, nobody took my call.

I continued waiting till 10 December with no news and called them again. Luckily there is a lady officer picked my phone up. I asked her for the status of my order. She checked and told me that the item I ordered is out-of-stock. I asked why there is no one informing me that and expressed my disappointment to their services. She promised me that she will ask the online deparment to contact me and advise me what to do.

However, no one called me. Very disappointed, I contacted them via this link https://www.courts.com.sg/contact/ and asked them to cancel my order. After sending, I got a message that said they will get back to me in 3 working days. Again no news. Send another cancellation again. Again, no news.

You could see how I was disappointed about their services. I called them again on 21 December 2018 and asked to cancel again. Talked with a lady officer, she promised me that she will send an email to their online department to cancel. I asked her to CC that email to my email for an evidence. I took my email address and promised to do so. Finally, she told lie to me. No email, and no call, nothing. I checked my online account, the status is still In progress.

How horrible their services. To be honest, I don't know what to do now. It has been 1 month (it is 23 Dec I am writing this complaint). I bought, they never sent, I asked for cancel, they do nothing. I contacted, they promised but do nothing. They still keep my money but do nothing.

online purchase

[Resolved] washing machine

L very sad that. Court service is very poor n not seen to care about thing. That we buy week ago. My wife...

Courts Singapore

[Resolved] complaints on the service

Hi, I am Mr Kee here, I am facing difficulty of paying the bill under courts account as I just get a job...

[Resolved] online sales department

I ordered a smart TV from the online store a 2 weeks back and i personally called up the sales department to...

[Resolved] customer/delivery service

So I ordered a camera on Black Friday and it supposed to be delivered after a few days. And I understand that due to Black Friday and cyber Monday, they will have a lot of orders but the things is they said I will be informed if any delivery delay and I didn't receive any call or email regarding delivery delay. Email them and no reply. Called courts cs the lady said will get back to me but nothing. Then I went to call again and they said maybe because of the stock availability. So I went to their official website to check and it stated IN STOCK so why can't they just delivered the items since they have stock? I'm really in need of the camera

customer/delivery service

Thank you for contacting Courts.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the delay in processing your order.

Kindly provide us with your tax invoice number in order to check this further.

We shall await for your response.

Good day to you.

We would just like to follow up on your 12 digit tax invoice number for us to assist you further.

Dear Jas.mine,

We would love to assist you on your concern however we did not receive any update on your purchase invoice.

50 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528766

[Resolved] air con installation - poor service and inadequate knowledge

I have purchased a system 3 aircon from Courts. The process was still not so bad till the day they start to arrange for the aircon to be fixed.

I was told by the salesperson it will take about 4 to 6 hours to have old aircon to be taken down and new one to be installed. Arrangement has been made and I was told that they will be at place from 10 am to 6 pm on 28th Nov 2018.

No one turns up till 2.30 pm and the work did not end till 8 plus. We end up cleaning up the mess till past midnight. All these could be avoided if they have arrived on the scheduled time.

This is not the end of my issue, in fact, this is just the every start. We tested the air con before they leave and it's in working condition. However, when we finally settle down, the air con is not working as it's before. We end up sleeping and waking up in sweat. I thought we did not set to the right setting and try it for one more time. This time it got worse. Air con was having only air and nothing else. To make things worst, one of the aircon is leaking.

I tried to call the air con installer on 29th Nov @ 5.40 pm, all i got is a voice recorded message stating that they are closed and their operating hours is from 9 to 6 pm.

I have no choice, I called the salesperson and he informed me that he will get the installer to call me to arrange for the installer to make a check.

I waited for the call and was told that the earliest they can come back to us will be on the 3rd Dec 4 to 6pm. We end up for the next few days without aircon though we have paid for one brand new aircon that is sitting there like a white elephant. I spoke to the sales person informing him about the date and time, the installer will be doing the rectification. He shared with me that he will activating the samsung technician to be there at the same time to provide advice. We thought that everything will be good. As such, my wife took leave and patiently wait for our savior to turn up.

Guess what? No one came. No installer and no one from Samsung came. Called the Salesperson again, this time he told me that Samsung is having their D&D and is unable to be there and he has forgotten to inform me. He apologies and he informed that he will called the installer first thing in the morning at 1030 am and called me back with an answer. There we go, one more night with my white elephant.

on 4th Dec from 10.30 am to 2.30 pm, did not get any call from the salesperson. I have to call and asked him for a status update and he told me that he has arranged for the installer to call me already. I did not receive any call till around 3plus, when the installer finally called and says that he has overlooked as such he forgotten to call or visit my place. He claimed that he will be at my place on the 5th Dec from 4 to 6pm. Again, I have to ask my wife to take leave again to wait for his arrival.

This time, he arrived and after checking, he informed that there is not enough gas in the system which causes the air con not functioning properly.

This is a serious service lapse. I can understand that company needs to cut cost by out sourcing, the question is are they able to match the service standard you promise the customer? For my case is not, I have to take leave to wait for the installer and live with the white elephant that I have paid for suffering.

Thank you for contacting Courts.

We are sorry to hear about this installation issue. We understand how inconvenient this can be for your part and this is not the kind of experience that we want you to have as a customer.
    Kindly provide us with your tax invoice number in order to investigate this further.

We shall await for your response.

• Updated by Kelvin Kwek · Jan 16, 2019

My details are as follows:

Agr / SO NO: 927624741960

Contact me at my email address: [email protected]

[Resolved] tax invoice [protected]

Tax invoice [protected], when are you delivering? Purchased 27 nov, its 5 dec and no call from you to deliver. You state in your email a call will be given within 3 working days. Cannot connect on the phone and asked to leave message to only be called back in 2 days. You have a sale but not anticipate the "overwhelming response". Then why have a sale if you cannot cope. Is this the service courts render? For a big organisation, you are definitely disappointing.

Thank you for contacting Courts.

We understand that our team had arranged your orders for collection and we have response to your letter addressed to the higher management. We would also like to take this opportunity to follow up on the email correspondence we sent to your email. Once again, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a great day!

Good day to you.

We would like to follow up on the above email.

Good day to you.

We believe the items have been delivered and you confirmed to receive it in good condition.
    Once again we truly apologies on the inconvenience caused and delay

delivery issues

Ordered a camera on black friday, supposed to be delivered a few days later but didnt. No updates or whatsoever, went online but cant find the current status also. Called them 3 times because it has already been over 10 days, all they say is they will check and get back to me...but they never did. Based on the email they sent out earlier, they said they will let us know if our shipment gets delayed, they cant even keep their own words, how to conduct business like that?

• Courts Singapore's response · Dec 04, 2018

Dear Mr. Doom,

Thank you for contacting COURTS.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the unpleasant experience you have encountered. Our online team received an overwhelming response due to to our recent Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale.

Dear Mr Doom,

Good day to you.

We would like to follow up on your Tax invoice number in order to assist you on this concern.

Dear Mr Doom,

[Resolved] online purchase

Had made an online purchase on 26 nov. 2018. Delivery slot given was 30 nov. But until today no one from...

[Resolved] no response of my order

I placed online order on the black Friday (23rd Nov). There is no self pick-up in the option and the only option you have is to be contacted. According to their T & C, customer will receive call after 3 working days the order placed. Then i think it is still acceptable. The i just wait for the call

But now it has one week, and I have not received the call from courts.

• Courts Singapore's response · Dec 04, 2018

Hi Bruceeeeee,

Thank you for contacting COURTS.

Our utmost apology for the unpleasant experience you have encountered and we understand that it is definitely unacceptable. Meanwhile, please assist to provide us your purchase invoice number and we will assist you on your concern.

Dear Bruceeeeee,

• Courts Singapore's response · Dec 13, 2018

Dear Bruceeeeee,

We are willing to assist you however, we have not received any response from you since the date of this email. Meanwhile, we will rest this matter first. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

[Resolved] courts singapore clementi

I had just bought a Nintendo Switch bundle with Super Mario Party game at Clementi. My children was keen on...

[Resolved] flyers stated there is free seagate pouch given but no pouch found in package

During my visit to the recent THE TECH SHOW 2018 at Suntec Convention Hall on 3-Nov-2018.
Flyers stated there is free Seagate pouch given for every 1TB Backup Plus Portable Drive at Show Special Price of S$79.
I've purchased total 2pcs of 1TB (Gold & Blue) colour from Courts at the show but when I opened up the package box, I could not find any free Seagate Pouch at all...
I've attached all the evidence so need your help to investigate & advise if I can go the nearest Courts Store (eg Jurong Point) to collect the "missing" Seagate Pouch from the staff?

My Contact Details is as follows:-
Name: Alice Gui
Email Address: [protected]@gmail.com

• Updated by Alice Gui William · Nov 21, 2018

Roughly what's the leadtime required for Courts Customer Service Staff to feedback or provide updates to our complaints?

• Courts Singapore's response · Nov 21, 2018

Dear Alice Gui William,

Thank you for contacting COURTS.

Our sincerest apology for the incomplete item received. Allow us to check this further and we will get back to you for the update within 2 working days.

Please bear with us while we check on this matter.

• Courts Singapore's response · Nov 24, 2018

Dear Alice Gui William,

We are still in a midst of checking your concern. Kindly allow us to investigate on this matter.

We appreciate your kind understanding.

50 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528766

[Resolved] europace casement air con

I paid $999 with my uob debit card on 15th november 2018 for the purchase of europace casement air con. It was scheduled to be installment on the 26th november 2018. And on 21st november 2018, courts contacted me that there was no stock available for the air con. And courts would offer me a refund on my $999. However, the refund would again take at least another 1 week to 1 month depending on the banks and merchants involved. This is too unreasonable on courts side. Because courts had already collected the payment on the 19th november 2018, which my bank informed me when I went to uob bank to enquire about the refund. Courts have caused me to take alot of leave and wasted alot of my time. The least you could have done was to just refund me back my $999 in cash and not further delayed me for any of your so called procedure. Bacause you have already collected the money and failed to delivered your goods. And keep giving me more trouble as I needed the $999 to purchase from other shop for the casement air con. Just to buy 1 simple air con, and its going to take me more than 1 month and still not able to do it. All because of courts irresponsible way of conducting business. Because I was being forced into accepting courts way of dealing their business. Really need to post it on social media to let the whole world knows never to purchase from courts as you are a irresponsible company. The air con was purchased at jem courts outlet.

• Courts Singapore's response · Nov 21, 2018

Dear Upset Cus,

Thank you for contacting COURTS.

Please accept our utmost apology for the unpleasant experience you have encountered and we would like to investigate this further. Kindly assist to provide us your 12 digit Tax Invoice number or Receipt number and we will to check.

We shall await for your kind response. Thank you.

• Courts Singapore's response · Nov 22, 2018

Hi Upset Cus,

As per spoken earlier, the refund have been completed by COURTS. However it will only be reflected within 5 working days, depending on your issuing bank . Please be assured that we remain committed to our obligation of ensuring reliable service to the satisfaction of our customers. Once again, we will be doing necessary measures to meet your expectations on the service and thank you for contacting us. We wish you a good week ahead and should you require any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we would be glad to assist you. Thank you.

[Resolved] service and delivery

Ref:[protected] 55
Tax invoice [protected]
I want to complain about the delivery service provided by Courts. I bought a TV and the date of delivery is stated to be on a Monday, 2 to 6pm. Later the sale person from Samsung called to say that the TV could only be delivered on a Thursday. On Thursday, We waited for the delivery until 6pm before we rang the sale person from Samsung. He asked your company delivery department to call us and your department said that the delivery is going to be on a Friday next day. I then asked for the TV to deliver at 4 to 6pm. Your company called said they would deliver at 10am. I told them not to as I requested the TV to be delivered at 4pm. However the delivery people called to say that they will deliver only at 7pm.
Courts is such a big company, engaging a huge number of workers but yet thing like such, you cannot meet the quality standards. Your workers were rude and pushing responsibility to one another. I am totally disgusted with such standard that I will consider buying anythings from Courts again. I am sure if I will share such an experience with my friends, they will too think twice before they will buy anything from Courts again.

• Courts Singapore's response · Nov 17, 2018

Hi Georgetham,

Thank you for contacting COURTS.

Please accept our utmost apology for the unpleasant experience you have encountered and we understand how inconvenient this can be for you. Allow us sometime to investigate this further and we will update you as soon as we received the information.

• Courts Singapore's response · Nov 17, 2018

Dear Georgetham,

We have made investigation on this incident and upon checking, the relevant department have overlooked the date on the system reason why it was moved to a later date, we understand that you have spoken to the team and they've apologise on this matter. In relation to this issue and on behalf of Courts, please accept our sincerest apology for the unpleasant experience you have encountered. This matter has already reached the manager in charge for them to look into and take up necessary measures to avert the same thing to happen and to also improve our service.
    Meanwhile, please be assured that we remain committed to our obligation of ensuring reliable service to the satisfaction of our customers. Once again, we will be doing necessary measures to meet your expectations on the service and thank you for contacting us.

www.courts.com.sg

[Resolved] aboout customer service and product I bought of dyson

Courts have the lowest price guarantee, I hope I never use it because I trust but after I purchase 1 week, I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices