Youtube / commercial segment aired prior to a video

1 United States

Im not a parent. Still, I worry about content suitable to younger children. Whether that commercial just scares them or has a lasting effect, even a trauma. So let me share with you what happened.

Grant it, I am 40 years old and I pretty much can handle any content put in front of me. But what if this was a child? So I decided to go to YouTube and look up something related to Disney. And as always they play 30 second commercials before our selected video.
However, it was a movie trailer about the upcoming movie Halloween. A very strong set of clips where the main character is murdering and terrorizing people. I began to wonder, " How does such a horrific graphic clip play just before a kid friendly Disney video comes on?" Who is supervising this on your end?
Now if the commercials are on auto pilot or run random, my next question is "WHY?".
Our kids grow up with the tv for a nanny. I strongly believe everything they see will have a tremendous impact on them. Or some videos will traumatize our younger You Tubers, and need to be controlled better.
What do you think? Now, Im not looking for an apology. Im wondering what a socially responsible company like You Tube will do to change things.

Davian C.