Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarrassment

I have been a CPS customer over 5 years now. I have kept any and all payment arrangements I have made. I returned his voicemail over the weekend stating my account number, name and what my payment arrangements are...I get a phone call from ALBERT PEREZ ext. 15858 and yet again he is RUDE, IGNORANT and plainly just does not understand what true customer service means. I told him I would make my 1 auto loan payment on 10/21/11. I then asked him..did you listen to your voicemail I had left you on Saturday? He said uh no I didn't. (okay.. so that shows me that they are either unorganized, lazy, and UNPROFESSIONAL. or all of them just stated). Why would you NOT listen to your voicemail? Especially if you are trying to get money out of us? That really irritated me.

He told me I wasn't being truthful with him. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS??? and NO...HE CAN'T ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN A PAYMENT AND A HALF OR THIRD. I also did tell him I needed to go over my finances to see what I could pay towards the past due amount and I will make any and all payments on the CPS website as I do 99% of the time. He still said "NO - IT"S NOT MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY". Well since he is refusing payment, I guess I will just save my payments towards a new car...I'm not at loss..CPS is. I have always dealt with Cynthia (I believe that's her name) and she's been so wonderful to work with. I've never had these issues until I dealt with Albert. This is the second time he's HARRASSED me and I'm sick of it.

The first time I was laid up in the hospital and he was also a rude ### to me then as well. I told him i was in the hospital and right at that time State Disability did not give us debit cards as payment, they mailed out checks still. SO I tell him this and I told him I would be discharged in 2-3 days and I would get my disability check cashed and get a payment out to him..NO WAY..THAT WASN'T DO-ABLE according to him. He demanded payment. So now he tells me I have 24 hours to contact him back regarding payment...in which I told him on 10/21/11 I would make a full car payment and I couldn't afford anything else.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM (esp ALBERT PEREZ) OR I WILL CONTACT AN ATTORNEY FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. HE and from what I've read THEY should not be harrassing customers the way they are and getting away with it. These are the economic times that we are all struggling in and creditors should be more than willing to "work with" us rather than harrass and argue with us. You get more honey from bees than with ###.

Please - if someone has or knows about a class action lawsuit...please let me know. I've had it with this idiot.

Thanks all-

angie Nov 20, 2008

This company is STILL acting the same as I read in the complaints from last year!! They are HORRIBLE!! They call your job, cell phones, res phone, reference's, any freaking where they can get a breathing being to answer!!! There has to be some kind of law to protect us consumers from being treated this way. What ever happened to "treat people the way you want to be treated"? Surely if the employees believe in that they must have EXCELLENT credit!! Haha...these people probably don't even pay their bills on time...why do they have to treat people like they are ###. Anybody know who I can contact to file legal action on these people?? Please advise ASAP!! Thanks!

• La
    Laurie Nov 20, 2008

have you tried filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Did you even research this company at all? IF not YOUR FAULT!

PAY IT OFF FAST!
    or find another loan with a reputable company - but expect collection calls if you do not make your payments.

angie Nov 20, 2008

First off, I don't think it should be my place to research the company. I believe the dealership should have reputable companies they deal with. It's not my fault that they are idiots and very rude and unprofessional. Have you, Laurie, even read the other complaints from people on this complaint site??? Have you not ever paid anything a little late?? I'm talking these people are like vultures even with 1 day late!!! I too went thru a job change and my husband got laid off so I can't just up and find another lender. I work in the finance industry so I know if you don't pay, you get collectiion calls, however there is a limit to the amount of calls you should receive in a day without it crossing over to the harrassment line!!! I can't imagine calling someones home, cell, job, or references that many times in one day...can you??

• Tk
    tkey Dec 12, 2008

THIS COMPANYISHORRIBLE!!! AT THISPOINT i'M READY TO TELL THEM TO GET THIS CAR JUST NOTO DEAL WITH THEM! AFTER MAKING ARRANGEMENTS WITH THEM THEY CONTINUE TO CALL MY HOME AND CELL PHONE OVER 20 TIMES A DAY... AND I';M NOT KIDDING! THEY NEED TOBE FINED OR SOMETHING! THE LEFT HANDDOESNT KNOW WHATTHE RIGHT HAND IS DOING AND DIFFERENTPEOPLE CONTINUE TOCALL EXPECTING A DIFFERENT AANSWER?? WHY DIO YOU CALL SO MUCH?i HAVE SOMETHING CALLED A JOB THAT I NEEDTO DO TO PAY YOU!!! THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!!

• La
    Laurie Dec 12, 2008

Stop using all CAPS and running words and sentences together.
    Call caps is considered YELLING, and no one will read the gibberish you have posted.

Get off your a.. and go to www.ftc.gov and learn your rights

• Ra
    raynette3 Jun 26, 2009

I wish I would have read some of the compliants on Consumer Portfolio Services before I allowed them to finance my vehicle. I have been with this complany for 15 months, this month being the first month my payment being late. I have rec'd at least 4 harrassing calls per day from this company, each call gets worse. I have been threaten that my vehicle will be repoed-even though the payment is not yet 30 days late. I have filled a compliant with the Better Business Bureau. If your due date is the 3rd the calls start on the 4th, they leave all types of messages at whatever number they think they can reach you at, work, friends, etc. The stress is becoming unbearable. I am in the process of trying to get my car refinance with a new company. But something really needs to be done about this company...THIS CAN'T BE LEGAL...especially during a financial crisis the econmy is in at this time, they could cause someone to cut their wrist.

• Ju
    jules82 Nov 23, 2009

I too have had the same exact problem with this company. I have come to the conclusion that this is a govt owned company. Because they break every law that can be broken and they are still in business, it leads me to believe that the govt set up this company to give the poorest of poor and those that struggle the most to pay their debts for whatever reason, a loan to get a car so they can continue to work. A person with a car is much more likely to be responsible then someone who doesn't have a car. If it wasn't a govt owned company there is no way they wouldn't have been sued. I would like to start a civil law suit. I would like to get everyone that has had any kind of bad experience with this company an opportunity to take part in this law suit. If you are interested in moving forward with me, please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. In the subject line please post CPS Car issues. If you would forward me an email with what you have gone thru with this company and any contact info you feel comfortable sharing, I promise you I will do my best to expose these people in our court system. This company went into my daughters checking account a second month in a row, and took payment, even though they were told several times that they could only take one months payment. The lady then said to my daughter we will be taking next months payment as well. My daughter said no, they didn't have her permission to go in there any other time but the payment she was calling for. They went ahead and stole the money out of her account the next month without any kind of contact or permission. I too have suffered all the same phone harassment as well as having all my family members being told that they were coming to repo my car. Again, I will be shopping for an attorney and filing a class action law suit. If the govt is behind this, it needs to be exposed, if this is an American company doing business in America, then they need to abide by the laws in America and calling and threatening and stealing money from our accounts is not the way we do business in a law abiding country. Email me if you are interested in joining this civil lawsuit. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Te
    T.E.J. Jun 25, 2010

When I got laid off my job in 2/09, I informed this company that I could no longer make the payments on the car and to come and get it. After many letters and filing complaints with the BBB and the State Attorney General's Office, they kept threatening and calling. They finally come and got the car in the middle of May. I sent them an invoice for storage as I kept the car in a secured place until they picked it up and they haven't paid me. They claim they sold the car and I asked for proof of such and the amount and they haven't taken care of either request. They consistently call and most of the time it is only a recording and I have informed them that my only income is social security which is exempt from garnishment and have sent registered certified letters alot to them but they still call. Of course there is a balance owing on the vehicle that I turned in, but there is no way I can or will pay the balance. This company should not be allowed to be in business and if you want to read more about them, just go to their site and you won't believe what this company has done to people. I even informed the dealership where I got the car that they should not deal with this company, but I never heard back from them.

• Pr
    project626 Sep 24, 2010

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
    She is a Manager for CPS.
    [protected]
    She seems to be a VERY helpful person

• Pr
    project626 Nov 11, 2010

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
    She is a Manager for CPS.
    [protected]
    She seems to be a VERY helpful person.

• Ca
    Carloanhelp Oct 11, 2011

I know I am behind in my car payments but...these are the times...my husband had to take a 20% paycut for the last two years so am trying to keep my head above water.. But they have no customer service manner...I owe less than 4820.00 and willing to work with them but they have no tact they are mean and well I cannot wait to pay off my car...

• Be
    beyond mad Feb 15, 2012

did you find out about a class action lawsuit? I am having the same problem and it is also woth dealing with Albert!! i want to pursue somthing about the way i was treated!! i was told i am a lair and the i oblivious cant afford and that i will never be able to catch up so i such just give up the car.

• Al
    alreadysuedthem Nov 12, 2012

contact their ceo in california
    [protected]@consumerportfolio.com
    [protected]@consumerportfolio.com

• Be
    beyond mad Nov 12, 2012

Did u ever file a claim or find anything out? I have had it with them!