Country Inn And SuitesRude behavior - false police report filed on me

C Sep 14, 2020

Most horrible experience ever at Country Inn & Suites, Clarksville TN. Had written permission from the manager to bring my therapy dog in training to an event held in the hotel conference room at which my colleagues and I were vending (I was not an actual hotel guest). Dog is clean, quiet, well-behaved, and has had all shots. Written permission stated dog must be leashed at all times (he always is) and that I would have to remove him if any guest complained about allergies.

Dog was walked to empty bladder and bowels prior to entry. However, 20 mins after arrival, dog had an unexpected stomach upset (not the norm for him, and it should be noted he vomited after I brought him home).

Mess cleaned up by us within minutes. No stains noticeable - but as carpet was dirty and stained to begin with, it would be hard to tell what had been on the floor. Photos taken as proof.

Officious desk clerk Ami came in as cleanup was completed to inform me dogs were not permitted in the hotel. Showed her written permission and she left, only to return a few minutes later demanding that dog and I leave immediately or she would call the police. Claimed to have "reached out to the manager" who said we had to go. Colleague asked to speak to manager face-to-face only to be fobbed off with the no-eye-contact reply "It's the weekend". As she was gone only a few minutes, suspect she lied about contacting manager; forcing me to leave appeared to be her unilateral decision. Chose to leave the venue anyway to avoid any more attitude from Ami.

Got bags together and was walking through the lobby on the way out with dog when I observed Ami behind the front desk with phone in hand being very rude to one of my colleagues: "I told you what would happen if that dog wasn't removed!" Colleague pointed out I was walking to the door with dog and there was no need for such nasty attitude. Left immediately after that but have it on very good authority that she still called police about me and dog after I left.

Colleagues had to pack up thousands of dollars in merchandise and leave too after she threatened them with the police. Lost all the day's potential sales because of her attitude and actions. My colleagues and I are well-respected as artists and entertainers and I am appalled she went this far just to be nasty.

Customer service is nonexistent, carpets are stained, and Ami should be fired for calling in a false report to police as well as for her disgusting attitude.

More Country Inn And Suites Complaints & Reviews