Zazzle.com / black membership scam

United States Review updated:

Purchased a girl's "parrot design" t-shirt from www.birdorable.com. Purchase transaction is brokered through www.zazzle.com.
Bad enough that the shirt was over-priced at $25, when shipping was added in the complete transaction came out to $35.09 USD. Then exactly 31 days later I am billed again for a "Black Membership". Apparently, when you make your first purchase with them, they enroll you for a trial membership somewhere in the fine print. If you don't cancel the trial membership, they bill you for it 31 days later, which is what has happened in my case. What a scam. Now I am in for > $45 for a 10 year girls flimsy T-shirt.

Comments

• La
      20th of Mar, 2012

I agree they are complete Rip-Off artist. A month later they billed me again for a service I never ordered. Customer Service said there is no way to give me my money r via credit card but will give me credit for a future order. Yeh like I'm stupid enough to use them again.

• Hc
      29th of Jun, 2012

I received this charge as well. Very angry.

• Do
      14th of Sep, 2012

I also was billed for a black membership in 30 days. I was told that when I placed the order it included this membership. No refund is available. I could buy something from Zazzle and use a credit. They got your money they keep your money. I never want to deal with them again. Zazzle is a big ripoff.

• Kk
      11th of Aug, 2015

I was really angry to receive this charge as well. I was thrilled with my purchase however, after this I will never use this company again. It's a shame because the products are fantastic. Zazzle should think about how much more they could make by being an honest company! I got my refund through making the fraud complaint at my bank!
    Buyer BEWARE!!!

• Ke
      12th of Nov, 2015

Same thing as the rest -- I bought a T-Shirt for my girlfriend and a month later I noticed a "Zazzle Black Membership" charge. I am usually really attentive to signing up and removing myself from accounts. I don't recall this one. I am contacting customer support now.

• Ar
      11th of Sep, 2017

I am FURIOUS my paypal account was charged $9.99 for NOTHING! I didn't even get my original ORDER!!! I sincerely detest when companies TAKE my money, great or small, without my consent!! Paypal will get the money back for me. I will NEVER order from Zazzle ever again!!!

• Za
      1st of Jan, 2018

Zazzle auto renewed the zazzle black without my authorization... As if that was not enought... Zazzle does not let you remove your credit card information so they can find illegal reasons to charge your credit card!!

• Xm
      29th of Jan, 2019

I was unknowingly charged $9.95 from Zazzle. When I inquired about it, they stated that I signed up for some type of Black Membership. I never signed up for a membership. Zazzle never communicated to me, nor sent any email stating that I was a member of some type of club. They are now refusing to credit me back for something I never willingly asked for nor signed up for. I feel Zazzle is misleading and taking advantage of me by secretly charging me for a service I never wanted.

They offered me a credit for merchandise, but why would I want to do business with a company that misleads you and charges you without your knowledge.

I have blocked them from future charges on my credit card and I have filed complaints with the BBB and my bank.

It's also pretty interesting that you cannot leave a review on their facebook page and if you leave a negative comment, they don't address it, they just remove it.