[Resolved] Yes! Communities / sewer/water billing

Choctaw, OK, United States

I have lived here at yes community for awhile and I have talked to several managers several maintenance workers and they all could not give me a clear anwser on how they charge the water/sewer to each of the familys here. I have asked for documentation on the water/sewer usage to each home. They claim it os digitally sent to the office. Ok well, why cant I see my individual usage chart or reading? Well it doesnt work that way or i will have it for you on the next cycle. Nothing! No documentation or nothing not even a phone call or a personal response on this issue. The whole community wants awnsers!
So I decided to do some research and ask some former employees with yes communities. There response was (Its very shady and they have loop holes they go through to make a profit.) I plan on calling the news station about this issue and Let them do some investigating of there own if I dont get awnsers. BTW I know they are cheating me cause I purposely turned my water off for a whole cycle just to see the results and i get my bill and a extra billing was on there for over usage on water/sewer. I mean this is a Scandal! A BIG Scandal!!!

• Resolution statement

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, May 03, 2017

Oak Ridge Estates calculates their water rates based on the Master meter bill. The resident usage however, is calculated from the meters at each individual home. Your monthly statement reflects both your usage as well as the rate charged for that usage. You are correct that we are not allowed, nor do we intend, to profit from water. However, we are allowed to determine the rates in order to capture the amount charged on the master bill. Those rates are calculated by an independent 3rd party whom we use to generate monthly resident bills. When we received yours and others questions regarding the May bills, we did a full investigation. We did find an error with the May water bill rate calculation and we will be issuing a credit that will be reflected on the June statement. We do apologize for any inconvenience and should you have more specific questions about how the water bill is calculated please visit your community office and Terrie Boyd, the community manager, would be happy to provide you more information.

Jj