YouGov / They refuse to respond

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

At the end of the Yougov/CNN panel survey I did on August 16, 2007, the screen said that I would be credited with a $10.00 Amazon.com voucher; this is what the original email announcing the survey also said. I did not receive the voucher. Repeated emails to Yougov were totally ignored. Eventually, on October 1, 2007, by dint of persistent emails, I did get the voucher which I was promised three months before.

On July 12, 2008, I received an email announcing another survey. When I logged in, my CNN Panel account said "You have not completed any surveys." As a matter of fact, I have done several surveys and accumulated hundreds of points. As usual, all of my emails to various Yougov addresses have been ignored. From what I have seen on various Internet forums, neither the this fraud by Yougov nor their refusal to respond to emails are isolated cases. Their fraud is habitual.

Va

Comments

• Am
      11th of May, 2009

YouGov COMPLETELY dishonest and unprofessional!

I have been taking surveys from yougov for quite some time. I am owed $100 after being a panel member for YEARS, since when I was in college. I have taken a great deal of time and effort to get some kind of satisfaction from yougov, but to no avail. My account states:

Cheque No. Date Paid Amount Paid
    2021 1/26/2009 $50.00
    94 9/30/2008 $50.00

Yet I have not been compensated.

I finally got an e-mail from an Emily Young stating my check was coming to me in five weeks because they were experiencing a delay. This was sent to me 02/16/09. It is now May of 2009.

Under the 'My Details' tab, there isn't even anywhere to enter your mailing address or futher information about youself. So how could they have mailed these alleged checks? I e-mailed a young lady named Kirsty Marshall who said she forwarded my information and then politely asked how I got her contact information.

I am frustrated that I have wasted time and getting no answer. How can a panel ignore their panelists like this? I feel cheated and unappreciated. Like I fell for the oldest trick in the book. What am I supposed to do at this point? Where do I go next?

• Ms
      3rd of Oct, 2009
    Yougov - Payment for surveys
    Yougov
    England, Essex
    United Kingdom

I completed surveys to the value of 50 pounds but did not receive the cheque as promised. I have sent dozens of emails and phoned a number of times to no avail. I will however persist.

• Al
      20th of Jun, 2011

I spent a great deal of time doing surveys and got up to £26 and then the paid surveys stopped coming. I was sent loads of surveys to complete, but they were all unpaid surveys. I have contacted them loads of times since I completed my last survey in sept 2009, but they are not interested and it is now June 2011. As you will know they do not pay out until you reach £50, but how will I ever reach it with unpaid surveys? They are obviously complete scamsters and I intend to find out if there is a regulating body for them.

• St
      25th of Jan, 2014

I redeemed my points for a regal gift card forth 25 dollars that was 6 months ago I have yet to receive it the said they reissued a card last wee still have not gotten it going to report them to better business

• Ev
      23rd of Mar, 2015

Scammed here too. I redeemed my points for a Michaels gift card $25 but they sent me a card for $25 free movies. Thing is, the gift card they sent was for Regal theaters of which there are NONE anywhere even close to me much less this state! So, it's totally & completely WORTHLESS!